Superman pre-crisis vs Superboy prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
All out battle anywhere, both determined to take the other down.

cdtm
Post crisis already beat SBP.

lawest9
Was that under ordinary circumstances, and was that pre-crisis or current supes with the aid of a red sun

cdtm
They both went through a red sun, but only because Superman forced them through one (With help from Earth 2 Superman.) It was all his tactics, and SBP couldn't do anything about it.

But as far as the thread, PC Superman should win.

lawest9
I still don't remember that being earth 1 Superman, but I do remember earth 2 Superman being involved in that battle and dying.

lawest9
I remember that the last major crossover that earth 1 PC supes was in was the 1st COIE event which merged the DCU and saw prime, E2 supes and his wife Lois going off together in limbo, the Superman you are referring to the current post crisis Superman.

panthergod
Earth 1 Superman became Post Crisis Superman, and we now know he was split into Post Crisis and nu52 Supermen, respectively. He SHOULD be restored now, but we;ll see if they'll back it explicit. feat wise he's at least Bronze Age level now, and the difference between he and SBP could be attributed to the Post Crisis/Nu 52 split, or perhaps the fact that Nu52's life essence went to Kenan Kong, or maybe the original Sand Superman Saga weakening Superman down from Silver Age levels(which was the basis of the Kenan Kong/New Superman storyline).

lawest9
I do remember someone saying in story that post Crisis Superman was not really pre crisis Superman, there is slight differences in their personalities, for example pre c supes was dogged determined that he would never willfully kill regardless of the circumstances and even deported himself when he killed my in the last superman story ( although some theoririze that was an elseworld story ) post c we know WILL take a life if necessary.

panthergod
Originally posted by lawest9
I do remember someone saying in story that post Crisis Superman was not really pre crisis Superman, there is slight differences in their personalities, for example pre c supes was dogged determined that he would never willfully kill regardless of the circumstances and even deported himself when he killed my in the last superman story ( although some theoririze that was an elseworld story ) post c we know WILL take a life if necessary.

Byrne Superman was self loathing and psychologically crippled post Crisis. Hopefully they'll address this as they alluded to it ion the Mayfair Role Playing game and that sentiment was made explcilt in the difference between Earth2 and Post Crisis Superman during Blackest Night by Robinson-- Post Crisis Superman was less confident and afraid of losing control of his powers, hence hi suppressing them due to being raised as a normal human being, compared to Earth 2 and Pre Crisis versions.

lawest9
Which beggars the question.......just how powerful is post crisis Clark in comparison to earth's 1 and 2 supes without the mental inhibitors?

spetznaz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.