King Kong (2005 film) vs Black Panther (MCU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
The large Gorilla King Kong is full of rage charging at the hero Black Panther and trying to tear him apart.

Battle Location: Skull Island Jungles.

robotflug
How would Kong fair against Black Panther.

juggerman
Either Kong sits on him and eventually BP suffocates, or BP jumps down Kong's throat and discharges his suit ftw

ShadowFyre
I see zero way for Panther to even hurt Kong aside from "jumping down his throat" which woukd probably kill him as well

juggerman
That discharge of energy would cause internal damage. Plus he has vibranium claws to disembowel Kong from the inside

ShadowFyre
Lol. Claws that are an inch long compared to the Vastosaurus Rex cho.ping down on him with almost no damage isnt even comparable

But yes, going inside him would cause crazy damage. But what do you see more likely? Kong pounding him into oblivion, or Kong holding his mouth open and letting panther crawl inside.

Go find a pitbull and try to force your hand down his throat, let me know how that works out for you if you can still type. Now add about 40 tons to that pitbull and ypu will see what Im getting at.

That shit aint happening unless Kong is comatose.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by juggerman
Either Kong sits on him and eventually BP suffocates, or BP jumps down Kong's throat and discharges his suit ftw

Yea and how is he getting down his throat, or even up to it? As we saw from End Game, Ant Man stepped on one of Thanos toughest guys and squashed him like a bug and Kong is bigger than Ant Man.

ShadowFyre
I think this is 2005 Kong so not sure if he actually bigger but he is definitely to big for a human sized being and this Kong is super impressive in battle. I would actually say he is quite skilled.

How big was giant man? I think i remember 60 feet.

Have you ever tried feeding a baby or toddler that didnt wanna eat? That dhit aint happening.

TheVaultDweller
Scott was 60 feet in Civil War and around 85 feet in Ant-Man and the Wasp. But he was notably bigger in Endgame, based on screenshots like this:

https://i.imgur.com/oMuUT2K.jpg

I mean he was big enough that he could hold Hulk, War Machine and Rocket in the palm of his hand.

KingD19
Kong backhands Panther harder than the war rhino gored him.

juggerman
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Lol. Claws that are an inch long compared to the Vastosaurus Rex cho.ping down on him with almost no damage isnt even comparable

But yes, going inside him would cause crazy damage. But what do you see more likely? Kong pounding him into oblivion, or Kong holding his mouth open and letting panther crawl inside.

Go find a pitbull and try to force your hand down his throat, let me know how that works out for you if you can still type. Now add about 40 tons to that pitbull and ypu will see what Im getting at.

That shit aint happening unless Kong is comatose.

Well I never argued BP would win a majority. Just that the throat thing was just about the only way I could see him winning. As I said earlier, Kong could just sit on him

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Yea and how is he getting down his throat, or even up to it? As we saw from End Game, Ant Man stepped on one of Thanos toughest guys and squashed him like a bug and Kong is bigger than Ant Man.

I think this is 2005 Kong so not sure if he actually bigger but he is definitely to big for a human sized being and this Kong is super impressive in battle. I would actually say he is quite skilled.

How big was giant man? I think i remember 60 feet.

Have you ever tried feeding a baby or toddler that didnt wanna eat? That dhit aint happening.

You guys never had a bug fly into your mouth while you were running or something like that? Or up your nose? I wasn't suggesting BP pried open Kong's jaws and forced his way in

BrolyBlack
A fly can fly, how can BP fly up and jump in?

juggerman
A fly can fly, how can BP fly up and jump in?

BP can climb and jump very high. He's also very agile and could potentially avoid getting swatted off by Kong. Then when he gets up to the head, he could enter Kong's skull via any available orifice. Maybe claw eyes out or set off the energy in Kong's ear.

Now let me be clear. I'm not giving BP the win here. I'm just pointing out a potential course of action. Yes I realize it's an uphill battle, yes I realize it's unlikely, yes I realize Kong wouldn't just be holding still and allowing it to take place ect. All I'm trying to say is it is a possible (maybe the only) way BP can win this

I guess he could crawl up Kong's butt too eek!

