28 Days Later

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
i dunno if any of you saw the trailor for this movie during X2. but finally, a new zombie movie that looks liek a homage to the old romero epics. i cant wait, looks downright awesome.

Captain REX
I did! I did! I did!

Couldn't figure out what it was about though. The trailer was perfect in the sense that it didn't reveal much.

BackFire349
yeah i know. its a zombie type movie though.

Ushgarak
Saw it a while back... first half is better than last half. As far as recent British Horror is concerned, I preferred Dog Soldiers.

Premise is very simple, Rex. Guy is in an accident, gets knocked into a coma, wakes up 28 days later to find that London is completely deserted. Except for the killer zombies, obviously.

dlbrody
Yes, looks very creepy. Sort of take off of "Day of the Comet" though.
(I think that what it was called)

BlingBling
Dawn of the Dead is the best zombie flick! I liked Resident Evil too. 28 Days Later COULD be really awesome if they don't go hollywood style. Which, of course, would make the movie suck gay monkey balls. mad

Captain REX
I don't think it will be Hollywood style. If anything, it will be creepy-shocking-scary-pants wetting-awesome-totally narly style.

mah
looks cool, haven't seen it yet though..

BackFire349
i can tell by the previews it definately isnt going to be hollywood style. it looks strikingly similar too day of the dead.

rogue_st
I've seen 28 days later and it's a pretty good film.

It's not really a zombie film. Some activists released some monkeys from a lab but the monkeys were infected by a disease the scientist at the lab called "Rage".
People who get infected lose there senses after a while.
A guy who was in a hospital with the door locked survives but hasn't eaten anything for days and doesn't know what has happened to the world. It's pretty scary to see London deserted the way they show it at the beginning of the film. It was really disturbing when the guy who ran from the hospital was yelling "Hello!!" but nobody would listen.
The music in the film was great. There's a song of one of my favorite bands "Gdospeed you black emperor!" but the whole soundtrack is excellent.
Anyway as he wanders through the city he starts to meet some infected and he also runs into some survrivors. He learns to become a survivor himself with his new friends.
They lose some friends here and there but the ending is pretty nice.
Don't miss it!

UofMguy
Have you guys heard about this? I just saw a preview and checked out the website and it looks scary as hell. Like really scary. especially since zombie movies always freak me out. its just the idea of there being so many you know...you can't get away from all of them.

check it out at 28dayslater.com

UofMguy
yeah after checking out the previews and it even lets you watch the first 6 mins of the movie...yeah not sure if i could surivive this movie.

Kes
The idea of the movie is scary because it is very possible.Go see it I really liked it but it is not really scary, just makes your heart beat faster in a few scenes! lol
But if you are a nitpick it has a very big plot hole! Well just enjoy it, I liked it and think it's very good!

noodles
28 days later was voted british film of the year in the empire movie awards. I thought that it was the best horror in years. Not your typical zombie movie, this film was made on a shoestring and still delivers. I agree with Kes, you can nitpick but why bother. It was directed by Danny Boyle who did trainspotting, so it's pretty gritty and look out for Brendan Gleeson, he's superb.

BackFire349
been waiting for this one for a while, cant wait to see it on the big screen, looks extremely promising.

Kes
You seem like a big horror buff, word of advice, it is not that scary.It's a good movie, it makes your heart beat faster a few times but mainly it's the idea thats creappy!Because, like I said before, it is very possible. But dont expect a very scary movie! t is not a movie about zombies either!

Ushgarak
Is it STILL not out in the US yet? Blimey, it's been about eight months since I saw it now.

As I have said before, I liked it but the first half was better than the last; I preferred Dog Soldiers.

mechmoggy
Isn't it strange how WE'VE had movie before anyone else! eek!

Watch it, tis good. cool

Kes
Yeh it's interesting to see the americans fishing for info for a change!big grin Dog soldiers?!Sounds familier but can't quite put it?What's about?

Bad Boy
I've been studying last week and I gotta say that it's really cool! You really do feel hatred at times tho!

Kes
Ah what are you talking about?blink

Augeybana
????

But this movie looks awesome and happy Danny Boyle directed it I did enjoy the movie Trainspotting.

Kes
It is awesome! lol big grin Just,in my opinion, not that scary.But def worth seeing!stick out tongue

BackFire349
yes i am a big horror buff, and im glad to hear its not scary, none of the good zombie movies are really scary, they are intriguing. and dog soldiers is awesome, everyone should see it. thanks to mech for making me rent it smile

Bad Boy
I would never have guessed your a horror fan Backfire!

