Doctor Strange in the Multiverse Of Madness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Slated for a May 7th, 2021 Release date

Scott Derickson is returning and Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch)
Returns as well

Possibly an adaptation of House of M???

ares834
Well at least there is one MCU film that I'm interested in...

Inhuman
I had some leaks that i didnt post here this that claimed Nightmare was the villain of the next Strange movie. Guess they were true.

BruceSkywalker
seeing wanda's most powerful version on screen I AM F$CKING THERE

Inhuman
Probably the fallout of whatever happens in this movie will cause mutants to come into the mcu.

ares834
I hope it's not House of M bullshit. The title screams Lovecraftian horrors (it's very obviously a riff on At the Mountains of Madness) and if we get Wanda shenanigans instead of that I'm going to be pissed.

Adam Grimes
I've been waiting too much for them to tap into the Multiverse for their storylines. This is going to be amazing.

TheVaultDweller
I'm a pretty big Strange fan, so more from this character is always a plus for me. And that title has got me very curious, as well as the inclusion of Scarlet Witch, who is probably in a very rough headspace after IW and EG.

Oliver Brown
I'm a big fan of this Marvel movie series. I love Doctor Strange because of his acting skills and sense if you watch all the movies of him, you'll going to observe that his timing is perfect. I am waiting for the next film.

quanchi112
This is the most interested film of mine of phase 4 with Thor 4 a close second. Dr. Strange and SW sounds amazing.

Surtur
Awesome title. We need a Strange vs Cthulhu movie next.

steverules_2

quanchi112

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by quanchi112
Indeed. Nightmare as the villain imo.

Nightmare has been rumored.. I'd like to see D'Spayre too

Flyattractor
So do we wanna start taking bets that Stephen dies in this Movie and Wanda becomes the NEW and BESTEST EVAR Sorc Sup?

Cause Phase Phore WHAMMINZ!?

TheVaultDweller
I highly doubt that. Beyond everything else it would affect, it would retcon Endgame, considering what the Ancient One said:

"Strange was meant to be the best of us."

To the point that she did a 180 and immediately gave up the Time Stone just from finding out that he did so himself.

Flyattractor
Endgame pretty much proved Continuity don't mean Shit.

I can see this happening.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Endgame pretty much proved Continuity don't mean Shit.

I can see this happening. EG proved continuity matters, Thanos is inevitable and that he singlehandedly beat avatar.

Flyattractor
Not with their sloppy version of Time Travel it didn't.

Wipe the Cuck out of your eyes ShillBoy.

Strange will be CUCKED and Beta'ed in his own Movie.

Cause Marvel is WOKE NOW!

quanchi112
Not with their sloppy version of Time Travel it didn't.

Wipe the Cuck out of your eyes ShillBoy.

Strange will be CUCKED and Beta'ed in his own Movie.

Cause Marvel is WOKE NOW!

Thanos wrecked avatar. He won. Inevitable as are your tears. Your life choices has no bearing on the characters.

Flyattractor
Why is your life so Empty Quanchi?

quanchi112
Why is your life so Empty Quanchi? Projection.

Flyattractor
Hard to Project Nothing.

quanchi112
Hard to Project Nothing. You simply lack the understanding to grasp this conversation.

Flyattractor
bjOfpmCVkPw

quanchi112
A horror film is truly groundbreaking for the MCU. Continue to push the boundaries and reinvent what the MCU can be. So glad I am a member of the MCU family.

BruceSkywalker
i wanna stephen go full on sorcerer supreme/master of the mystic arts mold

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Inhuman
I had some leaks that i didnt post here this that claimed Nightmare was the villain of the next Strange movie. Guess they were true.

Hopefully Nightmare is better than the comic version.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Hopefully Nightmare is better than the comic version.

Yeah. You would think that after "The Snap" Nightmare should be Pretty Bad Ass with that Power Boost right now.

CentaurSuperman
Yes to see Wanda and Strange going on psycheldic acid trip together. I ship them now that vision is dead. I wish vision was used better in civil war and infinity war, the Russos really messed up his entire deal

TheVaultDweller
Vision is basically the MCU equivalent of Fox Cyclops at this point. He was cool in AoU, but then just went downhill from there.

