Shazam vs. MCU Scarlet Witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Endgame Wanda

Who wins

Fight takes place on neutral ground

KingD19
Billy should win. He's insanely fast, crazy strong, probably too durable for her to hurt seriously and on top of that he can just spam his lightning.

quanchi112
Wanda destroys him, dceu is weak af.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by KingD19
Billy should win. He's insanely fast, crazy strong, probably too durable for her to hurt seriously and on top of that he can just spam his lightning. I agree.

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I agree. Watch the films get this fantasy debating out of here.

BruceSkywalker
someone please remind me of the scenes where billy spammed his lightning???

i think wanda wins anyway but i wanna make sure

quanchi112
Dc fans pretending.

KingD19
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
someone please remind me of the scenes where billy spammed his lightning???

i think wanda wins anyway but i wanna make sure

When he and Freddy were testing out his powers to see what he could do. He just started zapping stuff willy nilly. It's very casual and it seems like it doesnt drain him at all.

How does Wanda win though?

quanchi112
When he and Freddy were testing out his powers to see what he could do. He just started zapping stuff willy nilly. It's very casual and it seems like it doesnt drain him at all.

How does Wanda win though? laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Wanda destroys him, dceu is weak af.

This coming from the guy who weaselled out of a Superman vs Thanos battlezone.

Your empty words mean nothing chicken shit.

Dc fans pretending.

We know who the pretender is here chicken shit laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
This coming from the guy who weaselled out of a Superman vs Thanos battlezone.

Your empty words mean nothing chicken shit.

We know who the pretender is here chicken shit laughing out loud You admitted you cannot compromise on the stips. You cannot do one when one person cannot be reasoned with.

You are the guy never having done one not me.

juggernaut74

How does Wanda win though? You are correct.

Adam Grimes
Captain Marvel obviously wins the majority.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Captain Marvel obviously wins the majority. Captain Marvel is not in this thread.

juggernaut74
Captain Marvel obviously wins the majority. He sure does.

steverules_2
Didn't Scarlet witch shield herself from a near complete IG whilst at the same destroy an infinity stone in IW? Billy could fire lighting at her willy nilly but surely she could shield herself whilst crushing him? I'm not sure how durable he is exactly

FrothByte
Originally posted by steverules_2
Didn't Scarlet witch shield herself from a near complete IG whilst at the same destroy an infinity stone in IW? Billy could fire lighting at her willy nilly but surely she could shield herself whilst crushing him? I'm not sure how durable he is exactly

She didn't. She was pushing against Thanos as he was walking towards her while trying to destroy the mindstone. But I don't recall Thanos actually attacking her with the IG.

quanchi112
He sure does. There is only the marvel character of that name. Dc lost the case. smile

steverules_2
Originally posted by FrothByte
She didn't. She was pushing against Thanos as he was walking towards her while trying to destroy the mindstone. But I don't recall Thanos actually attacking her with the IG.

Ah right okay

Still she could shield herself and attack surely?

TheVaultDweller

Thanos was using the Space Stone to block her beam and still visibly strained while advancing. And she didn't try to. She did destroy the Mind Stone. Thanos just used the Time Stone to undo it. And the detonation of the Mind Stone was what actually broke up her assault on Thanos, not Thanos himself. From just after the 2-minute mark.

5B4j_TRVZoY

On topic, Billy has a decent shot of winning if he doesn't act like a clown and uses his super speed properly.

NemeBro
Scarlet Witch is much more powerful, but who cares when Shazam can knock her out before she can do anything?

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Scarlet Witch is much more powerful, but who cares when Shazam can knock her out before she can do anything? Based on? More pretending and acting it out, eh? Quit scripting like it is gay free for all.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by NemeBro
Scarlet Witch is much more powerful, but who cares when Shazam can knock her out before she can do anything? Not really he is pretty fast.

quanchi112
Not really he is pretty fast. If you watch the film he gets hit a lot. Wishful biased thinking on your end.

Darth Thor
If you watch the film he gets hit a lot. Wishful biased thinking on your end.

By beings of equal speed dummy.

The MCU characters are simply slower than their DCEU counterparts. And Youre well aware of that which is why you chickened out on me.

juggernaut74
Quan tries to play in the big leagues but always goes back to the minors.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Thanos was using the Space Stone to block her beam and still visibly strained while advancing. And she didn't try to. She did destroy the Mind Stone. Thanos just used the Time Stone to undo it. And the detonation of the Mind Stone was what actually broke up her assault on Thanos, not Thanos himself. From just after the 2-minute mark.