BackFire349
yes i know, i hide it so well.

glenn
What are the zombies like in it. Are they scary or computer generated.

Kes
Ah you do know that this movie doesn't have zombies, right?!

Kes
What you're from the U.K. and you haven't seen this one? It's probably one video by now. I'm talking about 28 days later.smile

Telemicus
Kes, what was the big plot whole that you spoke of?
I've seen this film loads now, it is without a doubt the best British horror for ages, it wipes on dog soldiers and doesn't rely on a stupid twist to end the film....
And their definately not zombies, they just like snapping peoples necks...

Kes
Well if I say it,it will be a spoiler for americans so DONT READ IF YOU HAAVENT SEEN IT!

It's the way they die! The infected people die of stavation (sp), i cant remember how many days later. well they would die of dyhidration before that, and they dont seem smart enough to rigue(sp) things to get water. Also all that blood they vomite, well they would die of it. you need blood to live.its just like losing blood from a wound. thats the problem but only if you ae a nitpick. I agree its a great movie. i really liked it!

Fire
you can use spoiler tags

like so

to hide spoiler text

Kes
thanks!smile

Fire
np kes

btw you got msn or icq?

Kes
Wow can you translate that? big grin

Fire
lol kess do you have msn or icq?

Kes
i have msn.

Bad Boy
MSN is the best!

Kes
It would rock if it didn't crash so much!

BackFire349
yeah it has zombies. well zombie like creatures at least, a mass of used to be humans whos sole purpose is to kill living humans. basically zombies.

Kes
Zombies are dead! They aren't.They just look dead! lol Do you know the story of the movie?

brownie
Saw Dog Soldiers myself, thought it was a awsome movie as well.

Kes
Never seen that one!messed:

BackFire349
they are basically zombies. same basic creatures. may not fit the exact definition, but besides not being dead, they are classic zombies.

Kes
Have you seen the movie? True they look like zombies, but they move kinda fast for zombies! lol

BackFire349
return of the living dead has running zombies. you seem to be thinking of only the romero zombies, slow moving, stupid, idle creatures. those arent teh only type.

chico23
When does this come out in the states by the way? Saw a TV spot for it the other day and it looks good.

BackFire349
sneak preview tommorow at select theaters, released everywhere june 28th

Kes
Ok didn't know there was more than one tipe! lol
But this are not zombies!smile

BackFire349
basically they are. besides not being dead they are exactly the same creature.

Kes
Ah see! you haven't seen it.

Kes
Thats the thing they are not creatures.They are humans.

BackFire349
basically zombies bud. same idea, same type of monsters, same point, same drive. its even called a zombie movie on the movie poster. they are simply zombies that arent dead.

Kes
Why do zombies kill?

BackFire349
instinct

Kes
This actually have an excuse to kill. Maybe excuse is not the best word!Can a zombie go back to normal?Ah well watch the movie after even if you still consider they are zombies you will atleast understand why i say their not.

BackFire349
i already do understand why you say that. but when i say tehy are basically zombies, i mean the basic type of creation. i consider cannibals to be basically zombies too. they are the same, a group of them hunt and kill for food or for instinct. im assuming thats the way it works in 28 days later as well, they kill cuz of instinct, just like zombies, and just like cannibals.

Kes
No.

Kes
Well the animal part yes. But thats just it. That animal part as a deeper reason. Ah just...you'll see.

BackFire349
they attack in groups like zombies, they attack the uninfected, like zombies, they do it from instinct, like zombies. the only difference is they are not dead. however, their mind is dead, so that is even debatable.

Kes
Trust me, see the movie. Its too late to get into this discussions.sleep i think your gonna be disapointed with the movie.

BackFire349
looks liek the first good zombie movie in about 10 years, i dotn think ill be disapointed.

Kes
When i saw the trailer i though it was about one thing and it ended up being about another! lol I really like the movie, i think its great! but its about survival and human stupidity, like messing with stuff that they shouldn't. But you didn't like Resident Evil so... Why didnt you like Resident?

BackFire349
cheezy, boring, plus i know what it coulda been. i read romeros script and it was superior in every way. and from what you said about 28 days later, it sounds just like i was hoping for, like the classic zombie movies, where the zombies arent the villians or the bad guys, but only consequences to stupid actions.

