Green Goblin vs Scarlet Witch (In the early 1970s)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quick Freeze
It's a simpler time. Marvel hadn't started their tradition of having company-sweeping storylines constantly intertwining with their solo/team books.

It's after 1970 when an idealistic Wanda Maximoff rejoins the Avengers after losing and regaining her powers for the first time, but before 1973 when an obsessed Norman Osborn impales himself with his own Glider.

Both have severe mental health issues that have yet to show their full potential.

Both end up becoming unique fixtures in the "Events Era" of Marvel we currently find ourselves in, starting around the mid-90s.

But how to they fair against each other in their classic incarnations? Is Wanda experienced enough to get an effective hex out on Norman before he hits her with a pumpkin bomb?

ShadowFyre
I personally think the guy that can keep up with Spiderman will be able to tag her first and she is a glass cannon so..

But if she is able to survive or dodge it then I definitely think she can pull some wins.

But I am going with Goblin for now.

Quick Freeze
Agreed

Have they ever had an on-panel appearance together? In any era?

ShadowFyre
No idea honestly. I am sure they do somewhere. Maybe in the Dark Avengers storyline would seem the most likely place for them to appear together

Laminator_X
Whoever strikes first wins. A sudden mid-air Goblin-Glider engine failure would ruin Norman's day, and one pumpkin bomb would drop Wanda.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I personally think the guy that can keep up with Spiderman will be able to tag her first and she is a glass cannon so..

But if she is able to survive or dodge it then I definitely think she can pull some wins.

Everyone could keep up with Spider-Man back then. Everyone.

And Goblin... Goblin didn't even have any powers.

StiltmanFTW
Wait.

Early 70s?

Maybe he did, but they were still developing. Same as Witch's stupid hex's powers, granted...

Flyattractor
https://media.giphy.com/media/wTTaiw8GECOK4/giphy.gif

StiltmanFTW
It's Sunday. Man's gotta drink before work.

And you have no idea about either character, so kindly get the **** out, you inbred imbecile.

There's no Imp to protect you here.

GG started with no powers. Just gadgets. Later, only his enhanced intelligence was mentioned.

Took years before anyone cared to amp his stats, so it'd make sense to see him fighting Spider-Man in the melee combat.

Flyattractor
https://media.giphy.com/media/Xe7poydepYV7W/giphy.gif

Quick Freeze

Flyattractor
https://media.giphy.com/media/3owzVUJEymbhNL7ji0/giphy.gif

StiltmanFTW

Badabing
Have a good week Fly. thumb up

Quick Freeze
Lol did Fly just get banned?

ShadowFyre
That didnt seem fair at all to be honest with you bada but im guessing there is some context

zopzop

thumb up

Quick Freeze

ShadowFyre
I have no idea on that last one bud.

I just think its funny Stilt called him an inbred imbecile and all fly did was post a gif but whatever. None of my business. Hope you find your answer. Maybe Galan or Stilt or somebody knows.

cdtm
Scarlet Bytch wins.

Quick Freeze

abhilegend

Quick Freeze
THAAAATS RIGHT! Thank you you just saved me $10!

ShadowFyre
There ya go

StiltmanFTW
I have no idea on that last one bud.

I just think its funny Stilt called him an inbred imbecile and all fly did was post a gif but whatever. None of my business. Hope you find your answer. Maybe Galan or Stilt or somebody knows.

Fly never posts on the actual topic. Never. He just likes to mess with people.

My posts WERE on the damn topic. Marvel really took their sweet time before they established Norman's powerset (same with Wolverine and many other characters).

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
THAAAATS RIGHT! Thank you you just saved me $10!

Lol. Yeah, Shadow's right about that.

PS. Imagine how pissed all the Spider Woman fans were, once they found out so many of her showings were actually Veranke's...

ShadowFyre
Like i said, none of my business. Was just confused. And that was abhi that answered that but I will take the credit. Your welcome quickfreeze

StiltmanFTW
Like i said, none of my business. Was just confused. And that was abhi that answered that but I will take the credit. Your welcome quickfreeze

Sorry, tired. 8-5 shitty job and all that.

So yeah, Abhilegend was right; Loki was messing with Pym and his group of Avengers at the time.

Quick should still consider checking that out, though. Dark Reign was very good overall.

Quick Freeze

StiltmanFTW
Slott's run had some good moments.

Some are getting re-posted to this day:

https://tinyurl.com/y25xoemm

Badabing

Quick Freeze

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mighty_Avengers_Vol_1_25

Bada was joking. Nobody else is getting banned, c'mon.

As for Digi. He retired. He wanted to have his mod privileges removed and everything, but, unfortunately, Raz doesn't visit often enough (once per 3 years?) to care.

Quick Freeze

Badabing

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by Badabing
My knowledge of comics before the mid 80s is crap. embarrasment

What! Oh man you're missing out! Maybe I'm an old soul but the stuff written 20-30 years before you're born is a great way to connect w your favorite stories/characters. I highly recommend DC's Showcase series or Marvel's Essential series (if you don't mind black and white reprints) for the biggest bang for your buck and just want 600 pages of an original series for like $20 and then if there's an issue or storyline you want in color you can decide to buy the back issue or colored reprint of it

Quick Freeze
Does anyone have an opinion on any other more modern variations of either character?

Iron Patriot? Super-Adaptoid? Red Goblin? Does modern SW stomp all these incarnations? Do they all stomp pre-HOM Wanda?

StiltmanFTW
Iron Patriot was more pathetic than Goblin w/ his standard gear, lol.

The other two were quite formidable.

Quick Freeze
Lol true. Even with that, I guess both characters are too inconsistent and too different to be an interesting forum battle no matter how hard i try to force it. I just found it so interesting that Wanda was so central to HoM, which directly/indirectly triggered all the events that culminated in Dark Reign/Siege, in which Osborn was so central, and they never, ever met.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.