Virginia Beach: Mass Shooting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Thor
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48481814

11 dead, 6 injured.

Crappy world we live in nowadays.

Bashar Teg
Thoughts and prayers, dis not time to talk gun control, herp derp etc

-kV-
Another day in the life of America. Nothing will be done because stupid ****s need to be like, "Hurr durr muh gunsss. Muh Second Amendment."

Patient_Leech
Yep, muh guns are awesome and don't forget... gun free zones are all to blame.

The sad thing is shootings happen all the time, but only higher casualty counts make national or international news.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Darth Thor

11 dead, 6 injured.

https://pics.me.me/you-gotta-pump-those-numbers-up-those-are-rookie-numbers-30070070.png

Patient_Leech
Prayer is not a recommendation from any respectable medical science. How about some decent health care coverage instead of your useless fu#king prayers?

BrolyBlack
A disgruntled city employee iow a radical leftist.

Bashar Teg
yeah it's a lefty thing. Keep coping super hard while sucking your guns

eThneoLgrRnae
Damn... used to be stationed in that area (Norfolk Naval base) while I was serving in military. So many dead. It's sad, but even sadder is that the bodies aren't even cold yet and some people are already polticizing it, screaming for more gun control and blaming law-abiding gun-owners for the actions of some psycho. No doubt they'll be blaming the NRA again shortly as well.

Bashar Teg
^^Same old schtick. But you forgot your thoughts and prayers. That would really help a lot, like it always does. Please don't forget to think super-hard and pray to your magical sky wizard. Please?

Patient_Leech
Right, so after how many incidents like this is it okay to start politicizing it?

Please, tell us. What is the magic number?

If you ask me, one incident is already too many. But here in the States it's becoming a goddamn common occurrence. We're jaded.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
^^Same old schtick. But you forgot your thoughts and prayers. That would really help a lot, like it always does. Please don't forget to think super-hard and pray to your magical sky wizard. Please?

What should be done?

TempAccount
Awful.

If only they were armed they would have been able to shoot back.

BrolyBlack
yup

Silent Master
We should just ban killing people, problem solved.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

^^Same old schtick, indeed. Get used to it. A shooting happens and before the bodies even get cold idiots like you blame law-abiding gun owners instead of the person who actually did it. When are dummies like you gonna get thru your thick skulls that the 2nd amendment is here to stay? Doesn't matter if these mass shootings started happening every single day, dude. So yeah, get used to the "same old shtick." Our right to bear arms is the most important of all of our rights (except for the inalienable right to life, liberty, & pursuit of happiness) because it protects all the rest of them. The actions of some psycho who goes on a rampage doesn't chgange that fact even if it happened every day.

As long as hypocrites like you don't care about the almost 1000 of unborn children murdered in their mother's wombs every single f***in' day in this country it's hard for me to take your fake outrage seriously when a mass shooting happens. You, and other leftists like you don't give a shit about innocent lives so quit f***in' pretending like you do.

It's sad that these people in VA were killed but it's even more sad than many many more people who have never even been able to experience life are killed in the womb because some tramp and some lowlife loser screwed-up and later decided it's ok to kill the child who never asked to be conceived because they don't wanna be inconvenienced by their f***-up that was caused by their own irresponsible behavior.

Flyattractor
Yeah. The Fascits Leftists of this board love to stand on the bodies of the still warm victims to Cry about How they know how to Fix the Problem.

I bet it will be revealed that Drugs and Alchohol played a part in this...and THEY Have No Prob with people having all the access to that stuff.

Oh and Before you can say it Basy.

You appear to have let it slip which state you live in...and it appears that WEED is Still ILLEGAL in that state. so Before You go calling OTHErS a DRUG ADDICTS, I suggest you go look in the Hypocrite Mirror.

Adam_PoE

Flyattractor
Funny how Adam is Ok with Chopped up Babies , seeing as how he brings it up all the time.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TempAccount
Awful.

If only they were armed they would have been able to shoot back.

Yeah we should arm everyone. Then we will obviously all be safe.

And I wouldnt have to worry about my wife or niece getting shot by some random who feels like they looked at them wrong, because they would be totally safe with that pistol in their purse.

mike brown
Originally posted by -kV-
Another day in the life of America. Nothing will be done because stupid ****s need to be like, "Hurr durr muh gunsss. Muh Second Amendment." yeah... Dumb Americans clinging to their pesky bill of Rights

snowdragon
Sounds like the BEST time to talk about mental health awareness.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by mike brown
yeah... Dumb Americans clinging to their pesky bill of Rights With a President who is a above the law...

