Go Fund Me Wall Built in Record Time over Weeekend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

Bashar Teg
one mile laughing out loud

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Over the course of a weekend, on rough terrain smile

Putinbot1
one mile laughing out loud laughing

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
Over the course of a weekend, on rough terrain smile

That's probably far more work that got done in a weekend than bashy/pooty will do in his entire sad lifetime. thumb up

BrolyBlack

This tells me you are really mad it was done at all.

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
This tells me you are really mad it was done at all.

Especially since he ignores key details, mainly that this was over a weekend on *rough* terrain using funding from donations.

A government funded project could no doubt bring in more workers and resources and thus complete stuff even faster.

dadudemon

eThneoLgrRnae
Waste of time and money, my ass. Border patrol agents are on record saying that a wall would help immensely. Sorry, but I put more stock in what they say than what you do, Bernie supporter. What's a waste of money is making taxpayers pay for little entitled brats' student loan debts. thumb up

#BuildThatWall

Robtard
one mile laughing out loud Originally posted by Putinbot1
laughing

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Excluding impossible terrain (that would require demolishing mountains or land development for building the fence), this puts the cost for the wall between $8-$10 billion.

If we assume 1 mile is built every day minus about 300 miles of what I call impossible wall terrain:

1,954 miles - 300 miles = 1,654 miles

1,654 miles * $6 million = $9,924 billion

1,654miles/365.25 days = 4.53 years

So the project will cost $10 billion over 4.5 years, there about.

That's doable.

Still a massive waste of money, time, and effort. I'd rather we help our veterans with that money. It least it would go to help people who actually need the help instead of building a useless wall that literally does nothing but waste more of my tax dollars.

Yeah definitely doable and within our lifetime as well.

10 billion does not seem like a lot in the grand scheme of things given our budget. Weren't dems at one point going to give Trump like 25 billion?

Flyattractor
What should really be done is that all the Walls around Rich Neigbhorhoods should be pulled down. Also the Walls around Political Figures Houses.

Like Pelosies.

Make them Live like Everyone Else.

Equality and all that.

You know EQUALITY.

That thing people like Robbie and Bashy are against others having!

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

A mile over the span of a single weekend on rough terrain. What's the issue?

Robtard
If you really think this mile could be replicated over and over within the same time-frame/budget, when reality is, the cost would go up and up and the 30+ billion cited long ago is still likely correct, you're just high on Trump's farts again.

30+ billion and it wouldn't do much. /reality

Surtur
If you really think this mile could be replicated over and over within the same time-frame/budget, when reality is, the cost would go up and up and the 30+ billion cited long ago is still likely correct, you're just high on Trump's farts again.

I agree it wouldn't be the same time frame or budget, I'd imagine building over terrain that isn't rough would be cheaper and less time consuming smile

eThneoLgrRnae
I agree it wouldn't be the same time frame or budget, I'd imagine building over terrain that isn't rough would be cheaper and less time consuming smile

There is no way that Trump could finish the wall in the short time before the next election but he will most likely win and it can definitely be finished by 2025 when he finally leaves office. Also, this one mile section that has been built is not by any means the only part that has been constructed so far lol. Other parts have already been constructed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Waste of time and money, my ass. Border patrol agents are on record saying that a wall would help immensely.

Border Patrol agents, who are directly interested in keeping their jobs, who want billions injected into their budgets, are stating that a wall would help them immensely?

I'm shocked, I tell you! Utterly shocked!

But the Cato Institute did a very lengthy analysis of this and you should read it before rabidly support large wastes of money like this:

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/why-wall-wont-work

Sorry, but I put more stock in what they say than what you do, Bernie
supporter.

But...I'm not a Bernie supporter. smile

What's a waste of money is making taxpayers pay for little entitled brats' student loan debts. thumb up

You're right. We should go with your idea and give all of your highly-educated, highly skilled jobs to the Chinese and Indians. What do you want to call your new country run by China and India? The United Nations of China, India, and America? UNCIA? Has an odd ring to it. smile

#youareanidiot

Surtur
I am against government wasting money. Like when we spent money to study the mating habits of quails on coke. Or using leaf blowers on lizards.

