Do you believe in UFO's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
I don't, but I'm interested to see how may forummers do.

Surtur
I think a small percentage of sightings are legitimate.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
I think a small percentage of sightings are legitimate. Could an alien have been what Mohummad took as the Angel Gabriel friend?

gold slorg
i believe in my lord and savior TRUMP

Robtard
I believe there's other life in our universe, not so sure they've visited Earth though.

Putinbot1
I saw a lot of members supporting a government conspiracy hiding close encounters of the third kind... I'm interested in who they choose to believe and why.

Robtard
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I saw a lot of members supporting a government conspiracy hiding close encounters of the third kind... I'm interested in who they choose to believe and why.

I'd say there's an extremely good chance (over 97.3%) that these people also watch and listen to Alex Jones.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd say there's an extremely good chance (over 97.3%) that these people also watch and listen to Alex Jones. I suspect so, do they have more evidence Bob Loser (spelling) saw a UFO at area 51 than Mo saw Gabe in a cave? Poetry 101.

ares834
Do I believe intelligent alien life has visited the Earth? No.

TempAccount
There is nothing to be known about them if they do exist, so I don't really care. Similar to the position of an agnostic.

I'd say there's an extremely good chance (over 97.3%) that these people also watch and listen to Alex Jones.
I've been listening to his show for the past week and I have to say if you know how to weed-out the bullshit there is some quality content to be had.

Many of the experts he invites on the show seem to be credible on the topics of foreign policy, as an example.

I also watched Infowars' coverage of the Democrat debate and it was pretty down to Earth. Yeah Jones says a lot of crazy shit when he's alone to garner attention, but when surrounded by other commentators he's forced to be reasonable.

dadudemon
UFOs 100% exist.

I think the question is "Do you believe in Extraterrestrial UFOs", right?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon
UFOs 100% exist.

I think the question is "Do you believe in Extraterrestrial UFOs", right? Semantics, DDM you believe in Angels am I right?

Surtur
Semantics, DDM you believe in Angels am I right?

DDM's entire religion was founded by a dude who saw an alien wink

Putinbot1
DDM's entire religion was founded by a dude who saw an alien wink thumb up yes it was, but mostvof them are.

Robtard
Originally posted by TempAccount

I've been listening to his show for the past week and I have to say if you know how to weed-out the bullshit there is some quality content to be had.

Many of the experts he invites on the show seem to be credible on the topics of foreign policy, as an example.

I also watched Infowars' coverage of the Democrat debate and it was pretty down to Earth. Yeah Jones says a lot of crazy shit when he's alone to garner attention, but when surrounded by other commentators he's forced to be reasonable.

Disagreed, Alex Jones is a frothing idiot who says nonsense as a means to sell his Chinese made soy based "miracle" supplements.

Ch9gQ9JOe3Y

Putinbot1
Disagreed, Alex Jones is a frothing idiot who says nonsense as a means to sell his Chinese made soy based "miracle" supplements.

Ch9gQ9JOe3Y He is a soy boy.

BrolyBlack
Its odd that people who believe in intelligent life elsewhere are deemed as wacko, and the people who deem them as wacko are the ones who insist that earth is not the center of the universe.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Its odd that people who believe in intelligent life elsewhere are deemed as wacko, and the people who deem them as wacko are the ones who insist that earth is not the center of the universe. I believe in the likelihood of intelligent life on other planets... UFO's not so much Broly Mulder.

BrolyBlack

Surtur
I believe in the likelihood of intelligent life on other planets... UFO's not so much Broly Mulder.

Why would the US government lie about investigating UFOs?

Robtard
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Its odd that people who believe in intelligent life elsewhere are deemed as wacko, and the people who deem them as wacko are the ones who insist that earth is not the center of the universe.

I believe there is almost a 100% chance that there is other life and very likely intelligent life in our galaxy, let along our universe and I've never been called a "wacko" for it.

Now if I said alien life visited me and did an anal probe before dropping me off in the local Burger King parking lot, yeah, I can see some people calling me whacked.

