Nationalities

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
I got some great TOP 10's of different nationalities. I'll post them one by one. I'll start with the Dutch.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING DUTCH

1. You can get arrested for growing plants, but not for smoking them.
2. You can make jokes about the Belgians and still drink their beer.
3. a.) You can legally kill yourself.
b.) You can legally be killed
4. You're exactly like the Germans, except that nobody hates you.
5. You think you are a world power, but everyone else thinks Copenhagen is your capital...
6. You get to insult people and defend yourself by saying it's a national tradition.
7. You can put your finger in a dyke and it will save your country
8. You live in the most densely populated country in Europe, and still you've never seen your neighbours.
9. If the economy is bad, blame the Germans. If a war is started, blame the Germans. If you lose your keys, blame the Germans.
10. Bikes are public property. Locks are a challenge.

laughing out loud Comments?

Ratcat
Brave, and probably very smart, to start with your own nationality. I like it, more please!

Dim
Okay, some of those I just didn't get laughing out loud

Next up!..THE BRITISH!!!! rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
Yeah, go for it. I love these things!smile

queeq
As you wish mylord. I included the Scottish as well.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING ENGLISH :

1. Two World Wars and One World Cup.
2. Warm beer.
3. You get to confuse everyone with the rules of cricket.
4. You get to accept defeat graciously in major sporting events.
5. Union jack underpants.
6. Water shortages guaranteed every single summer.
7. You can live in the past and imagine you are still a world power.
8. Bathing once a week - whether you need to or not.
9. Ditto changing underwear.
10. Beats being Welsh.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING SCOTTISH :

1. You ain't English!
2. You ain't English!
3. You ain't English!
4. You ain't English!
5. You ain't English!
6. You ain't English!
7. You ain't English!
8. You ain't English!
9. You ain't English!
10. You ain't English!

Ratcat
OK, like those, apart from 8 & 9, but then I'm a pathalogical bather!!!

queeq
Those were my favourites. laughing out loud

Ratcat
laughing out loud OK, my request next then AMERICANS. Specially if they come frim IDAHO!!!!

queeq
Sorry. Don't have those. I have: Belgians, Norwegians (finti!!!), Germans (my favourite), Spanish, Italians and French. After all, it's a European board.

So what's with Idaho? Can't we just use that line from An Officer and a Gentleman: There's only two kinds of people from Idaho: steers and queers.

Ratcat
So Dim, you a steer or you a queer. laughing out loud

Dim
Well, you called me a silly cow once stick out tongue

queeq
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT???? RC did THAAAAAT??? How rude. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Oh yeah, and about 2 seconds later you had a hissy fit!!! stick out tongue

queeq
So you think I'm a great actor? Thanks.

Dim
He's talking about me queeqer...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ratcat
Queeq, little point, you are NOT the center of the universe!!! laughing out loud

queeq
Well, your post was after mine. Honest mistake.

Ratcat
Honestly, well there you go then...

queeq
Go where.

Anyway, here's the Germans.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING GERMAN :

Give them a second chance
1. Oktoberfest.
2. Oktoberfest-beer.
3. BMW.
4. VW.
5. Audi.
6. Mercedes.
7. On a highway you can travel at a speed that would bring you to jail in any other country.
8. You do not have to learn German as a foreign language.
9. You think Sauerkraut is delicious.
10. You're hated by europeans

Raz
Dim asked for the British and queeq gave the English.
British includes English, Scottish, Welsh and NI.
What about the rest???

queeq
The Welsh and Scottish are mentioned in there, Raz. Read again.

Ratcat
Well he did Scottish. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Britain doesn't include NI! It's the United Kingdom of Great Britatin AND Northern Ireland!

queeq
Thanks again for the rescue, Ush.

Ushgarak
No problem, just carrying on in my quest for truth and knowledge for all...

Dim
Do you not feel represented Raz?

Ratcat
So he should have said United Kingdom. Well picked up there.

finti
I would love to hear the Norwegian one, if I dont like it you know what will happen......Thats right the plugs in the dijk goes pop..smile

queeq
I'll post it tonight. I don't have it with me right now.

finti
I`ll be waiting in excitement, *finti checks the plug in the dijk* Might be a wet tuseday in Hollandsmile

queeq
So what else is new. laughing out loud

Gundark
Ahem, queeq, you don't have it with you right now ?