Robtard

^coping

Surtur
Border Patrol agents, who are directly interested in keeping their jobs, who want billions injected into their budgets, are stating that a wall would help them immensely?

I'm shocked, I tell you! Utterly shocked!

But the Cato Institute did a very lengthy analysis of this and you should read it before rabidly support large wastes of money like this:

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/why-wall-wont-work

But...I'm not a Bernie supporter. smile

You're right. We should go with your idea and give all of your highly-educated, highly skilled jobs to the Chinese and Indians. What do you want to call your new country run by China and India? The United Nations of China, India, and America? UNCIA? Has an odd ring to it. smile

#youareanidiot

You have said you'd rather money go to vets, fair enough. Why not pull aid we give to shithole countries and spend it on our vets? How much money do we spend on foreign aid for medical supplies and all this shit? I firmly believe our vets are more important than someone else in a foreign country who needs medical supplies.

So I definitely support taking care of our own first.

Flyattractor
^ NOT Coping

eThneoLgrRnae
It's already been shown that radical leftists do not respect vets although many of them may pretend to when it suits their narrative.

Surtur
It's already been shown that radical leftists do not respect vets although many of them may pretend to when it suits their narrative.

Psshhh what, they've shown nothing but respect to Dan Crenshaw wink

Robtard
Trumpers segueing from their ridiculous wall to pretending they care about veterans. Lolz.

"He's not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured." -Trump, shitting on every US POW.

Surtur
Trumpers segueing from their ridiculous wall to pretending they care about veterans. Lolz.

"He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured." -Trump, shitting on every US POW.

As opposed to using the corpse of McCain as a cudgel against Trump like leftists did...cuz they sure as hell care about vets wink

dadudemon

Actually, they would become more efficient as things went along. They'd find efficiencies and improvements as the plans and implementation efforts improved.

Likely, the cost per mile would approach closer to $3 million per mile than the initial $6 million per mile. It's just how large efforts like these go under proper management.

However, you and I both know corruption, squandering, and mismanagement are far more likely than a properly managed project.

Your cost is probably right. no expression

Robtard
TIL: Calling out Trump for still attacking McCain post death is the problem, not Trump's shitty actions

Flyattractor
Does Every post that Robbie make include the words Trump and or Trumpers?

Surtur
TIL: Calling out Trump for still attacking McCain post death is the problem, not Trump's shitty actions

No Rob, today you learned that leftists used the corpse of McCain as a cudgel against Trump cuz they are that deranged. You are welcome for the clarification smile

Robtard
Actually, they would become more efficient as things went along. They'd find efficiencies and improvements as the plans and implementation efforts improved.

Likely, the cost per mile would approach closer to $3 million per mile than the initial $6 million per mile. It's just how large efforts like these go under proper management.

However, you and I both know corruption, squandering, and mismanagement are far more likely than a properly managed project.

Your cost is probably right. no expression

Large projects like this tend to only increase in cost, despite the more-efficient-as-we-go factor, due to all the unknowns that will come up along the way.

And agreed, "corruption, squandering, and mismanagement" would be a majorly huge factor which would only increase with the delays.

It's not my cost, the 30+ billion was the CBO, no?

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh robbie... when left-wing fantatics disrespect our flag and our anthem at football games by taking a knee instead of standing because of their perceived "oppression" it is disrespecting vets also and shitting all over the sevice they gave to this great nation.

Go ahead now and try to pretend otherwise as I know you no doubt will... it's ok.

Surtur
Oh robbie... when left-wing fantatics disrespect our flag and our anthem at football games by taking a knee instead of standing because of their perceived "oppression" it is disrespecting vets also and shitting all over the sevice they gave to this great nation.

Go ahead now and try to pretend otherwise as I know you no doubt will... it's ok.

He's gonna try to say it wasn't about the vets, even though they still continued to kneel once they had more than enough attention on them...and even though 99% of them took no action during the off season to fight for the cause they claimed made them kneel in the first place lol.

