Appeals Court Grants Trump Administration right to snub sanctuary cities

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur

dadudemon
This probably pisses off a lot of libtards.

BrolyBlack

eThneoLgrRnae
Well this is certainly great news.

SquallX

eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, but leftists in general tend to hate our founding fathers though. They think they were all just a bunch of "old racist white men." In fact, many of them even go as far as to say that the United States as a nation is illegitimate because our ancestors "stole it from native Americans."

Surtur
I love how they are "native" lol. They didn't cross the Bering Strait to get here, right?

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
I love how they are "native" lol. They didn't cross the Bering Strait to get here, right?

Of course they did but leftist snowflakes think that since they got here before anyone else that it makes them "native."

eThneoLgrRnae
ICE raids are supposed to start tomorrow --"for real" this time-- across the country, but I'm not getting my hopes up again like I did last time only to end up being disappointed again. I'll believe it only when it actually happens, not before.

jaden_2.0
Remember when Republicans used to champion state rights over big federal government interference?

This guy remembers...and this guy isn't even American.

Silent Master
Do you remember when the left used to be for free speech and tolerance?

How about when they were against censorship?

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Silent Master
Do you remember when the left used to be for free speech and tolerance?

How about when they were against censorship?

Yep. I'm those things.

You?

Silent Master
Always have been.

jaden_2.0
Good lad. 👍

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Remember when Republicans used to champion state rights over big federal government interference?

What a strange thing to say. I can't speak for any other republican voter but I still respect states' rights. And no state has a right to protect people who have no right to be in this country. Period. End of discussion.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
What a strange thing to say. I can't speak for any other republican voter but I still respect states' rights. And no state has a right to protect people who have no right to be in this country. Period. End of discussion.

No. What you respect is a state's right to do things you agree with.

snowdragon

They can still do their own thing, just not with federal dollars. wink

BrolyBlack

eThneoLgrRnae
No. What you respect is a state's right to do things you agree with.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, I meant exactly what I said. People who come here illegally are breaking the law, dude. If you disagree, then please show me where it's written in the Constitution that people who come here illegally have a right to stay.

Funny you accuse me of not respecting states' rights when leftists like you say that red states have to abide by federal law and allow women to get abortions. Why is it ok for the federal government to intervene in states' business on that issue but not when it comes to deporting illegal aliens?

Emperordmb
"States rights" does not mean the federal government has absolutely no jurisdiction whatsoever. The idea is moreso what powers should justifiably be held by the federal government, and which ones aren't specific enough to the federal government such that they should be devolved to the states so each individual citizen has a more impactful vote over the laws they live under.

Something like border security is inherently a federal issue.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
"States rights" does not mean the federal government has absolutely no jurisdiction whatsoever. The idea is moreso what powers should justifiably be held by the federal government, and which ones aren't specific enough to the federal government such that they should be devolved to the states so each individual citizen has a more impactful vote over the laws they live under.

Bingo, this is just as idiotic as the morons who pretend republicans are against any kind of government regulation at all, ever...for the rest of the time.

jaden_2.0
roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, I meant exactly what I said. People who come here illegally are breaking the law, dude. If you disagree, then please show me where it's written in the Constitution that people who come here illegally have a right to stay.

Funny you accuse me of not respecting states' rights when leftists like you say that red states have to abide by federal law and allow women to get abortions. Why is it ok for the federal government to intervene in states' business on that issue but not when it comes to deporting illegal aliens?

You'd have a valid point if I ever said those things....but...

So much for rightists being about the individual and having individual responsibility rather than espousing collectivism.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Emperordmb

And yet states and even individual municipalities have rights to enact legislation on how they treat immigrants. And several federal judges have already ruled the federal government's actions as unconstitutional.

Surtur
You know I've noticed some on the left wanna be able to sue gun companies over gun deaths.