Telemicus
Talking of Zombies, you really can't beat Dawn of the Dead, such a classic film and it goes to show that zombies don't have to be quick to be effective

Fire
28 days later is 10 times better than resident evil this movie doesn't action sequences or violence to make it good

Kes
yeh. thats why i think backfire is gonna be disaponted.

BackFire349
all the classic zombie movies dont have much action or violence in them, and i love them. so thats why i dont think i will be disapointed, i dont like mindless pointless action like resident evil.

Kes
ok.After you watch it tell us what you think.smile

BackFire349
of course.

Kes
big grin

Telemicus
Kes, in response to your plot hole, your quite right, they would have died of thirst first, but i just guessed that this rage thing changed everything about a human body......? Shit, they could live forever?
How long do zombies live? Do they need water?

Kes
Their not zombies their humans! I think what you said is a spoiler lol! big grin
test

Kes
Ah it worked! lol we see them die at the end so they dont live forever.

Telemicus
Your quite right, just trying to defend myself really...... I liked the film so much that i didnt want to pick at it. It's about time we (UK) made a decent horror film. (Sorry dog soldiers, but your neither decent nor horror).

Kes
lol Atleast the Uk sometimes as good movies!

Telemicus
Sorry to say, but i've never seen a portuguesse movie, any good ones?

Kes
NO! lol big grin Well there are a few really old ones that are funny. But that was centuries ago!messed

Telemicus
Sorry to go off on one but we have a lot of medierans in Jersey, is that still part of portugal?

Kes

Kes
Thats basaclly (sp) it.

BackFire349
straying off topic, lets get back on, 28 days later, scary at all or no?

Telemicus
Sorry. It wasn't scary really, just the idea was scary. Nicely twisted seeing the whole of London deserted. And the way you could get infected so easily was nice, but i guess thats the same as any zombie film.
What's the scariest film you've seen?

BackFire349
the shining is the only movie that ever scared me. a few movies have kinda disturbed me.... henry portrait of a serial killer, irreversible, kids, happiness, last house on the left, cannibal holocaust, texas chainsaw massacre. not all of these are horror, but they all affected me very heavily

Telemicus
Yep, the Shinning is the only film thats really messed me up aswell. I much prefer deeply distrurbing pyscological horror to splat fest. Don't get me wrong though, I never tire of watching Braindead, but thats more comedy than horror.
Texas CM gets to me aswell.
Have you seen the ring? I've not got round to it yet, heard mixed reports, and aparently the original jap version is much better?

Kes
Got bored to death watcing the shinning! had heard so many good things that it was a big disapointement! happens alot! I liked the tv mini-series best. probably because the scriped was writen by stephen king himself!smile

Fire
well kids never shocked me

I usualy only get shocked with documentaries

Kes
yeh real life stuff! Or how cruel humans can be! The ones about the holocaust (sp) are the most powerful!

BackFire349
that miniseries was horrid. it was so cheezy. the plants come to life laughing out loud steven king should stick with books, he cant write a script to save his life.

Kes
dont recall plants coming to life. but the movie was slow! nicholson is the only good thing in it!

Tex
The previews do look rather fun, although the reviews have been pretty bad.

Funny how it opens next week but you can get the DVD at Virgin Megastoreconfused

BackFire349
its been out in the uk for like 9 years.

Kes
lol its acually like 6 or 9 months stick out tongue
but its great tex, you should see it.

UofMguy
saw it the other day. It was pretty good and def got me to jump a few times. And the zombies or infected ppl are fast real fast!

tmcpherrin89
Yeah it isnt scary as hell, but it is still scary. The movie is brilliant

BackFire349
masterpiece. best horror movie of the best 15 years.

Kes
I love the scene in the biginning with the car! lol I jumped a foot! laughing out loud
The church scene is also really cool. I was like:"Run you idiot!!!"stick out tongue

SweetJones
I am not impressed with 28 Days Later. The scenes were flashes of incoherent violence and the backdrops were obviously fake. There were so many horror cliches (non-starting car, going into the underground tunnel, man and woman living). My biggest question is how, within a matter of 3 days, the protagonist went from a squirmy scared sissy to a full-blown rambo.

I will stay to the truth- nothing has been scary since The Exorcist except Signs or The Ring.