(Best Greedo voice) Jabba has no time for smugglers who dump their shipment of spice at the first sign of imperial forces. laughing out loud laughing out loud

BTW, your lists are pretty funny. I guess Dim and I will have to make our own up. laughing out loud

queeq
Yep, but then again: who wants to be an American? laughing out loud

finti
Making my own
Top ten reasons for being Norwegian.

1. We are on top of Europe
2. We are not member of EU
3. We hunt wolfs, because the sheep farmers dont tend their herd while out in the nature, they claim that the wolf eating their sheep cost so much money. So now they finance a wolf hunt which is 10 times as expensive. Go wolfs.
4. We make conflict wherever Norwegian negotiating for peace( Israel, Indonesia) and now we gonna run KFOR in the former Yugoslavia, so dont be surprised if all hell breaks loose down there.
5. We are not Swedes(thank god)
6. We dont care what the rest of the world think of us, we do the opposite of the world opinion.
7. We gladly pay the UN operations, regardless what other countries owe the UN, in fact UN owes Norway some billion dollars. Who cares we are so rich that people must sleep in the hospitals hallways because there are no room for them. Why take care of ourselves when we can take care of third world countries.
8. Norway hunts whales just to get Paul Watson up here to kick his ass
9. We are propably one of the most expensive countries in the world.
10.We have mountains (queeq)

queeq
laughing out loud . Nice one, finti. So you have mountains called queeq?

finti
Yep!

Dim
Yeah Gun, we need to do an American list...and queeq..to answer your "Who want's to be an American" -you do!

Ratcat
But he is an american by birth, isn't he???

Dim
Yeah...but that doesn't mean much.

Ratcat
Well, it makes him more American than me!

Gundark
Hey...I didn't know queeq was born in the good ole' USA...boy, can I go places with this....evil face

working on that list, Dimmy. smile

finti
I can give you all a hand on the US listevil face

Raz
Boy, do you guys post!

Anyways, on the Great Britain stuff, thanks for correcting me. According to Dictionary.com, our official name is "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".
Heres more info on our beloved country:

BTW, finti, why do you think it is a good reason not to be in the EU??? I've always considered it to be a positive thing.

queeq
EU sucks!!!! And with a EU we lose these nice top 10's. laughing out loud

Raz
The EU does not suck. It was formed for a reason.

Ratcat
Yeah, but hasn't that reason been lost, buried beneath so much burocracy. When someone can be prosecuted for using lbs and oz instead of kilos then something is definately wrong.

The European Union (Community) is a double edged sword. There are some good points and some bad. Guess you can't have everything...

finti

King Jedi
This is what I like to see! A good international debate.
Anyway I don't like the EU either. It worked for years but as always people want more power and now it's terrible. They had debates for months on what curve a bannana should have. Now if bannanas are too curved they get sent back! It's rediculous. They even want to change bannanas!?!

And according to the EU you aren't supposed to wave a Union Jack anymore or other national flags or you could get fined.

The EU is run by bankers (that's with a "B"wink and corporations who are only interested in a single currency because it means they can compete more with Japan and America. It doesn't have anything to do with what's best for the individual countries. IMHO.

finti
Well put KJ.

Ushgarak
Hey! I get to meet King Jedi at last. Welcome, oh mighty master etc.

The EU has its faults, but I reckon that reform from inside has fewr disadvantages from isolationism. The re-distribution of resources may seem mad, but that's what international co-operation is all about. Although they really MUST drop Common Agricultural policy ASAP...

In any case, resist globiisation and you will be left behind. The US is already causing it just by existing. English WILL be the language of the future, regardless of protest. The Euro may already be an outdated concept- with any single currency in the futre going to be either dollars or some arbitrary currency unit- but at least it acknowledges the inevitability of harmonisation.

The EU can be made to work. Seriously. Abandoning it won't help it.

queeq
EU is only about money. Money, money, money. For banks, insurance companies and big holdings, so they won't loose any money by transferring it to another currency. Strong economies will suffer from the weak and the weak will be taken over by the strong. It's a political disaster area with politicians who have hardly any feeling with the country they come from, let alone with other countries. The Euro was forced on the citizens. In Holland no one even asked if we wanted it. These hypocritical politicians who claim to represent us just decided it, because the Germans want it. And the Dutch always do as the Germans do because our economy depends on it. Ergo, EU sucks. Norwegians are smart and here's their top 10.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING NORWEGIAN:

1. You get to pay the highest taxes in the world.
2. You can kill baby seals and eat Rudolf the Reindeer.
3. You live in total freezing darkness half the year and get 24 hour ozone-hole radiation the other half.
4. You can get capital punishment for smoking dope.
5. You can go skiing in your knickers.
6. You get to hate the Swedes and beat the Brazilians in football.
7. You have to be a woman to get anywhere.
8. You don't need to worry about land prices rocketing - its fairly spacious.
9. When abroad you can impress people you meet with stories about killing polar bears and shagging penguins - and they believe you.
10. You can actually get bored with blondes.

finti
No way the french will accept English as the language, this language dispute is what will end the dream of EU. Cant abandon a thing we are not part off.
Common agriculture is kind of the foundation pillar of the entire EU mess.

queeq
The French will never even accept anything that isn't in their advantage or that might harm their high and mighty identity.

Ushgarak
It doesn't matter if the French on't accept it- the globalisation of English is a FACT. It't not an EU matter. Even if arguments about it bring down the EU, it will still happen.

It's the same with currency markets- it's an inevitable trned. Economics decided that long before the politicians did. The politicians merely noticed they could either go with it, or ignore it and hope it will go away.

The only way to undo this stuff would be to re-make the world as we know it, from the ground up. Not feasible.

But if we can make the EU work,if it can be about co-operation and not domination, sharing and not ridiculous re-allocation, open markets and not chaotic finance... that would be wroth the current hassle.

queeq
There will be a HUGE financial choas and IMHO this is the final opportunity for the big three (France, Germany and England) to conquer Europe. The one with the biggest control wins. After 2000 years we will have a new Roman Empire. Yeeeeehaaaah. sad

Talking about the French:

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING FRENCH:

1. When speaking fast you can make yourself sound gay.
2. Experience the joy of winning the World Cup for the first time
3. You get to eat insect food like snails and frog's legs.
4. If there's a war you can surrender really early.
5. You don't have to read the subtitles on those late night films on Channel 4.
6. You can test your own nuclear weapons in other people's countries.
7. You can be ugly and still become a famous film star.
8. Allow Germans to march up and down your most famous street humiliating your sense of national pride.
9. You don't have to bother with toilets, just @#%$ in the street.
10. People think you're a great lover even when you're not.

Ratcat
Just one minpr point, it's the Euro, not the ECU. Or does ECU stand for European Currency Unit, in which case that must be what the call it over there.

As for all the other stuff, I persoanlly wouldn't want a currency that so far has performed worse against the dollar than the pund, which takes some beating anyway...

finti
The euro is called ECU, and its and old French currency.
The strongest will win eventually, but it wont happen until Norway joins. They really want our fish, oil and money. Too bad we will never join and the opposition have grown stronger since the election in 1994.(we did to well in the winter olympics held in Norway which boosted the national feelings)
Shagging penguins, no no that`s the eskimos, and yes we ate Rudolf we used hi nose as a potato. No way there are top 10 reasons for being French.

queeq
It's the other way around really: the ECU is now called the EURO.

Here are our Belgian brethren.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING BELGIAN

1. You get to speak three languages, but none of them intelligibly.
2. If other countries want to fight a war, they will do it in your country
3. You can brew drinks out of fruit, and still call it beer.
4. You are either
a.like the Dutch, just less efficient
b.like the French, just less romantic
c.like the Germans
5. Decent fries. Real mayonnaise. Great chocolate. The best beer.
6. No one knows anything about you, except for the Dutch and French and they make fun of you.
7. More scandals in a week than any other country in a decade.
8. You can drive like a maniac on the road and nobody cares
9. All your famous countrymen are either imaginary, or sex-offenders
10. Face it. It's not really a country, is it?

Ratcat
OI think that the day this country decides to adopt the Euro is the day I decide to definately leave the country.

queeq
Where will you got then? The US?

finti
Okey my top 10 for being an American.
1. One US burger can feed an African nation
2. When electing a president you have two candidates and still it gets cofusing.
3. You think the world was created in 1776.
4. You can brag about drinking a beer which in Europe would be considered water.
5. Blowjobs are not considered sex. Sigars are
6. A moron is now the president.
7. Nobody dears picking on your country anymore.
8. You have football and they carry the ball.
9. You gave the world cheerleaders.
10. You also gave the world disco.
GO US

queeq
TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING SPANISH :

1. Glorious history of killing South American tribes.
2. The rest of Europe thinks Africa begins at the Pyrenees.
3. You get your beaches invaded by Germans, Danes, Brits, etc.
4. The rest of your country is already invaded by Moroccans.
5. Everybody else makes crap paella and claims it's the real thing.
6. Honesty.
7. Only sure way of bedding a woman is to dress up in stupid, tight clothes and risk your life in front of bulls.
8. You get to eat bull's testicles.
9. Gibraltar.
10. Supported Argentina in Falklands War.

