Can Superman replicate Helas Mjolnir feat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Same circumstances Hela faced in Ragnarok
*JL Superman

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by carthage
Same circumstances Hela faced in Ragnarok
*JL Superman

I don't see he can. He has no real feat to do so.

Silent Master
No

ShadowFyre
No

BrolyBlack

Silent Master
Sure there is, crushing Mjolnir.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Silent Master
Sure there is, crushing Mjolnir. I think smallville Superman could easily.

juggerman
I was going to say no but now that I'm considering it, does Mjolnir have any feats of not being crushed by powerful beings? All I recall is it not being lifted and being swatted away. And I don't think Hela did anything (besides the crush itself) to assume she is far and away Superman's superior in pure strength.

So while I don't think Superman can crush it, I do think there might be a valid argument for it if someone wanted to make it

Putinbot1
Originally posted by juggerman
I was going to say no but now that I'm considering it, does Mjolnir have any feats of not being crushed by powerful beings? All I recall is it not being lifted and being swatted away. And I don't think Hela did anything (besides the crush itself) to assume she is far and away Superman's superior in pure strength.

So while I don't think Superman can crush it, I do think there might be a valid argument for it if someone wanted to make it I don't want to make the argument, but you're right, as is Broly.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by juggerman

So while I don't think Superman can crush it, I do think there might be a valid argument for it if someone wanted to make it

I ran some calculations. If Mjolnir was made of diamond, it would at least require 65K tons of crushing strength with its fingers.

Now, I think Uru would be way stronger than diamond...So the feat is insane.

Superman has no feat to back him up.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I think smallville Superman could easily.

The OP stated JL movie version, but even if he didn't. TV only characters aren't allowed in this forum.

h1a8
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I ran some calculations. If Mjolnir was made of diamond, it would at least require 65K tons of crushing strength with its fingers.

Diamonds are extremely brittle. An ordinary hammer could shatter one easily.
It would be terrible to make Mjolnir out of diamond.

Therefore, you can't assume the compressive strength of Mjolnir without any feats, especially in regards to a non metal. It could be slightly more than the strongest metal we have (in compressive strength) for all we know.

In all fairness, it is not possible to determine whether Superman can do it or not, unless we use the rule: Materials and characters have a strength of the highest feat they have shown. For instance, if Superman lifing a car is his highest strength showing, then he is no stronger than lifting a car in a forum.
So either Mjolnir is at least a little stronger (in compressive strength) than our toughest metals or we use the highest compressive feat for it.

In using that rule then Superman has strength feats magnitudes above that if crushing Mjolnir.

BrolyBlack
There was nothing ever stated that Mjolnir was indestructible. or even remotley close. Infact, Hela was the only person who ever attempted to break it on screen. So assuming it was indestructbile or something extreamly hard to break with only one showing of it being attempted to break and breaking would be a no limits fallcy. Assuming Hela is the only person in the MCU or DCU that could break it is also a no limits fallacy.

Surtur

You're making assumptions. We go by feats so in order to determine how impressive Helas feat is we need to look at the durability feats for the hammer. Can you think of anything seriously impressive?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Surtur
You're making assumptions. We go by feats so in order to determine how impressive Helas feat is we need to look at the durability feats for the hammer. Can you think of anything seriously impressive?

Do you think that Uru is stronger than Diamond?

I mean, Neutron star energy is required to melt it...

Surtur
Originally posted by h1a8
In all fairness, it is not possible to determine whether Superman can do it or not, unless we use the rule: Materials and characters have a strength of the highest feat they have shown. For instance, if Superman lifing a car is his highest strength showing, then he is no stronger than lifting a car in a forum.

It's perfectly fine to extrapolate based on other feats or even on how easily a specific feat is done. Let us tweak the car example: if a character is shown casually lifting up a car with one hand we can safely assume his strength far exceeds that needed to lift a car.

Surtur

Yes, but that is based on actual feats. You needlessly talked about diamonds instead of mentioning the feats.

h1a8

Lol apparently there are quite a few videos showing hydraulic press shattering diamonds. And like I said, ordinary hammers can shatter diamonds. So it would be a bad idea to make Mjolnir out of diamond.

Here's one
69fr5bNiEfc

Here's another
fkPPkDwH9NA

Lastly, your conclusion is faulty. Melting point and compressive strength aren't always correlated. Second, neutron star heat melting Uru does not imply that a lesser heat cannot.
Stars live for thousands to millions to billions of years. Harnesing the energy of one is like taking advantage of free energy.

h1a8
It's perfectly fine to extrapolate based on other feats or even on how easily a specific feat is done. Let us tweak the car example: if a character is shown casually lifting up a car with one hand we can safely assume his strength far exceeds that needed to lift a car.

