Homosexuals Sue Christian Dating Site...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eThneoLgrRnae
...and win.

https://washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/1/christianmingle-loses-lawsuit-must-now-include-gay/

....can't wait to hear radical leftists being consistent (lol) and b****ing about "but muh private company" now lol.

Flyattractor
Buh buh buh Whut Boot PRIVATE BIZZNUSS BRUH!?

Gawd Leftists are such Hypocrites.

Funny how the INTERNET is like that.

Surtur
They will scream "protected class!".

Of course religion is also protected, but shhh.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur

....only it's the muslim religion, Surtur. To Hell w/the rest of them! thumb up

Flyattractor

Actually Christians are quickly becoming the most persecuted group in the world. Literally hunted down and murdered.

Funny that.

Surtur
I'd love a follow up on this, something tells me the gay men suing never actually planned to use the site in the first place and just wanted to whine over it. Kinda like the tranny and the cake baker.

eThneoLgrRnae
It'll get even worse Fly (far far worse) for Christians when we enter the period known as The Great Tribulation mentioned in the Bible when the globalist NWO is established. At that point, it won't be just Christians in the ME that are hunted down and executed, but Christians everywhere because they will refuse to renounce the real Christ, worship the anti-christ and take the mark of the beast. It will be a very dark time for Christians then. What's sad is that many Christians think they will be raptured-out before the great tribulation period starts so they will be totally unprepared for it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
...and win.

https://washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/1/christianmingle-loses-lawsuit-must-now-include-gay/

....can't wait to hear radical leftists being consistent (lol) and b****ing about "but muh private company" now lol.

Gay people can be Christians too.

Surtur
Originally posted by -Pr-

Just don't go to the UK and say the same about muslims...

eThneoLgrRnae
I'd love a follow up on this, something tells me the gay men suing never actually planned to use the site in the first place and just wanted to whine over it. Kinda like the tranny and the cake baker.

Oh yeah... no one in their right mind thinks these two homos thought they would find another homo on that Christian dating site that wanted to have their d***s in their a**. They just wanted to attack a Christian dating site and cause trouble for them, that's all.

eThneoLgrRnae

Of course they can. That doesn't mean God approves of their lifestyle though anymore than He approves of a straight person who sleeps with a lot of other people of the opposite sex.

Emperordmb

-Pr-
Just don't go to the UK and say the same about muslims...

That muslims can be christian too? I assume you meant that that gay people can be muslim too? Because there are plenty of places in the UK (or the West in general) where you could say that.

Of course they can. That doesn't mean God approves of their lifestyle though anymore than He approves of a straight person who sleeps with a lot of other people of the opposite sex.

There's a lot of things that God doesn't technically approve of, but Humans are supposed to have free will for a reason.

Surtur
That muslims can be christian too? I assume you meant that that gay people can be muslim too? Because there are plenty of places in the UK (or the West in general) where you could say that.

There's a lot of things that God doesn't technically approve of, but Humans are supposed to have free will for a reason.

I'm referring to muslims protesting a school teaching gay acceptance and that muslims can be gay and the lack of sufficient outrage we're seeing(we'd see way more outrage if it was christians).

Even Jess Phillips essentially told them "you're islaming wrong" and they called her an Islamaphobe...lol.

eThneoLgrRnae
@PR: Yeah, no kidding. It's great that God gave us free will, I agree. That doesn't change the reason for why I posted this thread though. In case you haven't caught on yet, it's to point out the hypocrisy/dual standards of leftists who selectively use the "but muh private company" argument when it suits them and look the other way when it doesn't. I didn't specifically make this thread to attack gays or their lifestyle.

-Pr-
I'm referring to muslims protesting a school teaching gay acceptance and that muslims can be gay and the lack of sufficient outrage we're seeing(we'd see way more outrage if it was christians).

Even Jess Phillips essentially told them "you're islaming wrong" and they called her an Islamaphobe...lol.