Kazenji
If they're going with Lovecraftian horrors with this film, Hoping to see Shuma-Gorath.

Kazenji
Sam Raimi is in talks to direct this

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-2-sam-raimi-1203475309/

carthage
**** yeah

-Pr-
The last director left because of creative differences. Whatever that means. Raimi has a very distinct style, but he does like to throw horror themes in to his movies, so maybe he'd be a good fit for this? I hope so.

Dr Will Hatch
Bruce Campbell is going to play Nightmare, lol.

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
i can see tobey maguire in this

riv6672
^^^he could be Rintrah!

Dr Will Hatch
Anyone hoping that since Sam Raimi is directing Doctor Strange, the film is going to have a Tobey Spider-Man cameo(And maybe Andrew Garfield?) when Strange is traversing the multiverse?

Inhuman
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Anyone hoping that since Sam Raimi is directing Doctor Strange, the film is going to have a Tobey Spider-Man cameo(And maybe Andrew Garfield?) when Strange is traversing the multiverse?

It will most likely have a Bruce Campbell cameo.

carthage

Kazenji
Hope to see a cameo from the Necronomicon ex mortis in Strange's library, If Raimi does decide to do this film.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Inhuman
It will most likely have a Bruce Campbell cameo.

Of course Bruce will be there, but I meant that this movie would be the perfect opportunity to introduce characters from other franchises like the Sony Spider-Men, the X-Men, Sony's Fantastic Four, etc.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Kazenji
Hope to see a cameo from the Necronomicon ex mortis in Strange's library, If Raimi does decide to do this film.

cool

That would make me so goddamn giddy. I'm so looking forward to this. Maybe the gypsy woman from Drag Me To Hell can appear too.

riv6672
cool

That would make me so goddamn giddy. I'm so looking forward to this. Maybe the gypsy woman from Drag Me To Hell can appear too.
Screw the gypsy. Bring me the goat!

BruceSkywalker

garfield not sure, but i can certainly see tobey in a cameo

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^he could be Rintrah!

tobey will most likely cameo as Spidey..

after all jk returned as J Jonah in far from home

riv6672
^^^good point.

I just like Rintrah!

Kazenji
Raimi's confirming that he is indeed directing the sequel.

riv6672

Impediment

BruceSkywalker

riv6672

Kazenji
Evil Dead easter egg confirmed by Bruce Campbell

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strange-2-bruce-campbell-script-joke/

Impediment
A trailer is rumored to be released this month.

jaden_2.0
Yeah I'd expect it'd be with Spiderman.

riv6672

Impediment
I just watched a leaked trailer.

Shuma-Gorath is gonna be in this movie.

Robtard
The Doctor gets another heavy hitter adversary.

-Pr-
Spoiler-ish.

One of the Spider-Man NWH post-credit scenes is actually a short trailer for this. Looks cool, and is one of the few new phase films I'm somewhat pumped for.

Impediment

ares834
So Evil Strange is the villain? Cool. Hope it's not a fake out and the real villain is Wanda.

Impediment
Is there an evil Doctor Strange from the comics? I'm uninformed.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Impediment

If you dig deep enough, you should fine some evil Stranges.

But this one seems like the What if version... or, perhaps, someone posing as Strange, in order to trick or troll him.

Kazenji
I'm more hyped to see Shuma Gorath in action.

StiltmanFTW
Shuma eats kangaroos for breakfast.

Robtard

In the 'What If...?' TV show, it had a Doctor Strange from one universe go evil.

https://brobible.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/doctor-strange-what-if.jpg

steverules_2
Yeah but then he sets out to redeem himself and helps stop Infinity stones ultron so I dunno...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
In the 'What If...?' TV show, it had a Doctor Strange from one universe go evil.

I hope he threw galactic dildos at unsuspecting people in various universes.

Kazenji
Looks like the Squad like beast that we seen in the trailer who we thought was Shuma-Gorath is actually Gargantos

https://thedirect.com/article/doctor-strange-2-villain-creepy-official-merch

Gargantos

rudester
These movies are so repetitive and getting on my last nerve

Lestov16
aWzlQ2N6qqg

Patient_Leech
Didn't know this was Sam Raimi, so I might actually care a little bit now.

It might not suck like the first one.

ares834
Looks cool.