Agreed. But we can only assume a reasonable number of times based on how casual it was. For example, Superman could reasonably lift 5-100 cars based off how casual he did it.

I meant to say with extreme effort.

Josh_Alexander
Lol apparently there are quite a few videos showing hydraulic press shattering diamonds. And like I said, ordinary hammers can shatter diamonds. So it would be a bad idea to make Mjolnir out of diamond.

Here's one
69fr5bNiEfc

Here's another
fkPPkDwH9NA

Lastly, your conclusion is faulty. Melting point and compressive strength aren't always correlated. Second, neutron star heat melting Uru does not imply that a lesser heat cannot.
Stars live for thousands to millions to billions of years. Harnesing the energy of one is like taking advantage of free energy.

I only use Diamond because it's one of the Earth's strongest materials. Uru is definitely stronger than anything Earth has to offer.

Well you're right, but in this case we are talking about thousands of kelvins in difference between diamonds and Uru.

And change in states of matter is related to how strong the bond structures are.

h1a8
I only use Diamond because it's one of the Earth's strongest materials. Uru is definitely stronger than anything Earth has to offer.

Well you're right, but in this case we are talking about thousands of kelvins in difference between diamonds and Uru.

And change in states of matter is related to how strong the bond structures are.

It shatters easier than other materials though. It's very hard to scratch though.

Anyway there are materials with extremely high melting points but are very weak to breakage. For example, salt is such a material. So melting point does not always correlate to strength.

And I stated if something is shown to melt something doesn't mean that a lower temperature can not. I gave a plausible reason why a neutron star is used as a forge.

Josh_Alexander
It shatters easier than other materials though. It's very hard to scratch though.

Anyway there are materials with extremely high melting points but are very weak to breakage. For example, salt is such a material. So melting point does not always correlate to strength.

And I stated if something is shown to melt something doesn't mean that a lower temperature can not. I gave a plausible reason why a neutron star is used as a forge.

Yes, I do agree, Uru being melted by a neutron star doesn't really mean that it can't be melted with less heat.

But, human's can make sinthetic diamonds. If melting/working Uru was as easy, then Asgardians would have no need to travel thousands of LYs away to a Neutron Star.

Well, again, I used Diamond's crushing resistance, just because I think Uru would be greater.

h1a8
Yes, I do agree, Uru being melted by a neutron star doesn't really mean that it can't be melted with less heat.

But, human's can make sinthetic diamonds. If melting/working Uru was as easy, then Asgardians would have no need to travel thousands of LYs away to a Neutron Star.

Well, again, I used Diamond's crushing resistance, just because I think Uru would be greater.

Synthetic diamonds cost more than natural diamonds. Why? Because it cost a shit ton to make them. The energy required is tremendous. If one can harness a small star (size of a moon) then wouldn't that be cost effective?

And it only takes a matter of moments to travel light years away when you have the technology to. It's not like driving from New York to LA. So it's no big deal anyway.

I posted videos of hydraulic press shattering diamonds. And stated that ordinary hammers can shatter them. So comparing Mjolnir to a diamond Mjolnir is faulty.

You should compare Mjolnir to another metal. I believe it is reasonable to suggest that Mjolnir is at least a couple times stronger than our strongest metal (without using feats). So we should start there if feats aren't available.

BruceSkywalker
not sure why diamonds are being talked about as they have absolutely nothing to do with anything.. as for the thread.. Kal HAS no feats from MOS or JL to suggest he can crush Mjolnir

Josh_Alexander
Synthetic diamonds cost more than natural diamonds. Why? Because it cost a shit ton to make them. The energy required is tremendous. If one can harness a small star (size of a moon) then wouldn't that be cost effective?

And it only takes a matter of moments to travel light years away when you have the technology to. It's not like driving from New York to LA. So it's no big deal anyway.

I posted videos of hydraulic press shattering diamonds. And stated that ordinary hammers can shatter them. So comparing Mjolnir to a diamond Mjolnir is faulty.

You should compare Mjolnir to another metal. I believe it is reasonable to suggest that Mjolnir is at least a couple times stronger than our strongest metal (without using feats). So we should start there if feats aren't available.

I am using Diamond to compare Compressive Strength only. Other characteristics am elluding.

I wouldn't use another metal. As Uru clearly outmatches by far Earth's strongest metals.

For instance, most metals melt at arround 1000-3000 Kelvin. Uru requiring Star level heat is just absurd.