And these same people, no doubt, would be willing to allow americans in sanctuary cities to sue those cities if an act of violence by an illegal befalls them in those cities. I'm sure of it, I know they'd be consistent on this. And if an illegal murders someone, that persons family can sue the sanctuary city. As I said: I know they'll be consistent here.

snowdragon
And yet states and even individual municipalities have rights to enact legislation on how they treat immigrants. And several federal judges have already ruled the federal government's actions as unconstitutional.

And here we go again wink

eThneoLgrRnae

First of all, they're not immigrants. They're illegal aliens. I know you leftists love to deceitfully use the term "immigrants" when referring to IA's to make the argument that conservatives "hate immigrants" but you won't get away with that shit with me without me calling you out on it. Immigrants are people who wait in line and go thru a legal process to become citizens (and conservatives for the most part welcome them w/open arms regardless of their skin color). They are not scum who sneak across our borders and make it unfair to those who wait in line and try to do it legally.

Several judges have ruled that way, eh? So what? "Some" means not all of them. I don't give a shit what "some" obviously activist judges say. The law is still the law and illegal aliens have no right to be here.

jaden_2.0
First of all, they're not immigrants. They're illegal aliens. I know you leftists love to deceitfully use the term "immigrants" when referring to IA's to make the argument that conservatives "hate immigrants" but you won't get away with that shit with me without me calling you out on it. Immigrants are people who wait in line and go thru a legal process to become citizens (and conservatives for the most part welcome them w/open arms regardless of their skin color). They are not scum who sneak across our borders and make it unfair to those who wait in line and try to do it legally.

Several judges have ruled that way, eh? So what? "Some" means not all of them. I don't give a shit what "some" obviously activist judges say. The law is still the law and illegal aliens have no right to be here.

Of course you don't care about judges or the law or the constitutional framework that prevents too much executive power to one branch of the legislature.

Until it's a democrat in charge. Then you'll care.

Surtur
Be honest: you'd give two donkey shits about this if a democrat was president. It's concern trolling, and hey: fair play thumb up

BrolyBlack

eThneoLgrRnae

eThneoLgrRnae
Be honest: you'd give two donkey shits about this if a democrat was president. It's concern trolling, and hey: fair play thumb up

That sums it up pretty much. Supposedly, from what I've heard, Obama deported more IA's than Trump has yet to do yet I never heard any lefties crying about "muh states' rights" back then. The double standards of the left couldn't be any more obvious.

Surtur
Not only did Obama deport more than Trump, he claimed he deported only the truly serious criminals. Think about that for a second. Leftists have issues cuz Trump is deporting not just serious criminals, Obama was supposedly only doing that and STILL got rid of more.

So that's a shitload of dangerous illegal criminals lol.

Silent Master

I thought we were talking about Illegals, not legal immigrants?

Surtur
When they have no argument they conflate illegals and legals.

jaden_2.0

You're right. That's exactly what you're doing. Good self awareness.

Surtur
You're right. That's exactly what you're doing. Good self awareness.

*yawn* Stop pretending like you give a shit about the constitution. Just be honest and say this is about Trump.

jaden_2.0
So Obama already got rid of most of the dangerous criminal ones?

You should be thanking him.

Say it with me now

"Thanks, Obama"

Surtur
I wish we could celebrate that brah, but you ever hear of this phrase:

repeat offender

Surtur
Tennessee Man Accused of Killing Infant Has Been Deported 5 Times, ICE says

Was deported multiple times under Obama.

Thanks, I guess?

eThneoLgrRnae
When they have no argument they conflate illegals and legals.

thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
Tennessee Man Accused of Killing Infant Has Been Deported 5 Times, ICE says

Was deported multiple times under Obama.

Thanks, I guess?

Don't forget about Kate Steinle; that happened under Obama's watch as well. The thug who killed her had been deported several times. Then the jury in California let him off scott-free. Sickening.

jaden_2.0
*yawn* Stop pretending like you give a shit about the constitution. Just be honest and say this is about Trump.

You've obviously missed my point.

It's the right that virtue signal about caring about the constitution.