And was the ****ing Xavier?!

carthage
Pretty sure that was Xavier

Tete3
You can't resuscitate a dead horse.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lestov16
aWzlQ2N6qqg

man this looks totally fracking awesome

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by steverules_2
Yeah but then he sets out to redeem himself and helps stop Infinity stones ultron so I dunno...

He seems more like a potential ally. Teaming up against the greater evil and all that.

Can't even recognize all of the characters in the newest trailer - looks awesome indeed, as Bruce said.

Kazenji
It's just good to see Raimi doing another Comic book movie, Hope he doesn't get screwed over like what happen when he was over at Sony doing Spider-Man 3.

StiltmanFTW
Unlike Sony, Marvel Studios really know what they're doing.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
It's just good to see Raimi doing another Comic book movie, Hope he doesn't get screwed over like what happen when he was over at Sony doing Spider-Man 3.

Obviously the movie will be mostly CG, but I hope Raimi sticks to his roots and has a good practical effect gag or two.

StiltmanFTW
Do we know if Raimi is gonna be involved in future MCU projects?

jaden_2.0
Looks like a step up in CGI quality. Some of that trailer genuinely looked amazing in comparison to what's come before.

Old Man Whirly!
Was that the Human Torch in the trailer?

jaden_2.0
Captain Marvel

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Captain Marvel less excited sad Prof X's voice?

Patient_Leech
Looks like a step up in CGI quality. Some of that trailer genuinely looked amazing in comparison to what's come before.

Did it, though?

carthage
Its heavily rumored to be Superior Iron Man

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Did it, though?

I just said it did. And as always, I'm right.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
less excited sad

Not the one you think.

Monica Rambeau, the variant.

Prof X's voice?

Yes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carthage
Its heavily rumored to be Superior Iron Man

We already see his drones looking like that version, so the rumour is turning out to be true - at least partially, so far.

StiltmanFTW

It's funny how Marvel's worst CGI is a million times better than DCEU's best.

Old Man Whirly!
Starro was great. I'm not a big Spectrum fan, but is anyone?

Kazenji
I'm not a big Spectrum fan, but is anyone?

Doesn't matter, She's still being introduced.

StiltmanFTW
Plenty of classic Avengers that didn't achieve great popularity.

Doesn't mean they can't work on the big screen. It's not always about the A-listers and A-listers only.

Marvel's succeeding because they're exploring every corner of their universe, unlike DC that reboots Batman for the 238985723985th time, hoping it can magically save them from humiliation.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's funny how Marvel's worst CGI is a million times better than DCEU's best.

Are you trying to suggest that Green Lantern wasn't the ultimate pinnacle of CGI greatness?

Impediment
Could that really be Charles Xavier?

StiltmanFTW
Are you trying to suggest that Green Lantern wasn't the ultimate pinnacle of CGI greatness?

laughing out loud

Could that really be Charles Xavier?

Yes.

And that's only the first big surprise, I'm sure.

-Pr-
Starro was great. I'm not a big Spectrum fan, but is anyone?

Don't mind Stilt. He just hates DC almost as much as he hates women.

StiltmanFTW
Go on. Argue how DC's CGI is decent because it hits you right in that nostalgia spot called "PlayStation 2" vin

Robtard
Could that really be Charles Xavier? Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Yes.

And that's only the first big surprise, I'm sure.

I'm guessing Charles Xavier is part of whichever universe's Illuminati.

Edit: Which means we could Iron Man doing a cameo in some version.

StiltmanFTW
I'm guessing Charles Xavier is part of whichever universe's Illuminati.

Edit: Which means we could Iron Man doing a cameo in some version.

No need for a link. Most of us are comic nerds in here stick out tongue

Yes, good guess, especially since there are rumours of Tom Cruise's Superior Iron Man + some Reed Richards' variant.

CBvF posters are feeling the same.

We still need more for it to be a proper Illuminati, but the film is already overflowing with characters, both fan-favorite and obscure ones.

Robtard
As much as I'd love to have RDJ do a cameo return for this, I kinda hope that rumor is true.

edit: I guess we could get both, since it's the multiverse and basically anything is possible.

Impediment
New trailer is out.

