Slavery Reparations would cost $17.1 trillion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Link

Surtur
Unacceptable, and did you hear about this "gay reparations" stuff too?

dadudemon
Can the families of the Northerners get reparations for fighting in the Civil War to end Slavery, as well?

Based on the death count, inflation, future value, disability, and pain and suffering, I did a massive amount of math to come up with the true cost of reparations for the families of the North:

$32.56 trillion

That's a conservative estimate (pun not intended). The reparations must be paid by the black population (not recent immigrants) and the Southern States.

To be fair, we can just subtract the cost of reparations for slavery from that balance and we are left with $15.46 trillion. The cost should be split 50-50 between the non-immigrant-black community and the Southern States.

Based on my estimate, I am owed $30,920*2 for each of my ancestors who fought in the Civil War on the side of the North and died. That's a low-ball figure, as you can tell.

So when do I get my check?

Astner
Hasn't that been paid for in full in terms of welfare over the years after slavery was abolished? vin

BrolyBlack

Putinbot1
So no one is asking for reparations in financial terms using this metric and reparations like this can't be given anyway in this way...

ArtificialGlory
Reparations for slavery is silly; that ship has sailed a long time ago. Still, one could make a case for reparations for Jim Crow.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Can the families of the Northerners get reparations for fighting in the Civil War to end Slavery, as well?

Based on the death count, inflation, future value, disability, and pain and suffering, I did a massive amount of math to come up with the true cost of reparations for the families of the North:

$32.56 trillion

That's a conservative estimate (pun not intended). The reparations must be paid by the black population (not recent immigrants) and the Southern States.

To be fair, we can just subtract the cost of reparations for slavery from that balance and we are left with $15.46 trillion. The cost should be split 50-50 between the non-immigrant-black community and the Southern States.

Based on my estimate, I am owed $30,920*2 for each of my ancestors who fought in the Civil War on the side of the North and died. That's a low-ball figure, as you can tell.

So when do I get my check?

That's already been paid tenfold through 150+ years of White privilege.

Where you can walk down the street and a cop won't pull over and ask you what you're doing and do you have any drugs/weapons on you.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard

Where you can walk down the street and a cop won't pull over and ask you what you're doing and do you have any drugs/weapons on you. Waits for some racial sterotyping and bigoted response in reply.

eThneoLgrRnae
"White privilege". LOL The retarded ass go-to response from snowflakes who hate white people and think they are the cause of all the world's problems... smh.

There's no such thing as white privilege.

dadudemon

Where you can walk down the street and a cop won't pull over and ask you what you're doing and do you have any drugs/weapons on you.

The calculation takes this into consideration.

Without the white-privilege variable, the cost skyrockets up to $44 trillion. Since most people on the right and in the middle would disagree with how heavily I weighted white privilege because most of white privilege is actually a racist myth (racist against colored and white alike), my estimates are far too generous to the racist people who tout "white-privilege" as a legitimate civil talking point.

In other words, you're welcome.

Also, the reparations can only be paid to people who have provable direct ancestors who fought on the side of the North. So, likely, that payback pool will be even smaller and the individual payouts much larger. I will recommend a "proof" window of 6 months. That way, any and all people who try to generate proof outside of that window will not get another chance and the question of reparations will never again be viable.

SquallX

Robtard
The calculation takes this into consideration.

Without the white-privilege variable, the cost skyrockets up to $44 trillion. Since most people on the right and in the middle would disagree with how heavily I weighted white privilege because most of white privilege is actually a racist myth (racist against colored and white alike), my estimates are far too generous to the racist people who tout "white-privilege" as a legitimate civil talking point.

In other words, you're welcome.

Also, the reparations can only be paid to people who have provable direct ancestors who fought on the side of the North. So, likely, that payback pool will be even smaller and the individual payouts much larger. I will recommend a "proof" window of 6 months. That way, any and all people who try to generate proof outside of that window will not get another chance and the question of reparations will never again be viable. 150+ years of White privilege is worth 165+ trillion, so your numbers are off.

And that only counting White Privilege after slavery ended, if we were to count White Privilege since the found of America, that's easily over 500 trillion, compounding and such.

ares834

dadudemon
150+ years of White privilege is worth 165+ trillion, so your numbers are off.