BrolyBlack
Kal crushes it with ease

Silent Master
Not even close

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Kal crushes it with ease

Contemptuous ease

FrothByte
It's a magical hammer. If JL Superman has the same weakness against magic then he probably breaks his fingers trying to crush it.

Silent Master
What are JL Superman's best crushing strength feats?

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
It's a magical hammer. If JL Superman has the same weakness against magic then he probably breaks his fingers trying to crush it.

Thus far he has shown no magic weakness.

FrothByte
Thus far he has shown no magic weakness.

I know. Was just throwing the idea out there.

Surtur
I will say his magic weakness in comics when he has it doesn't always work like how you described. Usually it is that he has no more resistance to magic than anyone else, so I don't think he'd injure himself trying to crush the hammer.

Damborgson
I'm trying to think of Supermans best strength feats....and drawing a blank.

The man of steel city destruction fight is impressive but doesn't suggest he could break Mjolnir.

Nothing of particular excellence in BvS.

Beating up Steppenwolf in JLA. Also being indisputably the strongest on the league.

Still nothing to me that would suggest he could break Mjolnir by squeezing it.

Then by that same way, I cant think of anything Mjolnir has resisted to suggest it's that hard fo break.

Therefore, I don't actually think theres an answer to this question.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Robtard
Contemptuous ease

thumb up

ShadowFyre
Lol Mjolnir has been the creator and center of multiple city levelling attacks and destruction and been completely unscathed. Its pretty obvious how tough it is to certain things.

Superman has never released any amount of energy doing anything on that level. At least not on a sheer energy output level

BrolyBlack
All Superman would have to do is fly into the ground at speed to produce the same result. We all know you hate Supermanthumb up

Silent Master
All Superman would have to do is fly into the ground at speed to produce the same result. We all know you hate Supermanthumb up

Post clips of him doing so.

BrolyBlack

quanchi112
Not a chance.

Damborgson
Bruh.

You said millions so I'm gonna assume you mean at least 2 million miles per hour.

I look forward to you proving that movie Superman can move at Mach 2606.

BrolyBlack

Damborgson
From what scene is this ?

Josh_Alexander

quanchi112

Josh_Alexander

BrolyBlack
Quan thread derailing also applies to you. Take your butthurt pathetic ass to the Off Topic Circle Jerk.

If you keep trolling every thread I participate in, I will raise a formal complain to Impediment, I think you don't want to get banned.

You have been reported for name calling and trolling. You have been warned.

Josh_Alexander
You have been reported for name calling and trolling. You have been warned.

laughing out loud Go ahead. I asked you to prove your point on an argument pertaining to the thread whilst Quan outright derailed it.

In any case, Quan gets banned, while I can go and create a list of every thread you've derailed this past days.

Cool down

quanchi112
Quan thread derailing also applies to you. Take your butthurt pathetic ass to the Off Topic Circle Jerk.

If you keep trolling every thread I participate in, I will raise a formal complain to Impediment, I think you don't want to get banned. Superman fails. Stick to the topic.

BrolyBlack

Josh_Alexander

BrolyBlack
You never asked me a question. Reported for de railing.

Josh_Alexander
laughing out loud Please bother bringing evidence that JL Superman is LS fast.

@Impediment

Prove that Broly has lied to you. He is trully determined to turn this forum into his personal circus.

BrolyBlack
I lied to Imp? laughing out loud

How did I lie to Imp? I never talked to him you dim witted ninny.

And lol at that being a questionlaughing out loud

That’s called a statement you moron.

Now get back on topic before you get banned for de railing.

Josh_Alexander
I lied to Imp? laughing out loud

How did I lie to Imp? I never talked to him you dim witted ninny.

And lol at that being a questionlaughing out loud

That’s called a statement you moron.

Now get back on topic before you get banned for de railing.

So you lied about reporting me?

Fine, you are forgiven. Now back to topic and bring me evidence that Superman is LS.

Damborgson
This is major drama.

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Quan has been banned before. Your obsession with me continues.

Josh_Alexander
Quan has been banned before.

laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander

BruceSkywalker
eating popcorn while reading thread

riv6672
^^^same.

And (as to the OP question), no he can't.

BrolyBlack
Yea he can

Khazra Reborn
Not a chance.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Damborgson
Bruh.

You said millions so I'm gonna assume you mean at least 2 million miles per hour.

I look forward to you proving that movie Superman can move at Mach 2606. Sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPom6X9FNEA

Go to about 7:20, though the number he got is quite a bit higher. smile

FrothByte
I will say his magic weakness in comics when he has it doesn't always work like how you described. Usually it is that he has no more resistance to magic than anyone else, so I don't think he'd injure himself trying to crush the hammer.