TempAccount

Ch9gQ9JOe3Y Yeah idk wth he's talking about there, but it's a very old video by the looks of it.

Like I said, individuals who know how to think for themselves will have no issue verifying what's reasonable and what is not.

I just checked out some of his supplements and they appear to be USA sourced for the most part. They're overpriced and can be sourced as their individual components for cheaper, but I guess that makes Jones a good businessman.

Surtur
I also think the products contain a very very tiny amount of soy.

Robtard
Is that how you're coping now after the "Soy Boy" nonsense blew up in your face long ago. "His products only have a little bit of soy!" Too funny.

Surtur
I don't need to cope, but the stuff definitely ain't akin to a soy latte.

Robtard
I don't need to cope, but the stuff definitely ain't akin to a soy latte.

I don't drink soy milk (not that there's something wrong with it), but you're going to get more soy over time taking daily soy-based "supplements" than the few ounces of soy in a mixed coffee drink.

Surtur
Even if you're drinking the soy latte every day?

Robtard
No, if you're doing that then the daily latte person would likely get more. They're still both "Soy Boys" though, taking in soy every damn day.

Mindship
They're timeships. Those tiny-bodied, swell-headed Greys are our distant descendants, 750,000 years hence.

carthage

Emperordmb
I believe there is almost a 100% chance that there is other life and very likely intelligent life in our galaxy, let along our universe and I've never been called a "wacko" for it.

Now if I said alien life visited me and did an anal probe before dropping me off in the local Burger King parking lot, yeah, I can see some people calling me whacked.
Well you see that's actually interesting. Not to get into a debate because we lack the information, but the statistics of alien life interest me.

Mostly because people generally fall back on statistics about planets that can hypothetically support life, also known as the goldilocks zone.

The trippy thing past that point though is we don't know the statistical likelihood of abiogenesis, the generation of life from nonliving matter. Our planet exists in the goldilocks zone, yet humanity has never witnessed it, and we have also never recreated it. So we have no idea what the likelihood is of life emerging on a planet that could support it.

Beyond that, we also don't know the likelihood of the survival of very basic life produced through the abiogenesis of the primordial soup. If abiogenesis is extremely extremely rare even within the goldilocks zone, how many times would it need to occur before the statistical likelihood of enough of this basic life surviving for it to actually live on and develop into something more.

And beyond that what is the likelihood that such life develops intelligence? Scientists estimate there's roughly 9 million species currently on this planet, to say nothing of those that have gone extinct, and we are the only species to develop this level of intelligence. Are the odds slimmer than 1/9000000? We're only working with a sample size of one planet with life?

It's kinda interesting so I just felt the need to go on a little rant.

Mindship
Our understanding of Life has changed dramatically since the 1980s. Prior, the conventional wisdom was that life was fragile, and everything had to be 'just right' for it to get a toehold and eek out a living. But since? With the discovery of black-smoker communities, organisms living inside glaciers, solid rock, and extremophiles in general: we now know that life is extremely opportunistic, adaptive, and tenacious.

My guess is, the universe is likely teeming with life (if largely simple, primitive, microscopic). It might be better compared to an ocean than a desert; even our own lil' solar system may harbor a few extraterrestrial biospheres. That we've found nothing so far -- and therefore to conclude there's nothing -- has been compared to scooping up a glass of seawater, seeing nothing swimming around, then concluding there's no life in all that ocean.

Now intelligent life is something else (and by intelligent I mean symbolic/abstract thinkers using relatively complex tools). This may be quite rare. Consider: it's been estimated that since life began on Earth, some 50 billion species have arose (most of which are gone). Out of that, only one -- one! -- has risen to the level of (gonna try and say this seriously) intelligence, of technological dominance. One. Not too surprising though. Life has demonstrated convincingly that intelligence is not necessary for long-term survival (and it may even be counterproductive to that, ie, eventually self-terminating).