BackFire349
the ring and signs are not scary. neither is exorcist. and its pretty much impossible to do anything unique when it comes to horror these days, you cant help but spot a cliche in every horror movie after 1985. i have no problem with cliches as long as it makes good use of them, as 28 days later did. no horror movie has been so emotionally involving or had such a heavy commentary on the human condition. and as far as the guy turning into rambo, ever heard of adrenaline? if someone you love is in danger, you can do almost anything. plus the zombies were best ever.

Kes
the backdrops were fake? what are you talking about? The exorcist scary?? I was 12 the 1st time i saw it and laught my head off! And signs?? I like it but its not scary. I like the ring, i dont think its scary per-say its more like it makes you think for a while.

BellaButterfly
YOu guys is 28 days later worth seeing?

Kes
Yes it is big grin

Sacrifice
Is that not what a horror movie is all about?

I just watched a blurb on a movie show on how they were able to get people out of the area in order to film the sequences. The locations are real, not fake backdrops.

Man and woman living? I wouldn't call that a cliche. Who else is suppose to live? On the other hand, I would have liked to see none of the original characters live. It would have been cool if people they met part way through the film continued their journey after they die.

The underground tunnel was a cliche, but at least the main character made a point it being a really dumb idea. I'll give you the car cliche. Both those two cliches happen within 2 minute period. How about the rest of the film?

People under pressure do amazing things. I must admit however, I do not like the last half of the film nearly as much as the first half.

I also found The Exorcist to be very spooky and a little scary. This is no doubt because I believe in angels and demons.

BackFire349
god yes

Tired Hiker
Good, glad to see there is a 28 Days Later thread. I saw it the other day after I saw The Italian Job. Both great movies.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Don't read cuz I'm spoiling the hell out of this one.

I loved 28 Days Later. I knew I'd either hate it or love it. I almost rolled my eyes back when it got into the whole 'women as sex slaves' thing, but it didn't delve into that too deep becuase our delivery boy hero puts a stopper to the real enemy's plan, with the help of the zombies. And yes, I don't care how you look at it, those things were ZOMBIES for sure. When what's his face frees that one chained up zombie, I got the thrill chills. Yes, humans and zombies unite.

BackFire349
i thought that was a brilliant thing to put in, the women as sex slave thing. because should the world ever come to an end, that will probably happen, and its the only zombie movie to ever really deal with it.

Tired Hiker
Yes, I totally agree, I just didn't want to see the women getting raped and that sort of thing. I'm glad the movie didn't go there and it was ingenius to incorporate that threat without it ever happening.

BackFire349
ah, yes it was. no better way to show how humans are worse then zombies then to make them rapists.

badkittykitty
I think that it was a good concept to incorporate that in but the only thing that bugged me was would these army men really be that sex starved to rape fellow englishwomen in say only 28 days? but besides that the movie is a real gem,I love RUNNING zombie ..that is truly scary

BackFire349
yes, the zombies probably were the scariest zombies ive ever seen as well.

Kes
I dont think its sex starved I think its more of a survivel of the species thing.
Yeh fast zombies stick out tongue Specially those at the staires(sp) of that building messed

Smllfry247
looks so freaky but good

ragesRemorse
Im convinced this movie has sublimanal messaging in it i mean how else can so many people like this peice of crap, it was long ,horribly written with an ending that suggests the writers just got bored of there own crap and decided to put down the first thing that came to mind, everyhting in this movie has been done before and done better

Silent-Bob77
Ok i'm confused, you don't like it right?? Were we watching the same film, 28 days later is amazing, the idea of a deserted London is creepy enough on it's own

BackFire349
not everything had been done before.

GABRIEL05
Does anyone know what happens in the alternate ending to 28 days later? If so than spoil me.

p.s. I didn't think signs was scary for all you signs fans. In my opinion I thought the ending was ridiculous. I mean space aliens attacking with hand held weapons? I mean come on now, having an allergic reaction to water, the most precious life giving substance on our planet, don't you think thats a little... lame? Shamalyan could have come up with a better ending than that. He did for Sixth Sense

BackFire349
the ending for sixth sense was to much of a gimmick. i liked signs ending because it didnt try to pull the rug out from under you

insincerus
I have just seen 28 DAYS LATER I to thought it would be a good horror film but was disappointed To me it was just a rehash of bits from other films and books which did a better job of it. The story could be taken directly from James Herberts '48' even as far down as the virus is passed on from blood, and the scenes within the film could be a mirror image of those in Stephen Kings 'The Stand'. However the film was watchable and a good way to fill in a couple of hours. This is just my opinion

CaptainInsano
It looks really cool and it now has an alternate endiing woo hoo. But the reason I think you didn't understand it is because it is suppost to have a ton of metephors

-=Urot=-
I saw 28 days before the alternate ending. So what happned? What was so speacial about the 2nd ending?