Robtard
eat

dadudemon
You have said you'd rather money go to vets, fair enough. Why not pull aid we give to shithole countries and spend it on our vets? How much money do we spend on foreign aid for medical supplies and all this shit? I firmly believe our vets are more important than someone else in a foreign country who needs medical supplies.

So I definitely support taking care of our own first.

thumb up

I agree fully. This is exactly what we should be doing.

Here's my list of things related to this:

1. Dissolve ICE.
2. Dissolve DHS.
3. Stop with 95-98% of foreign aid.
4. Don't build the stupid wall (read the Cato article).
5. Take down almost all foreign military bases and bring our people and stuff back home.
6. Cut the military budget in half (actually, it's cut it by 60%).

Surtur
thumb up

I agree fully. This is exactly what we should be doing.

Here's my list of things related to this:

1. Dissolve ICE.
2. Dissolve DHS.
3. Stop with 95-98% of foreign aid.
4. Don't build the stupid wall (read the Cato article).
5. Take down almost all foreign military bases and bring our people and stuff back home.
6. Cut the military budget in half (actually, it's cut it by 60%).

I'd add: remove all public funding from any college with shit like "free speech zones".

eThneoLgrRnae
...or "safe space zones." laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
Its obvious that this really the people off who said the gofundme wall was a scam.

They did it over a holiday weekend on rough terrainlaughing out loud

Thats called efficiency.

dadudemon
I'd add: remove all public funding from any college with shit like "free speech zones".

...or "safe space zones." laughing out loud

thumb up

dadudemon
Its obvious that this really the people off who said the gofundme wall was a scam.

They did it over a holiday weekend on rough terrainlaughing out loud

Thats called efficiency.

Oh really? So not much planning went into this? Meaning, there's plenty of efficiency to be improved on this effort?

SquallX

BrolyBlack
Oh really? So not much planning went into this? Meaning, there's plenty of efficiency to be improved on this effort?

Plenty, literally Steve Bannon got involved and made it happen. This company who did the wall is very good at what they do.

Putinbot1
Plenty, literally Steve Bannon got involved and made it happen. This company who did the wall is very good at what they do. Bannon... What a guy shifty

dadudemon
Plenty, literally Steve Bannon got involved and made it happen. This company who did the wall is very good at what they do.

hmm

I cannot wrap my mind around the logistics to make this happen. But they did it. Seems like a win.

cdtm
Excluding impossible terrain (that would require demolishing mountains or land development for building the fence), this puts the cost for the wall between $8-$10 billion.

If we assume 1 mile is built every day minus about 300 miles of what I call impossible wall terrain:

1,954 miles - 300 miles = 1,654 miles

1,654 miles * $6 million = $9,924 billion

1,654miles/365.25 days = 4.53 years

So the project will cost $10 billion over 4.5 years, there about.

That's doable.

Still a massive waste of money, time, and effort. I'd rather we help our veterans with that money. At least it would go to help people who actually need the help instead of building a useless wall that literally does nothing but waste more of my tax dollars.

Especially since veteran's are getting a lot less now. My own grandfather was forced to go to another hospital after a fall, because there simply wasn't room at the VA medical center. Guess who was on the hook for that?

Not the VA.

Robtard
Probably because it's just an empty PR stunt to give Trump and his cultist something to rant about. Which of course that was 100% successful, so kudos to shitboi Bannon I guess.

BrolyBlack
So, 1 mile of "that wall will never be built" over a weekend is just a PR stunt.

I cant imagine not have a fence between my neighbors house. I dont see why people care about fencing off the country.

eThneoLgrRnae
It's pretty obvious why, TI. They know that a real , formidable barrier, unlike the shitty one we have now that is a joke, will put a huge dent in illegals crossing into our country. The democrats know that w/out those illegals they'd never ever win an election.

No doubt some leftist will now say "illegals can't vote". To which I would reply: what you mean is, they can't legally vote. And regardless of whether or not they are actually illegaly voting in elections (i think it's pretty obvious that many have been for a while now), they still unfairly increase the number of electorate votes a state gives to the winner of said state. So yes, illegals do have a strong influence on the outcome of our elections.

cdtm
Nancy doesn't understand the difference between one mile of wall, and an entire f'n wall. laughing out loud

I mean, it takes generations to build a single bridge. Maybe in Nancy's world, where government has an unlimited budget and no regulatory tape to cut through, this sucker can get built in less time then it takes the Government to build LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE.

