Rambo: Last Blood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9sIXkRh2X0o

Otherwise known as RAMBO 5: LAST BLOOD.

BruceSkywalker
looks okay but right not no interest in seeing this

ShadowFyre
So Terminator 6 and Rambo 5. Not gonna lie, neither hold any real interest for me anymore bit nostalgia purposes.

I will go see them though. Now that I think of it. The last Rambo was pretty damn good imo

riv6672

ShadowFyre
Now that I have thought about it. I think the last one was actually my favorite after the first one. I will see this in theaters. Not sure about Dark fate though.

Flyattractor
Looks like it could be pretty good...and nice to see Stallone got into some decent shape for this one... He looked full on in need of insulin in that last one.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9sIXkRh2X0o

Otherwise known as RAMBO 5: LAST BLOOD.

9sIXkRh2X0o

fixed.

riv6672
haha!

Patient_Leech
Hell yeah. I'll have to watch the trailer later, but I've been waiting for this.

He initially said he wasn't going to do one last Rambo film, but did it anyway.

I've liked all the Rambo movies to varying degrees.

I hope he meets a worthy end. thumb up

riv6672

ShadowFyre
Did yall know there was a rambo script where he had to hunt down bigfoot? Or some genetically altered supersoldier? Not making this up. Its been like 10 years since I read about that but im gonna see if i can find it for you guys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/movieweb.com/amp/rambo-5-monster-fight-original-script/

There ya go

This is what could have been

Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, I think I remember hearing something about that.

And I think I also read that the plan was to separate it from the Rambo association and make it an original film. Which I think would be awesome.

Patient_Leech
Watched the trailer. Looks like it should be good.

Do I sense a Home Alone element going on there, with some traps set? That should be awesome.

Robtard
The first film is really good and I enjoyed the fourth, so I'll likely watch this in the theater on a Sunday matinee, as I'm assuming Rambo will retire via death in this.

jaden_2.0
They must've missed out the movie where Rambo gives himself bad plastic surgery with his bowie knife, a fishing hook and some thread.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
The first film is really good and I enjoyed the fourth, so I'll likely watch this in the theater on a Sunday matinee, as I'm assuming Rambo will retire via death in this.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a particular memorable demise.

ShadowFyre
In sure it will be. I kinda hope they dont ever reboot the franchise though. Some things should be held sacred and left as they were.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
sure it will be. I kinda hope they dont ever reboot the franchise though. Some things should be held sacred and left as they were.

Whatever. I don't care if they do reboot it at some point. I just want to see this series brought to a relatively satisfying and boisterous conclusion.

riv6672
Yeah one step at a time.

I mean Robert Pattinson is busy w. Batman right now.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, he'll be perfect for the Rambo reboot, too! laughing out loud

Actually I think I remember hearing Sly mentioning Ryan Gosling. I mean the stoic acting chops are definitely there, but I doubt he could match Sly's physique.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Tf is the Charlie Sheen thing from?

juggerman
Old Mambo eek!

Patient_Leech
Weird Al from UHF has a great Rambo spoof. It's amazing..

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/uhf_rambo.jpg

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Hot Shots! Part Deux

Comedy that parodied the first 3 Rambo movies.

riv6672
Seriously?

Darth Thor

riv6672
Taking steds(sp) and doing drugs ate two different things though.

A lot of actors use chemicals to prep for roles.
My point was, i cant see Gosling bulking up to Rambo level, but its not impossible.

Darth Thor

My point was, i cant see Gosling bulking up to Rambo level, but its not impossible.

Hes already pretty built tbh. But seems the natural kind.

Youre right though, a lot of Hollywood types inject themselves with something (not necessarily steds). Naturals dont just transform in a matter of months.

riv6672

Flyattractor
Rambo brings the Pain In Texas... Deff want to see this movie.

StiltmanFTW

thumb up

steverules_2

riv6672
Good catch!