Majestic PRIME
i believe in aliens, just not the conventional type people believe in.

eThneoLgrRnae
I used to believe that as huge as the universe is that surely there would be intelligent life out there somewhere. Not so much anymore though.

Scientists have been looking for a loooooong time and yet they've still found nothing. As far as I know, they haven't even found a planet that would be suitable for life to exist on it.

Dude111
I believe in both UFOs and Spirits smile

Galan007
The helicopter pilot I fly with is now retired from the Air Force, but has been a pilot since the early 2000s.

Anyway, it took a while working with him, but he eventually started opening up about some of the UFOs that himself, and many other Air Force pilots, apparently see all the time. It's pretty crazy hearing him describe these things. Granted they're still just his personal "stories" or w/e, but I consider him to be a very reputable source. /shrug

Dude111
I would love talking with him!!!!!!!!

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Mindship
Our understanding of Life has changed dramatically since the 1980s. Prior, the conventional wisdom was that life was fragile, and everything had to be 'just right' for it to get a toehold and eek out a living. But since? With the discovery of black-smoker communities, organisms living inside glaciers, solid rock, and extremophiles in general: we now know that life is extremely opportunistic, adaptive, and tenacious.

My guess is, the universe is likely teeming with life (if largely simple, primitive, microscopic). It might be better compared to an ocean than a desert; even our own lil' solar system may harbor a few extraterrestrial biospheres. That we've found nothing so far -- and therefore to conclude there's nothing -- has been compared to scooping up a glass of seawater, seeing nothing swimming around, then concluding there's no life in all that ocean.

Now intelligent life is something else (and by intelligent I mean symbolic/abstract thinkers using relatively complex tools). This may be quite rare. Consider: it's been estimated that since life began on Earth, some 50 billion species have arose (most of which are gone). Out of that, only one -- one! -- has risen to the level of (gonna try and say this seriously) intelligence, of technological dominance. One. Not too surprising though. Life has demonstrated convincingly that intelligence is not necessary for long-term survival (and it may even be counterproductive to that, ie, eventually self-terminating). This is a quite excellent post. Thank you Mindship!

steverules_2
The universe is massive and still expanding so yeah I do believe that there's intelligent life on other worlds

samhain
The argument against intelligent life in the universe says that the universe is so huge and so old that it's not impossible to think intelligent life could be out there, yet it's so huge and so old that the odds of these beings existing at the same time as us and being able to visit us is extremely low.

Life on other planets? Almost certainly.

Intelligent life on other planets? Possibly.

Intelligent life on another planet existing right now? Mathematically unlikely.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by samhain
The argument against intelligent life in the universe says that the universe is so huge and so old that it's not impossible to think intelligent life could be out there, yet it's so huge and so old that the odds of these beings existing at the same time as us and being able to visit us is extremely low.

Life on other planets? Almost certainly.

Intelligent life on other planets? Possibly.

Intelligent life on another planet existing right now? Mathematically unlikely. thumb up

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Galan007
The helicopter pilot I fly with is now retired from the Air Force, but has been a pilot since the early 2000s.

Anyway, it took a while working with him, but he eventually started opening up about some of the UFOs that himself, and many other Air Force pilots, apparently see all the time. It's pretty crazy hearing him describe these things. Granted they're still just his personal "stories" or w/e, but I consider him to be a very reputable source. /shrug I bet he keeps that wuiet at his psych evaluations.

Galan007
Lol, I'm sure.

Good dude, though. LOTS of military experience, and he was extremely hesitant to even talk about some of his sightings. I've worked with him for over a year now, and he only just started mentioning some of this stuff a few weeks ago.

I definitely believe he saw *something* that was technologically beyond anything we know of... Just like I believe some of the other military personnel who've had similar encounters with this stuff. Now who/what was piloting these crafts is completely open for debate. /shrug

Putinbot1
Lol, I'm sure.

Good dude, though. LOTS of military experience, and he was extremely hesitant to even talk about some of his sightings. I've worked with him for over a year now, and he only just started mentioning some of this stuff a few weeks ago.