That's where you're wrong. The accumulative wealth for the US doesn't exceed $75 trillion since then so I can tell you're just making numbers up to win a pretend argument. lol

And that only counting White Privilege after slavery ended, if we were to count White Privilege since the found of America, that's easily over 500 trillion, compounding and such.

Right, all accounted for already in the calculation where the less than 2% of slave owners were from the South: remember that 50% of the reparations are due from the Southern States who fought against the North. You didn't think this point through, did you? smile

Also, this is before I've weighted the entirely-not-white-privilege of indentured servitude of my ancestors, against the North. Or else we are looking at draining the cumulative wealth of the US completely.

Robtard
That's where you're wrong. The accumulative wealth for the US doesn't exceed $75 trillion since then so I can tell you're just making numbers up to win a pretend argument. lol

Right, all accounted for already in the calculation where the less than 2% of slave owners were from the South: remember that 50% of the reparations are due from the Southern States who fought against the North. You didn't think this point through, did you? smile

Also, this is before I've weighted the entirely-not-white-privilege of indentured servitude of my ancestors, against the North. Or else we are looking at draining the cumulative wealth of the US completely.

Accumulative wealth is irrelevant to what is owed. eg You can sue someone for a billion dollars, but if they don't have it and have zero means to get it, you're not getting it. You also didn't account for inflation it seems. Never forget inflation, DDM.

You're assuming one had to be a slave owner or descendant of a slave owner to have benefited from the 243 years of White Privilege, this is a faulty assumption.

Robtard

dadudemon
Accumulative wealth is irrelevant to what is owed.

That's incorrect. That's how now damages are awarded. Since slavery never happened to anyone alive from the pre-Civil War Era and none of my dead Northerner Veterans are alive, no punative damages can be awarded: only inflation and future value costs not to exceed the cumulative wealth of the nation: it still has to exist. You can't idiotically bankrupt the nation like you're trying to do.

You also didn't account for inflation it seems. Never forget inflation, DDM.

I did:

$32.56 trillion.

Man, I'm good.

You're assuming one had to be a slave owner or descendant of a slave owner to have benefited from the 243 years of White Privilege, this is a faulty assumption.

You're incorrect on both your years and your "privilege."

Slavery existed in the US since the 1600s.

But my ancestors arrived in the 1700s, were not slaver owners, lived in non-slave owning states, and fought against slave ownership since the beginning. We used our own wealth to finance the abolitionist movement, as well.

Indentured servitude was a problem for some of my ancestors so we experienced the exact opposite of white privilege. If you want to bring in white privilege, most of which is a myth, then the indentured servitude costs vastly outweigh even liberal estimates of applicable white privilege.

Face it: reparations are owed to me for the sacrifices we made for this country. Black people and the Southern States owe me a massive reparations check for all the blood, money, sweat, and tears we put into this nation.

You are part of the people who benefited from my ancestors being enslaved.

Also, I'm likely 2%-5% black. So my reparations payment will be reduced a bit.

eThneoLgrRnae

Robtard
So I did some numbers, 12-ish percent of 329-ish million is 41-ish million. That's how many-ish Black people are in the US. That's going to be a lot of high-end billionaires in the US and since we know billionaires are good for the economy, especially when we give them the biggest tax breaks, well, it all makes sense to do it.

Though the 41million isn't correct, as not every Black person in the US is a descendant of US slaves, some migrated long after. So that just means more ish for a smaller amount of people.

Robtard
That's incorrect. That's how now damages are awarded. Since slavery never happened to anyone alive from the pre-Civil War Era and none of my dead Northerner Veterans are alive, no punative damages can be awarded: only inflation and future value costs not to exceed the cumulative wealth of the nation: it still has to exist. You can't idiotically bankrupt the nation like you're trying to do.

I did:

Man, I'm good.

You're incorrect on both your years and your "privilege."

Slavery existed in the US since the 1600s.

But my ancestors arrived in the 1700s, were not slaver owners, lived in non-slave owning states, and fought against slave ownership since the beginning. We used our own wealth to finance the abolitionist movement, as well.

Indentured servitude was a problem for some of my ancestors so we experienced the exact opposite of white privilege. If you want to bring in white privilege, most of which is a myth, then the indentured servitude costs vastly outweigh even liberal estimates of applicable white privilege.

Face it: reparations are owed to me for the sacrifices we made for this country. Black people and the Southern States owe me a massive reparations check for all the blood, money, sweat, and tears we put into this nation.