That's not really the same thing, though. Is there a double-standard? Sure. Probably. Relevancy is the key though.

@PR: Yeah, no kidding. It's great that God gave us free will, I agree. That doesn't change the reason for why I posted this thread though. In case you haven't caught on yet, it's to point out the hypocrisy/dual standards of leftists who selectively use the "but muh private company" argument when it suits them and look the other way when it doesn't. I didn't specifically make this thread to attack gays or their lifestyle.

Do you want to point out that water is wet, too? Left or right, most people are hypocrites. Even on this board, there's tons of "whatabout" arguments, leading to threads not really going anywhere. This thread will end up the same way because it'll just end up being the same "no you" shite yet again.

If you didn't want to be seen as attacking gays, you probably shouldn't have used this case as your example, then.

Surtur
Like I said the response will be "protected class".

Which wait, race and gender are protected classes, why is it legal to get an abortion based on gender or race?

Surtur
That's not really the same thing, though. Is there a double-standard? Sure. Probably. Relevancy is the key though.

Do you want to point out that water is wet, too? Left or right, most people are hypocrites. Even on this board, there's tons of "whatabout" arguments, leading to threads not really going anywhere. This thread will end up the same way because it'll just end up being the same "no you" shite yet again.

If you didn't want to be seen as attacking gays, you probably shouldn't have used this case as your example, then.

It's not the same thing as the topic, but they are indeed getting butthurt over the idea their kids are being taught muslims can be gay.

eThneoLgrRnae

No offense, but I will use whatever example I damn well please. Of course you are pefectly ok when someone on the left tries to point out a conservative using "whataboutism" or supposedly "being hypocrites" but when someone on the right points out someone on the left doing it you suddenly have a problem with it and claim it's the same as saying "water is wet" LOL. I mean... don't get me wrong, I think pointing out that the left are huge hypocrites is like saying "water is wet" is actually true but my problem is you suddenly having an issue w/it. Be consistent and point it out when the left does it as well or else it just appears to me as fake outrage.

Honestly, I think you're just upset and trying to save face because you now see that I didn't make this thread to attack gays but to point out double standards of the left. It's ok when you're wrong sometimes. We all make mistakes. Just admit it and it's no big deal.

cdtm

Of course. The church still won't condone same sex expression/marriage.

cdtm
...and win.

9,000 dollars each to the litigants, and 5 figures to the lawyers.

Mission accomplished.

That mission being, to make money. That's all this is really about, as sure as the atheist lawyer who sent his atheist 12 year old son and daughter to the girl and boy scouts, who had an uncanny understanding of their rights against respecting a scout oath that had the word "god" in it. Six figure lawsuit, cha-ching.

Easy targets, easy money for slimeball attorney's, who would as easily side with religion if it made them money.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
Of course. The church still won't condone same sex expression/marriage.

True I was taught it was the acts themselves that were bad. So a priest could be in love with a little boy and the only way that situation would be wrong in God's eyes is if the priest bangs that little boy.

eThneoLgrRnae
Actually, Jesus said that simply lusting after a woman (something that I admittedly do a lot, lol) is considered committing adultery with her in your heart so no, it's not just the act that God views as a sin.

dadudemon
Actually, Jesus said that simply lusting after a woman (something that I admittedly do a lot, lol) is considered committing adultery with her in your heart so no, it's not just the act that God views as a sin.

That was for another man's wife or if you were married, in context.

It's not adultery if neither of you are married. smile

Surtur

Lol this reminds me of this tv show where in one episode this guy was crossing the street and he saw a married woman and coveted her and then was hit by a car and died and went to hell.

eThneoLgrRnae
What was the name of the show, Surtur? If he had accepted Christ already then He would've been forgiven for his momentary weakness.

Surtur
What was the name of the show, Surtur? If he had accepted Christ already then He would've been forgiven for his momentary weakness.

Reaper. It was a supernatural comedy show though.

Flyattractor
The one about the Son of the Devil or the Emo fest where People got jobs as the Reaper after they died?

