Kyoto Anime Studio Arson Attack leaves 33 Dead, Dozens Injured

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TempAccount
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/kyoto-animation-fire-tributes-flow-for-victims-as-japan-reels-from-deadly-blaze/2019/07/19/7b307e5a-a996-11e9-8733-48c87235f396_story.html

I'm a bit late on this,

Japan has experienced possibly the worst mass-murder since WWII. Some middle-aged man stormed the Kyoani animation studio screaming "you die" poured gasoline everywhere, and set the building on fire, effectively wiping out 1/3 of the company's staff and killing half of those in the building.

Apparently he thought they had plagiarized his work (wow, mass killing will solve this and not litigation)

A bunch of talented individuals who brought so much joy to the world are now dead.

What I found shocking about this more than other mass killings was:

1. It's Japan

2. Who the f*ck decides to mass-murder animators? Most are terribly paid and overworked for an awesome cultural export (what is worse is that Kyoani was one of the few that actually treated their employees well).

Fortunately in Japan this guy will be hanged, though I wouldn't mind if he rotted away in a cell for a couple of years.

Also why does Japan have this issue of middle-aged men going on killing sprees?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/44d764c6ffe09bd165643aae33aa98f9/tenor.gif

dadudemon
Read about this. It sucks.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by TempAccount
2. Who the f*ck decides to mass-murder animators? Have you seen anime Muhammed? He's an otaku who is inexplicably surrounded by a harem of magical lolis.

ArtificialGlory
I ****ing hate anime.

Surtur
RIP to the victims. Hope the person who set the fire gets dumped into a vat of acid full of acid resistant alligators.

shiv
Tragic

They were great artists.

Who did great work.

I hope they did not suffer too much.

riv6672
Originally posted by TempAccount
Japan has experienced possibly the worst mass-murder since WWII.
Seems like this time, they didn't do anything to deserve it.

ares834
Incredibly tragic. The death toll is now at 34.

Kyoani had some of the most talented animators in the industry. So what you will about their shows, but the animation was always outstanding.

Tzeentch
Did the guy have a gun or a knife or something? I don't go for victim blaming generally but I wonder what factors led to people watching this dude walk through the building dumping gasoline while drawing as much attention to his actions and intentions as possible, and not do anything.

NewGuy01
A damn shame.

roughrider
The guy's motive is still a mystery. He's wasn't some disgruntled former employee.

Flyattractor
How does a guy splashing Gas around manage to Kill over 30 People?

Stringer
Awful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.