How many Green Lanterns does it take to.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
How many basic GL's would it take to put down.......

1. Normal version of Silver Surfer
2. Classic Thor
3. Immortal Hulk

Understand that this is NOT a four on four matchup, but esch high herald going up against any number of GLs that it would take to defest them. No bfr.

Adam Grimes
Superman can't be used in threads at the moment, friend.

MrMind
1. infinity
2. 4-5
3. 3-4
4. 1

ShadowFyre
Thor would drain infinite rings.

Just kiddin. Why can Supes not be used?

Adam Grimes
He got temp banned. Lol

lawest9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Superman can't be used in threads at the moment, friend. And why is that?

lawest9
He got temp banned. Lol Someone is going to have to explain that one to me my friend.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by lawest9
And why is that? He was making race baiting threads in the GDF.

Damborgson
And why is that?

Because of arbitrary and stupid decisions by those who are able to make them.

-----------

To answer the question though:

1. Throwing random GL's at Superman isn't going to get anyone anywhere, as after a while they'll start looking very foddery.

And Superman did just one punch the greatest green lantern of all, while he was trying to put him down no less. So it's hard to say how many combined GL's would be needed to take him down.

I guess the main 6 should be enough. Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Jessica and Baz.

2. Any top GL poses a legitimate threat to Silver Surfer. But To be safe, Hal and John together would be more than enough in my opinion.

3. It all depends on how he fights. If Thor fights in traditional style, thunder and lightning, he'd have his hands full with any of them. If he goes into sponge draining mode, he would take down quite a lot.

4. Hard to say. GL's have scanned for weaknesses before, I see no reason why one couldn't show him to the sun.

carver9
Agree with Damborg... if they dont exploit a weakness though, against Hulk, they are not taking him down. One of the best, Guy, was fodder to Damage.

Demon of Heaven
Dozens upon dozens, actually hundreds really.
Average no name gl are pure fodder and they would rip through them

abhilegend
Originally posted by Demon of Heaven
Dozens upon dozens, actually hundreds really.
Average no name gl are pure fodder and they would rip through them
laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Someone is going to have to explain that one to me my friend.

It's stickied at the top of the forum..

Bentley
Iron Man would be a match for a fodder lantern.

Current Thor might get some wins against one of those.

Galan007
Originally posted by Damborgson
Because of arbitrary and stupid decisions by those who are able to make them. Jesus, dude.

If you have a problem with the decision, you are more than welcome to have a civilized, adult discussion about it with any of the mods. Getting pissy and throwing around these little faux-insults in various threads is just a chickenshit way to go about things, though, and it needs to stop.

----------

...Anyway, Superman is banned from versus threads right now, so I'm removing him from the OP.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
Jesus, dude.

If you have a problem with the decision, you are more than welcome to have a civilized, adult discussion about it with any of the mods. Getting pissy and throwing around these little faux-insults in various threads is just a chickenshit way to go about things, though, and it needs to stop.

----------

...Anyway, Superman is banned from versus threads right now, so I'm removing him from the OP.

It doesn't help that he's lying either.

Damborgson
Jesus, dude.

----------

If I have a problem with it ? Your deductive powers are frighteningly powerful.

Be honest. Be as honest as possible with me. If I ACTUALLY gave you a comprehensive list of why I disagree, would you change your mind ?
Admit you overstepped, etc?

Edit: I dont know where you say a "faux-insult" by the way.

Galan007
So the solution is what? Throwing these little temper tantrums in various threads? You think that will be better received than trying to have a civilized discussion with us about the ban, and getting OUR perspectives/motives on it as well before jumping to conclusions?

Look, you're obviously upset about the ban and that's fine(we knew it was bound to piss some people off)... But it also seems like you're directing a lot of unprovoked angst toward us that could have been maturely addressed via PM or w/e. Again: contrary to what you might think, this was NOT a kneejerk reaction by any means. We mulled it over extensively before deciding to go that route, and there were several factors that played a part in the final decision.