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The one about the Son of the Devil or the Emo fest where People got jobs as the Reaper after they died?

The son of the devil where Ray Wise played the devil.

Flyattractor
Reaper was a good show.....mostly because of this...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_56k36MLwpNU/RyzW3a6GRnI/AAAAAAAAF7U/co-WA6kH-4o/s400/MissyPeregrymReaperPromoPhotoshoot870110.jpg

eThneoLgrRnae
Reaper. It was a supernatural comedy show though.

Never heard of it.

Flyattractor
Yeah it wasn't on very long...

Reaper was a good show.....mostly because of this...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_56k36MLwpNU/RyzW3a6GRnI/AAAAAAAAF7U/co-WA6kH-4o/s400/MissyPeregrymReaperPromoPhotoshoot870110.jpg

Mmmmm!~~

Surtur
Only 2 seasons, but I liked it. Yeah Andi was hot. She left Heroes in order to do the show.

dadudemon
Only 2 seasons, but I liked it. Yeah Andi was hot. She left Heroes in order to do the show.

Looks like I need to check out Reaper. hmm

eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah it wasn't on very long...

Mmmmm!~~

No offense, but you have strange tastes, Fly. Don't understand how bashy/pooty was fooled into thinking you and I are the same person. Other than pretty nice ****, I don't see what's so good about her. She's definitely not ugly but she's no beauty queen either and she looks a little on the too skinny side for my tastes. On my scale she would only be about a 6 on a scale of 1-10.

Flyattractor
Back in the day. You took what you could get.

Oh and Bashy's massive pot abuse has stunted his imagination, so we can't really blame him for that.

Robtard

^ Another example of how Evangelicals don't even really Bible/Jesus; not even a little bit.

Flyattractor
Robbie is such a Liar.

eThneoLgrRnae
Course he is. In other news, water is wet and the sun is hot lol.

StyleTime

Robtard
Originally posted by StyleTime
Meh, the "you're a hypocrite" line is petty and leads nowhere though. They got sued because they violated California state law...

They likely didn't read the article, only the headline.

...which means those "leftists" can say the exact same thing in the other direction. For example,

.... "can't wait to hear radical rightists being consistent (lol) and bitching about "but muh state's rights" now lol.

I know this is something of a sport for this forum, which is why I don't visit often, but don't you ever tire of it?

Couldn't we just try and reason through this one without identity politics dropping in?

If we take the name as some kind of mission statement, can't we still arrive at the conclusion that some Christians are gay AF, and should be allowed on a Christian dating site? Even if we go with the interpretation that a dude smooching is a sin (differs among Christians), Christianity is pretty clear that everyone sins. Why should the homosaurus species be singled out?

Is that true? I've seen some named black/asian/white/martian/whatever mingle, but do they actually ban other races from joining?

Regardless, as Pr said, gays can be Christian (makes no sense why an LGBT person would do that to themselves, but I'm just some hetero, atheist heathen. I don't count here.)

thumb up

dadudemon
...but I'm just some hetero, atheist heathen. I don't count here.)

Don't worry. When you die, I will ensure my Mormon Army does your baptism for the dead work in our temples.

https://i.imgur.com/yPqPtt8.gif

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Don't worry. When you die, I will ensure my Mormon Army does your baptism for the dead work in our temples.

Wait you guys got zombies in your temples?

Oh whoops there isn't a comma after "baptism".

eThneoLgrRnae
Mormonism... laughing out loud

...that explains a lot actually.

dadudemon
Mormonism... laughing out loud

...that explains a lot actually.

I submitted a request to church leadership to see if we could do an extant-proxy-baptism for you.

Similar to how we do baptisms for the dead, my idea is to do proxy-baptisms for the living but who are brain-dead. Comatose patients, the mentally disabled, etc.

It's the little things like that which makes Mormons so amazing. We are always looking out for everyone. We love everyone.

hug

eThneoLgrRnae
I submitted a request to church leadership to see if we could do an extant-proxy-baptism for you.

