Weakest character who can beat Genie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Who is the weakest character in cinema that can beat/kill Genie(from the Aladdin live-action remake) for a majority? Assume Genie's master has given him explicit orders to destroy anyone who fights him.

https://i.imgur.com/7xhUHL6.jpg

*Lets leave Geniefied-Jafar out of this since we know he is more powerful.

ShadowFyre
I have not watched the movie and probably never will but assuming his feats are similar to the original.

Q
Bruce Almighty
Other toon force characters.
Someone with fully assembled IG

Keep in mind, simply assumptions that they are as powerful or have similar abilities, not that they could win necessarily.

BruceSkywalker
What were WillGenie's feats?? Was he nigh indestructible?

Impediment
Anthony, the little boy from the "It's a Good Life" segment of Twilight Zone: The Movie.

Anthony can warp reality at will and is extremely powerful.

BrolyBlack
Link me to that movie please

victreebelvictr
Genie is pretty much omnipotent...

h1a8
Q

victreebelvictr
Is Q omnipotent?

Galan007
Originally posted by Impediment
Anthony, the little boy from the "It's a Good Life" segment of Twilight Zone: The Movie.

Anthony can warp reality at will and is extremely powerful. Nice. thumb up

You think he's the weakest who can take Genie?

carthage
That extragalactic Giant Alien from MIB

carthage
Also this movie looks like dogshit and if you saw it it gay lmao

Galan007
It was good for the kiddos. thumb up

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by carthage
Also this movie looks like dogshit and if you saw it it gay lmao

Dude you mother loved it!

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by carthage
That extragalactic Giant Alien from MIB

Forgot about him. I made a thread about him vs. Bruce Almighty. Dont think we ever came to a decisive conclusion

Adam Grimes
What alien?

ShadowFyre
From men in black

Galan007
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
What alien? https://i.imgur.com/wvsHovC.gif

Each marble = a galaxy.

Mendax
Tuff call

Genie was able to turn Jafar into the most powerful being in the universe (even more powerful than himself) without any effort......Just because it's what his master wished for. Based on that it does seem like his abilities are relatively unbounded. He can preform any task his master wishes for (aside from resurrecting the dead and making people fall in love, which is against the "rules" or whatever).

So if Genie's master ordered him to kill whoever was in front of him here, I can't imagine what the limits would be. I think it would take at least a Q level entity to even have a chance at contending with him.

Surtur
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Is Q omnipotent?

No

Surtur
What is Genie's best durability feat?

Mendax
Does that really matter when you get to this level of power? Aren't some things just assumed even if they aren't flat out shown?

I mean, what is Bruce Almighty's best durability feat?
How about Morgan Freeman's best durability feat as God?
How about the MIB extra-galactic alien's best durability feat?
How about the kid from Twilight Zone's best durability feat?

Surtur
Originally posted by Mendax
Does that really matter when you get to this level of power? Aren't some things just assumed even if they aren't flat out shown?

How about Morgan Freeman's best durability feat as God?
How about the MIB extra-galactic alien's best durability feat?
How about the kid from Twilight Zone's best durability feat?

I'm not convinced his power levels are so high he can be granted immunity to physical harm. Not when people are saying the Twilight Zone kid can beat him.

Bruce Almighty was also listed as beating him, so he's clearly operating on a higher level of power so why bring him up. The MIB Alien's sheer size would grant it impressive durability.

But let us go with the Twilight Zone kid. We have zero durability feats to suggest he is tougher than your average human. What would stop QS from the X-Men movies from snapping his neck at super speed?

Mendax
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm not convinced his power levels are so high he can be granted immunity to physical harm. Not when people are saying the Twilight Zone kid can beat him.

Bruce Almighty was also listed as beating him, so he's clearly operating on a higher level of power so why bring him up. The MIB Alien's sheer size would grant it impressive durability.

But let us go with the Twilight Zone kid. We have zero durability feats to suggest he is tougher than your average human. What would stop QS from the X-Men movies from snapping his neck at super speed? Because you're the one saying that physical durability still matters for characters on this level, even though the characters that are supposedly superior have NO durability feats to speak of.

