Real life soap operas are better...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Well, my knighthood is coming soon, and what a ride it has been. It's great stuff here, it really is, even if the speeds of the 2/3 section vs. this one are giving cause for concern. And perhaps soon we are embarking on a new role-playing journey that will make this place better still.

I read through a lot of the old back posts in the GDF... wow, guys! This place is nothing less than hardcore drama! You'd pay to see it if it wasn't free... with your King Jedi's, and your EJs, and your queeq searching (how are the drugs and tulips, buddy?)... amazing. I wish I'd been here then.

Perhaps we can get some of the oldies back?I know UBH is just AWOL (though quite what he'd make of our religious discussion I don't know), but I'm sure we've lost some great posters for various reasons that probably don't apply now... we know what people are like ( I mean, I virtually had a blazing row with Merc and I still miss him)... or perhaps some have gone because they thought this place wasn't goping anywhere, which I'm sure isn't the case. I can bring some friends in, though I doubt if they'll be as committed as I am. But I'd like to meet some of the people you've sadly lost along the way...

So I'd like to say a big thank you to all you guys for providing for with so much fun- both in the posting, and the backstory... as I say, real-life soaps are better. People may decry us for putting so much into a kids sci-fi fantasy films, but as fans, we know what we are doing...

So, thanks to the whole Council who made me feel so welcome, big thanks to Gundark and, of course, queeq, for so quickly accepting me into the main sociality of it all, and apologies to Finti and queeq for the unpleasntness with the names... thankyou, thankyou, thankyou...

Darth Daft
On behalf of everyone here at the forums, may I just say a big fat chunky "YOU'RE WELCOME"

Dim
Ush, You are a glutton for punishment! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Hmmm, I didn't know we were so entertaining..

Ratcat
Oh, I dunno, beats watching paint dry.

finti
No problem Ush everyone can miss spell names. I really enjoy your posts they are so well written. You have great insights and strong opinion written in a "calm" way.
Happy days!!!

Ratcat
Yes Ush, you ARE a posting god!!!

queeq
Ush, as you know, I appreciated your posts from the moment you started them. I for one will do my best to keep the soap opera level on this board at a maximum. So there's lots to look forward to.

Once you get your knighthood, you can get a job at the Tavern anytime. smile

Ushgarak
And that's it.. well, it shoud be, anyway.I gladly accept this honour you bestow on me, and promise to defend and uphold the Code of the Jedi.

Thanks guys- I love you all.

Any news on the role-playing idea?

Ushgarak
Ok, THIS should be it. Sorry for the repeat, non-edit post, but, you know special occasion...

Ratcat
Someone recently said to me "I just don't want to be everyone's soap opera."

I'm still unclear on what this meant.....

Ushgarak
It probably meant that he/she had come up with a cool sound bite,probably in the middle of the night, and wanted to use it somewhere

Ratcat
Yeah, sounds like it doesn't it...laughing out loud

queeq
And a cool sound bite it is.

Gundark
Oooooo, thanks, Ush. So glad to hear you enjoy our wretched hive of scum and villany. smile

queeq
Well, we did do our best. laughing out loud

Gundark
Yes, my master...evil face

Dim
Hmmm...now I don't know what to say...:/

Ratcat
Then don't say anything. That way everybodies happy!!!

Dim
Just so that everyone knows you're a talented smarta$$..stick out tongue

Ratcat
I have talent. When did that happen??? laughing out loud

Gundark
My, Dimmy, RC certainly is rammy today. laughing out loud Ready to take on the empire yourself, RC ? rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
Nah, just ready to take on Dim, and WIN!!!big grin

queeq
I wouldn't even try it. I defied her once, I am never going to do that again. eek!

Ratcat
And I'm sure you got everything you deserved. laughing out loud

queeq
Oh yes. And I'll never forget. Better be careful, RC. I speak out of experience.

Ratcat
You have experience of Dim? Hmmmm, DO tell. laughing out loud

queeq
Read my earlier posts. I cannot speak of what happened after that. It's.... it's........ *runs away*

Ratcat
Well, talk about revelations....

Ushgarak
Boo-hoo... I'm not credited as a knight on the front end... and I told my friends I would be... perhaps I have to prove myself further...

Seriously though, guys, what's happening on the Role-playing? Poor old forum, all cold and alone...

Ratcat
Yeah, Raz does need to update the front end now. Guess you could drop a note in the suggestions forum...

Raz
I'll get on to that on the next site update.

Congrulations on your knighthood! Only 750 posts 'till you get Jedi Master status laughing out loud

Gundark
queeq wants his name in lights like on the beginning of the Bullwinkle show. laughing out loud

Xizor
Welcome Ush, I am Xizor. I don't think you know me but I guess I must have a minor roll in this soap opera.smile If you read back away you could find me as the womanizer with a big ego, but they threatened to kill me off(joke) so now I've calmed down the macho BS and am intent on chillin, making good posts and being a cool, guiding influence. What are your opinions on Falleens and the Dark Prince specifically?