BrolyBlack
Trump has your jimmies rustled

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Putinbot1
With a President who is a above the law...

roll eyes (sarcastic) Sure he is.What law has he broken, snowflake? I want actual proof, not just accusations or speculation of what he "might've done."

MythLord
I've grown numb to this sort of news at this point.

cdtm
Originally posted by snowdragon
Sounds like the BEST time to talk about mental health awareness.

It's always a good time to talk about that, tbh.

But how can we talk about anything here, until we know something about the shooter? We don't even know how he obtained his weapon, let alone whether he has a history of mental illness.

How is a talk about gun regulations appropriate for a man that, possibly, was illegally carrying a gun in the first place?

mike brown
Honestly I don't see a clear answer to this mass shooting shit... Whether it's guns or mental illness you address... Both approaches will fall short of an actual solution cause there really isn't one... Imo

Surtur
40 people shot over memorial day weekend here in Chicago, 5 dead.

No thread for it.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur

No thread for it.

They'll just say that that's somehow different because it's gang violence. It also doesn't fit their narrative that outlawing guns would make everyone safer since Chicago already banned guns didn't they? Yet still 40 people shot over the weekend? Yeah, that doesn't help their "take away all guns to make everyone safer" argument at all.

Surtur
This is indeed awful, but it seems some here just pounced before the facts were out. Do we know how this person got their gun? If they got the gun legally, did they have a history of mental illness that was documented in the past and was not taken into account? Did he have a prior criminal record? Was the gun purchased illegally?

eThneoLgrRnae
This is indeed awful, but it seems some here just pounced before the facts were out. Do we know how this person got their gun? If they got the gun legally, did they have a history of mental illness that was documented in the past and was not taken into account? Did he have a prior criminal record? Was the gun purchased illegally?

It's obvious they don't care about all those silly details. They just wanna keep pushing the "guns are horrible!" and "NRA are terrorists!" bs narrative.

Surtur
Scenario: someone with no criminal history who passes a mental health screening legally buys a handgun. 6 months later he walks into work and shoots up the place.*

What could have stopped this? What new laws would make a difference?

*I am not saying this is the case here, it is just an example.

Flyattractor

And I wouldnt have to worry about my wife or niece getting shot by some random who feels like they looked at them wrong, because they would be totally safe with that pistol in their purse.

What we should really do is ban booze and drugs. Cause most shooters have to get High first.

cdtm

If combined with mandatory training, an armed populace isn't a bad idea.

Israel is a good example.of this. Because of their mandatory military service and armed population of competent gun owners, when they have a public shooting, it doesn't get very far. One particular incident happened in a school, and someone on a roof top sniped him before he could shoot more then a few people.

Flyattractor
But School is HARD!!!!!!! hahah! I laugh at that... cause I took the Gun Safety Courses when I was a kid so I laugh at those that say it is.

TempAccount
Originally posted by cdtm
If combined with mandatory training, an armed populace isn't a bad idea.

Israel is a good example.of this. Because of their mandatory military service and armed population of competent gun owners, when they have a public shooting, it doesn't get very far. One particular incident happened in a school, and someone on a roof top sniped him before he could shoot more then a few people. Switzerland as well.

I'd propose that only those who have served in some branch of the armed forces / law enforcement are allowed to purchase firearms.

If not this, civilians must be required to complete rigorous training / mental health checks.

In Japan, those who have guns must trade in their empty magazines to acquire new ammunition. Not a bad idea.

Flyattractor
Nope. Its all a Crock of Shit. The Left will just keep changing the rules to push their own narratives and fascist pursuits.

Silent Master
I'll give up my guns when all the politicians, celebrities etc give up theirs(including armed security).

Flyattractor
But THEY deserve to be Protected... You Do NOT have the Same Rights as THEM!

Surtur
So it's been revealed the dude used a legally purchased handgun.

His name is DeWayne Craddock and I was wondering why I wasn't seeing his photo that much, then I found one and understood why...

Flyattractor
Lemme Guess.. Did he have a certain SKIN CONDITION known as THE NOT WHITES!?

Surtur
His skin color hasn't been focused on, he hasn't been immediately labeled an incel...strange!

What will be funny is the laundry list of excuses we'll see trotted out as to why this is lol. Oh they're gonna be amusing, I wonder who will take a crack at it first?