Sorry things weren't handled to your standards, but if you have any legitimate questions/concerns about this, all you have to do is PM one of us about it. This faux-insult thing you keep doing in threads is just childish and unnecessary. We're all adults here... Lets act like it.

Damborgson
I asked you a question Galan.

And you're not using the word faux correctly I dont think ?

This isn't a matter that should be discussed via PM, because it's a widespread decision made for the VS forum as a whole. Therefore it should be discussed "openly ".

If you wanted it to be interpreted differently, then you(collectively) should have given a better interpretation.

So is the answer yes or no?

Galan007
I asked you a question Galan.

And you're not using the word faux correctly I dont think ?

This isn't a matter that should be discussed via PM, because it's a widespread decision made for the VS forum as a whole. Therefore it should be discussed "openly ".

If you wanted it to be interpreted differently, then you(collectively) should have given a better interpretation.

So is the answer yes or no? And I gave you an answer, Dambo.

Most people have accepted the ban, and aren't overly upset by it... At least not enough to get pissy about it in multiple threads(it's just temporary, ffs.) So instead of derailing threads with your unprovoked faux-insults and whatnot, just PM one of us with your questions/concerns and we can go from there.

Will it change anything? Maybe, maybe not. But at the very least you'll get a better picture of WHY we went that route, instead of just making assumptions and jumping to conclusions on your own... Especially given that my announcement regarding the ban(which I felt was pretty comprehensive, tbh) evidently still wasn't thorough enough for you.

Like I said: you can disagree with the ban all you want, but the way you're going about it is unnecessary.

DarkSaint85
I would like to see the list

Galan007
What list?

Flyattractor
Hulk should be easy to git rid of. Just wait for him to do a Big Jump. Put him in a force bubble and shoot him into deep space.

Problem solved.

Cause YAY BFR being left on the table!

DarkSaint85
What list?

The list of Damborgs grievances.

wakkawakkawakka
So would it be possible to also include Alan Scott and Jade...or are we just using the main GL Corps for the thread?

Damborgson
And I gave you an answer, Dambo.

Most people have accepted the ban, and aren't overly upset by it... At least not enough to get pissy about it in multiple threads(it's just temporary, ffs.) So instead of derailing threads with your unprovoked faux-insults and whatnot, just PM one of us with your questions/concerns and we can go from there.

Will it change anything? Maybe, maybe not. But at the very least you'll get a better picture of WHY we went that route, instead of just making assumptions and jumping to conclusions on your own... Especially given that my announcement regarding the ban(which I felt was pretty comprehensive, tbh) evidently still wasn't thorough enough for you.

Like I said: you can disagree with the ban all you want, but the way you're going about it is unnecessary.

No Galan, you didn't:

Be honest. Be as honest as possible with me. If I ACTUALLY gave you a comprehensive list of why I disagree, would you change your mind ?
Admit you overstepped, etc?

YES OR NO?

If we complied to everything because most people accepted it, there would never be any change and nothing would ever be wrong. Because the majority would always overshadow the minority, and the grievances or the few would be thrown away without importance.

You're stepping out of your territory if you're going to philosophize with me.

Yes, multiple threads being what, 2 of them lol? This one and the off topic one? That is faux outrage. (That's how you use the term)

Your announcement was merely an announcement of how the will of mods was going to be put into place, and those who went against it would be punished. You tell me what's wrong with that.

Especially with something so simple as discussing feats. That is the bread and butter of our forum for years. We're not going to agree always, everyone should be prepared for that. You, or anyone else, does not get to make that decision for us on what we must now accept. Which yes, is exactly what you're doing.

You removed Superman from the tiers list FFS. Under the explanation that "Oh well he'd beat anyone if he wanted to anyway, so this makes sense."

That needs to be discussed and agreed upon FIRST, by the members, not the mods.

P.S. If it's temporary, say it:

" After 'Doomsday Clock' has concluded, we will revisit whether or not the ban on Superman threads in the versus forum should be lifted." Those are your words.