Dim
laughing out loud .. Xiz is the Casanova of this here thread..laughing out loud

OH, and RC..you really should listen to queeq...the girl always wins big grin

Gundark
I thought the Wookiee always won. smokin'

queeq
What's the difference? laughing out loud

Ratcat
Dim honey, you won't win, well not THIS round anyway... And besides, if you try you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but maybe the Wednesday after that!!! smile

finti
Welcome fellow Knight.*Finti puts blade on Ush`s shoulder, well at least a coctail sword*smile

Ratcat
Careful, he doesn't want to loose an arm...laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Oh wow...everyone's saying hi... hi back!

And KJ and Xizor have now said hi as well, mighty champions of this place.

Um...my opinions on what and what? I think you have the advantage on me there, Xizor.

Ratcat
But Ush, you have soooo many. laughing out loud We like that.

queeq
Ush a knight. You make me feel very proud. Enjoy your new status, it'll get you free coupons and gifts you don't need.

Ushgarak
"Tick here to receive your portable Lightsabre polishing kit! Yes, never more need you appear before your enemies with an blemished lightsabre..."

"Bloody marvellous.I never leave the Temple without one"- JS, Stalybridge

"How did I live without it?" DJ, Caster

"This stuff attracts girls like you wouldn't believe!" Karachi Medical Gazette

queeq
laughing out loud

Ratcat
Ushgarak, you are 1 in a million!!!smile

queeq
No, one in 2 million.

Ratcat
NO, one in a billion!laughing out loud I hate oneupmanship....

queeq
One in 2 billion.

Ratcat
On in a Trillion times infinity squared!

Ushgarak
Hey! I don't want to be TOO rare! I'll never meet another me, otherwise!

Ratcat
Hmmm, meeting ones self, what if you met the anti-Ushgarak? You could shake hands and self anialate!!!laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Oohh, flashy

Ratcat
Yeah, but you'd probably take out half the sector too!!!laughing out loud

Gundark
No, Ush could only meet his opposite in the Bizarro world. And since this isn't a Superman thread, I'll let that one go. Hehehe. laughing out loud

By the mayhem invested me by the great and powerful Raz, I congratulate you and salute you on your knighthood ! May you soon reach 1000 posts and take your next step into a larger world ! (Of continuing chaos and mayhem, of course) laughing out loud laughing out loud Come on over to the tavern and lets celebrate ! smile smile

queeq
Didn't we have a title left for him: Disorder? Trauma? Panic?

Ratcat
Awww, you said I was Panic. no expression

Xizor
Ush, your opinions on the Dark Prince, Xizor. We are one in the same, so I guess that means your opinion of me. Nevermind. As for Wookies, Gundie you're getting them mixed up with the Falleen.smile

Gundark
Oh, go run your Black Sun. laughing out loud

Dim
Panic is RC...so, who's Pain, Sorrow, Fury...

Ratcat
Well, I think you're Fury, or is that Furry...laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Oh yeah, Xizor. He's the man! I've conferred in others to gather some opinions...

I understand you have a certain... way with women. Ooh!

Well, you have my respect. As for your people, I'll jusge them on an indiviudal basis. But I won't judge them on theor colour... and well I should not etc.

queeq
And green is a nice colour, very natural and sooting and all.

Hey, RC, you rejected the title of Panic. You even threatened to leave the boards if we would call you that. So I thought it was up for grabs.

Ushgarak
I hate to sound stupid... but I'm a Knight and everything, and I don't know who's who on that picture above... could someone fill me in? I only know you as vague net people; it's so sad...

Of course, the soap opera mystique may be destroyed if I know you too well...

Gundark
For you Ush, I'll be happy to take a short break from creating mayhem here in the GDF to take you on a scenic tour of Dimmy's masterpiece. smile

Left to right (which makes me first of course laughing out loud )
Gundark, Xizor (Our Dark Prince), Darth Daft (with his little chicken friend), The EvilJedi (who has left us, I guess), Ratcat on the speeder (we left him in the dryer too long, thats why he shrunk laughing out loud ), next is the lovely and talented Dim, the guy with the eyepatch is my illustrious Sith Master, queeq, and on the far right, missing in action, is UnknownBountyHunter. From the four corners of the earth, we've all come together just because of George's "little space thing". Amazing.

Send your pic in Ush, Dimmy will squeeze ya in there somewhere. smile We're missing finti too, but I think he's sending a pic.

Ushgarak
That's very kind, but I don't think I'm quite big enough here yet to be sending my picture in to be included with you good folks...

Hang on. Where the hell is Raz?

Dim
Raz is in the dinner (he wouldn't cough up a pic)

Ush if you want to be in the pic just get me a picture of you..I'm still waiting on finti. I don't think I'm going to get him and JO in until I get fint's pic...