Robtard
So, 1 mile of "that wall will never be built" over a weekend is just a PR stunt.

I cant imagine not have a fence between my neighbors house. I dont see why people care about fencing off the country.

Yes, this was just a PR stunt.

Fencing is mostly for privacy, if your neighbors wanted to get in and they were physically capable (not old, handicapped, injured etc), they'd go over your fence.

Surtur
hmm

I cannot wrap my mind around the logistics to make this happen. But they did it. Seems like a win.

'Murica

dadudemon
Yes, this was just a PR stunt.

Fencing is mostly for privacy, if your neighbors wanted to get in and they were physically capable (not old, handicapped, injured etc), they'd go over your fence.

A Mexican family travels for several days for hundreds of miles to get to the US-Mexico border: on foot, by car, and by truck. They get to the border and are stopped by an 8 foot wall. Faced with this barrier, the father considers his situation...

"OH SHIT! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO, MARIA? WE TRAVELED ALL THIS WAY TO BE THWARTED BY AN 8 FOOT CEMENT WALL! WE ARE DOOMED! DOOOOOOOOMED!"

"Calm down, Guapo. We can just climb over."

"OH! THANK YOU SO MUCH, MI ESPOSA, YOU ARE THE BESTEST MOSTEST AWESOMEST WIFEY! JUEVOS, NALGAS, CHICHIS!!!"

Epilogue:
Guapo and his family were eventually caught by the Gestapo due to Guapo's inability to use an inside voice.

Surtur
*swaying back and forth*

All we are saying...is give walls a chance big grin

Bashar Teg
the assumptions that gofundme dollars would be consistent over 4+ years after it's launch made me chuckle.

Flyattractor
Well you are a Massive Pot Head so I can see you getting the giggles quite often and to very simple things...cause ya know...POT.

Bashar Teg
take your methadone fly

Stringer

ArtificialGlory
This is literally giving me so much anxiety right now.

jaden_2.0
hmm

Immigrant workers probably.

dadudemon
How dare all of you not get a laugh from my gestapo joke. That's gold. I hate you all of you. uhuh

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Immigrant workers probably.

I did laugh at this.

Surtur
I say grant citizenship to any illegal that helps build the wall.

Or at least like...a sandwich.

eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, I'm all for that... giving them a sandwich, that is. laughing out loud

dadudemon
I say grant citizenship to any illegal that helps build the wall.

Or at least like...a sandwich.

Name it the National Repayment Act. Or NRA, for short. The confusion would drive leftists mad. "I can't bring myself to support the NRA...but those poor illegal immigrants!" looool laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

BrolyBlack
https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-155896710203-3164adbeca774277&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B1137-update-supporters-v5b

Here are pics of the wall, more money keeps flooding in.

Surtur
Name it the National Repayment Act. Or NRA, for short. The confusion would drive leftists mad. "I can't bring myself to support the NRA...but those poor illegal immigrants!" looool laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

laughing

BrolyBlack
DDM all us Trumpers have to do is put in $80 each and we can build the whole wall. I already donated $20, Ill donate the rest.

https://patch.com/us/white-house/gofundme-border-wall-group-begins-construction-video

My neighbors are really cool, but I could not live next to them without a 7 ft fence.

dadudemon
DDM all us Trumpers have to do is put in $80 each and we can build the whole wall. I already donated $20, Ill donate the rest.

https://patch.com/us/white-house/gofundme-border-wall-group-begins-construction-video

My neighbors are really cool, but I could not live next to them without a 7 ft fence.

I want to buy a PS5, a replacement gaming PC, and a massage chair. I place more value on those things than the wall.

I am serious when I ask you this question: is it okay if I don't support the wall and, instead, only save and buy those things?

BrolyBlack

dadudemon

Robtard
I gave $80 to a homeless vet instead. At least that's what his cardboard sign said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.