Fight against 'Not streaming on Netflix'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AverageGuy
Greedy corporations have started appending the phrase `not on netflix streaming for years` to their trailers and advertisements. 'Furious 7' and 'Jurassic World' are a couple of examples that have not yet been made available on Netflix. Oldies like 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' and 'Shameless' have also not been included. For a comprehensive list of these movies or to suggest an addition, visit 'https://notonnetflixstreamingforyears.com/blacklist'.

You probably would have guessed by now their reason for swimming against the tide. And we, at 'https://notonnetflixstreamingforyears.com' have actually calculated the whole "dollar equation" and we got the following result:

Netflix annual content costs: $2 billion
Number of hours people watched Netflix: 20 billion hours
Average cost per hour of content watched: $0.10 / hour
Average cost for a movie: $0.20
Average cost for a tv show episode: $0.07

It is actually a cheap and slimy strategy which will eventually shoot them in the foot. For more info., visit 'https://notonnetflixstreamingforyears.com'.

dadudemon
Ok.

They are not on Netflix streaming because Netflix refuses to pay their absurdly high price-gouging licensing fees. See the Starz falling out that Netflix and Starz had: they wanted $200 million for the renewal of the content.

HBO did one better: started their own streaming service for their movies and shows.

Now almost everyone has their own streaming service. Guess what will happen?

Someone like SUPER Netflix will come along, bundle up all of these streaming services into one service, and charge a monthly premium. Guess what that is? That's the same thing as cable. no expression

So it looks like it will go in a cycle.

What do the consumers want? All video content, on demand, in high quality, served up quickly, in one place, for a low monthly price. Literally, almost every last consumer wants this with extremely few exceptions.

This is why Capitalism isn't always the best answer. It doesn't have the best outcome. You end up with very anti-consumer scenarios like these.

TempAccount
I'm glad I watch fewer than 5 movies per year, don't watch any T.V , Netflix, Hulu, etc. Soon I will be phasing YouTube out of my life as well.

There are better ways to live your life and make it your own story so to speak.

mike brown
Originally posted by dadudemon
Ok.

They are not on Netflix streaming because Netflix refuses to pay their absurdly high price-gouging licensing fees. See the Starz falling out that Netflix and Starz had: they wanted $200 million for the renewal of the content.

HBO did one better: started their own streaming service for their movies and shows.

Someone like SUPER Netflix will come along, bundle up all of these streaming services into one service, and charge a monthly premium. Guess what that is? That's the same thing as cable. no expression

What do the consumers want? All video content, on demand, in high quality, served up quickly, in one place, for a low monthly price. Literally, almost every last consumer wants this with extremely few exceptions.

This is why Capitalism isn't always the best answer. It doesn't have the best outcome. You end up with very anti-consumer scenarios like these. you know another solution?

share login info with friends

Or

get a jail broke firestick

Or

download the shit for free using torrents etc

Shit only gets easier and cheaper to get as much content as I want, as long as I've been alive. God bless the internet.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by dadudemon
Ok.

This is why Capitalism isn't always the best answer. It doesn't have the best outcome. You end up with very anti-consumer scenarios like these. That sounds like an amazing evolution of cable.

cdtm
Originally posted by mike brown
you know another solution?

share login info with friends

Or

get a jail broke firestick

Or

download the shit for free using torrents etc

Shit only gets easier and cheaper to get as much content as I want, as long as I've been alive. God bless the internet.

Nothing beats unreliable half assed streams on your parents internet connection.

I assume you're not paying for the isp, or you'd know cord cutting is pretty damned expensive, because of how cable companies bundle up cable, internet, and telephone at a discount, vs paying for internet straight.

Try shoplifting dvd's and using McDonalds outlets for a thrift shop crt tv, that's the ultimate cheapness.

mike brown

mike brown
Originally posted by cdtm
Nothing beats unreliable half assed streams on your parents internet connection.

I assume you're not paying for the isp, or you'd know cord cutting is pretty damned expensive, because of how cable companies bundle up cable, internet, and telephone at a discount, vs paying for internet straight.

Try shoplifting dvd's and using McDonalds outlets for a thrift shop crt tv, that's the ultimate cheapness. dunno what you're talking about tbh. I don't buy internet ATM cause my phone data covers it. If it's not in Netflix, Hulu etc then I down load it. The quality is fine. I live on my own. I just don't see the point in an internet connection if my phone gives me unlimited access at home and I have WiFi at work.

I know someone else who has the fire stick and it works fine as well. And no they don't live at their parents house.

dadudemon
dunno what you're talking about tbh. I don't buy internet ATM cause my phone data covers it. If it's not in Netflix, Hulu etc then I down load it. The quality is fine. I live on my own. I just don't see the point in an internet connection if my phone gives me unlimited access at home and I have WiFi at work.

I know someone else who has the fire stick and it works fine as well. And no they don't live at their parents house.

I do something similar: I download things that are not available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, Crackle, or Hulu.

I give them plenty of money and chances to deliver. If they don't deliver, they don't get my money.

mike brown
Yeah I just got crackle... Worth the commercials. Had several movies I couldn't find on other services that I wanted to watch.

Imo cable is for old people at this point. Only person I know that still swears by cable is my mom cause she's into tons of reality TV / shows in bravo/ET /good morning America

dadudemon
Yeah I just got crackle... Worth the commercials. Had several movies I couldn't find on other services that I wanted to watch.

Imo cable is for old people at this point. Only person I know that still swears by cable is my mom cause she's into tons of reality TV / shows in bravo/ET /good morning America

If she's retired, she has every right to waste her life away watching those TV programs.

I watch MAYBE 30 minutes of stuff a week. Most of my time is spent working, working out, sleeping, pooping, etc.

mike brown
She's not retired yet. She's just simple.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.