DOJ Launches Investigation into Spying in 2016 Election

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Link

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Link

rock About damn time.

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Link

I wonder if this story played any role:

Steele's stunning pre-FISA confession: Informant needed to air Trump dirt before election

BrolyBlack
Attorney General William Barr is working closely with the CIA to review the origins of the Russia investigation and surveillance issues surrounding Donald Trump's presidential campaign, according to a source familiar with the matter, broadening an effort that the President has long demanded to involve all major national security agencies.

Barr is working in close collaboration with CIA Director Gina Haspel, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and FBI Director Chris Wray, the source said.
President Donald Trump often called for the Justice Department and others to review how the FBI began investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
There had been speculation as to why Haspel had been spotted at the Justice Department in recent weeks.
As CNN reported, US attorney John Durham in Connecticut is heading up the effort with Barr. The source said Durham and Barr are doing a 360 degree review.
At a hearing last month, Barr said, "I think spying did occur" on the Trump campaign. "I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal."
He later defended the term, saying at a separate hearing that he used it because "it is the broadest word incorporating really all forms of covert intelligence collection."
He went on to say: "Many people seem to assume that the only intelligence collection that occurred was a single confidential informant and a FISA warrant. I'd like to find out whether that is, in fact, true. It strikes me as a fairly anemic effort if that was the counterintelligence effort designed to stop the threat as it's being represented."
US Attorney John Huber in Utah is no longer involved on Russia issues. Huber had originally been tasked with looking at allegations of surveillance abuse by Attorney General Jeff Sessions but was in a holding pattern as the Inspector General completes his review of the situation surrounding the Carter Page surveillance warrant.
Huber's review of other issues related to Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation is nearing completion, the source said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/14/politics/russia-investigation-origin-barr-haspel-coats-wray/index.html

Robtard
Trumpco molding the narrative. Lol.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Robtard
Trumpco molding the narrative. Lol.

crybaby

Looks like Schiff should release his source and information, oh whoops that narrative has run its course.

jaden_2.0
For clarification, what's worse? Spying or whistleblowing about spying?

I need to be clear about the outrage spectrum.

snowdragon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

American Politics is worse, it makes up the entire spectrum of scat. wink

Surtur

It depends on the context.

Robtard

If the whistleblowing happens in the Trump admin, then it's not whistleblowing, it's "Leakers leaking" and these people are "traitors".

dadudemon

I like the question.

Spying, for sure. But context means everything. Not all spying is bad or evil, right?

jaden_2.0
Ok so we'll be more specific.

Is spying on Trump worse than Snowden's whistleblowing?

Surtur
If the whistleblowing happens in the Trump admin, then it's not whistleblowing, it's "Leakers leaking" and these people are "traitors".

What was Snowden to the democrats?

Surtur

Heh posted before I saw this.

I think there is also a difference between leaking some legitimately shady practices and leaking stupid shit just to make a specific person look bad.

And I think if they spied on Trump for political reasons it was on flimsy ground.

dadudemon

Nope.

They are the relatively the same and for similar reasons but there are differences.

Rigging the election and trying to use corrupt means to do so (like Hillary did) by colluding with foreign entities (collusion and perhaps treason) is terrible for a different reason than someone pointing out the legal spying on American people.

We should be clear that the spying on American people is legal. Thank Bush Jr. and Obama for that. thumb up

snowdragon
Originally posted by dadudemon
Nope.

They are the relatively the same and for similar reasons but there are differences.

Rigging the election and trying to use corrupt means to do so (like Hillary did) by colluding with foreign entities (collusion and perhaps treason) is terrible for a different reason than someone pointing out the legal spying on American people.

We should be clear that the spying on American people is legal. Thank Bush Jr. and Obama for that. thumb up

It's Patriotic!

jaden_2.0
Nope.

So if spying on "people* is legal why does spying on "a person" need to be investigated?

Putinbot1
Chairman, Grand Emperor Trump is not a crook, really...

Robtard
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Chairman, Grand Emperor Trump is not a crook, really...

Two words: Hillary. Clinton.

/checkmate

jaden_2.0
Two words: Hillary. Clinton.

/checkmate

I think you'll find that's Killary Clincometent

Robtard
Because she's both a killer and incompetent

Really looking forward to the "lock her up!" mouth frothing being a major thing again in Trump's reelection campaign.

dadudemon
So if spying on "people* is legal why does spying on "a person" need to be investigated?

Simple:

Both are illegal. Just because there is a law on the books (Patriot Act) does not mean it is legal. It is an overt violation of the 4th Amendment and no amount of corruption makes it legal. It was illegal and will always be illegal because it exists directly in defiance of our inalienable rights codified in the US Constitution. thumb up

Also, your question is more honestly represented when framed as follows:

So if spying on "people" is illegal why is rigging the election and trying to use corrupt means to do so (like Hillary did) by colluding with foreign entities (collusion and perhaps treason) and spying on "a person" also illegal?

BackFire
I find it ironic that listening to someone's phone conversation gets a big investigation, but being a peeping tom like myself just gets you a slap on the wrist.

jaden_2.0
Simple:

Both are illegal. Just because there is a law on the books (Patriot Act) does not mean it is legal. It is an overt violation of the 4th Amendment and no amount of corruption makes it legal. It was illegal and will always be illegal because it exists directly in defiance of our inalienable rights codified in the US Constitution. thumb up

Also, your question is more honestly represented when framed as follows:

So if spying on "people" is illegal why is rigging the election and trying to use corrupt means to do so (like Hillary did) by colluding with foreign entities (collusion and perhaps treason) and spying on "a person" also illegal?

So it's both legal and illegal.

Marvelous. Glad we cleared that up.

BackFire
It's legal for most poeple, but because Trump is a poopy pants it makes it illegal.

Flyattractor
And BF is an expert on having Pants full of Poopy.

BackFire
Welcome back, Fly.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
It's legal for most poeple, but because Trump is a poopy pants it makes it illegal.

The funny/sad thing is this is true lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.