Dr. Strange vs. Voldemort

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Both at their peak.

Two scenarios to consider:

1) Strange does not use the Time Gem (same as in his battle with Thanos)

2) Strange decides to use the Time Gem

Who wins?

Impediment
Strange shit stomps in both.

Eon Blue
Strange wins.

KingD19
Strange saw 14,000,605 scenarios. And only 1 of them where he loses. By forfeiting out of pity.

BruceSkywalker
The good doctor takes care of business

riv6672
Originally posted by Impediment
Strange shit stomps in both.

NotAllThatEvil
Voldemort probably wins

KingD19
Okay I know you're trolling now.

NotAllThatEvil
Am I? Voldemort has more mobility, range, and arguably more raw power. Without the time stone, what does strange really do?

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by KingD19
Strange saw 14,000,605 scenarios. And only 1 of them where he loses. By forfeiting out of pity.

laughing out loud

KingD19
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Am I? Voldemort has more mobility, range, and arguably more raw power. Without the time stone, what does strange really do?

If both can fly and teleport, BUT strange can hover around and maneuver with his Cape while Voldemort can only fly as a cloud, which has more mobility?

What's Voldemorts range? Strange can create water vortexes hundreds of feet high, shoot beams of energy, and can teleport interstellar distances.

As for raw power, none of Voldemorts spells is at a level where Strange would be threatened. Even Fiendfyre is easily done away with in multiple ways. And AK can be blocked by his shields which are powerful enough to take hits from Thanos and Dormammmu. Or just portaled. Or opened Into the mirror dimension.

Strange is actually insanely impressive. Far more than Voldemort who tried and failed for how many years to kill a baby? Then a little kid? Then a teenager?

Adam Grimes
Strange laughs at him before one shotting the sorry bag.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Strange's best range feat is actually a non-combat feat that he performs off-screen for the most part, and is also, IMO at least, easily one of his most impressive feats to date. He hid a friggin' Infinity Stone in a star:

https://j.gifs.com/oQzqLY.gif

And this was confirmed to be the case:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/06/avengers-infinity-war-doctor-strange-time-stone-hidden/

Even if the feat took him half an hour to perform off-screen, doing something like that is still pretty crazy. And I do mean crazy. As in the mechanics of it make no sense to me when I try to think about it, considering sizes, distance, amount of light the stones normally give off etc.

riv6672
^^^Could also count as a speed feat/time feat, considering how long the light we see from any one star takes to actually reach us and where the star is physically by the time that light hits our eyes.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Strange's best range feat is actually a non-combat feat that he performs off-screen for the most part, and is also, IMO at least, easily one of his most impressive feats to date. He hid a friggin' Infinity Stone in a star:

https://j.gifs.com/oQzqLY.gif

And this was confirmed to be the case:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/06/avengers-infinity-war-doctor-strange-time-stone-hidden/

Even if the feat took him half an hour to perform off-screen, doing something like that is still pretty crazy. And I do mean crazy. As in the mechanics of it make no sense to me when I try to think about it, considering sizes, distance, amount of light the stones normally give off etc.

Hmm.. I wonder how the heck Thanos would have gotten that Stone had Strange not given it up voluntarily.

juggerman
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hmm.. I wonder how the heck Thanos would have gotten that Stone had Strange not given it up voluntarily.

Power Stone blows up the star? Or maybe teleport the stone via the Space Stone?

My question is how did Thanos and company know where the stones were? They stopped a random ship in space for the Space Stone, his goons tracked Vision down easily multiple times for the Mind Stone, and Thanos teleported from Titan with no real indication of where on Earth Vision was and appeared within 100 yards of him

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggerman
Power Stone blows up the star? Or maybe teleport the stone via the Space Stone?

My question is how did Thanos and company know where the stones were? They stopped a random ship in space for the Space Stone, his goons tracked Vision down easily multiple times for the Mind Stone, and Thanos teleported from Titan with no real indication of where on Earth Vision was and appeared within 100 yards of him

Ah yes good point. They clearly have something kind of tracking device for the Stones.

riv6672

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Ah yes good point. They clearly have something kind of tracking device for the Stones.

They downloaded the Find My Stone app from the Play store.

KingD19
He paid extra to get universal seeking range and cancel all the ads.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by KingD19
If both can fly and teleport, BUT strange can hover around and maneuver with his Cape while Voldemort can only fly as a cloud, which has more mobility?

What's Voldemorts range? Strange can create water vortexes hundreds of feet high, shoot beams of energy, and can teleport interstellar distances.

As for raw power, none of Voldemorts spells is at a level where Strange would be threatened. Even Fiendfyre is easily done away with in multiple ways. And AK can be blocked by his shields which are powerful enough to take hits from Thanos and Dormammmu. Or just portaled. Or opened Into the mirror dimension.

Strange is actually insanely impressive. Far more than Voldemort who tried and failed for how many years to kill a baby? Then a little kid? Then a teenager?

Voldemort can also hover? His fly speed is much faster than strange's and his teleport has a much smaller warm. Dont know the max range of it, but I dont think that's realevant in a fight.

He blasted the Hogwarts castle shield from a pretty fair distance. Most of strange's range feats aren't really combat feats and take some build up. Voldemort is quicker on the draw.

I might be wrong about raw power, but I just dont see how strange will defeat him out side of the mirror dimension. And there's no guarantee that will work on him.

