Which film was better and why; Endgame or Days of Future Past?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Explain yourselves.

NewGuy01
Days of Future Past. I can't be bothered to explain why.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Days of Future Past. I can't be bothered to explain why. Then you concede your opinion. Without critical reasoning you are a savage animal.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Then you concede your opinion. Without critical reasoning you are a savage animal.

Hes right and doesnt need to justify his opinion to a butthurt Disney shill.

Quality > Money

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hes right and doesnt need to justify his opinion to a butthurt Disney shill.

Quality > Money He does not have to convince me but to avoid his reasoning leads to one conclusion. He is trolling. To act as if a 20 plus film arc that resolves three major heroes to a standard back to the future we had a crazy adventure but saved the day without any major consequences is childish. You love kid films so I can tell you relate well to the mindset but adults expect a little more than 100 percent happy endings.

jaden_2.0
They were both very good. DoFP is by far the best of the combined X-MEN movies. It's cast are more talented than The Avengers which helped. Clearly Endgame was the bigger spectacle but it suffered from not delivering on Thanos' complexity and motivations from Infinity War. DoFP also suffered from not really having a decent villain at all. I probably enjoyed DoFP more as I had lower expectations so never came out feeling short changed like I did with Endgame but I think that's where a lot of the negative reactions to Endgame stemmed from. Everyone had in their minds things they wanted to see (mines being that I wanted to finally see Hulk go full on rage mode) and when those things didn't happen people were left unhappy.

steverules_2
From an observation point, I think fans were happy with the DOFP time travel and it fixed plot holes. Fans (excluding Quan) weren't happy with the time travel in EG because it created plot holes.

quanchi112
They already explored Thanos complexity and motivations so why beat a dead horse. The previous movie was his move but this one was about the avengers and bringing it all full circle. The truly scary thing was how intelligent Thanos was and how he capitalized on both nebulas sharing the same network and showing up in the present.

He changed his plans to eradicate everyone and recreate the universe after he learned of the universes depression and refusal to let it go. The final battle was the greatest piece of action in the history of cinema. The three avengers who chose to meet him head on and their slow waltz to a calmly sitting Thanos was legendary. It was perfect as a badly beaten up Cap was the only one standing to oppose Thanos before the reinforcements arrived. Summed up the heart and resilience of the avengers.

So many utterly perfect moments of this film highlighting character growth, forgiveness, and both the heroes and villain unyielding resolve. Both films highlighted the differences between a hero and a villain. Heroes were willing to sacrifice themselves to save their friends whereas Thanos killed the person he loved the most to achieve his goal. Just the soul stone made this clear in how each of them acquired it.

gold slorg
DOFP is a great movie and I really love it, it's just that Endgame is even better

quanchi112
Originally posted by gold slorg
DOFP is a great movie and I really love it, it's just that Endgame is even better Thanos wrecking caps shield makes me ejaculate every time. Thanos is the G.O.A.T.

juggernaut74
Endgame made more money so obviously it's the better movie.

Right Quan?

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Endgame made more money so obviously it's the better movie.

Right Quan? This is a subjective thread not a success driven thread. IW was better than EG to me despite not being as successful. Quit with your petty trolling because you are unwell.

-Pr-
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
They were both very good. DoFP is by far the best of the combined X-MEN movies. It's cast are more talented than The Avengers which helped. Clearly Endgame was the bigger spectacle but it suffered from not delivering on Thanos' complexity and motivations from Infinity War. DoFP also suffered from not really having a decent villain at all. I probably enjoyed DoFP more as I had lower expectations so never came out feeling short changed like I did with Endgame but I think that's where a lot of the negative reactions to Endgame stemmed from. Everyone had in their minds things they wanted to see (mines being that I wanted to finally see Hulk go full on rage mode) and when those things didn't happen people were left unhappy.

I agree with this in part.

Personally I feel like DOFP was a better structured, better written film, but I did enjoy Endgame more.

steverules_2
Originally posted by -Pr-
I agree with this in part.

Personally I feel like DOFP was a better structured, better written film, but I did enjoy Endgame more.

How come?

-Pr-
Which part?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by steverules_2
From an observation point, I think fans were happy with the DOFP time travel and it fixed plot holes. Fans (excluding Quan) weren't happy with the time travel in EG because it created plot holes.

Yeah exactly thumb up

steverules_2
Which part?

Enjoying EG more

Darth Thor
^ Well tbf you cant expect him to explain that. Enjoyment is just a feeling. You either feel it or you dont.

Personally I felt nothing through the whole final act action in Endgame. Felt too forced in, and had no impact on the plot of the movie (except of course Tonys fate).

The time travel stuff in the second act was fun and nostalgic at times, but not even close to DOFP level.

-Pr-
Enjoying EG more

^ Well tbf you cant expect him to explain that. Enjoyment is just a feeling. You either feel it or you dont.

Personally I felt nothing through the whole final act action in Endgame. Felt too forced in, and had no impact on the plot of the movie (except of course Tonys fate).

The time travel stuff in the second act was fun and nostalgic at times, but not even close to DOFP level.

lol, honestly, it felt like the true ending of Marvel's first phase. I know we've had what they call multiple phases, but to me Endgame felt like the true finale to a story that's been building up for over a decade. A proper book-end to everything, even if it has some faults. And Cap with the hammer is something i've been waiting for since Age of Ultron.

