Work conditions in amazon warehouses..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CroftAlice
https://amp.businessinsider.com/amazon-employees-describe-peak-2019-2

jaden_2.0

snowdragon
I wonder what the next insightful article will talk about when Amazon replaces more and more of their warehouse employees.

TempAccount
Where do I sign up? 16 year old me would be all over this.

cdtm
Originally posted by snowdragon
I wonder what the next insightful article will talk about when Amazon replaces more and more of their warehouse employees.

Pretty much. Keep complaining workers get 60 hours or more, instead of the 15-20 at most retail. Until the robots strip even that down to 0.

TempAccount
A few classmates of mine complained that when Amazon raised the minimum wage to $15, those employees who were earning more than $15/hr previously due to incentivized bonuses for working faster actually ended up earning less than they had been before the raise as the incentives system was eliminated.

Just another example of punishing the few who work diligently in the name of satisfying the mediocre majority.

Daniellephillip
I did read a lot of audits before applying for a job as a warehouse worker with Amazon. The reviews portrayed Amazon as a brutal employer, it was scary but I love to give things a shot myself as we all see things differently. https://www.ukassignment.co.uk/dissertation-writing-services

SquallX

Robtard
One of the biggest complaints seems to be when a worker just finished an order on one side of the warehouse and the next order they get is completely on the other side so they have to walk 1,000+ feet to reach it. Seems like an algorithm could be made using location tacking where any goven order automatically goes to the worker(s) nearest the item. (Maybe this is already done and it's still a problem?)

That and using small electric carts would maximize each workers output if they could zip around the warehouse and pick up multiple orders before heading off to the boxing and shipping areas.

Robtard

Tzeentch
The free market will fix it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.