And I'll translate: "If we feel like it, we will allow you to discuss him again. Possibly."

The PROPER thing to do would be open a thread, by you or anyone else who participated in the decision, and allow the members to give their grievances. If it turns out that you are indeed wrong, then it should result in the revoking of your decision. Like a decent person who knows how to handle power would do.

Unless its your way or the highway, in which case, ban me now, because I will continue to express what I genuinely believe to be a violation of member rights.

Damborgson
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The list of Damborgs grievances.

And I would love to give it, but only if I know I'm going to get somewhere.

I already said a bit of it, but I am 100% against the idea of us just being able to "vent" and then be ignored.

-Pr-
And I would love to give it, but only if I know I'm going to get somewhere.

I already said a bit of it, but I am 100% against the idea of us just being able to "vent" and then be ignored.

Listening to you vent but disagreeing with you is not the same as ignoring you.

If anyone has any issue with forum rules or something a mod says or does, they have every right to ask/talk about it. You just have to be reasonable about it. Like Galan said, it was never expected that everyone be on-board with the ban. People will have their reasons for not liking it, and those reasons can be respected while not being agreed with.

You really sound like you're saying "i'll only complain to the mods directly if it gets me what i want". That might not be your intent, but it is how, at least to me, you're coming across.

If you want to have a proper talk about it, I have no problem with people making a thread about it or discussing it in PMs. There's always room for dialogue, and no reason why we can't get along.

Galan007
C'mon, Dambo... I've already asked you to take these faux-grievances of yours elsewhere, because this is NOT the place for it. I have been more than polite with you so far.

If you feel like a temporary ban on Superman threads is a violation of your "member rights", I'm sorry, but again, your "member voice" is not going to be heard when you're just ranting in random threads.

I have no will to see you banned. I'm just asking for you to handle this like an adult. Trying to be civil here, but it seems like you're going out of your way to be difficult.

carver9
No Galan, you didn't:

YES OR NO?

If we complied to everything because most people accepted it, there would never be any change and nothing would ever be wrong. Because the majority would always overshadow the minority, and the grievances or the few would be thrown away without importance.

You're stepping out of your territory if you're going to philosophize with me.

Yes, multiple threads being what, 2 of them lol? This one and the off topic one? That is faux outrage. (That's how you use the term)

Your announcement was merely an announcement of how the will of mods was going to be put into place, and those who went against it would be punished. You tell me what's wrong with that.

Especially with something so simple as discussing feats. That is the bread and butter of our forum for years. We're not going to agree always, everyone should be prepared for that. You, or anyone else, does not get to make that decision for us on what we must now accept. Which yes, is exactly what you're doing.

You removed Superman from the tiers list FFS. Under the explanation that "Oh well he'd beat anyone if he wanted to anyway, so this makes sense."

That needs to be discussed and agreed upon FIRST, by the members, not the mods.

P.S. If it's temporary, say it:

" After 'Doomsday Clock' has concluded, we will revisit whether or not the ban on Superman threads in the versus forum should be lifted." Those are your words.

And I'll translate: "If we feel like it, we will allow you to discuss him again. Possibly."

The PROPER thing to do would be open a thread, by you or anyone else who participated in the decision, and allow the members to give their grievances. If it turns out that you are indeed wrong, then it should result in the revoking of your decision. Like a decent person who knows how to handle power would do.

Unless its your way or the highway, in which case, ban me now, because I will continue to express what I genuinely believe to be a violation of member rights.

great post.

Supermutant
injusticeCh'p solos

https://i.imgur.com/MBtH12ul.jpg

DeadpoolXXX
jesus christ. its ONE ****ing character that youve been asked not to use on the in vs threads. ONE. .and for good reasons.

why dont u people just suck it up and deal with it? why do you now want to discuss it? do you really think every member is gonna have the same opinion? lol **** no,.a superman discussion thread would be a mess too.

i think the ban should be extended everytime someone whines about it.laughing out loud

Philosophía
^No matter how valid 'does taking a break from one single character that has become toxic in every thread really make the mods the ubermensch reincarnation?' may be - saying it mockingly to goad does not help. You're the guy yelling on the other side of the street "What did he just say to you? Man, if that was me..!"