Ushgarak
You know, these lists are getting a taddette ironic now, aren't they?

My dream of harmonious living of all peoples is in ruins...

queeq
It is and always will be a dream, Ush. In this world anyway.

Raz
In reply to EU stuff.
KJ, where did you hear you are not allowed to wave your national flag??? I think thats just a rumor, for the fact that all EU countries flags are put up on EU conferences.
I've heard the one about the bananas, but I guess thats just to stop yuppies from trading spoilt bananas.

RC, AFAIK, and according to a programme on the BBC, the UK had decided to convert to Metrics before the EU was formed, I think it was sometime in the 70's.

finti, the EU was not formed so we can trade better with Japan and the US, it was for the Europeans to trade more with each other, as there would be a "common market". So what actually would happen is that Europe would less with the US and non-EU countries, which is why the US is "against" the EU.

Ratcat
I thought the metric thing was one of the terms and conditions of EEC (As was) membershipo, though the banning of imperial only came later.

I'm gonna check that one out with dear old mommy, cos even I was too young to remember that one. laughing out loud

Raz
Heres what I've found out about the UK and the metric on the Web.

Heres why we have to use a standard measuring system, established nearly 800 years ago!

This has been another "Raz's Facts" laughing out loud

Gundark
The great and powerful Raz has spoken. rolling on floor laughing

Dim
You guys can keep your fancy smancy metric system...I like using measurements that make no sense...big grin

keokiswahine
Yes, queeq, tell me more, 11-20, for the Dutch, please. smile

finti
Raz I never mentioned anything about trading with Japan etc. I just mentioned why we Norwegian stay out!!!

King Jedi
Ushgarak- Thanks for the welcome.smile

The French list is the best.

Raz I heard a woman complaining about that flag rule on T.V. An English newspaper got hold of a leaked document from the EU where they were proposing banning all international flags apart from at sporting events. Instead they were saying they were going to introduce the EU flag.

You know who's fault this all is? The bloody Swiss! They sit there in there little country and appear neutral but they probably have more control than most EU countries and I don't even think they are in the EU.(is that right). It's the Swiss bankers. There all evil.smile

I think most countries have been forced into some EU decisions. If a country like the U.K doesn't want to be in the Euro then they should be allowed to without the French saying that it's going to break up the EU. The Scandanavian countries have there own fishing policies. They work together on that and the rest don't get involved and it should be the same with the single currency. If countries want to share a currency then let them. But it doesn't have to be everyone.

The thing I really don't like about the EU is we normal people have absolutley no say in anything. In most countries if you don't like the goverment then you can vote them out but you can't do that with the EU because of the courts. There are lots of bodies ie.European Commission in the EU that nobody voted for but they make rules which effect everyone.

But don't worry. Aliens will land soon and we will all forget about this.smile

Gundark
Sounds like you've stumbled upon an x-file, there, KJ ! laughing out loud

finti
KJ what do you mean by scandinavian countries have their own fishing policy? There is only one Scandinavian country that is a EU member and that is Sweden. Norway is outside EU and Denmark IS NOT Scandinavia, they are considered a Nordic country. Scandinavia is the Scandinavian penninsula which is made up by Sweden and Norway. I know they consider Denmark as a Scandinavian country, but it aint. It would be like calling the Irish part of UK.

King Jedi
That's my point. Sweden is allowed to have there own fishing policies with the other Scandanavian and North Sea countries even if there not in the EU. No other EU countries get involved even though it effects them and that's fine. Every country in the EU should be allowed to choose which policies they want to adopt.They shouldn't be forced into things.

I always thought Finland was considered Scandanavia.

finti
The Finns are slavic at least their language is, and Norwegian nor the Swedes understand didely squat about what they say. We understand Danish though. Scandinavia is made up of Norway and Sweden (scandinavian peninsula) The Nordic countries are Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway.
Norway and Sweden have traded for centuries if not a millenia, and suddenly EU comes and direct the trade. The Swedes said fu.. it we are closer related to Norway than Spain and Portugal so they forced some issues through, with the aid of Finland, Denmark, Holland and UK.

queeq
Well, EU still sucks! And in my crusade against this "European Union" crap, here's my last top 10.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING ITALIAN :

1. In-depth knowledge of bizarre pasta shapes.
2. Unembarrassed to wear fur.
3. No need to worry about tax returns.
4. Glorious military history prior to 400BC.
5. Can wear sunglasses indoors.
6. Political stability.
7. Flexible working hours.
8. Live near the Pope.
9. Can spend hours braiding girlfriend's armpit hair.
10. Country run by Sicilian murderers.

