Is it time for a digital "bill of rights"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TempAccount
With YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, you-name-it, etc banning/censoring conservative talking-heads left and right, is it time for legislation that would prohibit these moves?

What exactly is "hate-speech"? Anything that can be interpreted as being hostile towards another group of people? Give me a break.

Flyattractor
Leftists Hate Rights... ALL Of them..

That and KMC is Techincally a Dick-In-Tater-SHIP.

KMC hates the Rights Very Much!

Putinbot1
No, it just takes a sane stance on those to hide behind "muh free speech" to be horrible people Fly.

You want to say something boring, or irrelevant, or malicious? Claim someone is trying to ban you from saying it. It's how these vacuous Youtube followers are manipulated.

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
No, it just takes a sane stance on those to hide behind "muh free speech" to be horrible people Fly.

You want to say something boring, or irrelevant, or malicious? Claim someone is trying to ban you from saying it. It's how these vacuous Youtube followers are manipulated.

The problem is your definition of a "sane" stance.

Silent Master
So the far-lefts stance is that people shouldn't have their rights protected?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Silent Master
So the far-lefts stance is that people shouldn't have their rights protected? Where? Answer: Nowhere.

Flyattractor
So the far-lefts stance is that people shouldn't have their rights protected?

Mmmyeah , pretty much. Just look at how Google/Youtube hides behind their shenanigans like wiith the Crowder stuff. They tell him He hasn't Broke Any Rules... but they punihsed him cause they don't like how he thinks....

Leftism is Fascism.

The Same kind of thing happens here on the microcosm that is KMC all the time.

And now FacsistBook is going to start pulling THIS SHIT!

FaceBook to soon start Banning People (aka Conservatives) for "HATE SILENCE!

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Mmmyeah , pretty much. Just look at how Google/Youtube hides behind their shenanigans like wiith the Crowder stuff. They tell him He hasn't Broke Any Rules... but they punihsed him cause they don't like how he thinks....

Leftism is Fascism.

The Same kind of thing happens here on the microcosm that is KMC all the time.

And now FacsistBook is going to start pulling THIS SHIT!

FaceBook to soon start Banning People (aka Conservatives) for "HATE SILENCE! Logical Action, look at Fly's opinion, think the opposite. laughing

Flyattractor
https://regenerativefuturesummit.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Think-Wrong-1030x532.png

Putinbot1
https://regenerativefuturesummit.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Think-Wrong-1030x532.png Unlike you to be that honset, but yes, you do.

Flyattractor
Just pointing out how our Loveable Loony Lefties actually Think!

Putinbot1
Just pointing out how our Loveable Loony Lefties actually Think! "Loony Lefties" in comparison to the raving righties on this site? Seriously? Really?

Flyattractor
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/c3/da/3f/c3da3ffe38e62eb1e4c02aa2a0013d03.jpg

ares834
Originally posted by TempAccount
With YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, you-name-it, etc banning/censoring conservative talking-heads left and right, is it time for legislation that would prohibit these moves?

Nope.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by TempAccount

What exactly is "hate-speech"? Anything that can be interpreted as being hostile towards another group of people? Give me a break.

I'd rather see a bill of rights which involves government not interfering in a private website's right to manage it's own content. not that it's needed

Emperordmb
I would like to see some legislation that holds them accountable to defining and being clear about what their own rules are.

Flyattractor
Yeah. That would be nice.

Surtur
Originally posted by ares834
Nope.

Just to be clear, you're perfectly fine with a few corporations controlling what is rapidly becoming the new public square? With them being able to behave like a publisher, claim first amendment rights, while also enjoying the immunity granted to them due to their "platform" status?

ares834

Surtur

ares834

Surtur
I'm tired of the edit button not working, so I'm just gonna add another post. You didn't address twitter claiming both publisher and platform status. That as nothing to do with Trump. A platform cannot have first amendment rights, a publisher can. At different times twitter has argued it has both.

When we see them behave this way, when we see the power they have, when our government has already set the precedent on getting involved in who can or can't be blocked...I just feel yeah, shit needs to be regulated or something. Make it a public utility, my phone company can't drop me over an offensive text message, can they?

Surtur

ares834

Surtur

Silent Master
If the companies get 100% say it what they allow on their site, then they should be held 100% responsible for everything they allow to be posted, right?

Surtur
That would make them a publisher(which is not what they want). Platforms enjoy an immunity, but not first amendment rights.

Yet twitters own attorneys have argued it has first amendment rights. Its senior strategist on public policy has said the same thing.

They wanna have their cake and eat it too.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I'd rather see a bill of rights which involves government not interfering in a private website's right to manage it's own content. not that it's needed

If the companies get 100% say in what they allow on their site, then they should be held 100% responsible for everything they allow to be posted, right?

eThneoLgrRnae
Bashy is too damn dumb to understand the difference between a publisher and a website that essentially acts as a public square.