You are part of the people who benefited from my ancestors being enslaved.

Also, I'm likely 2%-5% black. So my reparations payment will be reduced a bit.

Everything you said is wrong. Sorry.

eg America wasn't America in the 1600's, we're not counting for damages and White Privilege before America existed, that'd be silly.

Otherwise I'd owe your Irish ass reparations for my long dead Roman ancestors, if we're doing a zero boundaries on slavery angle.

snowdragon
The fact that some of these topics even made the stage in the debate shows the amount of ass clownery involved in politics and I loved it from a comedic perspective.

dadudemon
So I did some numbers, 12-ish percent of 329-ish million is 41-ish million. That's how many-ish Black people are in the US. That's going to be a lot of high-end billionaires in the US and since we know billionaires are good for the economy, especially when we give them the biggest tax breaks, well, it all makes sense to do it.

Though the 41million isn't correct, as not every Black person in the US is a descendant of US slaves, some migrated long after. So that just means more ish for a smaller amount of people.

If we adjust for the proper math instead of this bad math:

360,222 northerners died.

31,443,321 population in 1860.

22,340,321 population from the North
9,103,000 population from the South.

North: 2,128,948 total who served
South: 1,082,119 total who served

Percent of Northern Population: 9.5%
Percent of Southern Population: 11.9%

Total current day population from Northern States: 173.4 million
Number after percent of Civil War families: 16.2 million

$32.56 trillion.

But the reparations cost will need to be split between the 40 million black Americans who descended from slaves and the Southern States: 50-50.

I need to adjust the figures:

$954,320.99 per person from the north. Since I had 2 ancestors that fought and died on the side of the north, I need a check from the black people in the amount of $954,320.99 and a check from the Southern States in the amount of $954,320.99

I'm waiting on my reparations.

dadudemon
Everything you said is wrong. Sorry.

eg America wasn't America in the 1600's, we're not counting for damages and White Privilege before America existed, that'd be silly.

Otherwise I'd owe your Irish ass reparations for my long dead Roman ancestors, if we're doing a zero boundaries on slavery angle.

No, just the territories that later become part of the USA count.

The reparations for indentured servitude go back that far, as well. There were more white indentured servants than slaves but that's not a part of US History that people like to talk about. smile

Robtard

I'm waiting on my reparations.

Already covered this: paid for tenfold via 243 (and counting) years of White Privilege

dadudemon
Already covered this: paid for tenfold via 243 (and counting) years of White Privilege

Already covered this: it's far outweighed by the indentured servitude and the lack of actual white privilege.

Surtur
eat

ares834
You're just saying this.

Nah, it's happened multiple times. Admittedly, they never pat me down or anything but I have been stopped before and asked what I was doing while simply walking.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ares834
Nah, it's happened multiple times. Admittedly, they never pat me down or anything but I have been stopped before and asked what I was doing while simply walking.

Same.

And I got pulled over much more often when I started driving around a nice car.

It's my white "privilege" to be stopped by the police all the time for being successful.

Actually, since I've been working in Tulsa, I haven't been pulled over a single time. It's probably just OKC that's weird like that.

Robtard
Pretending White privilege isn't a thing doesn't actually warp reality.

dadudemon
Pretending white privilege is a thing doesn't actually change reality.

Surtur
Same.

And I got pulled over much more often when I started driving around a nice car.

It's my white "privilege" to be stopped by the police all the time for being successful.

Actually, since I've been working in Tulsa, I haven't been pulled over a single time. It's probably just OKC that's weird like that.

I've had this stuff happen to me as well.

Anyways, they could always go for a program targeting the poor in general...trying to close the wealth gap. It could be colorblind and blacks would still benefit a lot.

But nope, they gotta virtue signal.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
I've had this stuff happen to me as well.

Anyways, they could always go for a program targeting the poor in general...trying to close the wealth gap. It could be colorblind and blacks would still benefit a lot.

But nope, they gotta virtue signal.

While this is logical, programs like that would disproportionately go to the white population because they have the highest percent of poor people and the largest raw numbers of poor children by far. It would cause a massive outcry despite the fact that African Americans use a simple majority of welfare despite being only 12% of the population, currently.

