Fat Thor vs. Cap w/Mjolnir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: Coloseum, Rome

Who wins?

FrothByte
This is Fathor w/ Stormbreaker yes?

Cap probably runs circles around him in the opening rounds and land more hits.

In the end though, I'm not convinced that ThunderCap has enough damage output to take out Thor whereas I'm not sure how Cap would fair if Thor started dishing out lightning.

Stormbreaker is also a deadlier weapon than Mjolnir, that's assuming that Cap has possession of Mjolnir throughout the fight and Thor doesn't just summon it back to him.

Stigma
Originally posted by FrothByte
This is Fathor w/ Stormbreaker yes?
Yeah.

BrolyBlack

steverules_2

BrolyBlack
I know

FrothByte

BrolyBlack

KingD19
The hammer has lightning because it has the enchantment on it.

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." And we saw Cap with enhanced strength, the ability to call Mjolnir and lightning.

Psychotron
He's a better fighter than Thor but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's as strong and durable as Thor.

Um, Mjolnir grants those who are worthy of lifting it the power of Thor. He sent Thanos flying back with a few shots. There's no way Cap can do that under his own power.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by KingD19
The hammer has lightning because it has the enchantment on it.

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." And we saw Cap with enhanced strength, the ability to call Mjolnir and lightning.

Ah that makes sense

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
Um, Mjolnir grants those who are worthy of lifting it the power of Thor. He sent Thanos flying back with a few shots. There's no way Cap can do that under his own power.

So you're saying ThunderCap is more or less bulletproof and can survive a neutron star?

BrolyBlack
Ha, good point however “who shall hold this hammer will have the power of Thor”

That could also mean you have Thors power but not his Asgardoan Biology.

I don’t think the hammer makes you an Asgardian.

ares834
So you're saying ThunderCap is more or less bulletproof and can survive a neutron star?

Uh... Yes. Mjolnir grants you the power of Thor, it seems fairly straight forward to me.

FrothByte
Originally posted by ares834
Uh... Yes. Mjolnir grants you the power of Thor, it seems fairly straight forward to me.

Does that mean you get Thor's thunder powers as well as his Asgardian physiology then? Or does it only mean his thundergod powers? Does that mean Cap can live thousands of years as long as he keeps the hammer?

KingD19
We know Cap had lightning in his eyes, could use Mjolnir like Thor and could hit Thanos hard enough to hurt him. He was also tough enough to take several blows from Thanos.

BrolyBlack
Cap wins, he has the power of Thor and he’s the best fighter in the MCU pound for pound

Psychotron

Why not? That's how it works in the comics too. Actually, I don't remember Thor ever getting shot in these movies but he did dive for cover in Avengers when those jets oppened fire on him and Hulk.

Darth Thor
^ He got shot by Ultron in the Quinjet in AOU.

Darth Thor
Also: Whosoever HOLDS this hammer if he be Worthy shall possess the power of Thor.

If Thor and Cap TK fight over it, thereby keeping it out of Caps hands for a prolonged period, then Cap should lose the power of Thor. Presumably something like the 60 second rule comic Thor has had at times.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Also: Whosoever HOLDS this hammer if he be Worthy shall possess the power of Thor.

If Thor and Cap TK fight over it, thereby keeping it out of Caps hands for a prolonged period, then Cap should lose the power of Thor. Presumably something like the 60 second rule comic Thor has had at times.

That doesn't really seem in character for Thor. He's a brawler. I don't think he'd want to win that way (assuming it even works like that).

Darth Thor
^ Hes not just a brawler. He mixes things up a fair bit. And he tried to TK Mjolnir out of Helas hand. So it would be in character. Especially if hes getting beaten.

Psychotron
^ Hes not just a brawler. He mixes things up a fair bit. And he tried to TK Mjolnir out of Helas hand. So it would be in character. Especially if hes getting beaten.

He tried TKing Mjolnir because it was his primary weapon.

Darth Thor
He tried TKing Mjolnir because it was his primary weapon.

Really? And I guess now its Stormbreaker? Funny then he still took Mjolnir back from the past.

We also saw with both available, he will use both Mjolnir and SB equally.

He clearly has an attachment to Mjolnir and will certainly go to get it back if its working against him.

Psychotron
Yeah, and Steve will block that attempt. Also, Steve can apparently summon Stormbreaker so what if he steals his axe first?