Robtard
pGIoQYUBLbM

What everyone thought was Captain Marvel very early on, clearly not:

https://i.imgur.com/Me0Tr9W.png

BruceSkywalker
New trailer is out.

not going to watch it..

Impediment
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
not going to watch it..

Why not?

Potential spoilers?

playa1258
Ready for the floodgates of shitposting to start.

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
Why not?

Potential spoilers?

prolly so but I just do not want to be spoiled because on May 6, my ass will be sitting in an IMAX theater for 2 and 1/2 hours enjoying myself

Patient_Leech
Not particularly looking forward to this.

But I'm hoping it doesn't have awful Marvel humor and that it will feel like a Sam Raimi film. If it accomplishes those things it might be good.

I think Fiege claims Sam Raimi fans will recognize it as his work and be pleased. Supposedly.

Robtard

riv6672
Leading theory is Superior Iron Man played by Tom Cruise.
Oh, VERY interesting Ty! thumb up

Impediment

Robtard
With Xavier's voice heard in the trailer, I'd bank on it. Unless it's intended misdirection by the studio.

I forget who dropped it, but supposedly they're revealing the new Wolverine in this with a cameo.

I've said before and I know I'm not the only one who wants this, but the new Wolverine should be revealed in a scene where he and the Hulk are fighting. Which would make your #180 (and your #181) go up.

Darth Thor

carthage
Leaked image of Black Bolt, John Krasinski as Reed Richards, and Captain Carter as the Illuminatihttps://www.facebook.com/FcukDC/photos/a.581224688915197/1619302775107378/ BE WARNED

riv6672

Estacado
This was ok the plot was kinda meh...

the cameo of Prof X., Black Bolt and Reed was pretty cool too bad they got killed off few minutes later. The whole story of Wanda wanting to go to an alternate universe to have Kiss being the main plot through the entire movie was kinda disappointing for me.
Wasted potentional of the multiverse imo.

Estacado
Originally posted by Estacado
This was ok the plot was kinda meh...

the cameo of Prof X., Black Bolt and Reed was pretty cool too bad they got killed off few minutes later. The whole story of Wanda wanting to go to an alternate universe to have Kiss being the main plot through the entire movie was kinda disappointing for me.
Wasted potentional of the multiverse imo.

to have kids phuckin auto correct..

playa1258
Predicted to open in between $190 -$220 million.

Outstanding.

Old Man Whirly!
In the pictures now.

Old Man Whirly!
no Tom Cruise Iron Man it's okay.

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
Saw Doctor Strange. Was good I thought.

jaden_2.0
Enjoyed it a lot more than the 1st one. Maybe relied a little too heavy on the novelty of the illuminati scenes. Very amused at the Bruce Campbell Evil Dead cameo. Scarlet Witch is an absolute wrecking machine. Monstrously overpowered. No idea who Charlize Theron's character is in the post credits scene but I'm sure someone will enlighten me. They looked like they were on their way to fight Dormammu though. Also liked John Krasinski as Richard Reed

Also, yes the Avatar trailer was attached and looked pretty awesome.

-Pr-
Enjoyed it a lot more than the 1st one. Maybe relied a little too heavy on the novelty of the illuminati scenes. Very amused at the Bruce Campbell Evil Dead cameo. Scarlet Witch is an absolute wrecking machine. Monstrously overpowered. No idea who Charlize Theron's character is in the post credits scene but I'm sure someone will enlighten me. They looked like they were on their way to fight Dormammu though. Also liked John Krasinski as Richard Reed

Yeah, I did not expect that trailer at all.

Oh, and Theron is Clea. Girlfriend to Strange and relative of Dormammu.

Impediment

You mean Reed Richards.

Patient_Leech
Enjoyed it a lot more than the 1st one.

Glad to hear that. I didn't like the 1st at all. Is Raimi's influence felt? Is it too toned down by Marvel/Disney?

Was also interested to hear about that. Probably will just wait until it's released online next week.

-Pr-
Glad to hear that. I didn't like the 1st at all. Is Raimi's influence felt? Is it too toned down by Marvel/Disney?

Was also interested to hear about that. Probably will just wait until it's released online next week.

It's toned down a bit, but you can tell they gave him a lot of lattitude with this movie. More than I was expecting. It feels very much like a Raimi movie.

jaden_2.0
You mean Reed Richards.