Has anyone seen it? And if you did, give some details. Cuz I dont feel like spending another $8.50 on that movie.

-=Urot=-
I saw 28 days before the alternate ending. So what happned? What was so speacial about the 2nd ending?

Has anyone seen it? And if you did, give some details. Cuz I dont feel like spending another $8.50 on that movie.

Thx. smile

Kes
Horror movie.
Moving--moved

ragesRemorse
I was expecting much more from this movie when i first saw it, but after about the first 20 minutes it already showed that it wasnt going to do anything new for the horror genre.T me it felt as if ive seen it before. I am glad to see a horror movie make such a buzz though even if i dont care for it cuz it insures more horror movies to come, and how about a 9 year old movie making such a huge bang even though i diddnt like the movie that fact alone shocks and entertains me

TMWATA
oh yeah it hasnt been released in the usa yet, well i can tell u it rocks the big one!!!!!!!!

Kes
Its already out in the U.S.

ragesRemorse
yeah its been out for a while but its 9 years old

Kes
The movie is not 9years old. Its from 2002.

DeNiro
i heard it was like one of the best horror flims this year and i like dog soilders it was funny and had kinda of a sick hoorro type to it

ragesRemorse
it was made like 6 or 9 years ago

Keith_Ollies
good film, not a great one though.

Didnt know it was made 9 years ago??????? its weird to see London completely deserted, really freaky

ragesRemorse
they should have threw in some werewolves

BackFire349
it wasnt made 6 or 9 years ago, it was made about 2 years ago.

DeNiro
i think this is what the movie is called but what is it about ne way i got no clue and i want to see it and when does it come out on video cause i went to see it in the show and it wasnt there i was like wtf so is it about wearwolves cause for some reason i just got the impression it was

BackFire349
It's a kind of zombie movie, although not in the traditional sense. It is one of the best horror movies of the past 15 years, see it asap.

xblanex
Yea it comes out on DVD 21st. I got a coupon for $5 off on the dvd when I went to the movies last night. It has 3 alternate endings to it. This is a really good movie, if you havent seen it, I suggest you pick it up on dvd, cause you will like it.

mechmoggy
It came out over here ages ago, and yes, it is a quality film that you must see. cool

Don't get excited about the alternate endings though, they're pants.

xblanex
The 2 endings that were in theaters sucked. I hope the Diff ones on the DVD are better.

blakangel
the endings sucked...but

I loved this film.... the concept behind it was weird... at the begging I kept thinking; god how weird would it be to wake up and the whole human race had dissappeared?

Its basically people inherit this virus that causes them to attack people...bit hard to explain unless you watch it.

stick out tongue

BackFire349
It's a masterpiece.

DeNiro
wow cool it comes out when the 21st of october

slayer
it's 1 of the best horror movies of all time! WATCH IT!!!!!!!

grymlock
yup 28 days later is a dafinitely kick ass movie... watch it!!

cheers!!

DeNiro
i went to blockbutser today and i was talking to the girl that walks around and ask people if they need help and i was like can u tell me how 28 days later was and she didnt like it she said it was like a resident evil type deal and i was like i hated resident evil but i dont know i trust u guys alot more on it but i will watch it either way and say how i liked it but it was odd that she said it sucked big time but when BF says it is good it is

mechmoggy
How strange, maybe she's not a lover of the horror genre.

But rent it chap, then you can tell her she's a wrong-un'.

BackFire349
She's a ****ing moron.

Dario Argento
I have had it for long time. But I also live in Europe and here it was released 4 or 5 months ago because it is an English film.

Asami
I remember seeing this movie last year, it was pretty amazing, they filmed around London's landmarks, but how did they get the streets so empty? just incase you haven't seen it yet..

Great Zombie-type movies, beats Flesh Eating Zombies anyday!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
excellent movie.

mechmoggy
Just like Vanilla Sky's identical moment Asami, they had to film in the wee hours and ask people nicely to stay out of shot. By law they couldn't prevent people from doing it though. Kewl eh? cool

xblanex
ya that is pretty cool. I would run in the shot and become famous.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>