Met pay almost a million dollars to Antifa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1

ArtificialGlory
Imagine actually changing your name to that of some football hooligan. Those are some lofty ****ing aspirations.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Imagine actually changing your name to that of some football hooligan. Those are some lofty ****ing aspirations. thumb up Exactly.

Surtur

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
As much as I don't like the cowards in Antifa this was a rare instance of them apparently protesting peacefully, so the cops were wrong and deserve this.

Though for a place that arrests people for mean things said online I'm not shocked at the behavior. and in spite of that every freedom index places it above the USA. 😊

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
and in spite of that every freedom index places it above the USA. 😊

What you're referring to doesn't just take freedom of speech into account IIRC.

Putinbot1
What you're referring to doesn't just take freedom of speech into account IIRC. most indexes include it as freedom of expression and belief. But you know... Fee fees.

Putinbot1
In things like Press Freedom, another indicator of free speech and another set of indexes in themselves, you are way down.

cdtm
I wonder why they paid?

The article only says the police sent undercover officers to survey the group, which were "arrested" away (extracted), so the force can "knet" (Knetting is a term the article uses for capturing the group) them. This was done because of Antifa being in violation of certain terms of where they were allowed to protest.

Antifa claimed they were unaware of the terms, but it should be an open and shut case if said terms existed, and should be on the group to honor them.

The payout came without any admission of wrong doing, so it's not like Met "lost". They simply chose to settle, for some reason.

snowdragon
most indexes include it as freedom of expression and belief. But you know... Fee fees.

That's weird because most of that index is literally an expression of the writers "fee fees." Although it did post some facts/news most of it was like reading what an interpretive dance would look like if it was dancing to "journalism."

laughing

Probably because they don't want their practices being put out to the public in regards to undercover work and policing in general.

Surtur
most indexes include it as freedom of expression and belief. But you know... Fee fees.

I never said it doesn't take it into account, I said that's not the only thing it takes into account. Stop being so butthurt all the time.

Surtur
In things like Press Freedom, another indicator of free speech and another set of indexes in themselves, you are way down.

Weird because your libel laws are much more lenient than ours lol.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by snowdragon
That's weird because most of that index is literally an expression of the writers "fee fees." Although it did post some facts/news most of it was like reading what an interpretive dance would look like if it was dancing to "journalism."

laughing

Probably because they don't want their practices being put out to the public in regards to undercover work and policing in general. It's not just one index mate loads of them are done. Surely they can't all be biased. The Harvard based one even usually shits on the USA

Surtur
It's not just one index mate loads of them are done. Surely they can't all be biased. The Harvard based one even usually shits on the USA

The kind of thing you're referring to takes more than just freedom of speech into account though, I assume you know this.

snowdragon
It's not just one index mate loads of them are done. Surely they can't all be biased. The Harvard based one even usually shits on the USA

I'm not going to review all of them, normally when you post a link I take the time to read the material. Not everything they say is slanted or wrong but it is OBVIOUS when they are putting a spin on things to create a narrative.

I mean you posted one freedom index and put some crazy statistics out regarding police and crime information in countries that don't even keep track of said information electronicallysmile I, of course, don't mean you literally created the data points but after I took time to review them they were wonky and didn't apply equally while still ranking countries for metrics they couldn't actually measure factually.

Putinbot1
I'm not going to review all of them, normally when you post a link I take the time to read the material. Not everything they say is slanted or wrong but it is OBVIOUS when they are putting a spin on things to create a narrative.

I mean you posted one freedom index and put some crazy statistics out regarding police and crime information in countries that don't even keep track of said information electronicallysmile I, of course, don't mean you literally created the data points but after I took time to review them they were wonky and didn't apply equally while still ranking countries for metrics they couldn't actually measure factually. I'd be interested to see the, I suspect other metrics are used to estimate. In freedom indexes it's different for the top 50 indicators are solid across most areas.

Surtur
I'd be interested to see the, I suspect other metrics are used to estimate. In freedom indexes it's different for the top 50 indicators are solid across most areas.