I definitely believe he saw *something* that was technologically beyond anything we know of... Just like I believe some of the other military personnel who've had similar encounters with this stuff. Now who/what was piloting these crafts is completely open for debate. /shrug I had a guy work for me in KSA who was ex-military and had inspected for WMDs after the war. He started believing in Angels went to Jerusalem and had visions etc. He is now sectioned in the UK Galan. Hope it's not an indicator for your guy.

Surtur
I bet he keeps that wuiet at his psych evaluations.

Probably, and that is part of the problem. The people who are most qualified to be making these sightings could potentially endanger their careers by speaking about it. This is one of the reasons MUFON was created. A pilot would potentially be able to evaluate the speed of a craft and if it's doing aerial maneuvers truly unlike anything we are currently capable of doing, etc.

And yet there are plenty of sightings from reputable pilots. Heck the term "flying saucer" first originated from an encounter with a guy who was a pilot and was in fact flying in his plane when he encountered these mysterious crafts(fun fact: they weren't saucer shaped).

I don't know what these things are, nobody does. It could be aliens, it could be our government has access to technology far more advanced than anything they have chosen to reveal. That would actually be a more disturbing revelation in some ways.

Putinbot1
Probably, and that is part of the problem. The people who are most qualified to be making these sightings could potentially endanger their careers by speaking about it. This is one of the reasons MUFON was created.

And yet there are plenty of sightings from reputable pilots. Heck the term "flying saucer" first originated from an encounter with a guy who was a pilot and was in fact flying in his plane when he encountered these mysterious crafts(fun fact: they weren't saucer shaped).

I don't know what these things are, nobody does. It could be aliens, it could be our government has access to technology far more advanced than anything they have chosen to reveal. That would actually be a more disturbing revelation in some ways. It could be imagination, psychotic breaks etc.

Surtur
Perhaps for some, but for every single one?

Galan007
There is no way that every single UFO sighting made by military personnel are fake. Some, sure, but many of these guys aren't just going to put their careers, reputations, and livelihood on the line for the lulz.

That doesn't necessarily mean the crafts they see are being flown by little green men or w/e. Just means there is some shit out there that not even highly trained pilots are able to identify/comprehend.

Putinbot1
Hot air balloons, trick of the light. Many more women with no previous mental illness see Ghosts, why does a vet get less of a standard of evidence?

Surtur
Hot air balloons...lol

Galan007
Hot air balloons, trick of the light. Many more women with no previous mental illness see Ghosts, why does a vet get less of a standard of evidence? https://i.imgur.com/qdWglt9.gif

cdtm
Everyone's a skeptic, until they witness something for themselves.

Robtard
There is no way that every single UFO sighting made by military personnel are fake. Some, sure, but many of these guys aren't just going to put their careers, reputations, and livelihood on the line for the lulz.

That doesn't necessarily mean the crafts they see are being flown by little green men or w/e. Just means there is some shit out there that not even highly trained pilots are able to identify/comprehend.

When it comes to UFO sightings, I do believe that many people are not liars as they legitimately believe they saw something.

The people who claim to have come into contact with aliens, been abducted, anal probed, taken off world etc., I do think they're lying.

Though I'd be lying if a small part of me didn't think it could be real in some of the instances.

samhain
What if these craft are from a parallel Earth instead of another planet in our universe? That oddly kinda sounds slightly more plausible to me.

cdtm
Never saw a UFO.

But I did witness something kind of strange. It looked almost like a massive movie theater screen alternating between repeating pattern neon blue and red lines and animated shapes, and some illegible writing.

The odd thing, was it seemed huge. Like, bigger then the upper section of house it seemed to be emanating from, and it seemed to change size to super large, then smaller.

I'm sure there's a good explanation, but kind if wish I took off and got closer, because it was just strange.

shiv
human eyes and instruments

Surtur
What about the "Battle of Los Angeles" ?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Battle_of_Los_Angeles_LATimes.jpg

Whatever the thing was, it endured thousands of rounds of machine gun fire and anti aircraft artillery. The government said it was a weather balloon lol.