KingD19
Voldemort can also hover? His fly speed is much faster than strange's and his teleport has a much smaller warm. Dont know the max range of it, but I dont think that's realevant in a fight.

He blasted the Hogwarts castle shield from a pretty fair distance. Most of strange's range feats aren't really combat feats and take some build up. Voldemort is quicker on the draw.

I might be wrong about raw power, but I just dont see how strange will defeat him out side of the mirror dimension. And there's no guarantee that will work on him.

Is his fly speed faster? I never saw a confirmation but during the battle of the 7 Potters he seemed to be about as fast as a broom, and they were all flying at highway speeds. Strange can move that fast using the Cloak of Levitation, like when it got him away from Ebony maw. But in a fight does Voldemort really fly? For most of the actual fights he's been involved in, he's on the ground. The only time I recall him flying and fighting was when they were chasing Harry and the Order of the Phoenix. He also doesn't use Apparition during a fight, unless I'm misremembering. Strange on the other hand hovers around all the time.

https://imgur.com/F9GAzyI.gif

And here's Strange using an attack spell that took maybe 2 seconds to cast. There's plenty of HP spells that take far longer. Even the ones with no incantation still require wand movement and aren't instant.

https://imgur.com/hPUkHEj.gif
After making hundreds of clones, they each make an energy whip(some from pretty far away) almost isntantly to restrain Thanos.

He has plenty of ways to beat him. Mystic Whip or Sword. The energy blast from the gif I posted. Reflecting Voldemort's spells back at him using sling portals. Opening a sling portal underneath Voldemort and closing it before he's all the way through, cutting him in half. Let the Cloak of Levitation have a whack at him and zap him while he's distracted. Use the Bands of Cyttorak to bind him so he can't move. Etc, etc, etc...

Also any visible spells(and I'm assuming all as Strange can sense magic) can be blocked by his shields, as they were powerful enough to block hits from beings like Thanos and Dormammu. And we see something as simple as stone stop Avada Kedavra.

And until you can prove that HP wizards can teleport to different dimensions, then the Mirror Dimension is something Voldemort can't beat. He has no way of leaving it once he's there. Because again, it is an entirely separate dimension cut off from ours with a sling ring or the ability of manipulating it like Strange and Ancient One being the only way in or out.

NotAllThatEvil
Voldemort doesn't fly/apperate mid combat because hes an idiot, but smarter wizards such as grindelwald and lestrange pull it off pretty regularly. I'm assuming we're using the best version of the combatants.

Syrange's energy arc thing from your gif was pretty fast on the draw, but it took enough time for thanos to avoid it. Voldemort is faster than thanos. And I'm not sure those energy brands can grab Voldemort if hes all smokey.

Also, what's stopping Voldemort from turning strange into a ferret? Its quicker and less avoidable than the mirror dimension.

Silent Master
When did Voldemort turn someone into a ferret?

Surtur
It's tricky. He never did, yet should we say mad eye moody can do stuff Voldemort can't? Especially when it is established in Hogwarts kids are learning transmutation at the age of 12?

NotAllThatEvil
Not Voldemort. Fake mad eye moody
Did. I'm making the assumption that since Voldemort is "the most powerful dark wizard of all time" he knows the same spells as his lackeys

KingD19
Voldemort doesn't fly/apperate mid combat because hes an idiot, but smarter wizards such as grindelwald and lestrange pull it off pretty regularly. I'm assuming we're using the best version of the combatants.

Syrange's energy arc thing from your gif was pretty fast on the draw, but it took enough time for thanos to avoid it. Voldemort is faster than thanos. And I'm not sure those energy brands can grab Voldemort if hes all smokey.

Also, what's stopping Voldemort from turning strange into a ferret? Its quicker and less avoidable than the mirror dimension.

Best version of the combatant is still the best version we've seen. We've never seen Voldemort be in a fight and just fly around or apparate despite making things much easier except when Harry and Co. were already flying off into the night so they had to catch up.

Voldemort is faster than Thanos? Gonna need some proof on that as Harry was fast enough to deflect Voldie's spells and the spells themselves aren't all that fast. Thanos on the other hand was reacting to people like Spider-Man, Thor, Cap, Drax, even Strange, all of whom have impressive combat feats. So yeah if you've got something that shows Voldemort is faster go for it. Also as shown the beams can track.

Grabbing him won't be an issue because he won't be half-apparating to fly around. He never does. But let's say he does do that. Sling ring. Mirror Dimension. Easy go to's for Strange.

Mad-Eye Moody/Barty Crouch Jr. did that, and it wasn't in a combat situation. In fact I don't think any wizard has ever tried to transmutate someone in a fight.

And could you point out how the Mirror Dimension is avoidable? Strange casually opened a massive breach and threw it at Thanos after absorbing a blast from the Power Stone.

Silent Master
We argue in character though, unless otherwise stated in the op.

So if Voldemort has never used human transfiguration in combat, he's not likely to use it here.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by Silent Master
We argue in character though, unless otherwise stated in the op.

So if Voldemort has never used human transfiguration in combat, he's not likely to use it here.

Fair enough

TheVaultDweller
It's one of the things that has kind of disappointed me, especially with the new Fantastic Beasts films. Wizards have so many potential options, but then their fights often turn into the magical equivalent of a shoot-out. But I guess that stems from the fact that people, particularly adults, in the Potter-verse are mostly idiots.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.