Let me give some examples.

When Trump attacks the media and bans certain outlets and journalists from Whitehouse briefings in a blatant attack on freedom of speech and freedom of the press, Trumpers cheer.

When Trump blanket bans Muslims from legally entering the US and says that "bad things are happening" and "something will need to be done" about mosques in the US in a blatant attack on freedom of religion, Trumpers cheer

Then you get people on the right who lambasted Obama when he used executive orders to pass legislation as flagrant overreach of executive power. Then when Trump signs more executive orders in his first year than Obama did in any of his 8 years, Trumpers cheer.

See?

Surtur
ICE: Man Who Shot At Napa Deputy In Country Illegally, Deported Multiple Times

Thanks Obama! I'm better than anyone who supported you.

Cops blast California sanctuary city policies after previously deported illegal immigrant arrested for murder

Thanks Obama! I'm better than anyone who supported you.

Surtur
You've obviously missed my point.

It's the right that virtue signal about caring about the constitution.

Let me give some examples.

When Trump attacks the media and bans certain outlets and journalists from Whitehouse briefings in a blatant attack on freedom of speech and freedom of the press, Trumpers cheer.

When Trump blanket bans Muslims from legally entering the US and says that "bad things are happening" and "something will need to be done" about mosques in the US in a blatant attack on freedom of religion, Trumpers cheer

Then you get people on the right who lambasted Obama when he used executive orders to pass legislation as flagrant overreach of executive power. Then when Trump signs more executive orders in his first year than Obama did in any of his 8 years, Trumpers cheer.

See?

We aren't gonna pretend like the left have not cried about the constitution in regards to Trump. Just one example:

Trump just keeps botching how Congress and the Constitution work

If only republicans care, not sure why WaPo opened their mouth about it. Thoughts?

Oh and it was dems suing Trump over twitter blocking, talking about muh constitution and muh rights.

EDIT: Also dems who feel folk should be able to sue gun manufacturers over gun deaths.

eThneoLgrRnae
So, in effect, jaden was whining that conservatives-- in his mind at least-- we're not being consistent. LOL

Guess he is just gonna conveniently ignore all the times the left has not been consistent.

jaden_2.0
Which group, left or right, constantly bleats about the integrity of the constitution?

In this very thread you have an example of Trump trying to do something unconstitutional, a federal judge slapping it down as being unconstitutional and a rightist attacking the judge as an "activist".

Seems like an example of the constitution only mattering when it holds up something you support.

Surtur
Which group, left or right, constantly bleats about the integrity of the constitution?

In this very thread you have an example of Trump trying to do something unconstitutional, a federal judge slapping it down as being unconstitutional and a rightist attacking the judge as an "activist".

Seems like an example of the constitution only mattering when it holds up something you support.

What I'm saying is you don't get to disregard the constitution and then cry about it.

Yes, the right does try to go on and on about it more than the left. Which is why the left should keep it's name out of their mouth lol, cuz they don't give a shit about it.

Seems like an example of not giving a shit about the constitution until it's politically convenient.

eThneoLgrRnae
@jaden: People post things frequently on this forum pointing out how leftists are not consistent. Yet you never make a big deal out of it.

Yeah, the left likes to use the Constitution when it's convenient for them but when it's not? Meh... it's just a piece of paper written by a bunch of racists old white men.

Surtur
The claim is Republicans play up the constitution a lot and disregard it when convenient.

Of course that's no better than ignoring the constitution and then whining like a b*tch about it when politically convenient.

How...why..does this need to be said? Legit don't get it, do people not realize this goes both ways or do they just legit not care and wanna attempt some failed gotcha?

I'm happy to slap these failed gotchas down though, but I don't see the point in even attempting them when it is doomed to fail.

I mean this is just like the dunking on conservatives for "muh private company" over their complaints over social media companies.

Leftists were against mega corporations having so much power, until they weren't. And the only reason they suddenly weren't was political.

eThneoLgrRnae
This is all irrelevant anyway because there is nothing in the Constitution that says illegal aliens have a right to be in this country so conservatives are not being inconsistent.