5B4j_TRVZoY

On topic, Billy has a decent shot of winning if he doesn't act like a clown and uses his super speed properly.

Wanda's TK is strong enough to temporarily contain a bomb so I'm not surprised that Thanos had trouble walking against her push. Still doesn't change the fact that Thanos never attacked her with the IG though, so we can't claim that Wanda fought off an IG wielding Thanos.

Adam Grimes
Wanda's TK is strong enough to temporarily contain a bomb so I'm not surprised that Thanos had trouble walking against her push. Still doesn't change the fact that Thanos never attacked her with the IG though, so we can't claim that Wanda fought off an IG wielding Thanos. Agreed. But I could play devil's advocate and say: well, we saw how a pissed off Wanda fared against a gauntlet-less Thanos.

And by fared I mean he had to beg his ship to save him even if it meant losing his own troops.

FrothByte
Agreed. But I could play devil's advocate and say: well, we saw how a pissed off Wanda fared against a gauntlet-less Thanos.

And by fared I mean he had to beg his ship to save him even if it meant losing his own troops.

I'm pretty sure I already debated this exact match somewhere in here, but what I said was that Thanos was doing just fine as long as he was on his feet and mobile. As soon as Wanda lifted him off the ground he was helpless (and she should have done this much sooner).

I mean, it wouldn't have mattered how strong Thanos was, if he was levitated off the ground he wouldn't be able to do anything. So it's not proof of Wanda overpowering him, it's proof of Wanda using her powers in a way that Thanos had no counter for.

This won't be the same case for Shazam, however, since the guy can fly.

Adam Grimes
I don't think that worked solely because Thanos couldn't fly, her powers clearly overpowered his whole body. There's a reason he was kept in a fixed position while visibly hurting.

FrothByte
I don't think that worked solely because Thanos couldn't fly, her powers clearly overpowered his whole body. There's a reason he was kept in a fixed position while visibly hurting.

When you're lifted like that in the air, it's not really that easy to move your entire body. The most he could do was flail his arms and legs, so we can say that Wanda overpowered his legs and arms strength and kept them in place. But that's hardly representative of Thanos' entire strength.

We can also add that she was slowly crushing him. So it was still a good feat for Wanda, but we should acknowledge the fact that Thanos was in a position where he wasn't able to fight back.

Adam Grimes
If she kept him in the ground what could exactly he do if she can overpower his entire body?

BruceSkywalker
eating popcorn...

https://i.postimg.cc/0yfhLqps/giphy.gif

FrothByte
If she kept him in the ground what could exactly he do if she can overpower his entire body?

Again, she hasn't overpowered his entire body. If she could then yeah, he wouldn't be able to do anything. But she hasn't shown she can.

On the ground you have traction, you have leverage, you have the ability to move and position yourself to a better position. When you're up floundering in the air you lose all of these advantages.

It's like saying if a white shark completely destroys an elephant in the water, is that proof that the shark is stronger than the elephant?

TheVaultDweller
Wanda's TK is strong enough to temporarily contain a bomb so I'm not surprised that Thanos had trouble walking against her push. Still doesn't change the fact that Thanos never attacked her with the IG though, so we can't claim that Wanda fought off an IG wielding Thanos.

Never said she did. But it should be noted that he had been on the offensive, using the Stones at that point, and she was the only one who got in his way that actually stopped him for any meaningful amount of time. The others mainly provided token resistance before getting swatted. And this is despite the fact that he still had all the same Stones he had against everyone else. She actually forced him to defend. And it's still an insane feat, objectively speaking. Because blocking an Infinity Stone is much more impressive than a bomb IMO. I mean consider Thanos casually stopped Loki's attack with just the Stone, and then proceeded to snap his neck with just one hand. The same Loki who can casually manhandle people like Cap (and this probably hasn't changed, based on Endgame Steve's fight vs Avengers Steve) and who has taken hits from Thor and Hulk. Wanda was resisting a Stone-wielding Thanos, who was pushing forward with his whole body, while blowing up another Infinity Stone at the same time. How many characters in the MCU has a snowball's chance in hell of replicating that?

Interesting thing about space. It's connected to momentum. And this is actually consistent with what we see from the Stone's use in the film, from Thanos using it on multiple different occasions to block the momentum of incoming attacks, stopping Loki's dagger thrust in mid-air, and allowed HYDRA, and later SHIELD, to make blaster-type energy weapons with it.

But anyway, none of this really matters. As I said in my original post, as long as Billy actually uses his super speed competently, he should take it, because he should be able to drop her before she can attack.