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hes already pretty built tbh. But seems the natural kind.

Youre right though, a lot of Hollywood types inject themselves with something (not necessarily steds). Naturals dont just transform in a matter of months.

Gosling could easily bulk up some and utterly shred himself out in 6months or less using the trainers/techniques Hollywood uses.

Darth Thor
Gosling could easily bulk up some and utterly shred himself out in 6months or less using the trainers/techniques Hollywood uses.

And the injections stick out tongue

But like I said, Gosling is already like 80% there. So yeah he definitely could.

StiltmanFTW
Rambo kills Darth Thor in this one.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor
And the injections stick out tongue

But like I said, Gosling is already like 80% there. So yeah he definitely could.

That likely is part of it

Putinbot1
1,2 and 4 were great, 3 is a great example of film as propaganda like Rocky 4. Can't wait for this tbh.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Rambo kills Darth Thor in this one.

Hey! Its not my fault Hulk is a cripple now. Dont take it out on me Stilt mad

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Putinbot1
1,2 and 4 were great, 3 is a great example of film as propaganda like Rocky 4. Can't wait for this tbh.

Lol, everyone hates on 3 for some reason. I still like it despite some goofiness. Yeah, I'm psyched for this, been lookking forward to it for a long time... thumb up

It was back in January 2016 that Stallone claimed to be retiring as Rambo. We had another topic on the subject...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=476263&pagenumber=7

riv6672
Rambo 3 was awesome.
It was a great adventure movie, as opposed to the first two that were heavy w. pathos.

Inhuman
Ive enjoyed all the Rambo movies so ill watch this one thumb up

Patient_Leech
Hm.. this sounds as if Rambo lives. erm

Stallone says he's willing to do more. Personally, if you're going to call it 'Last Blood' I'd rather just see it end in a blaze of glory.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3567319/stallone-admits-rambo-last-blood-well-hed-love-continue-making/

StiltmanFTW
Rambo went through such hell, he deserves a happy ending.

Unlike great many others.

Patient_Leech
Nah, I prefer the "live by the sword, die by the sword" method.

StiltmanFTW
Rambo is immortal and indestructible. It is known to every fan of the franchise.

Die, infidel.

quanchi112
Looks good.

Robtard
Lol, everyone hates on 3 for some reason.

fz8vUtXvsds

That and Rambo is allies with Muslim Extremist Terrorist smile

Jeena
For all fans of Rambo 5 Last Blood Movie Jacket of Sylvester Stallone I have a good news for them yes you can buy Last Blood inspired jacket from jacketsinn dot com with free shipping also you can tailor this jacket as per your custom size.

Patient_Leech
I'm in the process of re-watching all the Rambo films in preparation for Rambo 5.

I had forgotten how good the first film was. It had been many years since I saw it. It's great.

Pretty psyched for the new one.

Patient_Leech
Oh shit, it looks like Bollywood is working on a reboot of Rambo? Haha... that actually will probably hilariously awesome. I'll have to look out for that..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6912162/?ref_=tt_sims_tt

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/k0dFrzU5zPQ/maxresdefault.jpg

riv6672
lol, oh geez...! laughing

Putinbot1
I'm in the process of re-watching all the Rambo films in preparation for Rambo 5.

I had forgotten how good the first film was. It had been many years since I saw it. It's great.

Pretty psyched for the new one. The first film is a masterpiece.

Patient_Leech
The first film is a masterpiece.

It indeed is.

I've avoided watching many trailers for this new one. I watched the little teaser that came out several months ago, but no full trailers. I can't wait.

Robtard
Stallone has a few very decent roles/films in his earlier years. eg Rocky, great film and a solid performance.

BrolyBlack
Hopefully he does in this one and we can call it a wrap

Putinbot1
Stallone has a few very decent roles/films in his earlier years. eg Rocky, great film and a solid performance. and some later, copland, cliffhanger.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Hopefully he does in this one and we can call it a wrap thumb up Agreed!

