X-Men First Class vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Magneto
Havok
Banshee
Mystique
Beast
Xavier

Vs

Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor

They throw down in New York, who wins?

Eon Blue
Avengers win.

meep-meep
Good match. Avengers have the raw physical power but First class has a chance.
Every Avenger was shown to be susceptible to Wandas mind illusions. Yes they were magic or whatever. It's something Xavier might be able to replicate. Mags should be able to incapacitate Starks suit, at the least. Caps shield I'm not sure about. But Widows weapons are a non factor. Same with some of Bartons arrows. Thor and Hulk would be too much if mind whammy doesn't work, though

meep-meep
Also Mystique could run around creating cunfusion.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Damborgson
Magneto
Havok
Banshee
Mystique
Beast
Xavier

Vs

Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor

They throw down in New York, who wins? Xavier is too much, he would solo the team the very moment the fight began.

Adam Grimes
Xavier, in character, is too much of a pussy. He would probably take pity on all the awful things the Avengers went through and subsequently get shot again.

The rest follows.

McNasty996
X Men win, Xavier cleans house

quanchi112
Avengers dominate.

KingD19
Xavier has shown no hesitation in mass-freezing groups of people. He did it to an entire mall, and an entire floor of the CIA with no strain or worry.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Xavier is too much, he would solo the team the very moment the fight began. Simply ridiculous. Just like a Superman solos argument from you without any examples just imagination station.

ShadowFyre
Xavier solos.

carthage
Mutants

WolvesofBabylon
Xmen

Surtur
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Xavier solos.

Darth Thor
Magneto could take out Iron Man, Cap and the street levellers pretty quickly. He crushes Iron Man and controls Caps shield and used them both as weapons. Not sure if he could deflect Mjolnir though.

Also Not sure if Xavier could hold Thor and Hulk though. Because He had trouble holding Shaw.

Too many variables, but im leaning towards Avengers because Hulk and Thor are just too much to stop.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Magneto could take out Iron Man, Cap and the street levellers pretty quickly. He crushes Iron Man and controls Caps shield and used them both as weapons. Not sure if he could deflect Mjolnir though.

Also Not sure if Xavier could hold Thor and Hulk though. Because He had trouble holding Shaw.

Too many variables, but im leaning towards Avengers because Hulk and Thor are just too much to stop.

Doesnt need to hold both. Controls one and they fight each other while Magneto and Havok spam attacks

WolvesofBabylon
Plus what is to suggest Thor or Hulk have stronger TP resistance than Shaw?

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Xavier has shown no hesitation in mass-freezing groups of people. He did it to an entire mall, and an entire floor of the CIA with no strain or worry.

Was Xavier already that powerful in First Class?

Damborgson
It goes both ways though, what minds has Xavier effected that would suggest he can effect high end beings like Hulk and Thor ?

WolvesofBabylon
It goes both ways though, what minds has Xavier effected that would suggest he can effect high end beings like Hulk and Thor ?

We have already seen both are susceptible to mind attacks. Hulk is either a mindless beast or Banner and either should easily be within Xavier strength.Thor lets face it has not shown to really be that strong of mind. They both are brutes and in the case of Hulk if he is using Banners mind. Bamner is still just human.

BruceSkywalker
gotta go with X-Men here

FrothByte
I think this boils down to whether Xavier can effectively mind-whammy Thor and Hulk. If he can then X-men wins. If he can't then the Avengers win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
We have already seen both are susceptible to mind attacks. Hulk is either a mindless beast or Banner and either should easily be within Xavier strength.Thor lets face it has not shown to really be that strong of mind. They both are brutes and in the case of Hulk if he is using Banners mind. Bamner is still just human. Thor has shown incredible strength of mind until he went up against Thanos. That guy is brutal.

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
I think this boils down to whether Xavier can effectively mind-whammy Thor and Hulk. If he can then X-men wins. If he can't then the Avengers win.

They'd need feats of resisting mental powers. Hulk was susceptible to Scarlet Witch.

Darth Thor

Yeah thats my point. He had trouble just holding Shaw, due to Shaw being so powerful.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
They'd need feats of resisting mental powers. Hulk was susceptible to Scarlet Witch.

In the same vein, Xavier needs feats of manipulating beings of extreme power. As Darth mentioned, he was having trouble manipulating Shaw due to his power levels.

Besides, Wanda never controlled Hulk. She just messed him up enough that he lost control. If Xavier does that to Hulk and Hulk goes berserk, then everyone except Thor dies. In which case the Avengers still win.

meep-meep
If Hulk goes bananas Thor would be the first one to try and calm him. This is a good match. Mags and Xavier are beastly, but I could see Thor being the last person standing.

FrothByte
Btw, which version of Thor and IM are we using here? Strongest versions?

meep-meep
I'm guessing Dambo is using 1st Avengers movie.

meep-meep
Originally posted by FrothByte

That's pretty much what I think.

quanchi112
Originally posted by meep-meep
I'm guessing Dambo is using 1st Avengers movie. Originally posted by Damborgson
Magneto
Havok
Banshee
Mystique
Beast
Xavier

Vs

Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor

They throw down in New York, who wins? Answers it in first post.

meep-meep
Originally posted by quanchi112
Answers it in first post.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.