IA's negatively affect our country in a multitude of ways. They, as a whole, put a strain on our economy (the entire country not just localized areas where they are) and they also unfairly influence our national elections. So, it's a national issue and thus the federal government should be involved.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/societal-impact/illegal-immigrants-distort-congressional-representation-and-federal-programs

https://www.quora.com/How-do-illegal-immigrants-directly-affect-Electoral-College-elections-and-elections-for-the-House-of-Representatives

If illegal aliens didn't affect the country as a whole then you might've had an argument, jaden, but they do, so you don't.

eThneoLgrRnae
The claim is Republicans play up the constitution a lot and disregard it when convenient.

Of course that's no better than ignoring the constitution and then whining like a b*tch about it when politically convenient.

How...why..does this need to be said? Legit don't get it, do people not realize this goes both ways or do they just legit not care and wanna attempt some failed gotcha?

I'm happy to slap these failed gotchas down though, but I don't see the point in even attempting them when it is doomed to fail.

I mean this is just like the dunking on conservatives for "muh private company" over their complaints over social media companies.

Leftists were against mega corporations having so much power, until they weren't. And the only reason they suddenly weren't was political.

thumb up

Surtur
I just don't buy that most on the left care about the constitution.

They wouldn't praise New Zealand and Australia for their actions on guns if they truly cared about it.

They like it when they can use it to dunk on Trump, otherwise they deem it as inconsequential.

jaden_2.0
@jaden: People post things frequently on this forum pointing out how leftists are not consistent. Yet you never make a big deal out of it.

Yeah, the left likes to use the Constitution when it's convenient for them but when it's not? Meh... it's just a piece of paper written by a bunch of racists old white men.

So exactly what you're doing.

Great. Glad we've cleared that up. 👍

eThneoLgrRnae
So exactly what you're doing.

Great. Glad we've cleared that up. 👍

Yeah, we cleared up that there is nothing in the constitution that says IA's have a right to be in this country. That's cleared-up, yes. thumb up

jaden_2.0

It needs to be said because it's not just "the right" as a group. It's actually individuals on this forum that do it.

The whole "private company" thing is clearly putting a mirror up to the right, who for years used this argument, and now suddenly want certain companies regulated. While also campaigning to deregulate other industries.

Surtur
It needs to be said because it's not just "the right" as a group. It's actually individuals on this forum that do it.

The whole "private company" thing is clearly putting a mirror up to the right, who for years used this argument, and now suddenly want certain companies regulated. While also campaigning to deregulate other industries.

I love how leftist hypocrisy is just spun as "putting a mirror up to the right".

And did you wanna claim leftists here don't practice the same hypocrisy? Cuz if so you're full of it lol. But you will, won't you? You're that far gone.

eThneoLgrRnae
I love how leftist hypocrisy is just spun as "putting a mirror up to the right".

And did you wanna claim leftists here don't practice the same hypocrisy? Cuz you're full of it lol.

Yeah, they don't like turning that same mirror on themselves because then they'd see their own hypocrisy.

jaden_2.0

And did you wanna claim leftists here don't practice the same hypocrisy? Cuz if so you're full of it lol. But you will, won't you? You're that far gone.

I'll take it from that meltdown that you can't argue against what I've said. 👍

Surtur
I'll take it from that meltdown that you can't argue against what I've said. 👍

And in turn, I'll assume from your improper use of the word meltdown you have no valid argument. Sorta like when you guys cry fascism, racism, sexism, etc.

eThneoLgrRnae
That was a "meltdown"? Funny, I didn't see it as one. You just don't like that Surtur is right.

Surtur
Yeah, they don't like turning that same mirror on themselves because then they'd see their own hypocrisy.

I'm fascinated by them convincing themselves their hypocrisy is just "holding a mirror up" lol. Ignore the fact that if they were so superior they wouldn't need to justify their behavior with "but republicans". They *always* have an excuse for their shit. They are never in the wrong, it's always someone else.

