KOTOR Movie In The Works

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucius
Jesus Christ, this is my first new thread in literally almost a decade, but hey KOTOR brought me to these forums and I didn't see an existing thread. I'm not even sure if this subforum is correct.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kateaurthur/new-star-wars-movie-knights-of-the-old-republic

Does this count as a video game movie? I feel like it will be terrible. Of course, who knows, it's Buzzfeed, maybe this all a load of BS. I feel like Disney would do it though. KOTOR is a popular game with name recognition.

Zenwolf

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Strange if this is separate then what are Benioff and Weiss working on?

Was sure theyd be having a crack at KOTOR. Yes, it's separate.

This is being written/developed by Laeta Kalogridis.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by Lucius
Jesus Christ, this is my first new thread in literally almost a decade, but hey KOTOR brought me to these forums and I didn't see an existing thread. I'm not even sure if this subforum is correct.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kateaurthur/new-star-wars-movie-knights-of-the-old-republic

Does this count as a video game movie? I feel like it will be terrible. Of course, who knows, it's Buzzfeed, maybe this all a load of BS. I feel like Disney would do it though. KOTOR is a popular game with name recognition.

Congratulations on your new thread - been a while since I saw you post one.

But yeah, it's going to be sad to see Disney drag KotoR through a ditch filled with shit.

If everyone can boycott Disney Star Wars, we can save KotoR, though.

But if people are okay with Bastilla being a gender-fluid tranny in a wig, and Revan being played by Yadira Guevara-Prip...

LnDjZgie0gM
Yadira Guevara-Prip is the alien chick eating ice-cream who won't shut up. ^

And yeah - Disney will probably cast Mary Wiseman (Tilly the fat redhead) as Carth Onasi.

This is literally going to be KotoR, if we don't boycott Disney - take a good look and decide if that's what you want your money to go into.

CaveDude33211
People with brains are going to be vomiting in the theaters..

ares834
So they are actually going to do it. Unfortunately, it will likely be awful so I'll keep my expectations in check.

Darth Thor
Aw you guys... Give Disney a chance.. I mean they are actually trying something that doesnt have Stormtroopers or Star Destroyers... And actually has Jedi and Sith... At long last.

CaveDude33211
Aw you guys... Give Disney a chance.. I mean they are actually trying something that doesnt have Stormtroopers or Star Destroyers... And actually has Jedi and Sith... At long last.

That means more Reys and Kylo Rens - no thanks.

We all know Disney can't write for shit and has lots of trouble following and understanding the concept of Canon.

It'll just be more liberal SJW-bullshit and plot-holes galore.

KotoR deserves better.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
That means more Reys and Kylo Rens - no thanks.

Well the point of adapting KOTOR is they dont need to stress their brains too much coming up with new characters. The characters and basic plot is already set up for them.

Zenwolf
I was happy with my TCW fix every week. On top of the 6 films of course.

Looking back on TCW it feels too clean for my tastes if that makes sense, apart from a few instances. Not saying I’m expecting gritty stuff from SW. But yeah I forgot to mention the TV shows. But really the bulk was more on the other stuff and that was fine for me.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Lucius
Jesus Christ, this is my first new thread in literally almost a decade Whatabout the one in 2015 about the Paris Climate Talks?

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I can’t get excited for SW movies anymore. It was fine for just 6 and the rest of it being novels/books, comics and games. Yeah...

This one should be turned to into a single, season-long show. That'd give it room to cover most of the game's story and characters and flesh it all out a bit. A movie will feel rushed and underdeveloped, and thus really bad. Like every video-game-turned-movie.

Darth Thor
^ Thats a good point. Could make it a GOT type series if done right.

But thats not what theyre doing. So will probably end up more like Mortal Kombat Hey I actually loved MK1

Bashar Teg
I'm intrigued.

Slowpoke
Why not TotJ first? It's the first installment of the era and Exar Kun was a great villain.

Bashar Teg
hey, anything lacking in deathstars and skywalkers has my attention

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
hey, anything lacking in deathstars and skywalkers has my attention

thumb up

And Stormtroopers and X-Wings... And Rebellions and Empires.

Lets just move on now.

Galan007
A KotOR movie could actually be really good if done right. The basic plot is pretty awesome, tbh.

Lord Lucien
I was too lazy to read the article, but did it mention if this movie is CGI or live action? I really hope they use the same ugly CGI they used for the Clone Wars and Rebels show.

quanchi112
Why the Star Wars fan base is a toxic vile thing. No faith in Disney despite an idea of something exciting. Disgusted with the boo birds.

gold slorg
hey, i'm actually excited for it tbh

kotor plot is perfect for a movie, characters are perfect for a movie, i don't like the plot and characters of new sequel trilogy, but i like the direction, the scenes, the visuals, the acting

if they don't mess up the original storyline, it can be legit awesome

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by gold slorg
hey, i'm actually excited for it tbh

kotor plot is perfect for a movie TV show. It's too long for a movie. It'd be like when they tried to condense Assassin's Creed into a single film. Forgettable and bland. Any game-turned-movie that's loaded with characters and settings, and is set in a fantastical environment, needs proper time to establish and flesh out. A 2-3 hour films just isn't enough, and instead they'd angle it toward lowest common denominator tripe--easy to digest cliches and references to the original trilogy.

It's gonna be a rushed, jumbled mess.

Bashar Teg
might work as a trilogy as it worked for the OT

but yeah Disney will probably cram it all into one film, it will bomb, and they'll just blame the source material/fans/anything but them...wait maybe Im confusing Disney with Warner bros

Lord Lucien
Give it a couple years, Disney will buy them too.

Bashar Teg
hey, maybe we'll get some decent post-2008 DC films out of the deal thumb up

Lord Lucien
hey, maybe they'll stop making so many f*kcing superhero media thumb up I saw some typos in your post, fixed them for you.

Bashar Teg
I just want an acceptable superman film. is that too much to ask? sad

Lord Lucien
I just want an acceptable superman film. is that too much to ask? sad Did your copies of Superman I and II get deleted from the archive memory? Only a Jedi could do something like that...

Stannis!

Bashar Teg
oh right, that time superman tortured and murdered zod after rendering him permanently harmless. totally accurate to the character thumb up

Darth Thor
oh right, that time superman tortured and murdered zod after rendering him permanently harmless. totally accurate to the character thumb up

Lol so true.

MOS Superman was actually really nice to Zod in comparison.

Lord Lucien
It's almost like Superman is just kinda... lame on screen.

Bashar Teg
it doesn't have to stay that way!

Lord Lucien
This is the way it has been for millions of years.

Lucius
Holy shit I actually did. What a dummy I was making a political thread.

Lord Lucien
On this forum of all places... for shame not knowing better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.