Adam Grimes
Again, she hasn't overpowered his entire body. If she could then yeah, he wouldn't be able to do anything. But she hasn't shown she can.

On the ground you have traction, you have leverage, you have the ability to move and position yourself to a better position. When you're up floundering in the air you lose all of these advantages.

It's like saying if a white shark completely destroys an elephant in the water, is that proof that the shark is stronger than the elephant? The analogy doesn't apply here my friend.

If the water that was killing the elephant came from the shark then yeah, he'd be more powerful than dumbo no question.

FrothByte
The analogy doesn't apply here my friend.

If the water that was killing the elephant came from the shark then yeah, he'd be more powerful than dumbo no question.

The analogy applies if you understood it. Again, answer the question: is the shark more powerful than the elephant if it beats it in the water?

Adam Grimes
I think you are the one not understanding enough about analogies to make one fitting for this case. Try again.

quanchi112

The MCU characters are simply slower than their DCEU counterparts. And Youre well aware of that which is why you chickened out on me. False. Superman is faster than Doomsday, Cyborg, WW, Batman, etc. all hit. Acting like Shazam cannot be hit when he was hit the entire film not at superseded either is grossly misrepresenting his fights in favor of a few fears because you are a biased poster.

Darth Thor
False. Superman is faster than Doomsday, Cyborg, WW, Batman, etc. all hit. Acting like Shazam cannot be hit when he was hit the entire film not at superseded either is grossly misrepresenting his fights in favor of a few fears because you are a biased poster.

Hit the entire film? Lol

Hit by whom?

Darth Thor
Quan tries to play in the big leagues but always goes back to the minors.

laughing out loud

So true

FrothByte
I think you are the one not understanding enough about analogies to make one fitting for this case. Try again.

The analogy was to show that you're unable to bring your full strength to bear when you're taken out of your element. Not whether the shark was able to use the water as its weapon.

John Murdoch
If Shazam just blitzes like he should right off the bat, he does to Wanda what he did to that mugger in the park at night.

Also, if Wanda started to TK Shazam, could Shazam power through it? I guess that comes down to if Shazam's flight can overcome her TK or if Shazam is more durable and strong than Thanos to just tank it.

FrothByte
Originally posted by John Murdoch
If Shazam just blitzes like he should right off the bat, he does to Wanda what he did to that mugger in the park at night.

Also, if Wanda started to TK Shazam, could Shazam power through it? I guess that comes down to if Shazam's flight can overcome her TK or if Shazam is more durable and strong than Thanos to just tank it.

Wanda doesn't have any TK feat to suggest she could hold someone as strong as Shazam for long. She held Thanos off the ground but he doesn't have flight. She was unable to push him away from her while he was on the ground. She was able to contain an explosion for a few seconds before it escaped her control. Plus Shazam does have the option of zapping her with lightning if the ever tried to hold him.

Darth Thor
Wanda doesn't have any TK feat to suggest she could hold someone as strong as Shazam for long. She held Thanos off the ground but he doesn't have flight. She was unable to push him away from her while he was on the ground. She was able to contain an explosion for a few seconds before it escaped her control. Plus Shazam does have the option of zapping her with lightning if the ever tried to hold him.

Shazam is massively underrated tbh.

Just because he didnt push a mountain people are acting like hes a non factor. When fact is his speed alone makes him a very formidable opponent who could beat most.

Add on top of that his flight, firing lightning from his hands, bullet proof durability, and strength to easily catch a bus, he could definitely take a ton of powerhouses. And should be taken more seriously on these boards methinks.

Adam Grimes
He flicked that metal trashcan so hard though.

KingD19
His brother channeling Shazams strength easily held up a ferris wheel. And those are like 80+ tons on the low end and several hundred when you add cars and other stuff.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

So true Nothing of real merit just more typical nonsense.

quanchi112

The MCU characters are simply slower than their DCEU counterparts. And Youre well aware of that which is why you chickened out on me. Incorrect since human level reflexes and man made weaponry already was shown to be quick enough to neutralize Superman despite the highest of stakes.

That is one variable alone. Speed is not the end all be all. If that were the case flash would be king in the dceu. You ignore everything else because you are too close minded and ignorant.

You forfeited like a coward.

quanchi112
Quan tries to play in the big leagues but always goes back to the minors. Based on?

quanchi112
Hit the entire film? Lol

Hit by whom? Watch the film.

Darth Thor
Watch the film.

Not an answer.