Surtur
If the companies get 100% say in what they allow on their site, then they should be held 100% responsible for everything they allow to be posted, right?

https://media.giphy.com/media/DM9n9fNry8tq0/giphy.gif

Putinbot1
When your livelihood relies on youtube... laughing no

Putinbot1

Silent Master

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/top-10-highest-paid-youtube-stars-of-2018-forbes/

Putinbot1
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/top-10-highest-paid-youtube-stars-of-2018-forbes/ I dong doubt they earn money... it will all go wrong for most of them.

Biting the hand that feeds them by earning money as online Nazis to gain advertising. Funny stuff.

eThneoLgrRnae

When your livelihood relies on trolling people and posting a bunch of anti-USA threads on a comic book/movies forum because you are so damn jealous that America is soooo much better than your country. laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Silent Master
I dong doubt they earn money... it will all go wrong for most of them.

Unless they're morons(which several of them probably are) they have already earned more than enough to retire.

Surtur
I dong doubt they earn money... it will all go wrong for most of them.

Biting the hand that feeds them by earning money as online Nazis to gain advertising. Funny stuff.

Nobody on the list provided is a nazi.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
When your livelihood relies on trolling people and posting a bunch of anti-USA threads on a comic book/movies forum because you are so damn jealous that America is soooo much better than your country. laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing so you think I'm british now little one, make up your mind snookums.

Putinbot1
Unless they're morons(which several of them probably are) they have already earned more than enough to retire. well fair play to them for making money till the bubble bursts for them, funny stuff.

Silent Master

Which ones do that?

Putinbot1
Which ones do that? Probably any that YouTube ban.

Silent Master
Probably any that YouTube ban.

Which people on that list have been banned for being Nazis?

eThneoLgrRnae
If you support Trump, voted for Brexit, believe very strongly in the 2nd amendment and strong borders then you are by default a "nazi" in Bashy's/pooty's little brain.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
So I might've missed this, where did you fall on the Bake the Cake issue?

Surtur
well fair play to them for making money till the bubble bursts for them, funny stuff.

Why do you have such disdain for youtubers?

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
Why do you have such disdain for youtubers?

Probably because so many people on the right use it to get their voice heard. He wants the left to control everything including the narrative and the way people think. That's how authoritarians roll ya know...and an authoritarian pooty/bashy is.

They (the left) don't want any dissenting opinions to be made well-known because it might start attracting more people to their way of thinking. They want everyone thinking alike that "Orange man bad!! Orange man bad!!"

Surtur
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Probably because so many people on the right use it to get their voice heard. He wants the left to control everything including the narrative and the way people think. That's how authoritarians roll ya know...and an authoritarian pooty/bashy is.

They (the left) don't want any dissenting opinions to be made well-known because it might start attracting more people to their way of thinking. They want everyone thinking alike that "Orange man bad!! Orange man bad!!"

IMO his biggest issue with it is that you're able to see criticism of the left that comes from sources other than the right.

It's why they do not like liberals such as Tim Pool, Dave Rubin, and Sargon.

eThneoLgrRnae
IMO his biggest issue with it is that you're able to see criticism of the left that comes from sources other than the right.

It's why they do not like liberals such as Tim Pool, Dave Rubin, and Sargon.

Good point. thumb up

SquallX

Robtard
KMC's Trumper Squad wanting the government to interfere with private platforms, too funny.

If you think Youtube, Twitter or whatever is shit and are "fascist" as you like to label anyone who holds a different viewpoint, go to anther platform. You know, the whole "free market will sort it out" approach you people often use to defend a person's right to bigotry.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Robtard
KMC's Trumper Squad wanting the government to interfere with private platforms, too funny.

If you think Youtube, twitter or whatever is shit and are "fascist" as you like to label, go to anther platform. You know, the whole "free market will sort it out" approach you people often use to defend a person's right to bigotry.

What exactly are Trumpers wanting the government to do?

Surtur

If you think Youtube, Twitter or whatever is shit and are "fascist" as you like to label anyone who holds a different viewpoint, go to anther platform. You know, the whole "free market will sort it out" approach you people often use to defend a person's right to bigotry.

Translation:

https://i.imgur.com/hzChx03.jpg

eThneoLgrRnae
^ laughing out loud

Putinbot1

If you think Youtube, Twitter or whatever is shit and are "fascist" as you like to label anyone who holds a different viewpoint, go to anther platform. You know, the whole "free market will sort it out" approach you people often use to defend a person's right to bigotry. Bingo! thumb up

dadudemon

thumb up

Agreed

Enough regulation and forcing companies to act and do what you want.

Bitchute was created as an alternative to YouTube because of YouTube's unfair practices. It looks like it is taking off. I'll try to use it more often to show my support. Is there a viable alternative to Twitter?

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
thumb up

Agreed

Bitchute was created as an alternative to YouTube because of YouTube's unfair practices. It looks like it is taking off. I'll try to use it more often to show my support. Is there a viable alternative to Twitter?