"That's a myth, dadudemon, and it has been debunked." The debunking was the actual myth, actually, and it's comfortably in the simple majority and has been for years. thumb up

Surtur
While this is logical, programs like that would disproportionately go to the white population because they have the highest percent of poor people and the largest raw numbers of poor children by far. It would cause a massive outcry despite the fact that African Americans use a simple majority of welfare despite being only 12% of the population, currently.

"That's a myth, dadudemon, and it has been debunked." The debunking was the actual myth, actually, and it's comfortably in the simple majority and has been for years. thumb up

Well it would prove they don't really care about blacks, cuz blacks would still massively benefit.

It would also show racism against whites.

dadudemon
Well it would prove they don't really care about blacks, cuz blacks would still massively benefit.

It would also show racism against whites.

That's where you're wrong, bucko.

Latinos are about equal with African Americans but greatly outnumber them.

By percentage, Native Americans have the greatest poverty.

So the benefits would lessen for African Americans significantly and increase for Whites, Latinos, and Native Americans.

That's hardly the progressive position Virtue Signaling Demtards would went to do. Wait, they would: they don't about black people and are pretending to care about Latinos, these days. Maybe this is what they really want?

Surtur
That's where you're wrong, bucko.

Latinos are about equal with African Americans but greatly outnumber them.

By percentage, Native Americans have the greatest poverty.

So the benefits would lessen for African Americans significantly and increase for Whites, Latinos, and Native Americans.

That's hardly the progressive position Virtue Signaling Demtards would went to do. Wait, they would: they don't about black people and are pretending to care about Latinos, these days. Maybe this is what they really want?

It would help the black community, it'd be better than nothing cuz they sure as shit won't be getting reparations lol.

Robtard
Woah, for a second I thought I somehow ended up on Stormfront or similar.

Surtur
Well Rob, on the bright side...you do still have 15 minutes to edit that post.

Robtard
Edit perfection? Don't be silly.

Anyhow, tell me more about this reparations for poor people idea of yours? What are you basing this one? Why are they owned this?

Seems like you're for this because it would target poor Whites more and well, you know.

Surtur
Edit perfection? Don't be silly.

Anyhow, tell me more about this reparations for poor people idea of yours? What are you basing this one? Why are they owned this?

Seems like you're for this because it would target poor Whites more and well, you know.

Nah they whine about the wealth gap, fine. Let's target it in a way that is colorblind.

And I have no personal stake in this, but if they wanna close the wealth gap...do it in a colorblind way.

Robtard
Nah they whine about the wealth gap, fine. Let's target it in a way that is colorblind.

And I have no personal stake in this, but if they wanna close the wealth gap...do it in a colorblind way.

Wait, do you not really think there's a wealth gap and it's increasing? Cos: America's Humongous Wealth Gap Is Widening Further

Sure, sure, you weren't think about yourself at all when you said that. *wink* *wink*

Surtur
Wait, do you not really think there's a wealth gap and it's increasing? Cos: America's Humongous Wealth Gap Is Widening Further

Sure, sure, you weren't think about yourself at all when you said that. *wink* *wink*

I never said there wasn't a wealth gap. But try to help all the poor, not just the blacks. Cuz they aren't any more deserving than any other group of poor people.

And no kiddo, it's not about me smile

snowdragon
I never said there wasn't a wealth gap. But try to help all the poor, not just the blacks. Cuz they aren't any more deserving than any other group of poor people.

And no kiddo, it's not about me smile

You only need white privilege to feed your family wink Reparations is a hilariously retarded short bus riding policy idea.

Surtur
Oh and we're doing a sort of reparations here in Chicago. It's not race specific, though it will benefit blacks more. Poor communities are gonna be able to get licenses for selling weed quicker than others, or some shit like that.

On behalf of all whites I accept the thanks of all black people who will benefit: you are welcome smile

Robtard
Your just equated drug selling with Black people. SMH.

Surtur
I equated poor neighborhoods in Chicago with blacks lol.

Dems in this city are legit calling it reparations smile

snowdragon
Your just equated drug selling with Black people. SMH.

The more accurate statement is that you just equated it and shared with us your thoughts wink

Robtard
^ Reversal of Blame, a KMC classic.

snowdragon
^ Reversal of Blame, a KMC classic.

OMG, I love the blame game, keep the trolling alive. Herp Derp

Surtur
Lol low income communities will have a leg up when getting weed licenses. State reps have termed this "reparations".

