College fined 11 mil for defaming bakery as racist over stopping a black shoplifter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Ohio Family Bakery Stopped Shoplifter. Protesters Called Them Racist. This Jury Just Awarded The Bakery $11 Million

I think this deserves its own thread. What Oberlin college did was just plain scummy. $11 million will likely not be the total sum as punitive damages have not been decided yet.

I know an appeal is likely to happen, but I hope the worst thing that happens is that the fine is lessened a bit.

riv6672

Bashar Teg
awful

Flyattractor
I agree. Every Teacher and Official at this college should be fired and made to add to the fine themselves. The Left has to be PUNISHED for their Horribly Fascist Actions.

Just shut the Shit Hole College down and refund all the students.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
awful

Oh? What's awful?

Surtur
Lol so apparently the colleges insurance company is not going to cover this.

Robtard
11 million for emotional distress. Okay then.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol so apparently the colleges insurance company is not going to cover this.

I don't think Public Relations and Business Resilience insurance covers willful and wrongful actions. You cannot just willfully act like chodes and expect your business insurance to cover it. It's for stuff like an employee getting their arm cut off due to unsafe work conditions, data breaches, etc.

Even then, those things may not necessarily pay out. For example, if you notified your boss of the unsafe work condition that resulted in an arm getting cut off, the insurance company may not pay out.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard

You are such a phucking hypocrite. If the Shop Owner had been one of Robbie's Approved of Types. He would be singing a very diff tune on this.

People who vote Left are TRULY Horrible People.

Surtur

What should the number have been?

Surtur
Lol the college was legit dumb enough to send out an email slamming the jury before punitive damages have been decided.

That could be used as evidence that they have not learned their lesson and should be hit with maximum damages.

Robtard
What should the number have been?

Dunno.

Looking forward to when some transgender person now sues for millions over some store employee referring to them as "he" instead of "she" and they win, because emotional distress.

Flyattractor
Now that is a thing I can see happening.. The Left will make it a Crime to NOT Give in to someone's personal delusions.

The Left Make Me Sick!

dadudemon
Dunno.

Looking forward to when some transgender person now sues for millions over some store employee referring to them as "he" instead of "she" and they win, because emotional distress.

Triggered!
https://i.imgur.com/dRBuBi0.gif

Robtard
https://media1.tenor.com/images/f17c7e1774551db2173dc130b8744ffd/tenor.gif

cdtm
Dunno.

Been doing that kind of thing right along.

But networks are where the real money is. Those lawsuits range into the billions all together.

Robtard
Do wonder if you can taste the racism in that bakery's bread though.

Surtur
Dunno.

You can be sued for emotional distress for telling the truth?

Describe how they're racist smile

dadudemon

Wheat bread is out. Only white bread. Tastes the best, anyway. Especially when it is very soft but dense.

Wheat bread is sweeter and better for you, though...love me some wheat bread.

Surtur
White bread is a tool of slavery and oppression.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wheat bread is out. Only white bread. Tastes the best, anyway. Especially when it is very soft but dense.

Wheat bread is sweeter and better for you, though...love me some wheat bread. M.H. Bread and Butter bakery in San Anselmo makes some of the best bread; their loaves are ridiculously delicious. When I have people over for BBQs, dinner, etc and I buy it, everyone who's never had M.H. bread comments on how delicious the bread is and asks where it was purchased from.

Oh, zero racism too from what I've seen.

Surtur
Oh, zero racism too from what I've seen.

So they have something in common with this bakery smile

Robtard
AFAIK M.H. has never sued a college for telling the truth?

But if you ever find yourself in the Bay Area, CA. I'll take you to M.H. my treat; we can break bread over some of the finest breads smile

Surtur
AFAIK M.H. has never sued a college for telling the truth?

But if you ever find yourself in the Bay Area, CA. I'll take you to M.H. my treat; we can break bread over some of the finest breads smile

Weak trolling, do better kid smile

Robtard
That was a sincere offer to have lunch...

Surtur
That was a sincere offer to have lunch...

A wise choice to highlight that part as the only sincere part thumb up

cdtm

Wheat bread is sweeter and better for you, though...love me some wheat bread.

Prefer marble rye myself.

Robtard
A wise choice to highlight that part as the only sincere part thumb up

Is this your first pretend win against me today?

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm
Prefer marble rye myself.

You f**king heathen!

Surtur
Is this your first pretend win against me today?

Highlighting your stupidity isn't a win, it is just funny.

Robtard
^ Anger

Surtur
^ Projection

dadudemon
^caret symbol

Surtur
After Being Fined $11 Million In Damages, Oberlin Claims It's Cash Poor, Wants Mistrial. They Were Denied.

Giggle.

Bakery suing Oberlin College for libel wins $33M in damages

Double giggle.

