Comic book names too silly to say out loud in live action

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
I have a lady friend who I've turned into a hardcore MCU fan. But she didn't grow up reading this stuff so her reactions to some names I give her are telling as a non-fan.

The New Gods will have the hardest time getting respectability according to her - names like Darkseid, Steppenwolf, Granny Goodness and Mister Miracle make her snicker in their hokeyness. The Justice League movie being a mess wasn't helped by their badly named villain.

Other silly names to her are Black Bolt and He-Man.

Thank goodness they turned Killmonger and Kilgrave into assumed nicknames rather than literal names in the MCU, she says.

Anyone else?

riv6672

-Pr-
I'm generally of the opinion that steering in to the ludicrousness of comics makes them better when it comes to making movies.

That said, Maggot is an awful name for a superhero.

riv6672
I agree w. steering into the inherent ludicrousness. That said,

Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man. laughing out loud

roughrider
Most of the Legion Of Super Heroes have stupid, outdated names.

And though I'm a Thor fan - Beta Ray Bill is too silly.

HulkIsHulk
I thought Beta Ray Bill was cool.

There is 3D Man, Ruby Thursday, Spawn, Orb, Doop, Gamecock(no seriously I just googled him) , X-O Manowar, Killowog, Phone ranger, bi-beast, parallax, puck, Despotellis, gibbon, dex-starr etc
The list is way long

StiltmanFTW
TITAN SUPER GLADIATOR

Really, DC?

Old Man Whirly!
Holocaust for obvious reasons
The Gay Ghost
Bouncing boy
Blitzkrieg
Anything with evil in
Etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.