Similar to how we do baptisms for the dead, my idea is to do proxy-baptisms for the living but who are brain-dead. Comatose patients, the mentally disabled, etc.

It's the little things like that which makes Mormons so amazing. We are always looking out for everyone. We love everyone.

hug

Oh, really? Then why does your religion teach that those born with black skin were bad in a previous life and that is why they got a black body which y'all consider to be the mark of Cain? Sounds pretty racist to me. Perhaps you Mormons don't teach that anymore but you certainly used to even though y'all were never open about it.

Do y'all believe Adam is God and that he is constantly making spirit babies in Heaven by having sex with someone and that everytime someone is born it is a result of him doing that? LOL I know y'all used to teach that as well. Perhaps y'all have reformed and if so I'm glad to hear it.

Surtur

hug

No offense but why would you baptize a dead person unless you somehow knew they wanted it? Seems wrong IMO.

eThneoLgrRnae
No offense but why would you baptize a dead person unless you somehow knew they wanted it? Seems wrong IMO.

A lot of stuff they believe seems wrong and anti-biblical/anti-Christ to me but yeah, you're right. That looks like another one I can add to the list. And I thought many Catholic beliefs/doctrines/ceremonies were bad lol.

Putinbot1

If you didn't want to be seen as attacking gays, you probably shouldn't have used this case as your example, then. Good Post.

dadudemon
Oh, really? Then why does your religion teach that those born with black skin were bad in a previous life and that is why they got a black body which y'all consider to be the mark of Cain? Sounds pretty racist to me.

You're right. That's why it isn't taught, is considered false doctrine, and you'll get in trouble if you teach it in the church. smile

Do y'all believe Adam is God

No. lol

They never believed that. That's some weird anti-Mormon belief that got made up to slander us. That's upthere with the blood sacrifices we supposedly did in our temples.

...and that he is constantly making spirit babies in Heaven by having sex with someone...
Lol, same as above.

...and that everytime someone is born it is a result of him doing that?

That contradicts one of the very earliest Mormon-theological beliefs that all of our spirits were created before this universe even existed. thumb up

LOL I know y'all used to teach that as well. Perhaps y'all have reformed and if so I'm glad to hear it.

Never did. The only gotcha you might have is that some taught the mark of Cain false doctrine and it was never official doctrine. Only 5 or 6 events occurred in the Church history to formally canonize scripture and doctrine. One of those was formally striking down the racist false doctrine about the Mark of Cain.

dadudemon

Yeah, they can reject it. At the very basics of core beliefs for Mormonism is free-agency. Some call this free will.

We can do posthumous proxy baptisms all day long but it's still up to God and the deceased person. It's like putting a recycle bin out on the street: doesn't mean people will use it.

Putinbot1
You mean you guys never did Blood sacrifices... but... really.

Surtur
Yeah, they can reject it. At the very basics of core beliefs for Mormonism is free-agency. Some call this free will.

We can do posthumous proxy baptisms all day long but it's still up to God and the deceased person. It's like putting a recycle bin out on the street: doesn't mean people will use it.

What if god decides he wants the baptism to go through and the person doesn't?

Putinbot1
But surely DDM in a prophetic Universe, your free will is merely God's plan.

dadudemon
What if god decides he wants the baptism to go through and the person doesn't?

That's an impossible scenario. It can't happen.

It's a logical contradiction.

Maybe I'm interpreting your words too strictly. God wants everyone to repent, be baptized, and be good. But he will never force you because that's against the basics of existence: free agency.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Putinbot1
But surely DDM in a prophetic Universe, your free will is merely God's plan.

No. We don't view it as 'all part of God's plan' because that's silly and childish to believe. God's Plan, in our theology, is literally a plan to grow and develop as an eternal being to be more like Him. And we chose to participate in this part of His plan. That's right: we chose to be born into mortality to face hardship out of a nearly infinite number of non-mortal options (problem of evil: solved).