We've been over this before: you know the troubles Gab has faced. People will not simply let you go quietly form your own platform.

And just like when people didn't like Patreon and went to StarSubscribe...SJW's attacked that as well and they had to suspend payments.

Minds is another alternative, guess what? An upcoming event they are holding is having to switch venues because one venue cancelled because Antifa threatened to burn it to the ground. And this is after they hacked into the theaters twitter account and said they wouldn't release it until they dropped the group from the event.

So yeah I'd thumb Robs comment up a thousand f*cking times if it was based in reality and if shitheads who cry over youtube hosting offensive shit wouldn't run over to the very next platform these people try to use and cry there too.

It's not that these people don't want these views on youtube and twitter, they don't seem to want them anywhere. So f*ck that, I say fight youtube so they stop bending the knee to SJWs. F*ck 'em. They've earned so much off these creators and those creators do not deserve to have a big steaming dump taken on their livelihoods cuz some fruitcakes got offended. *They* should leave youtube if it's offensive instead of whining to them about hurt feelings and offensive videos. I, Surtur, turn off a tv show if I don't like it I do not try to get it cancelled.

Surtur
Exhibit A of people who went to alternative platform being left alone to their own devices:

Why is Antifa Attacking the #Minds IRL Event?

vKPfD72d2N0

eThneoLgrRnae
We've been over this before: you know the troubles Gab has faced. People will not simply let you go quietly form your own platform.

And just like when people didn't like Patreon and went to StarSubscribe...SJW's attacked that as well and they had to suspend payments.

Minds is another alternative, guess what? An upcoming event they are holding is having to switch venues because one venue cancelled because Antifa threatened to burn it to the ground. And this is after they hacked into the theaters twitter account and said they wouldn't release it until they dropped the group from the event.

So yeah I'd thumb Robs comment up a thousand f*cking times if it was based in reality and if shitheads who cry over youtube hosting offensive shit wouldn't run over to the very next platform these people try to use and cry there too.

It's not that these people don't want these views on youtube and twitter, they don't seem to want them anywhere. So f*ck that, I say fight youtube so they stop bending the knee to SJWs. F*ck 'em. They've earned so much off these creators and those creators do not deserve to have a big steaming dump taken on their livelihoods cuz some fruitcakes got offended. *They* should leave youtube if it's offensive instead of whining to them about hurt feelings and offensive videos. I, Surtur, turn off a tv show if I don't like it I do not try to get it cancelled.

Agreed 100%.

And many people still don't understand the differences betweeen a publisher and a public forum/square. This 6-minute video does an excellent job of explaining them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6C6_NVj964

Basically, it points out that a platform can't be both at the same time. A platform, like You Tube for instance, can't simultaneously act like a publisher by controlling everything that gets said on its channel and also claim to be an open forum and/or public square type of channel in which anyone can post whatever they want on it and which also makes YT immune from being sued for anything people post on the channel.

That is the basis for Prager U's lawsuit against You Tube which is what the video in link above is about.

You Tube is trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Emperordmb
Honestly I'm starting to feel somewhat optimistic. Facebook has at least admitted to the bias on their platform and taken a first step towards trying to fix it, youtube has in the past few weeks actually acknowledge pewdiepie's existence and been doing more to deal with bullshit copystrike claims.

I'm not getting complacent and assuming everything will go great from here, but I'm tentatively a bit optimistic.

dadudemon

Have you seen bitchute? It's very similar to YouTube. It is an alternative and it is working. It is successful already. Case closed.

As for Twitter-alts - nothing you mentioned matters. Literally doesn't matter for this topic. If a business' success is dependent upon holding a rally, that's a shitty business unless the business is a rally-making business or something.

When in the history of any online technology has holding a rally been paramount to a technology's success?

Robtard
Translation:

https://i.imgur.com/hzChx3.jpg

You didn't have a proper retort to my post so you posted a silly picture. Noted.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
thumb up

Agreed

Never heard of Bitcbute, I'll check it out later. Thanks.

No idea, as I don't use this sort of social media. But a quick search results in multiple Twitter alternative. "Mastodon" seems to be the most popular and it's open-source.

Emperordmb
What I'm tossing around in my head conceptually is a law that holds these companies accountable to the terms of service they have their users agree to, make it more like a contract. Make it so that these social media platforms can have whatever rules they want, they just have to be honest about what the rules actually are. *COUGH*Patreon*COUGH*

Silent Master
We don't want your kind using this social media option, go use that one over there.

How very separate but equal.

Surtur
We don't want your kind using this social media option, go use that one over there.

How very separate but equal.

Even when people tried to leave twitter and create a place like Gab...people went after it.

Just like when people began to leave Patreon and go to SubscribeStar leftists went after it and paypal banned Subscribe Star.

Oh and Gab also created an extension for browsers called Dissenter where if you have it installed you could comment on any news article. This included articles that didn't normally allow comments. You can guess what happened next.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.