Robtard
11 33 million for emotional distress. Okay then.

Surtur
It's good news.

cdtm
Anyone beginning to see why I'd like to pull a Daenerys Targaryen to the Masters of Meereen on all lawyers?

Someones feelings are worth 30 million.

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm
Anyone beginning to see why I'd like to pull a Daenerys Targaryen to the Masters of Meereen on all lawyers?

Someones feelings are worth 30 million.

Students of the University should in turn sue the bakery for millions (each) because I'm sure the school going broke will affect them both institutionally and emotionally.

dadudemon
I understand suing for libel over a loss of business. That makes sense. You can prove that.

But the hardship stuff is what gets my goat. We need to stop with the feelings stuff.

We should stop caring about all these feelings. Please?

Surtur
I understand suing for libel over a loss of business. That makes sense. You can prove that.

But the hardship stuff is what gets my goat. We need to stop with the feelings stuff.

We should stop caring about all these feelings. Please?

That's the best part though. They wuuuuv feeelings! We can't ignore the feelings.

Surtur
Students of the University should in turn sue the bakery for millions (each) because I'm sure the school going broke will affect them both institutionally and emotionally.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PeacefulDizzyElver-size_restricted.gif

Silent Master
The students wouldn't have a case for suing the Bakery, they might be able to sue the school though.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
The students wouldn't have a case for suing the Bakery, they might be able to sue the school though.

"Why'd you let me act like an SJW out in public? Don't you know this is an adult daycare center? I'm suing".

Surtur
Oh it would be pure gold if the innocent students sued though. "Your actions caused my tuition to go up".

Robtard
That's the best part though. They wuuuuv feeelings! We can't ignore the feelings.

Yet you get worked up whenever someone you dislike (eg Liberal, transgender, homosexual, female, Black, schools) sues because their feelings were hurt...

Just be consistent going forward thumb up

Surtur
Yet you get worked up whenever someone you dislike (eg Liberal, transgender, homosexual, female, Black, schools) sues because their feelings were hurt...

Just be consistent going forward thumb up

I indeed don't think someone should be able to sue just for hurt fee fee's.

I just laugh at the love of feelings being turned against them.

You seem pretty upset about this entire situation, but I see this as the world lefties created coming into fruition. We can ruin lives now, cuz feelings.

Having fun yet?

And I will be super consistent: I don't think someone should be forced to do labor. Nor do I think you should be able to defame.

Robtard
So many eWins in one post, what a big boy.

Surtur
You seem upset. May I ask what the price should have been? What consequences would Oberlin have faced if it were up to you?

Robtard
You figured it out, this is my school and I'm so invested, big winner.

Whatever loss of business over an average of a few years. 33millions seems rather extreme for a family bakery, how many donuts were they selling?

Also, be sure to never scream "but what bout free speech!" whenever some Rightist smears another and consequences happen, cos consistent.

Surtur
Also the judge still needs to decide if he's gonna make the college pay for the attorney fee's of the bakery.

https://media.giphy.com/media/10JhviFuU2gWD6/giphy.gif

SquallX

Surtur
It is hilarious, and the jury decided it without even being granted access to the email the college sent slamming them lol.

SquallX

Surtur
The college even asked them in the future to call them first instead of the cops if a student robs them...lmao

Surtur
The bakery said they had to let employees go because business went down because of Oberlin's actions. I wonder if those employees could sue the college?

dadudemon
The bakery said they had to let employees go because business went down because of Oberlin's actions. I wonder if those employees could sue the college?

Yes. Fairly straightforward since the libel case has already been proven.

Surtur
Yes. Fairly straightforward since the libel case has already been proven.

I hope they do, I truly hope.

Surtur
This is the gift that keeps on giving. Trigger warning, Tim Pool video:

Woke Oberlin Was Scared Of Student Temper Tantrums In Hilarious Court Documents

8iEj_qxpQrY

Lol, the chief of staff of school administration compared the school to a nursery school. Owned.

cdtm
No spinning this one. She was on a damned loudspeaker, passing out flyers, and blocking photography. And those emails.. Context be damned, this looks really bad for Oberlin.

Flyattractor
This needs to happen to ALL Colleges and Universities at this point.

Shut the Millennial Cuck Baby Factories DOWN!

No more "Safe Spaces". Welcome to the Real World You Little Bitches.

cdtm
Pull "non profit" status.

Yale University, one of the richest, most prestigious colleges in the world, who almost literally owns the city itself (All that untaxed land), is a non profit.

That's ridiculous. Administration shouldn't be making millions off non profits. "But they could make more on wall street." Then let them go to Wall Street. Why not lobby for the mayor or governor making four million a year while you're at it? (Honest one's. Of COURSE the dishonest ones do just fine for themselves.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.