MLK Legacy ruined?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
The MLK tapes: Secret FBI recordings accuse Martin Luther King Jr of watching and laughing as a pastor raped a woman, having 40 extramarital affairs - and they are under lock in a U.S. archive

Link

The civil rights hero was also heard allegedly joking he was the founder of the 'International Association for the Advancement of P***y-Eaters' on an agency recording that was obtained by bugging his room, according to the sensational claims made by biographer David Garrow - a Pulitzer prize-winning author and biographer of MLK.

Even if true, leave the man alone, he’s dead. Whatever sins he committed against women he’s paying for them now.

cdtm
Dailymail *lol*

BrolyBlack
The story is based off a book written.

Tzeentch
Much like the R. Kelly situation, MLK being a scumbag has been common knowledge to anyone who's paid attention for about 20 years now.

Stringer
Hey, R. Kelly was wrongfully accused!

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
The MLK tapes: Secret FBI recordings accuse Martin Luther King Jr of watching and laughing as a pastor raped a woman, having 40 extramarital affairs - and they are under lock in a U.S. archive

Link

The civil rights hero was also heard allegedly joking he was the founder of the 'International Association for the Advancement of P***y-Eaters' on an agency recording that was obtained by bugging his room, according to the sensational claims made by biographer David Garrow - a Pulitzer prize-winning author and biographer of MLK.

Even if true, leave the man alone, he’s dead. Whatever sins he committed against women he’s paying for them now.

If this stuff is true I could get on board with "leave the man alone" as long as that goes both ways. Which means...people would need to stop praising him too.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Much like the R. Kelly situation, MLK being a scumbag has been common knowledge to anyone who's paid attention for about 20 years now.

Do you believe the story?

playa1258
MLK was always a clown.

This is not news.

Stringer
I remember my first beer

dadudemon
It is not new news. It's only being revived.

Stringer
Exactly. As much as I love the op this is old news

Surtur
I knew about his affairs and the joke stuff shouldn't impact his legacy at all, but the "watched someone get raped and laughed" thing is new for me and makes him sound less like a great man with flaws and more like a truly awful human being.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
I knew about his affairs and the joke stuff shouldn't impact his legacy at all, but the "watched someone get raped and laughed" thing is new for me and makes him sound less like a great man with flaws and more like a truly awful human being.

True enough.

I wouldn't be able to watch someone get raped and laugh and joke about it while it is happening. And I'm a fairly shitty person, imo.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
True enough.

I wouldn't be able to watch someone get raped and laugh and joke about it while it is happening. And I'm a fairly shitty person, imo.

I don't know whether or not to believe it. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

jaden_2.0
You'd struggle to find a well regarded figure in modern history who doesn't have other severely dodgy stuff in their past. Mother Theresa's care homes were disgraceful and she accepted money and support from some very questionable sources. Winston Churchill hated Indians, called them a beastly people and facilitated a famine that killed a huge number of them. He also refused to allow aerial defences in Glasgow so the Clyde shipyards were heavily bombed during the war because he hated the workers there.

I'd be very surprised to find a public figure without a dark side to them.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

Dear Leader Trump, of course

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Dear Leader Trump, of course

Don't forget Obama(Peace Be Upon Him).

BrolyBlack
Don't forget Obama(Peace Be Upon Him).

Allah Akbar

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
You'd struggle to find a well regarded figure in modern history who doesn't have other severely dodgy stuff in their past. Mother Theresa's care homes were disgraceful and she accepted money and support from some very questionable sources. Winston Churchill hated Indians, called them a beastly people and facilitated a famine that killed a huge number of them. He also refused to allow aerial defences in Glasgow so the Clyde shipyards were heavily bombed during the war because he hated the workers there.

Not a single person I know positively regards Winston Churchill. You selected a well-known public figure that most people think was a giant *sshole as your example.

Go with Obama. Do Obama instead of Churchill as your example. I'd like to see how you summarize Obama to fit your point. smile

Surtur
I guess for me it's just different, what Churchill did sounds awful, but also impersonal.

To just sit and watch and laugh at a rape...I dunno erm

shiv
I'm old enough to remember when people used and reused, processed and transfered primitive recording media.