Surtur
That's an impossible scenario. It can't happen.

It's a logical contradiction.

Maybe I'm interpreting your words too strictly. God wants everyone to repent, be baptized, and be good. But he will never force you because that's against the basics of existence: free agency.

Interesting. Let me ask you this: say the person died and you didn't do your proxy baptism thing, would God still see if they want to repent?

dadudemon
Interesting. Let me ask you this: say the person died and you didn't do your proxy baptism thing, would God still see if they want to repent?

Answer: all baptism for the dead (proxy baptisms) will be completed during the 1,000 years of peace without exceptions. All will be given a chance in this life or the next to participate and accept the Plan.

None are missed. All are given the opportunity.

So if you are an atheist or ignostic and lived a very good life but due to circumstances, it was impossible for you to have a genuine encounter with The Gospel during your life, and you would have given it a genuine try if presented with it, you will get a chance in the next life.

There are 4 existential estates in Mormonism:

First estate: Preexistence - prior to being born into this reality as a mortal. Only as a spirit.

Second Estate: Existence - the here and now in this universe as a mortal.

Third Estate - After death but before resurrection.

Fourth Estate - A Paradisaical Glory in Heaven or Outer Darkness (hell) where people go if they reject God and everything related to Him.

The Fourth Estate inheritance is dependent upon the actions, choices, and current positions you have at the end of your Third Estate. "The content of your heart."

Keeping your First Estate as a spirit was rejecting Lucifer's Plan and Accepting God's Plan and/or wanting to live an existence in one of the nearly infinite other roles you can fulfill as an eternal being. However, the Second Estate is very specific in that only those who specifically chose to become mortal to grow and develop are allowed to move on from the first estate.

eThneoLgrRnae
You're right. That's why it isn't taught, is considered false doctrine, and you'll get in trouble if you teach it in the church. smile

No. lol

They never believed that. That's some weird anti-Mormon belief that got made up to slander us. That's upthere with the blood sacrifices we supposedly did in our temples.

Lol, same as above.

That contradicts one of the very earliest Mormon-theological beliefs that all of our spirits were created before this universe even existed. thumb up

Never did. The only gotcha you might have is that some taught the mark of Cain false doctrine and it was never official doctrine. Only 5 or 6 events occurred in the Church history to formally canonize scripture and doctrine. One of those was formally striking down the racist false doctrine about the Mark of Cain.

Ok then. I'm glad to hear your religion doesn't have those crazy beliefs and never did. Although, I can't help wondering, if your church did in fact hold those beliefs would you be open about it and admit it? I doubt anyone would want to admit their religion taught those things.

Does your church have ties to the Masons?

What do you say to this:

www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Mormons/sickos.htm

Is that all a lie as well?

StyleTime

Hmmm.....I can proceed with my life of debauchery and still get a sweet ass afterlife. evil face You have my blessing to bless me.
Wait you guys got zombies in your temples?

Oh whoops there isn't a comma after "baptism".
I was about to convert there for a second. Necromancy would be sweeeeet.
Good Post.
Yeah, I admittedly didn't read all the posts in the thread. Pr covered what I said quite nicely. Ireland is safe from my wrath for now. thumb up

hug
thumb up

In all honesty, every Mormon I've met has always been among the nicest people ever. There was a Mormon family in our neighborhood as a kid, and I remember the neighborhood parents gossiping about them constantly. They'd watch the Mormons from their living room windows, start rumors, and scare us kids with ideas about cults and polygamy. I think everyone was jealous or something. The Mormon parents exercised frequently and looked great while everyone else was growing their beer bellies out. We played with the son a lot, and I was like "the worst thing about them is that they invite us to dinner all the time." They weren't trying to proselytize folks and even the dog was tv sitcom sweet.

It's ****ed up we live in an age where being nice makes people hate you though. Wtf?