BrolyBlack

juggerman
You feel a bee sting?

BrolyBlack
How long do you want to continue this over nothing? Kong’s hide is way thicker than humans.

juggerman
Saying he won't feel claws in his eyes or the kinetic explosion in his ear is just silly. But you can continue if you want

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Scott was 60 feet in Civil War and around 85 feet in Ant-Man and the Wasp. But he was notably bigger in Endgame, based on screenshots like this:

https://i.imgur.com/oMuUT2K.jpg

I mean he was big enough that he could hold Hulk, War Machine and Rocket in the palm of his hand.

King was 104 feet in his latest movie. He will grow to be taller than Godzilla.

juggerman
Correct. But BP could also climb up Kong and attack where Kong can't get him. Especially since as you stated Kong "won't even feel him". That would make it much easier for BP to climb unnoticed. Like when your looking for that spider only to realise that it has crawled up your leg

juggerman

OP stated 2005 film, not Skull Island

juggerman
Just looked back at a clip of King Kong and I was remembering Kong to be much larger than he was. I don't see BP climbing in his anything now.

BrolyBlack
smile

juggerman
Now BP has more of a chance

BrolyBlack
Confused are you reversing this statement?Originally posted by juggerman
Just looked back at a clip of King Kong and I was remembering Kong to be much larger than he was. I don't see BP climbing in his anything now.

juggerman
Both statements stand. I don't see him climbing in Kong's body which was my original stance since I was thinking he was closer to his Skull Island counterpart. Now that I realise this Kong is actually much smaller, I think BP's chances of winning are better.

BrolyBlack
He has no chance of winning though, you need to re watch Long fight scenes. He's a monster of incredible proportions that has the speed and agility that are insane.

Please re watch his fights. BP is an ant to him.

juggerman
Watching now

Darth Thor
BP put down Cull Obsidian in one punch.

So I also think he has a better chance than people are giving him credit for. Especially in his energy absorbing suit.

And Even he cant, he can easily shoot Kong down in his Royal Talon Flyer.

BrolyBlack
Lol no, Kong fought two fully grown trex's with one arm, while carrying Ann in the other arm.

juggerman
Just rewatched the fight with the 3 dinos. Kong is ridiculously quick, agile and smart for a damn gorilla. The issue I see for him is that BP is much quicker and much more agile. Plus he has Captain America level strength, an "unbreakable" suit, and the ability to absorb energy and dispel it in shockwaves. I can certainly see BP using his super soldier strength to ram sharp vibranium claws into Kong's eye and releasing a blast at point blank.

juggerman
Lol no, Kong fought two fully grown trex's with one arm, while carrying Ann in the other arm.

3. And they were all his size and brutes.

Darth Thor

Are two TRexs stronger than Cull?

TheVaultDweller

Going by scaling off the environment, Scott himself is somewhere between 100-120 feet in Endgame. So, actually a similar size to Kong in his 2017 film.

Anyway, you're thinking of the wrong Kong. This is the Jackson version, which was like 25 feet, IIRC.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by juggerman
Just rewatched the fight with the 3 dinos. Kong is ridiculously quick, agile and smart for a damn gorilla. The issue I see for him is that BP is much quicker and much more agile. Plus he has Captain America level strength, an "unbreakable" suit, and the ability to absorb energy and dispel it in shockwaves. I can certainly see BP using his super soldier strength to ram sharp vibranium claws into Kong's eye and releasing a blast at point blank.

And what will he do if Kong grabs him and smashes his head?

TheVaultDweller
I would like to know what actually constitutes a win here. If it's just incapacitate for a bit, Kong has a much better chance than if it's to the death. Because while the BP suit is very good at protecting the wearer from taking actual damage, exceptionally hard hits can still leave the wearer briefly stunned, like when T'Challa got rammed by the war rhino, which could technically count as a forum KO. It's even been shown that Thanos level strength can flat-out KO him inside his suit, energy absorbing and all, as shown at the end of IW. Though Kong is obviously not Thanos.