SquallX

Surtur
So, when do we rename all the streets and buildings with this guys name on them?

eThneoLgrRnae
Yes, even Abraham Lincoln is not the saint that many people have made him out to be. MLK was overall a good person though... and he was a republican, like Lincoln. smile

Surtur
I'm sure some places have statues of MLK too, when have leftists scheduled the requisite ripping down of said statues?!

Oh shit isn't there a bust of the guy in the White House?

So would a sledgehammer be good to use on it?

eThneoLgrRnae
I'm sure some places have statues of MLK too, when have leftists scheduled the requisite ripping down of said statues?!

Oh shit isn't there a bust of the guy in the White House?

So would a sledgehammer be good to use on it?

LOL. I think we both know that'll never happen, Surt.

Flyattractor
So, when do we rename all the streets and buildings with this guys name on them?

I would think MLK would not be against this.. seeing as how most streets named after him are NOT IN BEST PARTS OF TOWN!!!!!

Funny that.

Surtur
Oh and the best part is this info comes from the FBI and you know how the left feels about that organization these days...it can do no wrong smile

StyleTime
I'm barely bothered by the extra-marital affairs, and I'd say this about anyone. Part of our understanding of monogamy is socially constructed tbh, and society pressures people to buy into a certain set of ideals about what romance should be. This pressure was even more extreme during King's day, and forces people who are more open romantically/sexually to hide themselves for the sake of companionship. While, sure, I don't want you hurting someone emotionally, I feel like our outdated concept of romantic ownership causes this pain. We need to cut each other some slack, and understand that human love manifests in far more complex ways than "I'll love you and only you forever cuz the wedding industry and popular media told me so. dur"

It certainly doesn't mean you're a bad person. Neither does joking about leading a legion of pussy eaters. The anti-LGBT thing, meh. He seemed more ignorant on it in the transcript with the gay kid, rather than anti-LGBT, and King gives a pretty enlightened response for that time period. I feel like he would have evolved with everyone else as the LGBT rights movement progressed. He's dead so there's no guarantees, but his wife and multiple kids are pro-LGBT. It at least leads one to believe he'd have gotten there too.

Now, if the rape thing was true. Yeah, that gets into "holy shit dude" territory.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by StyleTime
I'm barely bothered by the extra-marital affairs, and I'd say this about anyone. Part of our understanding of monogamy is socially constructed tbh, and society pressures people who wouldn't otherwise choose that into a unfortunate situation where you must hide who you are to find companionship. This pressure was even more extreme during King's day. While, sure, I don't want you hurting someone emotionally, I feel like our concept of romantic ownership is the cause of this. We need to cut each other some slack, and understand that human love manifests in far more complex ways than "I'll love you and only you forever dur"

It certainly doesn't mean you're a bad person. Neither does joking about leading a legion of pussy eaters. The anti-LGBT, meh. He seemed more ignorant on it, rather than anti-LGBT, and King gives a pretty enlightened response for that time period. I feel like he would have evolved with everyone else as the LGBT rights movement progressed. He's dead so there's no guarantees, but his wife and multiple kids are pro-LGBT. It at least leads one to believe he'd have gotten there too.

Now, if the rape thing was true. Yeah, that gets into "holy shit dude" territory. Excellent post.

NemeBro
I'm barely bothered by the extra-marital affairs, and I'd say this about anyone. Part of our understanding of monogamy is socially constructed tbh, and society pressures people to buy into a certain set of ideals about what romance should be. This pressure was even more extreme during King's day, and forces people who are more open romantically/sexually to hide themselves for the sake of companionship. While, sure, I don't want you hurting someone emotionally, I feel like our outdated concept of romantic ownership causes this pain. We need to cut each other some slack, and understand that human love manifests in far more complex ways than "I'll love you and only you forever cuz the wedding industry and popular media told me so. dur"

It certainly doesn't mean you're a bad person. Neither does joking about leading a legion of pussy eaters. The anti-LGBT thing, meh. He seemed more ignorant on it in the transcript with the gay kid, rather than anti-LGBT, and King gives a pretty enlightened response for that time period. I feel like he would have evolved with everyone else as the LGBT rights movement progressed. He's dead so there's no guarantees, but his wife and multiple kids are pro-LGBT. It at least leads one to believe he'd have gotten there too.