DOFP is a solid, well-made movie, but as good as it is, the X-Men nerd in me has a few too many nitpicks about it that stop it being raised to GOAT status.

steverules_2

I'm not gonna go full blown Quan, I only ask out of curiosity not to tell someone they're wrong for their movie choices. With a movie I usually find people enjoy them for a reason. I'm not expecting anything really.

steverules_2
And Cap with the hammer is something i've been waiting for since Age of Ultron.

Highlight of the movie for me was that. I went to the midnight screening when it first came out and when I saw that my mouth literally fell open, I was picking my jaw up off the floor.

-Pr-
Highlight of the movie for me was that. I went to the midnight screening when it first came out and when I saw that my mouth literally fell open, I was picking my jaw up off the floor.

I had my issues with Endgame (the big battle scene is a bit muddled and Hulk does **** all action wise), definitely, but for me the film is one of the best examples I've ever seen of a comic book come to life, and that's a hard thing to do.

I also liked how Ant-Man got a decently-sized role in the movie.

steverules_2
I had my issues with Endgame (the big battle scene is a bit muddled and Hulk does **** all action wise), definitely, but for me the film is one of the best examples I've ever seen of a comic book come to life, and that's a hard thing to do.

I also liked how Ant-Man got a decently-sized role in the movie.

I was hoping to get more from Hulk, he had a decent showing in that he was able to reverse the snap and survive but that was about it

Darth Thor

Meh kinda saw it coming from a mile off. And always envisioned it being a bit more dramatic when it finally happened.

Was a fanboy moment but could have been executed better IMO.

I was hoping to get more from Hulk, he had a decent showing in that he was able to reverse the snap and survive but that was about it

Not even sure how decent a feat that was given he lost his arm in the process.

but for me the film is one of the best examples I've ever seen of a comic book come to life, and that's a hard thing to do.

I didnt feel that much with this.

Felt it much more in Civil War. Huge action scene of superheroes fighting each other, with Spidey webbing up Giant Ant-Mans legs, that felt exactly like comic book pages coming to life for me.

Infinity War also felt that way for me. Endgame not so much honestly.

steverules_2
Meh kinda saw it coming from a mile off. And always envisioned it being a bit more dramatic when it finally happened.

How would you have done it?

I'd say it was pretty decent, no one else apart from Thanos could it without dying. In fact Thanos was dying from the way he looked at the start of EG. Maybe Thor could've been successful but what impact it would've had on him who knows.

-Pr-

Felt it much more in Civil War. Huge action scene of superheroes fighting each other, with Spidey webbing up Giant Ant-Mans legs, that felt exactly like comic book pages coming to life for me.

Infinity War also felt that way for me. Endgame not so much honestly.

I get that it's all relative, but I honestly don't like the airport fight. It's well animated/choreographed, well-put together for the most part, but to me, it lacks a lot of the tension a fight like that should have.

I like the little interactions between Spider-Man and the various characters, but that's about it.

That bit where they all come through the portals when Cap is facing off against Thanos, though? Pure comicy goodness. It's just a shame we didn't have Cap give him his "as long as one person still stands" speech. That would have topped it off beautifully.

steverules_2
Did cap say his 'I can do this all day' line in EG?

Darth Thor
Did cap say his 'I can do this all day' line in EG?

Just the joke part when his younger self does it. And he older one is like Yeah Yeah I know.

Darth Thor
How would you have done it?

I would have liked a big scene where he sees Mjolnir and goes to lift it because Thor is already down.

I'd say it was pretty decent, no one else apart from Thanos could it without dying. In fact Thanos was dying from the way he looked at the start of EG. Maybe Thor could've been successful but what impact it would've had on him who knows.

Problem is we dont really know.

But we do know Thanos snapped much more easily and without losing an arm. Of course that could be down to Hulk using a poor mans Guantlet.

Point is theres nothing much to compare it to to say its a great feat. Especially when it was hinted he should find it easier because of the stones emitting crap tons of Gamma Rays and what not. Yet he still massively struggles and loses an arm in the process.

steverules_2
I would have liked a big scene where he sees Mjolnir and goes to lift it because Thor is already down.

Problem is we dont really know.

But we do know Thanos snapped much more easily and without losing an arm. Of course that could be down to Hulk using a poor mans Guantlet.

Point is theres nothing much to compare it to to say its a great feat. Especially when it was hinted he should find it easier because of the stones emitting crap tons of Gamma Rays and what not. Yet he still massively struggles and loses an arm in the process.

I get what you're saying, the closest thing to decent I guess would be the better way to put it? For him anyway, there wasn't much else

quanchi112

Infinity War also felt that way for me. Endgame not so much honestly. The filmmakers made it abundantly clear Hulk was the only avenger present who could survive it. It would have most likely killed Thor. Thor is not as durable as the Hulk nor is he the powerhouse. Despite it being mostly gamma radiation it still critically damaged him making it clear how powerful the surge was and even more impressive for Thanos to survive both impalement and the surge.

You can live in your own head and ignore the obvious intent of the scene as you normally do, your head canon is always so stupid and cringeworthy I laugh at how dumb you can be sometimes. You claimed ant man was stronger than a guy just injured by a blast only he from the avengers could survive. Just cringe worthy stuff from you.

EG was amazing and the end battle was perfect. You can hate on it all you want but it clearly connected with a majority of fans out there myself included.

Oliver Brown
The endgame was overdone and bombastic. A fitting end, in other words, to a franchise cycle of insatiable commercial ambition... and thundering creative swagger.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.