Keep in mind nothing was ever recovered, no wreckage of any kind. this wasn't like Roswell.

The picture shows them clearly firing at something. You can see the explosions. I don't know what to make of this. Maybe we just make really really tough weather balloons? Or maybe none of the thousands of thousands of rounds fired hit it. I don't know.

These people weren't f*cking around either. Shell fragments did damage to several buildings and cars and 3 people died as a result of accidents cuz of that.

Putinbot1

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Battle_of_Los_Angeles_LATimes.jpg

Whatever the thing was, it endured thousands of rounds of machine gun fire and anti aircraft artillery. The government said it was a weather balloon lol.

Keep in mind nothing was ever recovered, no wreckage of any kind. this wasn't like Roswell.

The picture shows them clearly firing at something. You can see the explosions. I don't know what to make of this. Maybe we just make really really tough weather balloons? Or maybe none of the thousands of thousands of rounds fired hit it. I don't know.

These people weren't f*cking around either. Shell fragments did damage to several buildings and cars and 3 people died as a result of accidents cuz of that. shifty

Flyattractor
Won't say the do or don't exist. But I can say one aint never landed in my back yard to ask for directions yet.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Won't say the do or don't exist. But I can say one aint never landed in my back yard to ask for directions yet. I hope they are real... But I have no evidence to support a belief they are.

Flyattractor
Life Existing out in the Cosmos is a Very Believable Concept. Them creating a FTL and then Coming Here for Shits and Giggles.

Not So much.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Life Existing out in the Cosmos is a Very Believable Concept. Them creating a FTL and then Coming Here for Shits and Giggles.

Not So much. Agreed, which is a great shame.

Robtard

These people weren't f*cking around either. Shell fragments did damage to several buildings and cars and 3 people died as a result of accidents cuz of that.

What about it? Seems like people were nervous (and rightfully so) of another Japanese attack after Pearl Harbor and they imagined shit. War nerves and all.

Wait, you didn't take the ads and trailers from the film Battle: Los Angeles (2011) showing historical content as real did you? Cos that was just a gimmick to sell tickets, it wasn't actual historical content being presented.

Surtur
What about it? Seems like people were nervous (and rightfully so) of another Japanese attack after Pearl Harbor and they imagined shit. War nerves and all.

Wait, you didn't take the ads and trailers from the film Battle: Los Angeles (2011) showing historical content as real did you? Cos that was just a gimmick to sell tickets, it wasn't actual historical content being presented.

The movie was partially based on the incident, but the link I provided is a real picture of it.

Robtard
That picture was heavily modified

Surtur
The picture of the searchlights?

Robtard
The picture of the searchlights?

Yes

As reported by Los Angeles Times bloggers Scott Harrison and Larry Harnisch, the version of the photo that ran in the paper in 1942 had been retouched in ways that would not be acceptable today. The skyline was darkened with ink; paint (similar to correction fluid) was used to brighten searchlight beams and to turn lens flare dots into antiaircraft bursts. The part of the image identified by UFO experts as an alien spacecraft was shaped by drops of paint on the print. -snip

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/03/tv-skeptic-fact-or-faked-paranormal-files-the-real-battle-of-la.html

cdtm
Yes

As reported by Los Angeles Times bloggers Scott Harrison and Larry Harnisch, the version of the photo that ran in the paper in 1942 had been retouched in ways that would not be acceptable today. The skyline was darkened with ink; paint (similar to correction fluid) was used to brighten searchlight beams and to turn lens flare dots into antiaircraft bursts. The part of the image identified by UFO experts as an alien spacecraft was shaped by drops of paint on the print. -snip

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/03/tv-skeptic-fact-or-faked-paranormal-files-the-real-battle-of-la.html

Or that's what they want you to think. thumb up

Surtur
Yes

Okay but this doesn't explain how a weather balloon withstood all that firepower.