Ratcat
I like, funny...laughing out loud

queeq
And due to popular demand, I'll finish it off with the all time classic:

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING DUTCH

1. You can get arrested for growing plants, but not for smoking them.
2. You can make jokes about the Belgians and still drink their beer.
3. a.) You can legally kill yourself.
b.) You can legally be killed
4. You're exactly like the Germans, except that nobody hates you.
5. You think you are a world power, but everyone else thinks Copenhagen is your capital...
6. You get to insult people and defend yourself by saying it's a national tradition.
7. You can put your finger in a dyke and it will save your country
8. You live in the most densely populated country in Europe, and still you've never seen your neighbours.
9. If the economy is bad, blame the Germans. If a war is started, blame the Germans. If you lose your keys, blame the Germans.
10. Bikes are public property. Locks are a challenge.

If you have any questions, I'll gladly clarify them. smile

Ratcat
Why?!?!?

Dim
Explain number 8...and how many dy..oh never mind.

keokiswahine
queeq, I still want to see your 11-20 for the Dutch, since you won't translate your manuscripts to English for me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Sorry, keo. No time. And I don't think there are any 11-20. I was surprised there were 10! laughing out loud

Dim
Well, you could atleast answer my question.

Ratcat
Just goes to prove how inhospitable to Dutch are. Guess I could learn a thing or two!!!!laughing out loud

queeq
Well, yes. That's basically it. We DO live in the most densely populated country in the world and in general we tend to stick to ourselves, pretty much. We have tiny little gardens and we put up fences to keep prying eyes away. So yes, in general we do not know our neighbours. Not me of course, I have a great relationship with my neighbours, with most of the neighbourhood really.

Gundark
The number one (and most important) reason for the US is

GEORGE LIVES WITH US. evil face

Dim
Yes you're right dear..*smiles sweetly at Gundark as she starts passing around the collection plate for Gundy's therapy* laughing out loud

Gundark
Is that for "Iseekhelpformyaddiction.com" recommended to me awhile back by UBH ? laughing out loud laughing out loud

finti
Gundark, George W Bush?

queeq
AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNND his daddy. laughing out loud

Dim
Noooooooo...Lucas! people...PAY ATTENTION! laughing out loud

queeq
You have so many nice Georges to be proud of. laughing out loud

Dim
Yeah..only one really laughing out loud

King Jedi
George Clooney?, George of the Jungle?

queeq
laughing out loud

Ratcat
George Bush, George W Bush...... laughing out loud

queeq
We already had those...

Ratcat
George from Of Mice and Men???

queeq
And Lennie.

Ratcat
Ok George, can I keep him George? Can I, can I?

OK, 100 posts, time for someone to do that Mod thang!

queeq
Kill the nationalities, kill the EU. Do it, baby!

Ratcat
Um, queeq, enough with the global domination!

queeq
Oh please, I was just getting started. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Yeah, but just remember what happened last time.

Ushgarak
I'll just make another plea here for global harmony....

You guys have got me sounding all hippie-like, now.

Ratcat
Boomshanka!

queeq
Wow, peace dude.

Hey, I'm all for global harmony. But not dominated by money grabbing society-detached politicians, thank you very much.

Ratcat
What about the money grabbing society-detached voters?

queeq
They were inspired.

Raz
Ok, guys we've hit the 100 limit, you can continue this in another thread (if you wish).

Let me have the last word and say. The EU will rule! And become more powerful than the US! Muhahahaha!.....just kidding laughing out loud

ash007
yeah raz buddy you are probley right smile

crazy_c
wow that was 3 years ago no expression

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud Thats too true!!!

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
Top 10 reasons for being irish.....
1. Guinness

2. 18 children because you can't use contraceptives

3. You can get into a fight just by marching down someone's road

4. Pubs never close

5. Can use Papal edicts on contraception passed in the second Vatican Council of 1968 to persuade your girlfriend that you can't have sex with a condom on.