Aye. That.

jaden_2.0

Tonally in terms of how "dark" it is its probably on the same level as the likes of Hellboy. There's a couple of brutal deaths but the worst is only implied and not shown. I'm the same with the 1st one which was surprising as I really like Mads Mikkleson and Chiwetel Ejiofor. (I enjoyed the subtle reference in this to his role as The Operative in Serenity)

My only gripe is that it sort of fizzles out at the end purely because, as I said, Scarlet Witch is ridiculously overpowered and basically unbeatable. Like she single handedly kills almost everyone at Kamar-Taj then solos Black Bolt, Captain Carter, Reed Richards, Rambeau"s Captain Marvel and Charles Xavier

Visually the scene when Strange and Chavez are falling through different universes might be the coolest scene in the MCU so far. Very similar to Spidey when he's in the holographic projection in Far From Home.

Robtard
Found this to be a whole lot of meh story and plot wise. Visuals were really cool, as to be expected when Strange is involved. I'd put it in the bottom tier of the MCU though.

Best part was the second/final credits scene. John Krasinski as Reed Richards worked well, do hope they keep him in future films. Loved seeing Captain Carter live; her fight scene was good.

Did have a giggle at the real hero of the story being a Latina teenage girl named "America" who has two mommies and sports a LBGTQ pin on her stars-and-stripes jacket, because the usual suspects will gripe, even though this is a Marvel character.

Estacado
Funniest part was when Reed the "smartest man in the universe" hints Wanda the only thing that can kill her...

Galan007
This movie fell somewhere in the mediocre tier for me. It wasn't bad(I actually enjoyed the overlying horror vibes), but I didn't think it was great either.

I have quite a few comments, but for starters I was annoyed that the Illuminati were wholesale annihilated a few minutes after their initial reveal... I get that Wanda was essentially an unbeatable dues ex machina, but damn. I just expected to see more from them.

I did love the X-Men TAS theme playing when Xavier came in, though. I also really liked Krasinski as Reed -- he spoke with a calm, understanding, and almost remorseful tone, which I thought was perfect.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
I did love the X-Men TAS theme playing when Xavier came in, though.

Arguably the best moment in the film thumb up

Originally posted by Galan007
I also really liked Krasinski as Reed -- he spoke with a calm, understanding, and almost remorseful tone, which I thought was perfect.

Knew you'd enjoy him in the role... and that's what made his death so much sweeter haw-som

Estacado
What kinda bothered me is that how even after being in like 5 movies Strange is portrayed like a complete noob most of the Time...

HadleyPrime
Originally posted by Estacado
What kinda bothered me is that how even after being in like 5 movies Strange is portrayed like a complete noob most of the Time... I need better facial recognition software then it might not be so strange

Old Man Whirly!
no Tom Cruise Iron Man it's okay. since coming out of the theatre Thursday. I've thought about this film and how much I wanted to really like it. It being Raimi and all. I still say... It's ok. Nothing more or less.

carthage
Seen a few clips but gonna go watch it anyway
Expecting it to be solid

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by carthage
Seen a few clips but gonna go watch it anyway
Expecting it to be solid it's watchable no doubt.

Patient_Leech
since coming out of the theatre Thursday. I've thought about this film and how much I wanted to really like it. It being Raimi and all. I still say... It's ok. Nothing more or less.

I've debated with myself whether or not to see this in the theater. I'm really curious to see some new Sam Raimi work. I still found his style really fun and unique in his Spiderman movies even though he was tamed down a lot, but I don't know, it being Dr. Strange and MCU just kind of turns me off. So I'll probably just wait.

Plus I only have to wait until next week to see the Avatar 2 trailer online.

StiltmanFTW
There aren't as many quips as in the original, if you're concerned about that.

There still are some, though. And yes, they feel forced.

TheVaultDweller
From a visual standpoint, I found this movie highly entertaining. From a narrative standpoint, I thought it was dumb as fuk. This whole huge deal is made about America's ability to travel between universes, with everyone being awed and amazed by this seemingly one-of-a-kind ability... Yet, in No Way Home, Strange brought multiple characters over from other universes, literally by accident. Hell, even fukin Ned managed to do it.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
From a visual standpoint, I found this movie highly entertaining. From a narrative standpoint, I thought it was dumb as fuk. This whole huge deal is made about America's ability to travel between universes, with everyone being awed and amazed by this seemingly one-of-a-kind ability... Yet, in No Way Home, Strange brought multiple characters over from other universes, literally by accident. Hell, even fukin Ned managed to do it. visually stunning, but dumb as ****! A perfect summary for most recent Marvel outings, and especially this one. The spoiler tagged section is also spot on.

