Jedi Apprentice series or Master and Apprentice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Which do you prefer?

victreebelvictr
It is close though. :3

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
It is close though. :3

You're very determined arent you? smile

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
You're very determined arent you? smile Always. :3

Mendax
Anyone read the new master/apprentice book? any good?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mendax
Anyone read the new master/apprentice book? any good? The new Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan novel, you mean?

I'm in the process of reading it now. So far it has been lackluster.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Galan007
The new Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan novel, you mean?

I'm in the process of reading it now. So far it has been lackluster.

Hasn't all the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan stuff been covered already for the last two decades?

What else is there to know about??

EDIT: Ah - it's a new Disney novel.

Again, Disney didn't do their research and realize there's a whole series of books that were already written covering Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's adventures..

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Which do you prefer?

Jedi Apprentice series is far better and more Canon than the cheap-imitation that is Master And Apprentice.

Darth Abonis
I didn't think the story was terrible, I just felt that Gray didn't capture Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's characterization properly. Qui-Gon was a hardass who didn't follow rules or care about stuff. MAA made him into a prophecy obsessed weirdo. Obi-Wan was portrayed as almost autistic in the book and many times I found his dialogue very irritable.

Unfortunately, these books have their own kind of "planned obsolescence". They are Disney-designed to just serve as background noise and don't hold up for the next generation. They are written purely to promote the Star Wars zeitgeist at the time. Also nothing in these novels matters to the story in the long run.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.