You can't just pick and choose. If physical durability matters for one godlike character, then it needs to matter for all godlike characters. Be consistent.

Surtur
Because you're the one saying that physical durability still matters for characters on this level, even though the characters that are supposedly superior have NO durability feats to speak of.

You can't just pick and choose. If physical durability matters for one godlike character, then it needs to matter for all godlike characters. Be consistent.

Nah I can totally pick and choose because not all "godlike" characters are created equal.

A bomb strong enough to destroy an entire solar system explodes in the twilight zone kids face, what happens?

DeadpoolXXX
Q

Mendax
Nah I can totally pick and choose because not all "godlike" characters are created equal.

A bomb strong enough to destroy an entire solar system explodes in the twilight zone kids face, what happens? But if physical durability matters for one character at this level, then it MUST matter for all characters at this level. You're the one who brought it up. All I'm asking you to do is stay consistent with your own "logic". You can't use a lack of durability showings to lowball one godlike character, but then act like a lack of durability showings doesn't matter for other godlike characters. Completely illogical.

And why do you keep using the Twilight Zone kid as a measuring stick and red herring? GENIE is in this thread, and he definitely isn't human.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/wvsHovC.gif

Each marble = a galaxy. Mmh yeah, he's big. I don't think that would stop Bruce Almighty from turning him into a cake.

h1a8
Because you're the one saying that physical durability still matters for characters on this level, even though the characters that are supposedly superior have NO durability feats to speak of.

If a character is human then they only have human level durability by default.
Now the human can change form or alter their durability, but they must consciously do this.

Genie is not a human so we can assume a higher default durability for him (especially since he sometimes appears as a spirit form).

It borders on common sense to suggest the kid can be killed far easier than Genie.

ShadowFyre
I kind of agree on the human durability part unless it is shown otherwise

Surtur
But if physical durability matters for one character at this level, then it MUST matter for all characters at this level. You're the one who brought it up. All I'm asking you to do is stay consistent with your own "logic". You can't use a lack of durability showings to lowball one godlike character, but then act like a lack of durability showings doesn't matter for other godlike characters. Completely illogical.

And why do you keep using the Twilight Zone kid as a measuring stick and red herring? GENIE is in this thread, and he definitely isn't human.

My logic is that yes a character can be so powerful that physical durability feats aren't needed, but that Genie is not one of these characters.

Also, when you asked me about other characters you brought up the kid and he was by far the weakest, so I figured I'd see what you would say.

victreebelvictr
No Then their is the answer to his possible victory. :3

NemeBro

Well, Bruce with the power of God was literally blindsided and killed by a truck running him over, so not very good.

Morgan Freeman has cosmic awareness so shouldn't be as susceptible to being run over by a semi as Bruce, assuming he doesn't default at human durability. It's hard to say really.

The marble alien is bigger than the universe, lol. An attack that could wipe out the universe would only sever one of its fingers by its size alone.

A valid question. We don't really see any indication that physically he is more than human.

But anyway, I'm not sure how valid Surtur's line of questioning is. I haven't seen the movie and very likely never will.

I will say though that characters who have reality warping power but otherwise seem to be completely human physically shouldn't be assumed to have more than that level of durability. Genie doesn't really fall under that.

ShadowFyre
The more I think about it, the MIB alien is pretty crazy. He could cause a big bang with the snap of his fingers

BrolyBlack
The new MIB?

victreebelvictr
https://aliens.fandom.com/wiki/Extra-galactic_alien_(Men_In_Black)

The reflection of the universes?

Surtur
My argument isn't Genie is as durable as a human. Something his size would be a bit more durable at the very least even if you don't account for any magical powers.

But are we saying there is no limit to the amount of physical damage the guy can shrug off?

Galan007
There is really no way of knowing what the limits of his durability would be. He isn't human by any stretch of the word -- he's a wholly magical Jinn.

That being said, it seems logical to assume that only a being with =/> power would be able to harm Genie... Hence the question posed by the OP. /shrug

BruceSkywalker
MCU Mysterio big grin big grin big grin big grin eek! eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.