Darth Thor
^ Well That War Rhino presumably had a Vibranium horn. And yeah Thanos is Thanos.

KingD19
A vibranium horn wouldn't give it the ability to send him flying for hundreds of feet by ramming into him.

TheVaultDweller
Vibranium or no, it was a very impressive hit:

https://giant.gfycat.com/DifficultBareDipper.webm

Which also shows you how impressive T'Challa's own strength is, considering he later takes one down when he isn't caught off guard:

https://giant.gfycat.com/SomeImpracticalDodo.webm

And his claws are crazy sharp:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6296945-1484499162-giphy.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6296946-6315813220-giphy.gif

And there's probably a limit to how many foot-long gashes Kong will be able to ignore.

So, it's definitely not a cut and dried win for this version of Kong.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by KingD19
A vibranium horn wouldn't give it the ability to send him flying for hundreds of feet by ramming into him.

The vibranium horn would make him more vulnerable to the attack. And possibly limit the suits ability to absorb the attack.

ShadowFyre
Yall need to rewatch the Kong fight.

Kong is more skilled amd and faster than Black Panther.

Yes. More skilled and faster.

Stigma
Kong smash FTW.

juggerman
And what will he do if Kong grabs him and smashes his head? "If"

And BP took a shot from Thanos and we see him up and fine moments later. Kong aint oneshotting T'Challa

FrothByte
BP should repeatedly punch himself, building up stores energy while at the same time dodging any hits from Kong. Once he has enough energy stored up, he can climb Kong then punch him in the eye with his stored energy. Or maybe a slash to the throat.

Rinse and repeat till Kong dies. Of course, a single hit from Kong can probably kill BP, vibranium suit or no.

KingD19
Kong has fast enough reflexes to toss a smaller person than BP dozens of feet through the air randomly to protect her, fight the V-Rexes for the multiple seconds she's in the air, then easily catch her again while still fighting and dodging the dinos. Flips, jumps, dodge rolls. He's doing all of that while playing catch with a 5'5, 105lbs woman. Lets not act like Kong cant hit Panther at all.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Kong has fast enough reflexes to toss a smaller person than BP dozens of feet through the air randomly to protect her, fight the V-Rexes for the multiple seconds she's in the air, then easily catch her again while still fighting and dodging the dinos. Flips, jumps, dodge rolls. He's doing all of that while playing catch with a 5'5, 105lbs woman. Lets not act like Kong cant hit Panther at all.

To be fair, said woman wasn't actively trying to evade getting hit/caught by Kong and has nowhere near the speed, reflexes or agility stats as BP.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
To be fair, said woman wasn't actively trying to evade getting hit/caught by Kong and has nowhere near the speed, reflexes or agility stats as BP.

True, she wasn't. And I'm well aware that Panther is essentially a Super-Soldier with a really nifty suit and a Rave pulse blast.

But in Civil War we see that he not only was about to get hit by a bus if not for Vision, but was clearly in trouble with Giant Man and had to get bailed out by War-Machine and Spidey. Kong is smaller than Scott, but far faster and more skilled. He's also a complete savage.

UqJqSmjPTiw&t=35s

MSNvXyuuIvg

And Kong is no slouch as I mentioned. He's fighting three gigantic V-Rexes not only without the use of one hand, but having to take extra attention to make sure he keeps that hand(and the chick in it) away from the dino's no matter what. He's insanely skilled for a gigantic ape. To think he won't be able to land at least a few hits on Panther is just ignoring what Kong is capable of and ignoring how Panther fared against giant opponents.

BrolyBlack
Yall need to rewatch the Kong fight.

Kong is more skilled amd and faster than Black Panther.

Yes. More skilled and faster.

Yup, they are letting their feelings get in the way

ShadowFyre
Im sorry, that fight with the v-rexes just seems far and away superior to me than what black panther has done. I actually think Kong is as fast or close to Black Panther in addition to his much larger mass and strength in addition to his animal savagery is just going to make short work of black panther.

I do think that a duo of supersoldiers could probably take down this kong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.