Popular knitting website bans support of Trump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
It's a known fact on the Internet the far right can't shut up. They spew their filth as if others want to hear it. It's not about free speech when you log on to one thing why would you want abhorrent rightism bombarding you. More and more companies and websites ban white supremacists. Here is another example.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jun/24/white-supremacy-popular-knitting-website-ravelry-bans-support-for-trump?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_WhatsApp

Silent Master
alien

Bashar Teg
misinterpretation of the bill of rights in 3...2...1...

Surtur
They are free to do it, though it doesn't mean they aren't dangerously wrong when they say support for Trump is support for white supremacy.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
misinterpretation of the bill of rights in 3...2...1...

Wrong website. Most people on this site understand the First Amendment doesn't grant one free speech in private forums and organizations - it's a protection of speech from the government smacking you down.

TempAccount
Who knew knitting was this big of a thing?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by TempAccount
Who knew knitting was this big of a thing? elderly ladies dur

Surtur
I've actually known a few younger women that knit.

Though come to think of it...they were all hispanic.

EDIT: When I say younger I don't mean younger than me, I mean around my age, but younger than elderly.

Raptor22
Originally posted by TempAccount
Who knew knitting was this big of a thing? i thought the exact same thing a few months ago. I was leaving a store and saw a gathering of people down the road. Thinking it was a fair or little festival i drove by to check it out. It turned out to be a yarn store having a sale. There was a line out the door, down the street and around the corner along with dozens of people just hanging around the parking lot and sidewalk just waiting to buy yarn.

I thought it was very strange

ArtificialGlory
Where my KKK doilies at!?

DeadpoolXXX
where's your avatar from AG? looks so familiar but i cant place it

Surtur
Looks like Michael Ian Black.

Trocity
That's funny, my sewing class just banned gay people.

shiv
Last week I walked past a shop which sells sewig machines.

I did a double take when I saw the shop sign

I looked and looked at the display window the ground floor of the building ... half of it was sewing machines .... garnished with yarn and with rolls of fabric and patterns.

And then I got it.

See if you can too.

dadudemon
I know another popular knitting site that banned PVS!

HA!

#Mommy'sTeets

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
I know another popular knitting site that banned PVS!

HA!

#Mommy'sTeets

Do you think there is an increasing trend in people being just unable or unwilling to properly identify white supremacy, and lumping innocent people in with it?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
where's your avatar from AG? looks so familiar but i cant place it
https://img.fireden.net/vg/image/1494/99/1494991005928.png

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
https://img.fireden.net/vg/image/1494/99/1494991005928.png thumb upwhats it from tho? or just random art?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.