6. No one can ever remember the night before

7. Kill people you don't agree with

8. Stew

9. More Guinness

10. Eating stew and drinking Guinness in an Irish pub at 3 in the morning after a bout of sectarian violence

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
Another American

Top Ten Reasons For Being American

1. You can have a woman president without electing her

2. You can spell colour wrong and get away with it

3. You can call Budweiser beer

4. You can be a crook and still be president

5. If you've got enough money you can get elected to do anything

6. If you can breathe you can get a gun

7. You can invent a new public holiday every year

8. You can play golf in the most hideous clothes ever made and nobody seems to care

9. You get to call everyone you've never met "buddy"

10. You can think you're the greatest nation on earth when you're not at all

sauron
reason for being american??

well the top one would have to be having bush for president...no no-one dares to even look at you wrong....

SK88728
i'm american, he is a moron, you look at him with a smile and he thinks they want to kill every american, so noone wants to look at him funny, he is a crazy son of a b!tch. and his dad is more or less telling him what to do.

JacopeX
HAHAHAHA

This had to be bumped! smile

debbiejo
Oh goody,

Okay, I'm 1/2 Italian, part Cherokee, and German.

big grin

Oh, we're suppose to say 10 things... embarrasment

*thinks*

Robtard
Originally posted by debbiejo
Oh goody,

Okay, I'm 1/2 Italian, part Cherokee, and German.

big grin

Let me guess, your grandfather rode with Custer; killed an Indian or ten, now you claim to be "part Cherokee" because it's deemed "noble". Ass.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Robtard
Let me guess, your grandfather rode with Custer; killed an Indian or ten, now you claim to be "part Cherokee" because it's deemed "noble". Ass. My Great Grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
Originally posted by debbiejo
My Great Grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

So what, your toe is red-skinned, "bif deal".

debbiejo
Well this is a nationality thread. Get over it, pale face!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dim
Okay, some of those I just didn't get laughing out loud

Next up!..THE BRITISH!!!! rolling on floor laughing Don't EVEN get me started. wink

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by queeq
As you wish mylord. I included the Scottish as well.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING ENGLISH :

1. Two World Wars and One World Cup.
2. Warm beer.
3. You get to confuse everyone with the rules of cricket.
4. You get to accept defeat graciously in major sporting events.
5. Union jack underpants.
6. Water shortages guaranteed every single summer.
7. You can live in the past and imagine you are still a world power.
8. Bathing once a week - whether you need to or not.
9. Ditto changing underwear.
10. Beats being Welsh.

TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING SCOTTISH :

1. You ain't English!
2. You ain't English!
3. You ain't English!
4. You ain't English!
5. You ain't English!
6. You ain't English!
7. You ain't English!
8. You ain't English!
9. You ain't English!
10. You ain't English!

I like the english reasons!jm smile

Rogue Jedi
English people....meh....

chillmeistergen
Oi! Ever been here?

Alliance
Why was this bumped?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Oi! Ever been here? not yet, but I will very soon, possibly by years end.

yvonnekarate
Originally posted by finti
Making my own
Top ten reasons for being Norwegian.

1. We are on top of Europe Well, yes, true
2. We are not member of EU Couldn't agree more.
3. We hunt wolfs, because the sheep farmers dont tend their herd while out in the nature, they claim that the wolf eating their sheep cost so much money. So now they finance a wolf hunt which is 10 times as expensive. Go wolfs.I oppose wolf hunting, so I guess I have to disagree with you.
4. We make conflict wherever Norwegian negotiating for peace( Israel, Indonesia) and now we gonna run KFOR in the former Yugoslavia, so dont be surprised if all hell breaks loose down there.Hear, hear.
5. We are not Swedes(thank god) Yes, thank God.
6. We dont care what the rest of the world think of us, we do the opposite of the world opinion.And I'm glad!
7. We gladly pay the UN operations, regardless what other countries owe the UN, in fact UN owes Norway some billion dollars. Who cares we are so rich that people must sleep in the hospitals hallways because there are no room for them. Why take care of ourselves when we can take care of third world countries.We can do both, so I'm proud to say we give much of our money away to those who actually don't have a hospital at all!
8. Norway hunts whales just to get Paul Watson up here to kick his assWhich makes me ashamed really.
9. We are propably one of the most expensive countries in the world.True, but not if we compare our wages up against other countries.
10.We have mountains (queeq) Quueq? Even I as a Norwegian have no idea what you mean.(..)

I might make my own top 10 list one of these days.(..)

Regards, Yvonne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.