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I liked Copland. Cliffhanger is a classic.

I even like his Judge Dredd.. lol

BrolyBlack
*dies

riv6672
Stallone has a few very decent roles/films in his earlier years.

...Judge Dredd..

God bless you both! laughing

Patient_Leech
I got tix for this Tuesday night. Psyched.

Been anticipating it for years and years. Shit, the last one was 2008.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Haha.. some reviews are rolling in on RT. It's hard to tell the positive reviews from the negative ones... they all sound good to me... laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW

riv6672

Inhuman
Sadly, the world is too pussyfied now a days for these type of movies to succeed or even be made anymore.

Robtard
and some later, copland, cliffhanger.
Ah, forgot about Copland, that was enjoyable.

Can't recall Cliffhanger too well. I think I only saw parts. Will have to add it to my Plex and have a watch.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Copland was surprisingly good. It would be good for me to revisit it.

Cliffhanger is classic cheese. Hard to beat John Lithgow as the villain. thumb up

riv6672
True. Stallone was pretty by the numbers in the movie, nothing inspired or bad in any way, but Lithgow was the draw for me.

BruceSkywalker
so.. does rambo die

steverules_2
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so.. does rambo die

He did in an alternate ending for first blood

Esau Cairn
Read a small article this morning on how Stallone hated First Blood.
He wanted every copy of the film destroyed before it hit the cinemas.

He was worried about his character attacking his own country.
Fortunately with additional editing his character came across as the victim & not the villain.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Fortunately with additional editing his character came across as the victim & not the villain.

Hm.. I didn't know that. Yeah, I think the cops were portrayed as big enough d!cks to make Rambo the victim. thumb up

Some more amusing RT quotes...

laughing out loud

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by steverules_2
He did in an alternate ending for first blood

IMO, that scrapped ending where Rambo kills himself would have been way better than the one they went with. It would have meshed with the narrative better.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
IMO, that scrapped ending where Rambo kills himself would have been way better than the one they went with. It would have meshed with the narrative better.

Well sure. But then we wouldn't have a bloody and awesome franchise into the year 2019! Happy Dance

Robtard
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Interesting, as the entire premise of the film is about a guy who fought and killed for his country, then gets abused by a bunch of bigoted dicks. A shout-out to the abuse many Vietnam vets received when they returned home. This starts with the opening scene.

Do wonder how much they edited then if they original film portrayed Rambo as the villain.

dadudemon
I got tix for this Tuesday night. Psyched.

Been anticipating it for years and years. Shit, the last one was 2008.

Next Tuesday?

steverules_2

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by dadudemon
Next Tuesday?

The Tuesday after the weekend premiere. A couple of my local cinemas have $5.40 tickets on Tuesdays. Doesn't matter what movie or time or anything.

Esau Cairn
then gets abused by a bunch of bigoted dicks. A shout-out to the abuse many Vietnam vets received when they returned home. This starts with the opening scene.

Yup but besides the abusive bigoted law enforcement, Rambo further fights with the State Police & then The National Guard.
Stallone was worried that visually he was literally fighting Americans on American soil, regardless of the reasons why.

BruceSkywalker
The Tuesday after the weekend premiere. A couple of my local cinemas have $5.40 tickets on Tuesdays. Doesn't matter what movie or time or anything.

just spoil it for us lol..

dadudemon

I'm just waiting for one of you to post a real review. At least with Robtard, you, Bruce, Surtur, I know what to expect and what you like.

As I get older, I dislike "cinema pundits." It's better to read reviews from people you know.

Edit - for example, if Robtard sees this and says it is amazing, mindless, fun, I will round my brothers up and see it.

wakkawakkawakka
Well I just saw the movie and I had fun though it is pretty slow for a Rambo movie. Without giving too much away most of the Rambo stuff takes place in the 3rd act of the film.