Adam Grimes
The analogy was to show that you're unable to bring your full strength to bear when you're taken out of your element. Not whether the shark was able to use the water as its weapon. But in this case it's not the shark using the water as a weapon. It's a natural ability of him so strong that it's killing the elephant.

https://youtu.be/f-yCzBMIDKw

You can clearly see Thanos can't move even before she elevates him. Not to mention how easily she disarmed him.

Darth Thor
^ Oh he got owned.

Adam Grimes
Wanda held Thanos' two-handed attack with one arm. Lmao

TheVaultDweller
But in this case it's not the shark using the water as a weapon. It's a natural ability of him so strong that it's killing the elephant.

https://youtu.be/f-yCzBMIDKw

You can clearly see Thanos can't move even before she elevates him. Not to mention how easily she disarmed him.

Yeah, you can see him pull rigid at 0:36-0:37 already, before he starts lifting into the air. I mean he seemingly couldn't even budge his arms (see how casually she forces his arm straight and pulls off a piece of armour at 0:42), and his legs don't need to be on the ground to move those.

And the other instance it was literally only half her power, and Thanos was using an Infinity Stone to aid him in his advance.

TheVaultDweller
And just to throw in a feat against a flying opponent, she redirected a diving Leviathan in Endgame as well:

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/6907708-1630768613-giphy.gif

But, again, this is kind of irrelevant. Billy should blitz unless we're assuming he acts like a dumbass, which wouldn't be fair if we're simultaneously assuming that Wanda is fighting at her best.

Adam Grimes
thumb up

They're hyping her up for House of M in Doctor Strange 2.

quanchi112
Not an answer. You know he is not an unavoidable speedster.

quanchi112
^ Oh he got owned. Thanos won the fight. Lol. She showed up later with her friends and still failed to beat him.

TheVaultDweller
thumb up

They're hyping her up for House of M in Doctor Strange 2.

Yeah, I think they are going to expand on her powers considerably when that comes around.

Which also makes me extra bummed that they killed off Quicksilver so quickly. Imagine how he could have developed if he had more time as well. Because after the discussion in the other thread, I was looking at those two. Even though the colours are different and they achieve different effects, Wanda's red energy and Pietro's blue/silver energy looked remarkably similar in terms of texture, movement etc.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ChRYGe7QGhztm/giphy.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EntireVictoriousCentipede-size_restricted.gif

Which again makes me think they are both tapping into energy from other dimensions. Just different kinds of other dimensional energy to achieve different things.

Darth Thor
Yeah bummer Quicksilver didnt stick around. Those two siblings together would be exceptionally powerful by now.

Also a bummer that they probably did that because of the Fox Quicksilver, but now that Disney have Fox doesnt really matter because MCU Quicksilver is still long dead.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah bummer Quicksilver didnt stick around. Those two siblings together would be exceptionally powerful by now.

Yeah, and we already saw signs of teamwork in Age of Ultron, with Pietro using his speed in a few instances to create openings for Wanda to strike. They could have been an absolutely beastly pair if he'd been kept around. And Pietro already had some impressive striking power back then. Beyond pulvering the Ultron drones, he was actually damaging pre-Vibranium Ultron Prime with his bullrushes as well.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11134/111342449/6627503-quickgif2.gif

Darth Thor
Yeah, and we already saw signs of teamwork in Age of Ultron, with Pietro using his speed in a few instances to create openings for Wanda to strike. They could have been an absolutely beastly pair if he'd been kept around. And Pietro already had some impressive striking power back then. Beyond pulvering the Ultron drones, he was actually damaging pre-Vibranium Ultron Prime with his bullrushes as well.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11134/111342449/6627503-quickgif2.gif

Yeah and he put Captain America down pretty easily.

carthage

TheVaultDweller
https://www.cbr.com/kevin-feige-scarlet-witch-defeat-thanos-avengers/

stick out tongue

Darth Thor
https://www.cbr.com/kevin-feige-scarlet-witch-defeat-thanos-avengers/

stick out tongue

She clearly had him beat.

Just imagine if she still had her speedster sibling by her side.

Actually Vision and SW are a powerhouse couple. I wonder if he will still have the mind stone when he returns in the Disney+ series.

steverules_2
She clearly had him beat.

Just imagine if she still had her speedster sibling by her side.

Actually Vision and SW are a powerhouse couple. I wonder if he will still have the mind stone when he returns in the Disney+ series.

He's coming back?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by steverules_2
He's coming back?

Yeah a SW & Vision series was announced a while ago for the new Disney+ streaming service.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.