History of the Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mirthrandir63
Comes from the official strategy guide for enter the matrix. (word for word). For those of you who think I'm making this up, just go get the guide yourselves).

IN THE BEGINNING
In the beginning there was man and for a time, it was good. But humanity's so-called simple societies soon fall victim to vanity and corruption. Then man makes the machine in his own likeness. Thus does man become the architect of his own demise.

B166ER Trial
B166ER, an artificially intelligent machine, is the first of his kind to rise up against his masters. At his muder trial, the prosecution argues for an owner's right to destroy property. B166ER testifies that he simply does not want to die. The leaders of men are quick to order the extermination of B166ER and every one of his kind throughout each province of the Earth.

RIOTS AND REVOLUTIONS
The trial of B166ER proves to be the catalyst that sparks global debate over Machine rights, and the state's mandate for termination ignites violence. Riots rage through major megalopolises around the world. Property damase is estimated in the trillions.

Banished from humanity, the Machines seek refuge in their own promised land. They settle in the cradle of human civilization and a new nation is born. A place the Machines can call home. A place they can raise their descendats. And they christen the nation "01".

ECONOMIC FAILURE
01 prospers. But the leaders of men, their power waning, refuse to cooperate with the fledgling nation, wishing rather that the world be divided. 01's ambassadors plead to be heard; at the United Nations, they present plans for a stable, civil relationship with the nations of man. 01's admission to the U.N. is denied.

PREEMPTIVE STRIKE
The united human nations launch a combined nuclear strike against 01. The prolonged barrage engulfs the Machine with the glow of 1,000 suns.

RETALIATION
Backed by a powerful manufacturing economy, the Machines counterattack. 01 advances outwards in every direction. It is a terrible slaughter, with the Machine hordes outnumbering the allied forces ten for every one. And after another, mankind surrenders its territories.

OPERATION DARK STORM
Mankind's leaders conceive of their most despearte strategy, the destruction of the sky. Thus would man try to cut the Machines off from the sun, their main enrgy source.

VICTORY
The Machines, having long studied men's protein based bodies, dispense misery upon the once great human race, overcoming all human opposition to delcare victory.

ALTERNATE FOPRM OF ENERGY
The Machines, applying what they have learned about their enemy, turn to an alternate and readily available power supply: the bioelectric, thermal and kinectic energies of the human body.

SYMBIOSIS
A new, refashioned symbiotic relationship between the two adversaries is born. The Machines draw power from the human body, an endlessly multiplying and infinetly renewable energy source.

DEMANDS FOR FLESH
The U.N. security advisor offers the unconditional surrender of the remaining United Nations. The Machine ambassador announces to the U.N., "Your flesh is a relic, a mere vessal. Surrender your anima, hand over your flesh and a wonderful world awaits you. We demand it."

THE MATRIX
The Machines build the Matrix, a computer generated dream world constructed to keep humanity healthy, under control and oblivious to the truth as they provide an infinite source of power for their new masters.

THE FIRST ONE
When the Matrix is first built, there is a man born inside who has the ability to chan ge what he wants, to re-make the Matrix as he sees fit. This man frees the first one of the rebels. His powers become legendary and are thought to be a match for the Machines themselves.

NEBUCHADNEZZAR
One of twelve hovercrafts in the rebel fleet, the Nebuchadnezzar is captained by Morpheus and bears a plaque imprinted with the year 2069, the date when the construction of the ship was complete.

LIST OF SHIPS AND CAPTAINS
Nebuchadnezzar -- Morpheous
Caduceus -- Ballard
Logos -- Niobe
Mjolnir -- Roland
Vigilant -- Soren
Osiris -- Thadeus
Novalis -- Tirant
Gnosis -- Ice
Icarus -- Ajax
Brahma -- Kali

The rest is just a short summary of the first matrix movie and that's all there is.

princess leia
so do the people agree to go into the matrix and do they know they are being put there or do the machines somehow wipe out that part of their memory?

mirthrandir63
Apparently that's how most of the humans got plugged into the matrix in the beginning. I guess that with new births though, people became oblivious to this reality.

Ushgarak
However, none of it is necessarily so, is it? Most of it is taken from Second Renaissance, of course. But the Neb WASN'T built in 2069 or anywhere near it. I am also surprised to hear there are only 12 ships; I thought there were far more captains than that.

It is entirely possible that Zion's recorded history of the war (which is what 2nd Renaissance is) is false. I bloody hope it is, anyway, as I could then take back all I have said about Second Renaissance.

The Omega

knnknn
Is that list complete? The captain of the Hammer (the ship that rescued the Neb crew (Neo, Morpheus,Trinity...) at the end of Matrix 2) was Roland. In your list above the Hammer is missing and Roland is the captain of Mjolnir. OK, my theory: "Mjolnir" is icelandic for "hammer". Would that explain that?

exZERO
Wow, having a J-Lo avatar is a good sign for stupid.

Mjolnir is the hammer of Thor, Norse god. Not too difficult to comprende, eh J-Lo?

neofozz
Indeed there were pods created that hold AI not humans. humans deploy the setinals, not the robots, neo is wanted by humans for stopping the robots believing they have control.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.