Green Lanterns vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Green Lanterns Hal, Abin Sur, Sinestro and Parallax

Vs

Thanos

ShadowFyre
Your really gonna make me youtube that damn movie for feats huh?

Nah. To many of them. They win. Which one was Abin Sur?

I think just parallax and either hal or sinestro could split with him.

I really wish they had given Thanos his energy blasts.

BruceSkywalker
thanos prolly

ShadowFyre
So the reason I am siding with the lanterns is thanos has no long range attacks. It really wouldnt matter as I see him more than strong enough to shatter any constructs and close the distance, except there is 4 of them and they can all fly and pepper him with attacks.

If Thanos takes put parallax and can withstand the best attacks they have to offer then it will be downhill for the lanterns.

But they have some serious key advantages with flight and range.

Like 4 fighter jets vs. One supertank but the tanks range is only a few meters

ShadowFyre
Just went back and watched the extended cut final fight.

Parallax is a dormammu lite and I see no way for Thanos to even hurt him. He is simply far to big. Hal is actually pretty damn powerful.

I feel like Parallax makes this a complete mismatch. Thanos should at least get a stone or two.

BrolyBlack

WolvesofBabylon
Yea it took the heat and gravity of the sun to defeat Parallax. Thanos and his sword stand 0 chance.

ShadowFyre
As much as I love Thanos and hate the gl movie. Based off of his fight with Scarlet Witch, he has no answer for ranged attacks.

TheVaultDweller
It wasn't so much ranged attacks as it was specifically being grabbed by TK (which would be an issue for most opponents who don't have either TK or flight themselves). He was able to defend against multiple other ranged attacks, including a lightning-amped repulsor onslaught from Iron Man and Thor.

That being said, a GL could theoretically do similar by just making a giant green fist and grabbing Thanos and lifting him in the air.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.