Absorbing Man vs Darkseid's omega beams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Can absorbing man absorb darkseid omega beams based on feats etc?
or does he gets disintegrated

if yes, why

if no, why

UKnowDaTruth

Magnon
Absorbing Man becomes omega beam.

DarkSaint85
No, as Creel has problems with alien energies.

leonidas

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No, as Creel has problems with alien energies.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZKdTDtWy/RCO023-1465011965.jpg

darthgoober
https://i.postimg.cc/ZKdTDtWy/RCO023-1465011965.jpg
That showing doesn't actually indicate that Creel has a problem with Alien energies in general, just that he has problems with her energy. Blackbolt's voice is pretty alien, Creel didn't have any issues with it. Same thing with Odin's energy.

Plus if we apply the standard that people's powers work normally the way we do with Flash's speed steal against Marvel characters even though it's been stated on panel to not work against Zoom since he's not connected to the Speed Force, it would mean that forum rules dictate that Creel won't have an issues with how alien DS's energies are regardless. The magnitude of power in the OE being too much for Creel is a much better argument than the whole idea of DS's energies being "too alien".

Zelax
Creel gets erased.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by darthgoober
That showing doesn't actually indicate that Creel has a problem with Alien energies in general, just that he has problems with her energy. Blackbolt's voice is pretty alien, Creel didn't have any issues with it. Same thing with Odin's energy.

Plus if we apply the standard that people's powers work normally the way we do with Flash's speed steal against Marvel characters even though it's been stated on panel to not work against Zoom since he's not connected to the Speed Force, it would mean that forum rules dictate that Creel won't have an issues with how alien DS's energies are regardless. The magnitude of power in the OE being too much for Creel is a much better argument than the whole idea of DS's energies being "too alien".

He had problems because it was too alien.

Now the thread has an alien from a different comics company, from a different planet, from a different....Section (the 4th World). A sentient concept of evil. The god the Devil prays to.

So yeah, pretty alien. Certainly more alien than BB, who as Dazzler has shown, simply produces sound.

Odin? Alien? You must have forgotten Absorbing Man's origin.

Nonetheless, OPasks of he can or cannot, and our reasons why or why not. I've said why I think he can't, and given a reason. You can nitpick the reason, but as long as we agree he can't, I don't particularly care....

Supermutant
Absorbing Man can definitely be overloaded. IIRC Quasar, Sentry (once), and Dazzler + Blackbolt have all done it. I see Darkseid doing the same.

leonidas
we're like the same person now. thumb up

Supermutant
Originally posted by leonidas
we're like the same person now. thumb up

laughing I'm the improved model.

leonidas
we even both agree you've improved some since you got here. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Creel fluctuates a lot.

Sometimes he will absorb Saint's whole load, other times he will spit it out and puke a little.

darthgoober
He had problems because it was too alien.

Now the thread has an alien from a different comics company, from a different planet, from a different....Section (the 4th World). A sentient concept of evil. The god the Devil prays to.

So yeah, pretty alien. Certainly more alien than BB, who as Dazzler has shown, simply produces sound.

Odin? Alien? You must have forgotten Absorbing Man's origin.

Nonetheless, OPasks of he can or cannot, and our reasons why or why not. I've said why I think he can't, and given a reason. You can nitpick the reason, but as long as we agree he can't, I don't particularly care....
Yeah, IT was too alien. But if that's the only time he's had issues because of something being too alien the showing is a testament to what he was dealing with, not of a limitation to his absorbing powers.

Blackbolt's voice is a lot more than just sound. It's some crazy ass electromagnetic energy. That's not to say that some writers don't treat it primarily as high intensity sound, but it's a lot more than just that.

Odin shot him with a bolt of cosmic energy, not magic. Cosmic energy is pretty alien.

Oh I don't necessarily agree that he can't, I just acknowledge the possibility. After all, AM's not the most consistent of characters but this is supposed to be him at his best and he's taken the properties of a cosmic cube before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.