Correct. Magic doesn't weaken him, he just doesn't have enhanced durability against it.

So when he tries to apply his superhuman strength against Mjolnir but doesn't have his superhuman durability in his hand, he'll easily snap/crush his own fingers.

h1a8
Originally posted by FrothByte
Correct. Magic doesn't weaken him, he just doesn't have enhanced durability against it.

So when he tries to apply his superhuman strength against Mjolnir but doesn't have his superhuman durability in his hand, he'll easily snap/crush his own fingers. Incorrect! Superman maintains all of his super-durability against magical imbued attacks, otherwise Shazam (and many others) would have killed him in one blow. It's just he is slightly less resistant against it than a non imbued conventional attack. This slight weakness has no bearing on Superman damaging magical objects or characters (he has koed very durable magical beings without injury to himself).

This is only relevant to the comic version. Why is this even brought up in this thread?

BrolyBlack

ShadowFyre
I am firmly in the no he cant camp but superman does not lose abilities when around magic

BrolyBlack

Silent Master
When did JL Superman lift an Island?

BrolyBlack
Omg shut uplaughing out loud

You really need to get off your Superman hate bro. It eats you up.

Silent Master
That didn't answer the question.

I'll ask again, when did JL Supeman ever lift an Island?

BrolyBlack
Where did I say he did?

Psychotron
What durability feats does MCU Mjolnir have? Blocking a blast from the Destroyer is all I can think of.

Darth Thor
^ Blocking Suturs flames, surviving everything Thor has (like bifrost and Slovakia explosions), but with zero damage. Plus being forged by the force/heat of a neutron Star.

Russos have also hinted Thanos sword is made of the same metal which would make it > Vibramium.

Psychotron
Fair enough.

h1a8
^ Blocking Suturs flames, surviving everything Thor has (like bifrost and Slovakia explosions), but with zero damage. Plus being forged by the force/heat of a neutron Star.

Russos have also hinted Thanos sword is made of the same metal which would make it > Vibramium.

Bifrost was a weak feat (non feat actually).
Slovokia: It appeared to have broken apart mostly, with energy discharge in all directions. The actual pieces of mass didn't protrude outward as such as in a powerful explosion. IM survived it without damage. A non feat.
The heat of a star actually melted it in seconds. Non feat.

Silent Master
h1 is doing his normal trolling.

Darth Thor
That goes beyond regular trolling.

h1a8
That goes beyond regular trolling.

Prove me wrong then. If what I said is BLATANTLY wrong then it should be easy. If it is difficult to do so (takes effort) or impossible then how could it be trolling? If you believe that a regular steel hammer couldn't achieve those feats then prove it.

Silent Master
Sure, we'll do it in a BZ though. loser gets banned for 6 months.

Do you accept?

Darth Thor
Prove me wrong then. If what I said is BLATANTLY wrong then it should be easy. If it is difficult to do so (takes effort) or impossible then how could it be trolling? If you believe that a regular steel hammer couldn't achieve those feats then prove it.

Actually its you whose failed to bust those feats. Your argument isnt even worth addressing.

h1a8
Actually its you whose failed to bust those feats. Your argument isnt even worth addressing.
I didn't fail as I never had to bust them. They were initially unproven claims. Never proven to be significant feats (where a solid steel Mjolnir replica couldn't achieve).

Sure, we'll do it in a BZ though. loser gets banned for 6 months.

Do you accept?

Although I don't gamble on things I can't control.
What are we BZ though? Be specific.

BrolyBlack
This will be interesting

Silent Master
I didn't fail as I never had to bust them. They were initially unproven claims. Never proven to be significant feats (where a solid steel Mjolnir replica couldn't achieve).

Although I don't gamble on things I can't control.
What are we BZ though? Be specific.

All of your statements in the last couple of posts, if I can prove even one wrong you lose. Do you accept?

Darth Thor

Youre just saying random words and havent proven anything.

So solid steel needs to be taken to the Sun to melt? Your claims are just outright ridiculous at this point.

h1a8
Youre just saying random words and havent proven anything.

So solid steel needs to be taken to the Sun to melt? Your claims are just outright ridiculous at this point.

Does Uru need to be taken to a star to be melted?
Why can't it be melted at lower temperatures?

Using a star as a forge is FREE energy for at least thousands of years.
Using energy on Earth (or any planet) is a waste of money and or resources.

The Uru completed melted in a few seconds. That's far faster than any steel (same mass) on Earth to be melted. This means that most likely a lower temperature could melt it (but at a slower rate).

h1a8
All of your statements in the last couple of posts, if I can prove even one wrong you lose. Do you accept?