So the premise of the film is first a rescue mission where Rambo tries to save his niece from the Mexican drug cartel. The reason why they are in Mexico is because the niece character is looking for answers for why her dad abandoned her and her mother: in reality it was a setup by her old friend who sells her out to the cartel. Once Rambo catches wind thatbhis niece is missing he goes after her but is put down by the cartel. Maybe it was because he was just looking for his niece and due to border patrol, but Rambo was not prepared at all.

From here the movie slows down which result in a well shot but sad scene. Then there's the third act which is "Home Alone Rambo Edition" where all the gruesome kills come in.

I'm skipping over details though I enjoyed the movie overall. With the reviews out now I don't know where the whining ends and the criticism begins. It's weird.

Oliver Brown
I think this will be the last movie of the Rambo series, Because in the novel the Rambo dies in the last But I don't think Stallone will end up like this.

Let's see what happens in the end.

riv6672

dadudemon
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well I just saw the movie and I had fun though it is pretty slow for a Rambo movie. Without giving too much away most of the Rambo stuff takes place in the 3rd act of the film.

So the premise of the film is first a rescue mission where Rambo tries to save his niece from the Mexican drug cartel. The reason why they are in Mexico is because the niece character is looking for answers for why her dad abandoned her and her mother: in reality it was a setup by her old friend who sells her out to the cartel. Once Rambo catches wind thatbhis niece is missing he goes after her but is put down by the cartel. Maybe it was because he was just looking for his niece and due to border patrol, but Rambo was not prepared at all.

From here the movie slows down which result in a well shot but sad scene. Then there's the third act which is "Home Alone Rambo Edition" where all the gruesome kills come in.

I'm skipping over details though I enjoyed the movie overall. With the reviews out now I don't know where the whining ends and the criticism begins. It's weird.

Thanks for the review. thumb up

Putinbot1
Bad film saw it tonight. Deathwish meets Taken, nasty and depressing

http://imgur.com/a/2VQ6H1P saw it in crappy 4dx too with shitty dry ice and moving seats.

Putinbot1
Bad film saw it tonight. Deathwish meets Taken, nasty and depressingOriginally posted by BruceSkywalker
just spoil it for us lol.. http://imgur.com/a/gXa4tvF
http://imgur.com/a/2VQ6H1P saw it in crappy 4dx too with shitty dry ice and moving seats

cdtm
Bad film saw it tonight. Deathwish meets Taken, nasty and depressing http://imgur.com/a/gXa4tvF
http://imgur.com/a/2VQ6H1P saw it in crappy 4dx too with shitty dry ice and moving seats

Pretty sad when even Sly can't recapture that 80's magic. Been noticing just about everyone seems to have forgotten what made those movies fun, especially the people who actually made them.

Or is the problem that the Lucas's, Spielberg's, and Ridley Scott's were only really good at taking credit for other people's work, and none of those talented artists and writers are working anymore?

riv6672

Putinbot1
Originally posted by cdtm
Pretty sad when even Sly can't recapture that 80's magic. Been noticing just about everyone seems to have forgotten what made those movies fun, especially the people who actually made them.

Or is the problem that the Lucas's, Spielberg's, and Ridley Scott's were only really good at taking credit for other people's work, and none of those talented artists and writers are working anymore? I think everything has to be nasty and dark now. That's why angel has fallen was so good, the hero is basically a good guy who takes no pleasure in killing. The decline in interest each of the John Wick films provided for me underlines how bored with hyper violence I have become. When its constant like a video game, death becomes meaningless and all the fun is sucked out. It's like films like straw dogs and death wish set the tone, both great films at the time but both films that really aren't ones anyone sane can call a favourite. -Rant over!

Putinbot1
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/rambo-last-blood-sylvester-stallone-creator-hates-david-morrell-reviews-trailer-a9115261.html

Patient_Leech
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/rambo-last-blood-sylvester-stallone-creator-hates-david-morrell-reviews-trailer-a9115261.html

Ouch.

