Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Nice little teaser...

niEXsUjf4n8

BruceSkywalker
in the immortal words of Mr. Spock "Fascinating"

Surtur
Haaaaaaaaaaaa no. First movie was lame.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Surtur
Haaaaaaaaaaaa no. First movie was lame.

Didn't even get a giant dragon

Surtur
I'll be honest I find most live action disney movies to be awful. I'm scarred for life from seeing Gaston sing that tavern song live action. Just...

https://i.imgur.com/EgrhcsW.jpg

NemeBro
Jungle Book was pretty good, Beauty and the Beast was very mediocre, Maleficent was bad.

So don't give a shit about this either.

steverules_2
I prefer the animated movie

Surtur
Disney does great animated movies. And I don't know if they still do it, but the stingy f*cks used to only sell copies of the movies at certain times.

steverules_2
The fact they're doing live animated CGI remakes is proof that Disney have run out of idea's

Surtur
And they're squeezing every last drop out of Star Wars they can.

Slowpoke
The first movie was a big disappointment, it simply made a 180 degree turn on the heroes and villains, instead of adding depth to them.

Flyattractor
Disney can't do "Depth" See the marvel franchise for proof.

Patient_Leech
Ya'll be hatin'

I remember enjoying the first one on some level. Although I think I did try to watch it again a year or so later and it wasn't as interesting.

But anyway, I thought Jolie was fun to watch in the role. And "Mistress of Evil." That's a great name. thumb up

Flyattractor
I accidentlay rented Mal ... Tried to watch it but got bored and just tried to fast forward to the good bits....I didn't find any.....

steverules_2
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I accidentlay rented Mal ... Tried to watch it but got bored and just tried to fast forward to the good bits....I didn't find any.....

I bet they changed the story cause feminists said Prince Charming kissed Princess Aurora without her permission

Flyattractor
You know it.

John Murdoch
I'm with Leech on this one: I enjoyed the first. More power to you if you didn't of course, but the "Maleficent got done wrong, but now lets focus on softening her back up with a mother-to-daughter care and love relationship with Aurora" angle was a good way to handle the plot.

As far as I remember, it was the first of these live-action remakes of Disney's, no? I own it on Blu-ray (mainly for the kiddos now), and I'll prolly take my daughter to go see it.

- Maleficent: B. Jolie did a great job, Elle Fanning did well in her role as Aurora, and the effects were on point. A few gorgeous shots here-and-there.

- Cinderella: Didn't see it, heard it was pretty good. Kenneth Branagh directed so it can't be that bad.

- The Jungle Book: A, if not an A+. Far superior to the original animated Disney classic IMO. INCREDIBLE special effects and visuals, the actor for Mowgli did great considering he was having to emote through a blue/green screen jungle gym, and Bill Murray as Baloo was too good to be true.

- Beauty and the Beast: C, maybe C-. Bill Condon and the crew recreated the world of Belle's France with some beauty (costumes especially), but no soul. And even at that, Gaston's pub looked lackluster and the backgrounds looked way too fake. It's serviceable, but should have been the gold standard for the live-action stuff just as BatB 1991 is for Disney's animation.

- Pete's Dragon: Haven't seen it, but the kids like it quite a bit smile.

- Dumbo: Can't be anything but solid. Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, and Danny DeVito re-uniting for the first time since Batman Returns should've been a high mark for this year in cinema, but the Captain Marvel-Endgame one-two combo hurt it (and Shazam!) IMO.

We'll see about Maleficent 2, Aladdin, and The Lion King.

Eon Blue
I enjoyed the film and Mal is my favorite classic Disney villain, aside from Frollo. It was an interesting retelling of a classic tale.

Patient_Leech
I watched this the other day. Although it took 3 attempts because I kept falling asleep, heh.

It struck me as a little wackier and more whimsical than the first, but I guess that's to be expected. I suppose it's about as entertaining as the first one. Definitely a visual spectacle.

riv6672

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I watched this the other day. Although it took 3 attempts because I kept falling asleep, heh.

It struck me as a little wackier and more whimsical than the first, but I guess that's to be expected. I suppose it's about as entertaining as the first one. Definitely a visual spectacle.

Wife took my daughter to see it back in October, so I bet a home video purchase and viewing are in my future, Leech. My daughter asked about a dozen times after they left the theater if Maleficent 2 was on DVD yet smile.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Wife took my daughter to see it back in October, so I bet a home video purchase and viewing are in my future, Leech. My daughter asked about a dozen times after they left the theater if Maleficent 2 was on DVD yet smile.

It could probably be a lot worse. Reminded me a little of the How To Train Your Dragon sequels, which I also sort of enjoyed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.