Adam_PoE

No thread for it.

I noticed you did not create a thread for it either.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
They'll just say that that's somehow different because it's gang violence. It also doesn't fit their narrative that outlawing guns would make everyone safer since Chicago already banned guns didn't they? Yet still 40 people shot over the weekend? Yeah, that doesn't help their "take away all guns to make everyone safer" argument at all.

Because people simply buy guns in Indiana, where there are lax gun regulations, and then cross the border into Chicago.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Silent Master
I'll give up my guns when all the politicians, celebrities etc give up theirs(including armed security).

I wouldn't.

We'd just create a large population of disarmed law-abiding citizens. Meanwhile, criminals would still have guns.

cdtm
So it's been revealed the dude used a legally purchased handgun.

His name is DeWayne Craddock and I was wondering why I wasn't seeing his photo that much, then I found one and understood why...

The same reason democrats couldn't accept Harvey Weinstein is pro-choice, I'd imagine.

Being a sexual predator who preys on women does not compute with accepted narratives of who supports woman's rights. By the same token, gun regulation talks revolve around an assumption about who the gun nuts are. Which are of course aging conservative caucasians, in that order.

Virtually everything has to pass the US political filter, no matter the topic. Anything that muddies the "us vs them" waters gets downplayed/ignored.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Right, so after how many incidents like this is it okay to start politicizing it?

Please, tell us. What is the magic number?

If you ask me, one incident is already too many. But here in the States it's becoming a goddamn common occurrence. We're jaded.

That's the strategy, we can't discuss new gun control/legislation while the bodies are still warm or else you're a shitlord and another mass shooting happens before the bodies cool, so the cycle starts over, perpetually.

The one thing you can discuss while the bodies are still warm and not be a shitlord is shouting "we need more guns and even less strict gun laws."

Silent Master
Originally posted by dadudemon
I wouldn't.

We'd just create a large population of disarmed law-abiding citizens. Meanwhile, criminals would still have guns.

They'll never give up their guns, so it'll never be an issue.

dadudemon
They'll never give up their guns, so it'll never be an issue.

If you could form a political party that matched your ideals, what would you call that party?

This is relevant. No, it is not a gotcha question.

Silent Master
Originally posted by dadudemon
If you could form a political party that matched your ideals, what would you call that party?

This is relevant. No, it is not a gotcha question.

Sanity.

If you have any questions about specific issues, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Flyattractor
Why do I doubt that....

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Because people simply buy guns in Indiana, where there are lax gun regulations, and then cross the border into Chicago.

Maybe we should just make it Illegal for People of Color to travel outside of Illinois.

Just to Protect them of course.

eek!

dadudemon
Sanity.

If you have any questions about specific issues, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

What do we do about the following (I like to talk about problems and solutions):

1. College Tuition and Trade School Tuition costs going through the roof.

2. Most expensive healthcare in the world.

3. Lobbyists and lobbying corruption.

4. Super PACs.

5. Gerrymandering.

6. Roe v. Wade

7. All Foreign Wars.

8. Foreign Aide.

9. Universal Healthcare/Single Payer options.

10. Gun rights.

11. Black Violence (how do we solve this massive problem)

12. Affirmative Action

I could go on.

Silent Master

Loans are way too easy to get and too many kids view it as free money, which means the schools can just keep raising the prices as much as they want.

Not sure how to fix the problem

&
4. Super PACs.

For the most part, Get rid of them.

5. Gerrymandering.

If kept, it should be done by bi-partisan groups. with oversight to keep corruption down.

6. Roe v. Wade

I think abortion is overused, but it should be an option.

7. All Foreign Wars.

We should stay out of Foreign affairs unless asked first and even then it should be done on a case by case basis

8. Foreign Aide.

Most of it should be stopped, Other than humanitarian aid.

Don't trust the government to run it effectively.

10. Gun rights.

Against banning guns, but agree with reasonable restrictions

Education and financial opportunity.

12. Affirmative Action

Was needed at the time, but probably needs to be examined and updated

Flyattractor
We should just kill all politicians. Its the only way to solve this....better toss in all lawyers as well...just to be sure.

dadudemon

Loans are way too easy to get and too many kids view it as free money, which means the schools can just keep raising the prices as much as they want.

Not sure how to fix the problem

&
4. Super PACs.

For the most part, Get rid of them.

5. Gerrymandering.

If kept, it should be done by bi-partisan groups. with oversight to keep corruption down.