I had another Mormon friend who became atheist as an adult. He just said theism no longer resonates with him, but he still carries all the Mormon values. He lives in Japan with his wife and kid now, and offered me a free spot whenever I decide to come visit.

thumb up I didn't know that.

Surtur
The ability to perform black magic is the only legit reason to become religious.

dadudemon
Ok then. I'm glad to hear your religion doesn't have those crazy beliefs and never did. Although, I can't help wondering, if your church did in fact hold those beliefs would you be open about it and admit it? I doubt anyone would want to admit their religion taught those things.

But...many Mormons DID teach the Mark of Cain crap. It was a serious problem. It was never canon but that doesn't mean some racists didn't do racist things.

Hmmm.....I can proceed with my life of debauchery and still get a sweet ass afterlife. evil face You have my blessing to bless me.

But...but...the whole "content of your heart" thing.

In all honesty, every Mormon I've met has always been among the nicest people ever. There was a Mormon family in our neighborhood as a kid, and I remember the neighborhood parents gossiping about them constantly. They'd watch the Mormons from their living room windows, start rumors, and scare us kids with ideas about cults and polygamy. I think everyone was jealous or something. The Mormon parents exercised frequently and looked great while everyone else was growing their beer bellies out. We played with the son a lot, and I was like "the worst thing about them is that they invite us to dinner all the time." They weren't trying to proselytize folks and even the dog was tv sitcom sweet.

It's ****ed up we live in an age where being nice makes people hate you though. Wtf?

I had another Mormon friend who became atheist as an adult. He just said theism no longer resonates with him, but he still carries all the Mormon values. He lives in Japan with his wife and kid now, and offered me a free spot whenever I decide to come visit.

Mormons will work themselves sick with "public service." It's as if they have the inability to say no. "I have to move my grandmother and I have a bad back. Can you help?"

"Well, my wedding was on that day. I'll see if I can hold the reception at your new house and get the whole wedding procession to unload you there."

Also, Mormons can be super judgmental and self-righteous. Hate it. But it's usually the Utah Mormons who are like that.

dadudemon
The ability to perform black magic is the only legit reason to become religious.

Is resurrection necromancy?

Clerics can resurrect. Necromancers do the same. But Necromancers usually have...gross outcomes from using Eldritch magics.

Robtard
Good Post.

It was, PR fact-nailed them to the fence and did so in a kind manner.

Robtard

hug

Can you do one for me too please?

Mormonism > Evangelicals

Are Evangelicals even really Christians anymore with their hatred and skewing of Christ's teachings?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Can you do one for me too please?

Mormonism > Evangelicals

Are Evangelicals even really Christians anymore with their hatred and skewing of Christ's teachings?

Okay, we will get you proxy-dunked. thumb up

Depends. How far do you have to go into the sexism, racism, and self-righteous judgmentalism before you've polluted Christ's teachings enough to no longer be considered a Christian without committing the No True Scotsman fallacy?

You can claim to be an F1 Driver but if you don't drive and F1, only talk about Pickup Trucks, you're not an F1 Driver. Therefore, it's not committing the No Scotsman Fallacy to say, "You're not an F1 Driver." Similar to the "Christian" label.

cdtm
But...many Mormons DID teach the Mark of Cain crap. It was a serious problem. It was never canon but that doesn't mean some racists didn't do racist things.

But...but...the whole "content of your heart" thing.

Mormons will work themselves sick with "public service." It's as if they have the inability to say no. "I have to move my grandmother and I have a bad back. Can you help?"

"Well, my wedding was on that day. I'll see if I can hold the reception at your new house and get the whole wedding procession to unload you there."

Also, Mormons can be super judgmental and self-righteous. Hate it. But it's usually the Utah Mormons who are like that.

On this wrestling board, everyone was saying how Mormon's just do their thing and leave people alone, and asked how anyone could hate them.

Leave it to the Brit to start listing reasons. They seem to be good at that.

Non Brits: "Hey, this is great. How can anyone ever hate this?"

Brit: "Hold my beer."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.