Red Sonja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
bye bye Singer, hello Soloway

https://deadline.com/2019/06/jill-soloway-red-sonja-new-director-transparent-creator-replace-bryan-singer-millennium-films-reboot-1202635998/

if this is a dupe thread then merge...

INB4 ignorance starts

Jmanghan
Holy shit, I've been wanting to get the original.

Flyattractor
More like Blue Bill SJWonja.

This will probably make Craptian Marbles look like a Conservative Political Flcik.

WHAMMINS POWUH!!!!!!!

Total Pass.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Flyattractor
More like Blue Bill SJWonja.

This will probably make Craptian Marbles look like a Conservative Political Flcik.

WHAMMINS POWUH!!!!!!!

Total Pass.

IOW, you'll see laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
bye bye Singer, hello Soloway

https://deadline.com/2019/06/jill-soloway-red-sonja-new-director-transparent-creator-replace-bryan-singer-millennium-films-reboot-1202635998/

if this is a dupe thread then merge...

INB4 ignorance starts

I love a good Sword and Sorcery flick, so I'll keep an eye on how this develops.

Did you know the original Red Sonja (1985) was supposed to tie into Schwarzenegger's Conan, but the producers could not secure the rights from the Robert E. Howard estate (creator of Conan), so they renamed the Conan character to Kalidor.

roughrider
Robert Rodriguez & Rose McGowan were supposed to have a new movie out years ago. We'll see if this proceeds further than that.

Millennium Films f**ked up the last Conan movie in 2011. Have they learned anything?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
I love a good Sword and Sorcery flick, so I'll keep an eye on how this develops.

Did you know the original Red Sonja (1985) was supposed to tie into Schwarzenegger's Conan, but the producers could not secure the rights from the Robert E. Howard estate (creator of Conan), so they renamed the Conan character to Kalidor.

I remember reading about that...

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider

Millennium Films f**ked up the last Conan movie in 2011. Have they learned anything?

Not like the actual film had a chance when it had Marcus Nispel directing it.

tkitna
All the Conan movies sucked and I cant see how this will be any better.

Flyattractor
Uh NO! The First CONAN Movie is AWESOMENESS INCARNATE!

Kazenji
Originally posted by tkitna

Wrong again, The first one is great.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Robtard

I also love a good one. Beastmaster, the original Conans, Red Sonja were all gems in my eyes as a kid.

ShadowFyre

You are entitled to your opinion but I would have to disagree.

Flyattractor

https://media.giphy.com/media/MxH83SEztdtao/giphy.gif

BruceSkywalker
I'll assume for now that they'll hire a name actress, but I'll hope they'll hire an unknown

Putinbot1
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I also love a good one. Beastmaster, the original Conans, Red Sonja were all gems in my eyes as a kid. Me too, I know Rob has a copy of Hawk the Slayer perhaps the greatest. Does anyone remember the excellent TV Robin of Sherwood with Michael Praed and Ray Winstone?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Me too, I know Rob has a copy of Hawk the Slayer perhaps the greatest. Does anyone remember the excellent TV Robin of Sherwood with Michael Praed and Ray Winstone?

i watched that with winstone.. it was fairly good

Robtard
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I also love a good one. Beastmaster, the original Conans, Red Sonja were all gems in my eyes as a kid.

Yep, and Hawk the Slayer, The Sword and the Sorcerer, Deathstalker (I'm sure I'm forgetting some). My childhood.

Of those, only Conan (1982) stands the test of time, it's a quality adventure film, the others are just pure cheese, enjoyable for what they are, but cheese.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.