I'm willing to believe it wasn't some alien craft, but that the government had no clue what it was and thus made up an excuse so as to not panic people.

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm
Or that's what they want you to think. thumb up

Sure, possible.

Robtard
Okay but this doesn't explain how a weather balloon withstood all that firepower.

I'm willing to believe it wasn't some alien craft, but that the government had no clue what it was and thus made up an excuse so as to not panic people.

I believe the "withstood all that firepower" might be another exaggeration that grew along with the "alien ship" conspiracy theory.

They seemingly didn't know what it was, why the initial panic.

Surtur
I believe the "withstood all that firepower" might be another exaggeration that grew along with the "alien ship" conspiracy theory.

They seemingly didn't know what it was, why the initial panic.

So do you believe the weather balloon explanation?

Robtard
So do you believe the weather balloon explanation?

Of the two, it's the one which makes the most sense. So yes, I believe that unless some serious proof were to come to light showing otherwise.

Personally, I'd prefer the alien craft version to be true. Cos that would mean there's other sentient life, it's been here before and we shot at it.

Surtur
I don't think it's a question of only either one of those. Keep in mind this was war time, it's conceivable to me we would try to lie and reassure people we knew what this was even if we didn't. It wouldn't mean it's an alien ship, it could be something we just couldn't explain.

Robtard
I don't think it's a question of only either one of those. Keep in mind this was war time, it's conceivable to me we would try to lie and reassure people we knew what this was even if we didn't. It wouldn't mean it's an alien ship, it could be something we just couldn't explain.

If it was a second attack by Japan, I can't see why the US government would keep it secret, we had already been attacked by Japan and had declared war, if anything, a second attack would only serve to consolidate the US' population towards the war effort. ie Superman would have told kids to "slap a Jap" even harder.

Not sure what it could be that couldn't be explained in 1942, if not of alien origin. Any ideas?

cdtm
Secret government weapon? Maybe an attempt to test some form of nerve gas on humans, that causes hallucination? The Feds have a record of experimenting on the population without their consent, including military and civilians.

It's funny seeing ex-government and military guys talking about this stuff. You can see they know a lot more then the public does, but aren't allowed to really say. One guy with pretty high clearance simply said about UFO's, "I think it's secret government projects", and left it at that.

Surtur
I'm not saying it was Japan. I'm saying they didn't know what it was and claimed to in order to avoid panic

Robtard
Certainly possible.

Dude111
I am not..... I have an open mind and know they are there smile

dadudemon
Personally, I'd prefer the alien craft version to be true. Cos that would mean there's other sentient life, it's been here before and we shot at it.

Right, and it would prove Mormons right. And everyone would have to start getting baptized and pay their tithing. Also, we'd all have to stop drinking and doing drugs, get married, etc.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Right, and it would prove Mormons right. And everyone would have to start getting baptized and pay their tithing. Also, we'd all have to stop drinking and doing drugs, get married, etc.

You think everything proves the Mormon's right though.

And I'll add, if the aliens visiting Earth were true, I also hope they'll all transgender, bisexual atheist.

dadudemon
You think everything proves the Mormon's right though.

Can you think of another example of something I thought that proved Mormons right?

And I'll add, if the aliens visiting Earth were true, I also hope they'll all transgender, bisexual atheist.

They won't be able to advance enough as a civilization to get to that point. At 30%-50% suicide rates, they'd never progress far enough to get to that point.

Think about it. Kind aliens. Cooperating with each other so well that they have to work towards common goals. And they come from a planet other than earth. Sounds like Mormon missionaries.

Robtard
Probably more alien stuff.

The high suicide rate would lead to a stronger species, were the weak die and the strong survive.

But that was kinda a joke in regards to the alien flick "Paul"

mike brown
No. I believe in aliens. I think if they visited here and didn't want us to know, we would have no clue. If they visited and wanted us to know, we would all know. The idea that they visited and didn't let us know but some farmer got them in a blurry video is just absurd to me.

rudester
Only when they do sexual experiments on you and shove a prob up your anal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.