Ratcat
Finti was supposed to be sending me his picture but I haven't seen it yet. As for Raz, well one of these days I'm gonna snap him with my digital camera!!!! If I can find him that is.....

finti
I know I was supposed to send you my picture RC, but I have just gotten the before (shaving) picture. Ned to develop the new film before the after is here. with Live around that shouldnt take too long, we taking a lot of pitures of her.
Patience people, dont rush in where angels fear to tread.evil face laughing out loud

queeq
Ush, you're big enough for me to be up there. Come one, man, join us.... or die. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Well, if you put it like THAT... I'll try and get a good shot.

queeq
YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Ushgarak
You cute little Jedi you...

queeq
Where? Where?

Ratcat
Well I wouldn't rush now Finti, I won't be around for a week to do anything with it, and then I'll have to send the scan to Dim for her to do her thing.

Dim
Yes...good pictures people!!! it makes things soooo much easier laughing out loud

Xizor
Green is sexy.

Ratcat
Well Dim, maybe you can take a better one of me then I won't have to be a midget any more. sad

Zareil
Hey people, how are you doing, personally in a manner that you wont realise my life as ever is complicated and perpetually full with plenty to do and yet having said that I still find time to come and do this and as such it obviously has a reason some where. Sorry this is just a short quick drink at the bar simply on the grounds that Ush suggested that I drop on by, but as siad its just one of those days. Hey I'll come by on Monday and wait to hear a few stories. Until next time have fun.
As always...

Ratcat
OK, now I AM confused...

Ushgarak
Don't worry, you'll get used to him.

The bar is a little way away from here, buddy. Look for the the 'Jabba's Underwater Tavern' sign.

finti
Well zareil that is just one hell of a sentence there.smile

queeq
We have a new service though: deliveries. He can have a drink here if he wants to.

finti
Served by a non eu membersmile

Dim
Ooooooooooh..can I be the delivery girl?!

queeq
Why not? Looks like we finally found some use for you. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Yeah, but you have to wear this bunny costume!!!!

queeq
Oh, great idea, RC. What's your size, Dim?

Ratcat
Oo Oo, I know this one!!!!

queeq
Errrr..... how come? Or don't I want to know?

Ratcat
Cos you ask the question, if you're lucky you get the answer....wink

queeq
So what IS Dim's size?

Ratcat
Hmmm, wouldn't that be impolite for me to reveal.

queeq
Only if it's huge. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Nah, she has a nice shape!

queeq
Obviously, you know. I trust you.

Gundark
But it has to be a PINK bunny suit with sunglasses. laughing out loud

Ratcat
We're back to that stupid energiser bunny again.

Ushgarak
And in MY thread as well...boo-hoo...

I'm going to post some more role-playing ideas. Time to get the ball rolling on that one...

Ratcat
Definately, and don't feel bad about the thread. It happens all the time.

Gundark
(Gundark points finger at queeq) Ah, not by my hand ! laughing out loud

Ratcat
Awww, don't come the all innocent!!!!laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Well, it's up! Please check it out...

Heck this thread was only a thankyou anyway, Seems a bit gauche to get territorial about it...

queeq
You said you liked this soap opera. I just wanted to give you your money's worth. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Most impressive Ush, must impressive.

queeq
Where? Where?

Raz
Ending the insanity.... laughing out loud

queeq, check out the suggestion forum.

burlyman
Bump bunny

Dexx
err...why? blink

zimbo
May be someone suggested something alien

Raz
Hmm....looks like it got opened again on the transfer.

rusky
oh...gone are the times when one could have a convo with a few members...

Raz..remember when u pm'ed me and fitch, after I joined, about that little problem that we were over posting embarrasment ?
Don't think anybody'd notice now...sad

Ushgarak
How the heck did this get back up here? Tell you something, it really cocks up trying to keep a sesne of history of this place when a thread like this gets catapulted back to the front.

burlyman
Raz told me to embarrasment

Ushgarak
Meh, nvm.

Hard to fathom why I cared about being a Knight, actually. I think it was 250 posts, and admittedly posts were far more scarce back then, but even so...

rusky
they were..I got noticed by raz for going crazy posting after my first 70 posts or so in a week..that's like well below average nowadays..

Ushgarak
And these days, I agree with Raz that 'earned' titles are a bad ideaa. Oh well, how we change with time... heck, this thread was pre-Edna! I remember her posting in the NEXT thankyou thread I made.

yerssot
still, the oldies should get rewarded wink

rusky
I find it funny though that in the months I was away KMC changed so much....disturbing even...

idd..yerrs..what counts as oldie ? wink

Baylin
Yeah give 'em a comfy chair and a mug of horlicks.... stick out tongue

yerssot
every regular member who joined before me big grin

rusky
heheh...b**** big grin j/k

tptmanno1
To all the oldies.

Have a Wrecked trailer, a rocking chair, a shotgun, and a can of beer.

May you be yelling at kidts to "Get off my lawn!!" for many years to come.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.