D-Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
We can never forget the great sacrifices the USA and its allies made this day.

RIP to those who lost their lives fighting for freedom
RIP to those who survived the battle, but have since passed on
Best wishes to those who are still alive

The world owes you a debt that can never be repaid.

To my fellow posters: this thread is meant to celebrate the lives of those who fought, please refrain from being negative

Robtard
My wife has two grandfathers and one step grandfather, all partook in WWII. One was a combat medic and landed on 'Omaha beach' on D-Day (as we see in the opening of Saving Private Ryan). He said that scene was overall accurate, except for the blood; there wasn't enough.

They've all passed; their wives are all still alive in their 90's.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
My wife has two grandfathers and one step grandfather, all partook in WWII. One was a combat medic and landed on 'Omaha beach' on D-Day (as we see in the opening of Saving Private Ryan). He said that scene was overall accurate, except for the blood; there wasn't enough.

They've all passed; their wives are all still alive in their 90's.

Their service is appreciated. And yes that opening scene was intense. It is chilling to imagine something even worse.

Surtur
A 97-year-old vet jumped out of a plane to recreate his D-Day parachute drop

thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
Our D-day vets (alive and dead; most are dead by now, obviously) are our true American heroes. It took an enormous amount of courage to storm that beach knowing the Hell that would be raining down on them.

"Saving Private Ryan" was a great movie and Tom Hanks is a great actor.

TempAccount
F*ck the allied forces and what they stood for. The winners always write history; remember that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II#Western_Alli
es

xJHTk-lgdtk

jsxpG30K-78&t

https://alfashirt.de/media/image/42/93/ff/11648_0.jpg

Surtur
Originally posted by TempAccount
F*ck the allied forces and what they stood for. The winners always write history; remember that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II#Western_Alli
es

xJHTk-lgdtk

jsxpG30K-78&t

*smh*

eThneoLgrRnae
Why am I not surprised that the WW2 Jap fanboy sore loser comes in here to piss all over the sacrifice those brave men made on D-Day? And isn't he actually an American? If so, it's quite disgusting.

Surtur
It's a shame Kurk/Temp hates freedom, but I'm not gonna let him bring down this thread. I'm gonna ignore any further posts he makes in here and I hope others do the same.

TempAccount
Originally posted by Surtur
It's a shame Kurk/Temp hates freedom, but I'm not gonna let him bring down this thread. I'm gonna ignore any further posts he makes in here and I hope others do the same. Naive fool. What freedom lol? The US has interfered in nearly every Latin American countrys' politics since WW2. US propaganda works well when introduced at a young age.

"We've defeated the wrong enemy."

- U.S General George Patton

U.S should have kept to its isolationist policy. There was no reason to get involved in the European front.

Surtur
People might enjoy this:

D-Day: 17 stunning photos from 1944 show how hard the Normandy invasion really was

playa1258
Can't not even imagine the Liberal/Incel pussies doing something even close to this today.

eThneoLgrRnae
It's a shame Kurk/Temp hates freedom, but I'm not gonna let him bring down this thread. I'm gonna ignore any further posts he makes in here and I hope others do the same.

Sounds good. Guess I'll do the same.

TempAccount
Originally posted by playa1258
Can't not even imagine the Liberal/Incel pussies doing something even close to this today. Why would anyone give their life away in a foreign war is beyond me. US and its people have no culture.

playa1258
Just like how your precious Imperial Japan was rampaging across Asia leaving millions dead in their wake.

Stringer
Why would anyone give their life away in a foreign war is beyond me. US and its people have no culture.

Cry me a river and drown in it.

playa1258
75 years ago today and I'm jumping behind enemy lines.

Surtur
Originally posted by Stringer

https://honeynfox.com/wp-content/uploads/clapback-cheering-diss-celebration.gif

TempAccount
Originally posted by playa1258
Just like how your precious Imperial Japan was rampaging across Asia leaving millions dead in their wake. Overblown statement lacking evidence. Propaganda by the Chinese and Koreans.

Suck my dick *****.

Stringer
Suck my dick *****.

We should of dropped more nukes, imo.

Raptor22
We can never forget the great sacrifices the USA and its allies made this day.

RIP to those who lost their lives fighting for freedom
RIP to those who survived the battle, but have since passed on
Best wishes to those who are still alive

The world owes you a debt that can never be repaid.

To my fellow posters: this thread is meant to celebrate the lives of those who fought, please refrain from being negative well said Surt

TempAccount
We should of dropped more nukes, imo. Would it be worth the several month wait to produce more? In which time the Soviets would be invading the mainland?

samhain
Started rewatching Band Of Brothers, watched the Day Of days episode yesterday then realised halfway through that it was D-Day.

Surtur
Originally posted by samhain
Started rewatching Band Of Brothers, watched the Day Of days episode yesterday then realised halfway through that it was D-Day.

Yeah I started rewatching Band of Brothers last week, I'm on Bastogne now.

samhain
Yeah I started rewatching Band of Brothers last week, I'm on Bastogne now.

Haven't watched it for about 15 years or so now, still looks just as good today. You can only tell it's old because of the star-studded cast all looking a lot younger.

Mindship
Yesterday 'Saving Private Ryan' was on. Damn those first 20 minutes are still jaw-dropping.

So many young lives ended so quickly. Those vets who were at the 75th anniversary celebration were truly blessed on two counts: surviving That Day, and then living long afterward.

SquallX

Flyattractor
We should of dropped more nukes, imo.

For Once I agree with ol String Cheese... Once we got done with teh Germs and Jap....ANESE we should steam rolled the Sov into a Glowing Shit Pile. They did turn out to be WORSE THEN HITLER!!!!!

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by samhain

What?

You only realised after rewatching?

How do you miss this scene the first time?

h
HoapTKAiINc

Flyattractor
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
What?

h
HoapTKAiINc

Lets Blame the Poor Leftwing Controlled Education System.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Lets Blame the Poor Leftwing Controlled Education System.

Sounds good to me. They should make Band of Brothers compulsory viewing in school. And everywhere else.

Putinbot1
Parts of the Mulberry harbour were still intact 20/years ago.

TempAccount
My favorite WWII movie is Downfall with the late Bruno Ganz. Private Ryan is American propaganda, but I enjoy this scene:

CbNwY_QFR1A

Seeing how dysfunctional the US army is compared to Axis is great.

eThneoLgrRnae
"American propaganda." roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sure it is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Flyattractor
In the Long run we shouldn't have lost the llives of those Americans to save Europe or England... They weren't worth the blood.

samhain
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
What?

h
HoapTKAiINc

You misunderstood what I said. I wasn't saying that I didn't recognise the episode took place during D-Day, rather that I was watching the episode on June 6th completely coincidentally and only clicked it was the anniversary about halfway through. Jeebus, you'd have to be pretty thick to not know that the episode is set on D-Day, pretty sure they even use the phrase D-Day in the episode too.

jaden_2.0
Ah right. 😄

samhain
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.