I got this from the cato institute:

"The index published here presents a broad measure of human freedom, understood as the absence of coercive constraint. It uses 79 distinct indicators of personal and economic freedom in the following areas:

Rule of Law
Security and Safety
Movement
Religion
Association, Assembly, and Civil Society
Expression and Information

Identity and Relationships
Size of Government
Legal System and Property Rights
Access to Sound Money
Freedom to Trade Internationally
Regulation of Credit, Labor, and Business"

Putinbot1
I got this from the cato institute:

"The index published here presents a broad measure of human freedom, understood as the absence of coercive constraint. It uses 79 distinct indicators of personal and economic freedom in the following areas:

Rule of Law
Security and Safety
Movement
Religion
Association, Assembly, and Civil Society
Expression and Information

Identity and Relationships
Size of Government
Legal System and Property Rights
Access to Sound Money
Freedom to Trade Internationally
Regulation of Credit, Labor, and Business" Yup, Cato is a good one as so many metrics are looked at. Where gaps exist they can be filled reasonably well by relationships between other factors. thumb up

samhain
Probably because they don't want their practices being put out to the public in regards to undercover work and policing in general.

Absolutely, they don't want to set a precedent that may come back to haunt them one day. Read up on the Battle of Orgreave for an insight on how the U.K. government handles operations like this.

Surtur
Yup, Cato is a good one as so many metrics are looked at. Where gaps exist they can be filled reasonably well by relationships between other factors. thumb up

Some our property right laws are a true joke. For instance...the stuff the cops can seize from a person.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by samhain
Absolutely, they don't want to set a precedent that may come back to haunt them one day. Read up on the Battle of Orgreave for an insight on how the U.K. government handles operations like this. Was terrible, but then you had live rounds, and people shot for demonstrating at Kent State Uni. So both Countries do the same there and we have article 10 still.

samhain
Was terrible, but then you had live rounds, and people shot for demonstrating at Kent State Uni. So both Countries do the same there and we have article 10 still.

Oh yeah, I shudder to think of the secrets global megapowers keep under wraps, the U.K., U.S., Russia, China, etc have likely done things comparable to the worst known crimes of humanity.

Surtur
Oh yeah, I shudder to think of the secrets global megapowers keep under wraps, the U.K., U.S., Russia, China, etc have likely done things comparable to the worst known crimes of humanity.

How god damn dare you suggest the USA would keep secrets!

samhain
How god damn dare you suggest the USA would keep secrets!

I've seen The X-Files, I know all about them.

Putinbot1
Oh yeah, I shudder to think of the secrets global megapowers keep under wraps, the U.K., U.S., Russia, China, etc have likely done things comparable to the worst known crimes of humanity. No doubt.

Trocity
Good for those fine, upstanding Antifa members.

I am assuming they immediately took the money and donated it to descendants of former slaves?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Trocity
Good for those fine, upstanding Antifa members.

I am assuming they immediately took the money and donated it to descendants of former slaves? Antifa UK is different, we didn't havevslaves like you yanks. We ended slavery early.

Robtard
Antifa UK is different, we didn't havevslaves like you yanks. We ended slavery early.

Trocity is a byproduct of being home-schooled by Trumper parents. You'll have to excuse his ignorance of history and everything, really.

Trocity
Antifa UK is different, we didn't havevslaves like you yanks. We ended slavery early.

I'm not American/don't live in America.

What is Antifa like in the UK?

cdtm

What is Antifa like in the UK?

Instead of throwing milkshakes, they toss crumpets with clotted cream.

Putinbot1

What is Antifa like in the UK? Exactly as itvsays on the tin, it protests against fascist groups like the BNP, Britain First and ex leaders of the EDL whobdog whistle hatred.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by cdtm
Instead of throwing milkshakes, they toss crumpets with clotted cream. Most milkshake tossing is done in the UK.

samhain
Yeah, you think we'd throw away perfectly good crumpets?

Putinbot1
Yeah, you think we'd throw away perfectly good crumpets? Makes me almost miss early dark evenings in December on a Saturday and a plate of crumpets with butter, with a cup of tea as I watch final score.

eThneoLgrRnae
LOL@ anyone who thinks the UK (or any other nation) is a more free country than the US when it comes to individual liberties/rights. I don't care what some damn poll or "free index" says, it's total BS.

Oh, and Antifa are not "anti-fascists"; they are actually the fascists themselves posing as anti-fascists.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
Instead of throwing milkshakes, they toss crumpets with clotted cream.

Lol the p*ssies in the UK started the milkshake throwing.

Surtur

Putinbot1
What is triggering you two today?

Surtur
What is triggering you two today?

^Remove the salt from your diet my son smile

Putinbot1
^Remove the salt from your diet my son smile dur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.