I'm surprised you liked 4, then, Puty...

StiltmanFTW
Bad film saw it tonight.

*avoided spoilers successfully*

Wait a sec, Whirly... you're saying this one is the worst Rambo film? sad

Oh, man... I hope that's not the case...

StiltmanFTW
Still gonna see it... in a few days, I think...

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I don't really expect it to be better than Rambo III, which is definitely my favorite sequel.

But I'm still greatly looking forward to it as an eventful theater experience. thumb up

Putinbot1
@PL 4 was not bad my friend.

@Stilt, this film is beyond bad.

Robtard
Bad film saw it tonight. Deathwish meets Taken, nasty and depressing http://imgur.com/a/gXa4tvF

That's too bad, especially since 4 was good.

Legit laughed at the gif, nice.

carthage

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I like Puty-bot and all, but I'm not going to take his word for it.

I'm definitely going to check it out for myself. At worst I support more R-rated action films. *shrug*

Audience score on RT is at 85%. That's not so bad.

eThneoLgrRnae
Stallone is easily one of my favorite actors of all-time but his Rambo movies weren't the all that great to me (with the exception of First Blood which was awesome). I thoroughly enjoyed just about all of his other movies though. Cobra, Cliffhanger, Over the Top, Lock-Up, etc... and of course every single one of the Rocky movies (4 was my fave). I will eventually see this movie of course but don't have very high hopes for it as all of the other sequels were subpar for me.

riv6672

Putinbot1
That's too bad, especially since 4 was good.

Legit laughed at the gif, nice. the only people in the cinema apart from me and the Mrs were 40 year old + engineers from Europe. Don't think Rambo is popular in Nigeria tbh.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
I just got back.

It's trash. Total trash, so I can completely understand the poor reviews. No surprise there. But I still had fun with it. I have my gripes (mainly that it's pretty derivative, very Taken meets R-rated Home Alone, haha), but it's a decent send-off to the character. And it's pretty well crafted for trash and is quick to the point. It's very different from any of the other Rambo films. But it was certainly a memorable theater experience. I laughed and cried and had fun. I'm glad I avoided trailers, cause as always they show everything. I went in pretty blind, so that was great. Ultimately I think the 3rd film is still my favorite sequel, but what they did with the story considering Stallone's advanced age, it worked surprisingly well.

Some of my gripes...

1. I wanted to see the exploding arrows again. I mean c'mon! Just one or two of them blowing up the fu#kers! That would have been nice for some nostalgia. 2. The big crew of idiots trying to hunt him at the end were just too stupid to fall into every trap. They should have known to back off a bit after one or two booby traps and try to smoke him out. So that whole sequence could have been handled a little more intelligently. And 3. I still feel like Rambo needed to meet his end. A memorable end, but an end. It could have been so much more of a dramatic and climactic punctuation to the character. There's no reason to try for more sequels at this point.

riv6672

Surtur
Last Blood? How about: Last Rambo.

Putinbot1
I just got back.

It's trash. Total trash, so I can completely understand the poor reviews. No surprise there. But I still had fun with it. I have my gripes (mainly that it's pretty derivative, very Taken meets R-rated Home Alone, haha), but it's a decent send-off to the character. And it's pretty well crafted for trash and is quick to the point. It's very different from any of the other Rambo films. But it was certainly a memorable theater experience. I laughed and cried and had fun. I'm glad I avoided trailers, cause as always they show everything. I went in pretty blind, so that was great. Ultimately I think the 3rd film is still my favorite sequel, but what they did with the story considering Stallone's advanced age, it worked surprisingly well.

Some of my gripes...