Now, if the rape thing was true. Yeah, that gets into "holy shit dude" territory. Interesting, because I'd have knocked his teeth out the back of his skull with a baseball bat if he cheated on me, and doing it does make him a bad person. thumb up

And just so we're clear, I fully support polyamory and in fact plan to open my relationship with my boyfriend when we're no longer living in different countries. thumb up

But if a man or women went behind my back and phucked around, breaking my trust, I'd beat them to within an inch of their life or more and would be fully justified in doing so. thumb up

The law wouldn't see it as so, but that's because the law is wrong. thumb up

NemeBro
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Excellent post. Bruh what is that sig. haermm

StyleTime
Originally posted by NemeBro
Interesting, because I'd have knocked his teeth out the back of his skull with a baseball bat if he cheated on me, and doing it does make him a bad person. thumb up

And just so we're clear, I fully support polyamory and in fact plan to open my relationship with my boyfriend when we're no longer living in different countries. thumb up

But if a man or women went behind my back and phucked around, breaking my trust, I'd beat them to within an inch of their life or more and would be fully justified in doing so. thumb up

Dude, what if your boyfriend is a better fighter than you and engages you before you pick up the bat?

Stringer
Disappointed to hear he was gay. It is what it is

NemeBro
Dude, what if your boyfriend is a better fighter than you No one is a better fighter than me. thumb down

dadudemon
No one is a better fighter than me. thumb down

Rogue Jedi is. He could beat Robtard with one arm tied behind his back.

And his dad can beat up your dad, too.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Stringer

Confirmed Racist Homophobic.

rolling on floor laughing

Stringer
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Confirmed Racist Homophobic.

rolling on floor laughing

I guess I have a new stalker. Hey Fly smile

Flyattractor
Well your creepy smiles are just taking all the fun out of it.

Stringer
😊

Robtard
Interesting, because I'd have knocked his teeth out the back of his skull with a baseball bat if he cheated on me, and doing it does make him a bad person. thumb up

Which country is the BF from/in?

StyleTime
Originally posted by Stringer
Wait what? I'm not sure who you meant? MLK?

Stringer
Nemebro

NemeBro
Originally posted by Robtard
Which country is the BF from/in? Canada.

Emperordmb
To be honest, the advantage of memory in individual life and historically is you can take from the past the lessons that are useful to take from the past. The bad part of a person's legacy doesn't detract from the significant good parts of their legacy.

I haven't really looked into this shit, but regardless of its veracity, MLK's legacy of judge the individual not their race is a deeply important and valuable thing.

Emperordmb
Holy ****! MLK was anti-LGBT?! My oh my the horror! Next you're going to tell me Obama said "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman" and that the majority of the democratic party was anti-LGBT for a while until relatively recently! Next you're going to tell me most of the people centuries ago were racist! Oh my I can't take it. It's not like the majority of people alive for almost all of human history have been anti-LGBT until basically the past decade.

It's easy to grow up with what we've inherited and then look down upon those who came before us standing atop our perches calling them backwards savages and acting like nobody of the past deserves any respect because they have committed an unforgivable sin that many of us who are privileged to have been born today have not committed.

Flyattractor
That is very true with the Modern Leftist Fascists. They have to DESTROY Every thing about the U.S..(and any other nation they disapprove of) from the Ground Up so they can replace it with THEIR Very Flawed and disastrous Utopian Ideal.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Holy ****! MLK was anti-LGBT?! My oh my the horror! Next you're going to tell me Obama said "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman" and that the majority of the democratic party was anti-LGBT for a while until relatively recently! Next you're going to tell me most of the people centuries ago were racist! Oh my I can't take it. It's not like the majority of people alive for almost all of human history have been anti-LGBT until basically the past decade.

It's easy to grow up with what we've inherited and then look down upon those who came before us standing atop our perches calling them backwards savages and acting like nobody of the past deserves any respect because they have committed an unforgivable sin that many of us who are privileged to have been born today have not committed.

Robtard, look what you've done to EmperorDMB. Your piss and vinegar approach has influenced him so much that he's now like this - a caustic pile of anger.

https://i.imgur.com/fmXA0Nl.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.