When you keep that in mind, their unearned self righteousness makes sense. They have literally convinced themselves that no matter what happens, they are more right than the other side.

Fascinating, I've seen this same zeal in people who feel the earth is flat.

jaden_2.0
Love how you two are trying to convince each other away from the creeping cognitive dissonance in the back of your minds. Highly amusing.

Surtur
Love how you two are trying to convince each other away from the creeping cognitive dissonance in the back of your minds. Highly amusing.

It's like when leftists here are confronted with an argument they can't contend with they just default to using words and phrases improperly lol.

Might as well seal the deal: call me alt right or a nazi sympathizer.

And no worries: some lefty here will be along shortly to agree with you, and it totally won't be an example of you two convincing each other away from a creeping cognitive dissonance smile

eThneoLgrRnae

Pot, meet kettle.

I love how you stubbornly refuse to admit you've been owned on this topic. You lefties and all of your pretend winning lol.

Highly amusing. thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
It's like when leftists here are confronted with an argument they can't contend with they just default to using words and phrases improperly lol.

And no worries: some lefty here will be along shortly to agree with you, and it totally won't be an example of you two convincing each other away from a creeping cognitive dissonance smile

Yeah, I'm sure someone like little pooty/bash will post soon and pretend as if jaden has "owned" us. laughing out loud

Surtur
He can't even just say "yeah, both sides can be hypocritical" lol. That's not in his programming. It's like when lefties compliment Trump but also insult him. Their programming won't allow them to just do one of those things

He has to lie and push it and try to make it seem like he's on the superior side.

All the while throwing around terms like "cognitive dissonance".

I gotta say when you have a 2.0 you expect it to be better than the prior version. But the previous Jaden wasn't this bad. I do not recall him cucking like this. What changed?

eThneoLgrRnae
He can't even just say "yeah, both sides can be hypocritical" lol. That's not in his programming. It's like when lefties compliment Trump but also insult him. Their programming won't allow them to just do one of those things

He has to lie and push it and try to make it seem like he's on the superior side.

All the while throwing around terms like "cognitive dissonance".

I gotta say when you have a 2.0 you expect it to be better than the prior version. But the previous Jaden wasn't this bad. I do not recall him cucking like this. What changed?

The other one who had Fat Albert as his avatar? Yeah, I don't ever recall it either.

Surtur
Yup I legit thought it was a different guy just trolling, but he claims to be the same guy.

Maybe he suffered a brain injury, explains the personality shift and the cucking for those previously uncucked for.

eThneoLgrRnae
Yup I legit thought it was a different guy just trolling, but he claims to be the same guy.

Maybe he suffered a brain injury, explains the personality shift and the cucking for those previously uncucked for.

laughing out loud

It's definitely not an improved version I would say.

jaden_2.0

Strawmanning now too?

Fantastic.

darthgoober

What rights are the Federal Government trying to take away from individual states?

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by darthgoober
What rights are the Federal Government trying to take away from individual states?

Trying to take away their so-called "right" to harbor criminals I suppose lol. Nevermind the fact that it isn't written anywhere in the Constitution.

darthgoober
Trying to take away their so-called "right" to harbor criminals I suppose lol. Nevermind the fact that it isn't written anywhere in the Constitution.
Well I just mean that from the way that article sounded, the appeals court didn't give Trump the power to FORCE anyone to do anything, it simply recognized his right to reward what he considers "good" behavior. It's not taking away anything from states that don't cooperate, it simply allows Trump to give extra to those that do(at least if I'm understanding the article correctly).

By the same token, lets say that a parent has 3 children. The parent says I'll give you kids 50 dollars if you don't get anything under a B on your report card. This arrangement doesn't actually punish a kid for getting less than a B, it simply rewards those who avoid doing so. If the kids decide they're more interested in screwing around in school than getting the bonus money for grades, they still have every right to do so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.