There's no way to know who can out-summon who so this is a pointless discussion.

FrothByte
Yeah, and Steve will block that attempt. Also, Steve can apparently summon Stormbreaker so what if he steals his axe first?

There's no way to know who can out-summon who so this is a pointless discussion.

The difference is that Thor still maintains all his powers even without his weapons. If Cap loses Mjolnir then he loses his thundergod powers.

emporerpants
Yeah, it was kinda weird how Cap did better with just mjolnir than Thor did when Thor had both mjolnir and stormbreaker. The movie really did shit on Thor pretty bad.

KingD19
Thor had been drinking heavily and was out of practice for several years. He wasnt in top form.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by emporerpants
Yeah, it was kinda weird how Cap did better with just mjolnir than Thor did when Thor had both mjolnir and stormbreaker. The movie really did shit on Thor pretty bad.

It's due to Mjolnir giving Cap Thor's powers. In that aspect, I believe Cap should be as strong as Thor. I mean, before Mjolnir, Cap's punches and kicks would barely bother Thanos, afterwards, Thanos was being swayed.

Cap fighting skills and agility also give him a great advantage considering that Thanos is also a good fighter.

BrolyBlack
Cap was clearly at the power of Thor in his prime, as the enchantment says so.

Psychotron
The difference is that Thor still maintains all his powers even without his weapons. If Cap loses Mjolnir then he loses his thundergod powers.

Cap has control over Mjolnir when he lets go of it, though. And Stormbreaker for some reason.

FrothByte
Cap has control over Mjolnir when he lets go of it, though. And Stormbreaker for some reason.

Yes, but if they get into a mental tug-of-war between the weapons where they're now caught in the air between them, Thor can easily just blast Cap with lightning.

HulkIsHulk

Isn't that a bit reaching?

Psychotron
Yes, but if they get into a mental tug-of-war between the weapons where they're now caught in the air between them, Thor can easily just blast Cap with lightning.

Seems a bit far fetched. Wouldn't Steve have some sort of control over the lightning if he's still at least partially in control of Mjolnir? Also, what makes you think Thor would even try to do that? Sounds extremely cheap and dishonorable.

FrothByte
Seems a bit far fetched. Wouldn't Steve have some sort of control over the lightning if he's still at least partially in control of Mjolnir? Also, what makes you think Thor would even try to do that? Sounds extremely cheap and dishonorable.

No. Cap won't have any control of lightning without Mjolnir, same way regular Thor couldn't generate lightning before without Mjolnir.

And Thor has used lightning blasts on his opponents before without hesitation. I don't see why he'd think it dishonorable in this situation.

I mean, if honor was to be taken into account in this match I'm pretty sure Steve would find it dishonorable to user Thor's own weapon against him. And if he did user Mjolnir then I'm thinking Thor wouldn't hesitate to use his lightning then.

Psychotron
We're going to have to agree to disagree then. I can't see this being anything other than a melee fight. Thor is too much of a proud warrior.

FrothByte
We're going to have to agree to disagree then. I can't see this being anything other than a melee fight. Thor is too much of a proud warrior.

Ok. Well, I can't force you to change your mind. Just saying, he wasn't too proud to use his lightning against Loki, Ironman, Hulk, Hela or Thanos.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Isn't that a bit reaching?

Not really.

We are assuming Cap had ALL of Thors abilities because of the enchantment, and not down to showings. So the same enchantment also makes it clear The Worthy have to Hold Mjolnir to gain those abilities.

So theres assumptions on both sides coming from the enchantment.

Plus we kind of know Cap doesnt have Thors abilities without Mjolnir.

FrothByte
Not really.

We are assuming Cap had ALL of Thors abilities because of the enchantment, and not down to showings. So the same enchantment also makes it clear The Worthy have to Hold Mjolnir to gain those abilities.

So theres assumptions on both sides coming from the enchantment.

Plus we kind of know Cap doesnt have Thors abilities without Mjolnir.

There's also a scene later on where Cap no longer has Mjolnir and Thanos knocks him out cold with a single punch. It seemed to show that he no longer (if he ever did) have Thor's durability since it usually takes more than that to completely knock Thor out.

Darth Thor
^ Ah right, interesting.

I still havent rewatched the film, but have a feeling will have to wait for the home release before we can pick out all these details.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.