Be specific.
Restate the statements in your own words.

Darth Thor
Does Uru need to be taken to a star to be melted?
Why can't it be melted at lower temperatures?

Using a star as a forge is FREE energy for at least thousands of years.
Using energy on Earth (or any planet) is a waste of money and or resources.

The Uru completed melted in a few seconds. That's far faster than any steel (same mass) on Earth to be melted. This means that most likely a lower temperature could melt it (but at a slower rate).

You think they had to go to a neutron Star and made a Star Forge for energy efficiency?

Stop coming up with ridiculous theories and presenting them as fact. And stop lowballing everything Thor related.

Its perfectly clear the full heat of a neutron Star is the only way to generate sufficient heat to melt it.

Odin even says in Thor1, that Mjolnir was forged in the heat of a dying star, hence its a fit weapon for a King.

It obviously wasnt the energy efficiency of the heat that made it fit for the King of Asgard.

Like I said arguments on this were not even worth addressing. Your anti-Thor agenda isnt fooling anyone.

Silent Master
Be specific.
Restate the statements in your own words.

These statements

Slovokia: It appeared to have broken apart mostly, with energy discharge in all directions. The actual pieces of mass didn't protrude outward as such as in a powerful explosion. IM survived it without damage. A non feat.

Stigma
Yea he can /thread thumb up

Silent Master
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
No

/Thread.

h1a8

So you refuse to be specific or restate my statements in your own words.

Well that's that.

Silent Master
So you refuse to be specific or restate my statements in your own words.

Well that's that.

The BZ will be about all of the statements in the posts I quoted.

Do you accept?

h1a8
So you admit to trolling.

Silent Master
So you admit to trolling.

How does offering to debate your statements in a unbiased setting = trolling?

h1a8
Because you refuse to restate the statements in your own words. That means you have an ulterior motive and will twist things.

If you have no intention of doing so then simply restate the statements that you want to have a BZ over.

BruceSkywalker
https://i.postimg.cc/nrgtsw0L/tenor.gifnearest hsbc bank

https://i.postimg.cc/nrgtsw0L/tenor.gifnearest hsbc bank

Silent Master
Because you refuse to restate the statements in your own words. That means you have an ulterior motive and will twist things.

If you have no intention of doing so then simply restate the statements that you want to have a BZ over.

I already posted which of your statements I wanted to BZ, Now. do you accept?

h1a8
I already posted which of your statements I wanted to BZ, Now. do you accept?
You didn't.

I asked you to restate the statements that you want to have a BZ over.

Silent Master
These are the statements I want to BZ

h1a8
So again what do you want to BZ?
State the official question.

Silent Master
These are the statements I want to BZ

h1a8
Ok so restate the statements you want to BZ (in your own words).

Silent Master
Ok, the following are non feats. Bi-frost, Slovokia and neutron star. plus a steel replica could replicate all the examples.

Now, I've meet all your conditions. do you accept the BZ?

h1a8
Ok, the following are non feats. Bi-frost, Slovokia and neutron star. plus a steel replica could replicate all the examples.

Now, I've meet all your conditions. do you accept the BZ?

Bifrost is a non feat for Mjolnir (opinion). I steel replica could survive without much or any damage (much is an opinion).

Same with Sokovia (IM survived it just fine without much damage and the land mass more or less broke apart).

Uru melted in the star's heat within a few seconds. How's that a feat? Something melting (not resisting being melted) is a failure not a success.

Silent Master
So, do you accept the BZ?

h1a8
So, do you accept the BZ?

You can't BZ an opinion.

We can possibly BZ something that's not an opinion though.

Silent Master
Sure you can.

Now, do you accept the BZ?

h1a8
Sure you can.

Now, do you accept the BZ?

No you can't.
A good feat to you isn't necessarily a good feat for someone else.
Something not being damaged "much" to you might be damaged "much" to someone else.

Now if I stated that Mjolnir can tank more than 1000 tons of force then that's not an opinion if it can be proven (or supported sufficiently).

Silent Master
That is what the unbiased judges are for.

Do you accept the BZ?

h1a8
That is what the unbiased judges are for.

Do you accept the BZ?

An opinion = biased
Nothing can be proven objectively

It has to be something specific, based on facts.
Superman can lift more than 10 tons, Thor can survive being being shot from a glock, etc

Silent Master
It's a simple yes or no question, do you accept the Battle Zone?

h1a8
You must not understand what I said.

Silent Master
Do you accept the Battle Zone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.