Which of these RPG's should I play?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I own but have never played/played extensively/beaten...

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Brutal Legend
Gothic
Gothic II
Gothic 3
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Darkest Dungeon
Legend of Grimrock
Legend of Grimrock II
Lords of the Fallen
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Dark Souls III
Overlord
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Beyond Divinity
Divinity II: Director's Cut
Divinity: Original Sin (Classic & Enhanced versions)
Divinity: Original Sin II
Absolver
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Black Desert Online
Braveland
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
Dragon Age: Origins
Dungeon Siege
Dungeon Siege II
Dungeon Siege III
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Enclave
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout 3: GOTY Edition
Fallout 4
Game of Thrones RPG
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Joe Dever's Lone Wolf
The Last Remnant
Pillars of Eternity
Rencounter
Sacred Gold
Shadowrun Returns
Terraria
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
Torchlight
Torchlight II
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Victor Vran

Just I guess... Pick out a game you think I should play first?...

Like maybe a top 5 games I should play before I decide to play the rest, cause choosing just 1 might be hard.

StiltmanFTW
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

-Pr-
Dragon Age Origins is my all-time favourite game, so I'm always going to recommend that.

Witcher series is great for the most part, but the first game takes some getting through, and the combat system is best played with a controller.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines even with mods shows its age, but it's still a really, really enjoyable RPG if you like that kind of setting.

Kazenji
Torchlight is a good series if you liked the Diablo games.

ares834
Witcher 2 & 3 and Divinity Original Sin 2 are the stand outs of that list (at least of those I've played).

Kazenji
I'd also put Victor Vran with the Torchlight game, If you like the Diablo style type games.

StyleTime
In all honesty, that list is stacked with solid titles. You need to just get to playing broski lol. I will throw in a recommendation for Dark Souls II : SotFS and III, but there's plenty of good choices on that list.

NemeBro
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (may require mods to run)
Darkest Dungeon (steep learning curve, be warned)
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. Play 3 too, but play 2 first. 3 mostly references the first game, but there are some call backs to 2 that you can't appreciate if you haven't played it.
Divinity Original Sin II (EXTREMELY steep learning curve, use a guide)

Outside of your list, if you want a great RPG that isn't too long but has an immense wealth of options play Age of Decadence.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NemeBro
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (may require mods to run)
Darkest Dungeon (steep learning curve, be warned)
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. Play 3 too, but play 2 first. 3 mostly references the first game, but there are some call backs to 2 that you can't appreciate if you haven't played it.
Divinity Original Sin II (EXTREMELY steep learning curve, use a guide)

Outside of your list, if you want a great RPG that isn't too long but has an immense wealth of options play Age of Decadence. I've played the crap out of Age of Decadence, great game. I even bought the spin-off "dungeon rats" where you control a team instead of one dude. Really enjoy the lore of the game.

The only Divinity game I've played is the veeeeery first one from back in 2002, Divine Divinity, played the crap out of it, but from what I've seen, Original Sin I & II are way different.

Darkest Dungeon seems great as well.

Surtur
Bloodlines is a great choice, but you should use the unofficial patch. Not only does it fix bugs, but it restores content. For instance, the game developers created the ability to choose a "history" at character creation(which can impact your stats) but for some reason they never activated it(the game was in the end). This patch activates it so you can choose a history if you want(some have negative impacts).

Morrowind...it's tricky lol. You absolutely need mods if you ever expect to enjoy combat, but it is worth it. If you took Morrowind and gave it the combat mechanics of Skyrim it would be nearly a perfect game. Morrowind made exploring worth it...you could come across a powerful enchanted item just by exploring a random tomb, etc.

In Oblivion and Skyrim the majority of the powerful items I got were rewards for completing quests. One mod you should get is magic regeneration. Otherwise you'll only be able to regain magicka points by resting or drinking a potion. Trust me it's not game breaking or anything, it just means you won't have to constantly rest or chug potions.

Though it might be best to know which kind of RPG's you prefer. I like Gothic, I've beaten it, but it's a lot different than Morrowind or Oblivion or Kingdoms of Amalur, etc.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I've played the crap out of Age of Decadence, great game. I even bought the spin-off "dungeon rats" where you control a team instead of one dude. Really enjoy the lore of the game.

The only Divinity game I've played is the veeeeery first one from back in 2002, Divine Divinity, played the crap out of it, but from what I've seen, Original Sin I & II are way different.

Darkest Dungeon seems great as well. Be warned, Original Sin 2 has a learning curve as steep as Age of Decadence does, only you can waste more hours in OS2 before realizing your build is unworkable garbage compared to Age of Decadence where it becomes very apparent very soon.

Darkest Dungeon is very cool, although it isn't an RPG in the same sense as the others in my recommendations. Also has pretty good mod support, if you play I can recommend a few.

Surtur
Divinity 2 is actually a really awesome game too. At one point you get the ability to turn into a dragon and fly around all over, etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.