Cats! The Movie!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
_c_svbn__tQ

Or otherwise known as the Movie where people in Furry Costumes will be Jerking off...SCARY AF THE MOVIE!

riv6672
Back in the 80s, i watched the play several times growing up in NYC (great for a date; think South Park BJ episode).
The designs never seemed creepy to me.

-Pr-
If they looked more like costumes I wouldn't mind. This is some weird, uncanny valley shit imo, though.

riv6672

Flyattractor
Originally posted by -Pr-
If they looked more like costumes I wouldn't mind. This is some weird, uncanny valley shit imo, though.

Yeah. I thinjk the same thing. I bet this How they Made it Video will be Hilarious. Probably every one will be running around in Gimp Suits like Gollum.

riv6672
^^^see, -thats- disturbing. boxed2

Patient_Leech
I just saw an ad for this on YouTube and it looks like the most awful thing I've ever seen. laughing out loud laughing out loud

gq50F-IDXDc

Surtur
It's like some kind of Jordan Peele horror movie.

Surtur
That is the old first trailer. There is more:

yleb8iqI2cY

Surtur
Oh Idris Elba...oh no...you didn't....

Morgan Freeman voice: He did

ares834
The reviews for this are golden:

https://twitter.com/davidfarrier/status/1207450843844243456

Surtur
I have watched both trailers and so far I have no clue what the actual plot is. Just some vague stuff about a cat getting chosen to get a "new life". What does that even mean?

ares834
I have no clue what the plot is either and I've, unfortunately, seen the play.

Surtur
Is it that the cat chosen gets to become human? Are these not *truly* humanoid cats in a cat world or what is going on? I've never seen the play, but the trailers don't even seem coherent. What is the "better life" the chosen cat gets?

ares834
They're supposed to just be cats. And they choose one to go to heaven or something... I dunno. It was shit.

steverules_2
Cat nip

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
Oh Idris Elba...oh no...you didn't....

Morgan Freeman voice: He did

Ray Winstone and Judi Dench, too. Damn. I guess paychecks are nice.

It's Taylor Swift, though. So it'll probably be shoved down our throats.

God it looks awful. I mean, I don't like musicals in general, but this is exponentially worse. sick puke

riv6672
She looks hot as a cat. I stand by that.

BruceSkywalker
will anyone actually see this

Surtur
Originally posted by ares834
They're supposed to just be cats. And they choose one to go to heaven or something... I dunno. It was shit.

Choose one to go to heaven...oh shit these are some cats choosing who to euthanize first.

riv6672
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will anyone actually see this
At home, eventually, so I can ogle Taylor Swift.
Not at the theater, though!

Surtur
I can't stay I won't ever see it. There could be a time like 3 years from now where I wake up from a fever dream and watch this movie at like 2am..

NotAllThatEvil
Saw. It made too much sense, I was hoping it lean more into the nonsensical

riv6672
^^^so, was it a total cat-astrophe though?

Kazenji
They're re-releasing the movie again to fix up the VFX.

riv6672
OMG seriously?!? eek!

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
OMG seriously?!? eek!

https://www.vulture.com/2019/12/universal-to-rerelease-cats.html

riv6672
Unreal. I hope everyone got paid up front. laughing out loud

Surtur
I feel like the best edit would just be replace the movie with "fritz the cat".

Do it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.