Rob...don't hurt your neck from all the head shaking I'm sure you're doing wink

Mindship
Can the families of the Northerners get reparations for fighting in the Civil War to end Slavery, as well?Great point.

Tzeentch
Money isn't necessary for reparations. The death of the white race suffices.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Money isn't necessary for reparations. The death of the white race suffices.

I'm okay with that.

Find me a single person who is a multi-generational American (10 or more generations on either side of their family) that does not contain one or more of the following bloodlines:

1. Sub-Saharan African
2. Ashkenazi Jew or any ethnic Jew
3. Any type of Arab
4. Native American of any type
5. Asian of any type

There may be others I am missing. But if no bloodline of "color" exists, they can go up to your proposed genocide.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindship
Great point.

Indeed. In the rush to get reparations, everyone forgets about the white people who opposed slavery and fought and died to end it. It's easy to hate white people for the 2% who owned and sold slaves. But we forget about the extreme majority who didn't and the majority who opposed it.

Tzeentch
I'm okay with that.

Find me a single person who is a multi-generational American (10 or more generations on either side of their family) that does not contain one or more of the following bloodlines:

1. Sub-Saharan African
2. Ashkenazi Jew or any ethnic Jew
3. Any type of Arab
4. Native American of any type
5. Asian of any type

There may be others I am missing. But if no bloodline of "color" exists, they can go up to your proposed genocide. Inshallah brother, the movement has already begun.

Within 50 years whites will be minorities within all their own countries. In 100, they will be but a bad memory of the human race.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Inshallah brother, the movement has already begun.

Within 50 years whites will be minorities within all their own countries. In 100, they will be but a bad memory of the human race.

Even better than that:

The type of person you describe and I hinted at...simply doesn't exist.

Your genocide failed before it started. If you can find that rare "true white" person, they are so rare that they are among the minoritiest of minorities.

Surtur
Too lazy to find it, but I remember reading somewhere the whole "whites becoming minorities" thing was a myth because the definition of "white" has been expanding.

dadudemon
Too lazy to find it, but I remember reading somewhere the whole "whites becoming minorities" thing was a myth because the definition of "white" has been expanding.

These days, if I fill out a job application, I mark "two or more protected class minorities" due to my Jewish and Native American ancestry being more than the paltry average.

Surtur
Jewish and NA, that's like twice the normal level of genocide.

dadudemon
If you apply at a place that is struggling to meet a specific ratio of minorities if they are claiming to do so, marking your app with those minority statuses may help get you considered when the HR resume sorting algorithm pushes you through.

It's why those questions exist. If they are found to be rejecting Jews all the time, they may get a fine from the government.

Surtur
So do you have more NA blood than Elizabeth Warren or less?!

Mindship
Jewish and NA, that's like twice the normal level of genocide. I chuckled cuz I had the same thought.

dadudemon

Much much more: 1/16

That makes me a super mega American according to Warren.
surprise

SquallX
Indeed. In the rush to get reparations, everyone forgets about the white people who opposed slavery and fought and died to end it. It's easy to hate white people for the 2% who owned and sold slaves. But we forget about the extreme majority who didn't and the majority who opposed it.

Funny thing is, there were also Blacks that owned slaves.

dadudemon
Originally posted by SquallX
Funny thing is, there were also Blacks that owned slaves.

If we figure out that percentage, then we can have reparations paid between black people?

The idea gets sillier and sillier.

SquallX
If we figure out that percentage, then we can have reparations paid between black people?

The idea gets sillier and sillier.

I hate how my race allows themselves to be bamboozles all the time with such silly tactics.

Tzeentch
Too lazy to find it, but I remember reading somewhere the whole "whites becoming minorities" thing was a myth because the definition of "white" has been expanding. The definition of everything is expanding and contracting. Basically people are race-mixing like mad and the classical idea of a "race" is becoming harder and harder to define.

That episode of South Park where everyone in the future is some weird mix of light-brown is pretty accurate. The black/white/asian/latino dichotomy isn't long for the world.

eThneoLgrRnae

laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

I'd be willing to bet that even I have more NA blood in me than ole "Pocahontas" does lol.

Majestic PRIME
where's T'challa when you need im eh? wink

SquallX

Majestic PRIME
Haha.
There was prob'ly some hypnotic,brainwashing thingy going on in the cinemas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.