Mace Windu's lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
I know SLJ just wanted a different color of saber, but was an official in universe reason ever given as to why Mace's lightsaber had a purple blade, while literally every other Jedi's blades (besides the Temple Guards) was blue or green?

Zenwolf

Galan007
Best explanation so far was in Master & Apprentice.

Kenobi mentioned that kyber crystals can, on occasion, become purple when they initially bond with a Jedi -- but this very rare, which is why Mace is the only Jedi with a purple saber in canon.

No proper explanation as to *why* his kyber turned purple, though. I imagine it has something to do with Mace's inner aggression/darkness or somesuch. /shrug

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Galan007

Kenobi mentioned that kyber crystals can, on occasion, become purple when they initially bond with a Jedi -- but this very rare, which is why Mace is the only Jedi with a purple saber in canon.

No proper explanation as to *why* his kyber turned purple, though. I imagine it has something to do with Mace's inner aggression/darkness or somesuch. /shrug And outer darkness too. It absorbed the melanin in his skin and soul and became purple.

Galan007
That's obviously what Kylo meant when he asked Vader's helmet to "show him the power of the darkness." thumb up

Zenwolf

No proper explanation as to *why* his kyber turned purple, though. I imagine it has something to do with Mace's inner aggression/darkness or somesuch. /shrug

I kinda find this kinda...lame honestly. Like the equivalent of mood rings...

Galan007
Dunno.

I like it better than the Jedi just randomly picking up whatever color kybers they find laying on the ground. I also like that in canon a Sith blade is created by corrupting a Jedi's kyber, instead of them being synthetic or w/e. /shrug

Zenwolf
Dunno.

I like it better than the Jedi just randomly picking up whatever color kybers they find laying on the ground. I also like that in canon a Sith blade is created by corrupting a Jedi's kyber, instead of them being synthetic or w/e. /shrug

Well I mean synthetic crystals could also have their color changed through The Force.

Though I guess I should have clarified, I liked how Mace got his purple saber crystal, he didn't just find it on the ground. Unless of course Disney keeps how Mace got his purple crystal, but I'm not having high hopes on that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.