My take - let's not pretend that this is about the 'forum freedom of speech' stuff - this hasn't started with Superman one-shotting a Multiversal being. This hasn't started with him jump-destroying a planet while on his death bed, either. Or whatever variation, over the months, of an insane feat. It hasn't even started with the 'Why does Superman have a rudimental brain to use his speed on the forum against Weapon X? sad I want him to get tagged", when mods literally had to re-state the rules that have been in place for a decade. Those are just symptoms, of people being frankly unable to cope with the character itself - and every thread devolving into a variation of 'but what does this say about Superman?'

I'd generally find it hard to believe that people are really - really - so single minded, so frustrated, that so much of their forum-brain revolves around one character, to the point that they can't talk about the 99.99% of other ones without the back of their brain going "I----must----talk----Superman". But then I open a random threads, and voila. Which brings it back full circle to showing that yes, indeed, the frustration of 'Superman wins, lol' is just too much for some people, and it really does need a break.

----

Now, as for the actual thread...it's impossible to say, since there's GLs....and GLs. 'Basic' GL is a weird concept, since they're all so different.

We can vary from Hal beating them all, to rookies looking like Ninjas...to Sodam Yat not being considered basic, etc. It's similar to asking 'how many basic street levelers' can X take.

ShadowFyre
I cant quote you philo but well said. I have not been paying much attention to the comic threads lately so not sure what this is about but yeah....**** superman. He wins all the time. Sick of his ass.

leonidas
tbf, i think there are several members who tend to....turn discussions in the direction of superman, or who, through comments both veiled and less-veiled, reveal superman-related agendas. the character has always been polarizing, but the attempts at setting him apart, or preventing discussion lately have only widened the gap between supporters and haters.

DeadpoolXXX
but why? why does it upset this guy SO much that he cant talk about superman for a while? it's one damn character....there are thousands more to pick from., and hes not even a superman fan.if thor were banned instead I guarantee he wouldnt still be some kind of advocate for kmc free speech lol.

in all honesty getting this mad about not being able to use superman in vs thread just makes him sound like a butthurt troll.its not the end of the world people.use him in a battle zone if it's that big of a deal lol

-Pr-
Guys, this isn't the time or the place. Please get back on topic.

Adam Grimes
Who the phuck is this Deadpoolx kid anyway?

----------

Anyway, everyone in the thread can take on a bunch of fodder lanterns that's for sure. An exact number? Maybe 10-15 each.

One Big Mob
I don't know what's going on but if you need to talk to one of us about our decision to ban Superman, you can talk to me or one of the team.

I won't respond, but you can feel comfort in knowing I won't share it with that cracker Galan. Pr maybe.

Galan007
Pr is definitely the better option than my honkey ass. thumb up

ShadowFyre
Who the phuck is this Deadpoolx kid anyway?

----------

Anyway, everyone in the thread can take on a bunch of fodder lanterns that's for sure. An exact number? Maybe 10-15 each.

This

abhilegend
Surfer vs a black hole.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Several more things from the director's cut of Silver Surfer Black.

The black hole was tearing Surfer apart.

https://i.postimg.cc/wMZ2wbFV/image.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/1RjvRfPq/image.jpg

Two rookie GLs vs a supernova and a black hole.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Rookie Lanterns tank a star going supernova and forming a black hole instantly.

https://i.postimg.cc/sBXYdJGf/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/67md9GCr/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/JDHjt4Q9/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/n9v7YRg2/image.jpg

Ergo, Surfer is shit compared to even rookie GLs.

h1a8
Superman can't be used in threads at the moment, friend.
What? Seriously?
Why is that?

DarkSaint85
It's stickied

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It's stickied

He won't find it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.