6. Roe v. Wade

I think abortion is overused, but it should be an option.

7. All Foreign Wars.

We should stay out of Foreign affairs unless asked first and even then it should be done on a case by case basis

8. Foreign Aide.

Most of it should be stopped, Other than humanitarian aid.

Don't trust the government to run it effectively.

10. Gun rights.

Against banning guns, but agree with reasonable restrictions

Education and financial opportunity.

12. Affirmative Action

Was needed at the time, but probably needs to be examined and updated

That's a whole lotta honesty. We really should have a thread dedicated to the top issues and have everyone respond like you have. Cut through all the partisan BS that goes on this in this forum.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Of the items you responded on, I agree with:

1 - somewhat
3 and 4 - agree
5 - one of multiple options I think will work
6 - agree
7 - agree
8 - agree
10 - agree
11 - agree somewhat, depends
12 - agree

Surtur
So the guns were purchased legally, they were handguns, the guy wasn't white, and he wasn't a trump supporter so they had to target something, the new enemy: silencers.

Silent Master
They're targeting silencers?

Surtur
Well they use the term "suppressor". The first shot(heh) seems to have been fired by the WaPo with an op-ed by a former homeland security official calling for a ban, pointing out they are still legal in 42 states.

But there are other media outlets covering the "did a suppressor make a difference?!" angle.

Silent Master
Great, more people that get their gun knowledge from games, tv and movies.

Surtur
I didn't link the wapo article cuz sometimes people here can't access it, but here it is in case people are able to do so:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/06/01/why-shooting-virginia-beach-sets-an-ominous-precedent/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.09ebbfe47781

And if you google "virginia shooting suppressors" you will see the usual suspects in the left leaning media show up real quick lol. Though those aren't the only places talking about it.

But yeah in the article it's essentially boiled down to "we need more sound so people can hear the gunfire and run".

Robtard
Googled "virginia shooting suppressors", seems Trump does not like gun silencers.

Surtur
And?

Robtard

Surtur
I'm asking if you have a point. You clearly mentioned it for a reason.

Robtard
Because it's topical.

TempAccount
lol my experience with firearms is limited to videogames, but I at least know that suppressors IRL barely reduce the decibels emitted upon firing. They're mainly in place to protect the hearing of the person shooting; not for stealth ninja mode lol.

Surtur
Originally posted by TempAccount
lol my experience with firearms is limited to videogames, but I at least know that suppressors IRL barely reduce the decibels emitted upon firing. They're mainly in place to protect the hearing of the person shooting; not for stealth ninja mode lol.

Yep, this was pointed out during the last silencer scare which happened around the time of a Las Vegas shooting. It wasn't that silencers were used in that shooting, rather there was a Republican trying to get a "Hearing Protection Act" passed around the same time and of course people jumped on the shooting as a reason to oppose it, claiming the shooting would have been worse if silencers had been used(this is a lie).

mike brown
This is indeed awful, but it seems some here just pounced before the facts were out. Do we know how this person got their gun? If they got the gun legally, did they have a history of mental illness that was documented in the past and was not taken into account? Did he have a prior criminal record? Was the gun purchased illegally? TBH the previous posts in this thread seemed more geared towards banning guns in general than just clamping down on illegal guns... And I don't agree with that... Be but let's be completely honest... Even if the shooter got his guns legally that also wouldn't change your opinion on gun control. Since there have been other mass shooters who haven't had to buy their guns illegally so if that made the key difference your opinion would have already been changed.

This is the problem with the gun debate in America... Both sides are fundamentally full of shit.

Surtur
Originally posted by mike brown
TBH the previous posts in this thread seemed more geared towards banning guns in general than just clamping down on illegal guns... And I don't agree with that... Be but let's be completely honest... Even if the shooter got his guns legally that also wouldn't change your opinion on gun control. Since there have been other mass shooters who haven't had to buy their guns illegally so if that made the key difference your opinion would have already been changed.

This is the problem with the gun debate in America... Both sides are fundamentally full of shit.

The point in bringing up the legality of the guns is to see if there is legit anything to be done or to see if it's just some dumb tools screaming about guns like they always do.

If you have a situation with someone with no criminal record or history of mental illness buying a gun legally and killing folk I'm sorry to say Nah: there ain't much we can do short of banning guns in general and mass gun confiscations.

If the gun was bought legally, but the proper procedures were not followed this is also important. These facts are important for anyone to know before, like fools, they just do the cliche "herpity derpity only in the USA guys!".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.