1. I wanted to see the exploding arrows again. I mean c'mon! Just one or two of them blowing up the fu#kers! That would have been nice for some nostalgia. 2. The big crew of idiots trying to hunt him at the end were just too stupid to fall into every trap. They should have known to back off a bit after one or two booby traps and try to smoke him out. So that whole sequence could have been handled a little more intelligently. And 3. I still feel like Rambo needed to meet his end. A memorable end, but an end. It could have been so much more of a dramatic and climactic punctuation to the character. There's no reason to try for more sequels at this point. Agree on all counts.

Putinbot1
I just got back.

Some of my gripes...

1. I wanted to see the exploding arrows again. I mean c'mon! Just one or two of them blowing up the fu#kers! That would have been nice for some nostalgia. 2. The big crew of idiots trying to hunt him at the end were just too stupid to fall into every trap. They should have known to back off a bit after one or two booby traps and try to smoke him out. So that whole sequence could have been handled a little more intelligently. And 3. I still feel like Rambo needed to meet his end. A memorable end, but an end. It could have been so much more of a dramatic and climactic punctuation to the character. There's no reason to try for more sequels at this point. Agree on all counts.

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
Last Blood? How about: Last Rambo.
Yes please.

BrolyBlack
Did Rambo die yet?

Surtur
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Did Rambo die yet?

Nah and at this rate it is clear he never will die until Stallone dies. Just like Terminator will never be dead until Arnold dies and Indiana Jones will never die until Ford dies.

Actually scratch that, even when Stallone dies I'm sure we'll have Rambo prequels. I'm shocked we already don't have a "Rambo during Vietnam" prequel being cobbled together.

Patient_Leech
^ Spoilers. Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag. Yeah, he doesn't die.

That's one of my big complaints with this film is they should have just ended it. Stallone is 73 years old for Christ sakes. They were holding back a little bit because they kept him alive. I think they should have gone ALL OUT and ended it. Let Rambo meet his end. They should have brought it around full circle... gotten the police involved again (just like the original film) and let Rambo have a memorable and epic death.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
I think I heard in some special features that the prequel idea in 'Nam was considered.

It might still happen eventually. I'd be okay with that.

riv6672
Same.
Now, who oh WHO could play a young Stallone playing a young Rambo?

Inhuman
Same.
Now, who oh WHO could play a young Stallone playing a young Rambo?

Ryan Gosling with long hair dyed black

riv6672

Flyattractor
Darn. Was hoping for some good old Classic

https://blog.chron.com/tubular/files/2015/02/rambo.gif

Heck.. I woujld have been happy even with this...

https://media.giphy.com/media/SKx5wt0wcVRrG/giphy.gif

Patient_Leech
^ I love the UHF spoof thumb up

Flyattractor
The Conan the Librarian was pretty good too.

https://jessicazoe1.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/conan-the-librarian-o.gif

SquallX

riv6672

Patient_Leech

SquallX

StiltmanFTW
Saw it. Loved it.

F*ck the haters stick out tongue

riv6672
^^^LOL!

desiboy7599
Is bwcinema.com a scam? Did anyone watched movies from there?

Patient_Leech
I should watch this again. Although the premise was great, I was somewhat disappointed with the execution the first time I saw it.

StiltmanFTW
I loved all Rambo films.

This one was no exception.

Rambo has a healing factor, he'll be back in Last Blood II.

BruceSkywalker
is this worth a watch

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
is this worth a watch

Yes, it is.

There is also the extended cut, but I haven't seen it.

BruceSkywalker

Patient_Leech
I recently saw that there's an extended cut on Amazon Prime. This intrigues me. Maybe it'll be improved. I doubt it'll fix some of my main complaints, but we'll see...

Robtard
I watched the recut version of Batman Vs Superman a couple days ago for the first time, while it did improve the film some due to better flow, the film still suffered from a dirty ass storyline/plot and having the worst possible Lex Luthor imaginable.

What I'm saying is no amount of cutting is going to fix Rambo: Last Blood cos it's dirty ass at it's core.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.