StiltmanFTW
The spoiler tagged section is also spot on.

It's not.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
From a visual standpoint, I found this movie highly entertaining. From a narrative standpoint, I thought it was dumb as fuk. This whole huge deal is made about America's ability to travel between universes, with everyone being awed and amazed by this seemingly one-of-a-kind ability... Yet, in No Way Home, Strange brought multiple characters over from other universes, literally by accident. Hell, even fukin Ned managed to do it.

Ned didn't extract Tobey and Andrew from their respective universes - that was already done before by a botched up spell.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ned didn't extract Tobey and Andrew from their respective universes - that was already done before by a botched up spell.

Even if that was the case, which seems at odds with how the rest of the spell glitched out IMO, it doesn't change the fact that universal crossovers had already happened by the time of MoM. Yet everyone seemed stunned by America's ability. And Strange somehow seemed to know less about the multiverse in this film than he did in No Way Home.

Also, on an unrelated note, the Illuminati were a complete and utter joke. This big reveal and all this tough talk and they get fodderized like 5 minutes later. And, of course, typical MCU combat PIS where Wanda warps two of them and kills them instantly but then decides to fire magic lasers at the others for the rest of that fight.

Like I said though, there were a lot of cool visual bits, like the magical music battle between the two Stranges, the sequence where Strange and America were falling through universes, the scene with Zombie Strange as well as a number of others.

ares834
What the hell was that?! The was ****in awful. Easily one of the worst Marvel films yet. Absolute drivel.

Edit: Really liked Strange possessing his alternate universe's corpse and then commanding the spirits. That was great. Everything else was trash.

TheVaultDweller
Also, to add to what I said previously, with the home release of No Way Home they also included a video called "Ned's Bogus Adventure", which actually saw him visiting the universes the other two Spider-Men were from. And it was also revealed by the filmmakers who did No Way Home that America was originally going to appear there and be the one that links up the Spider-Men with her powers, but they decided to change it to Ned to keep her debut for this film. So, based on all of that, the intent did seem to be that Ned was portaling between universes. Which, as I said, makes the whole driving plot point of MoM absolutely idiotic.

Lestov16
As a massive fan of the first film, I thought that this film was decent. Not amazingly memorable, but watchably passable . It had a strong start, and the introduction of the Illuminati (and thus the Fantastic 4 and X Men), the concept of dreams being multiversal gateways, the power/corruption of the Agents-Of-Shield-introduced Darkhold, and Scarlet Witch being the film's primary and seemingly unstoppable antagonist rather than Strange's sidekick was highly intriguing. However the film seemed to fizzle out at the end, IMO because it pulls that lame TLOU2/"power of love" BS where the villain aka Wanda spends the entirety of the movie's runtime mercilessly slaughtering people, only to cop out at the last second and suddenly develop a conscience, thus rendering her relentless quest, and thus the entire film's plot, into an indecisive and meaningless waste of time in order to preserve the character's marketability. Also, IMO, Strange has weak characterization in this film compared to it's predecessor. In the first film, he underwent an amazing character arc going from selfish jerk willing to push around others to selfless hero willing to sacrifice himself, whereas here, his primary character conflict is the generic and boring "too busy being a hero to have a spouse" cliche. Also, Mordo seems to have conflict with Strange purely because the plot demands it, even when it doesn't benefit him or his superficially weak values in the slightest

While this was a fun movie in terms of spectacle and does have great fantasy concepts, it seems to be weighed down by its status as an MCU vehicle, which prevents it from becoming a fully developed standalone film. I'd give it a 7.5/10, as it was better than Iron Man 2 or Thor: The Dark World, but not as good as Guardians Of the Galaxy 2 or Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Impediment
Visually, the film was stunning and absolute eye candy.

Wanda was massively overpowered so much that it was (no pun intended) comical. She erased Black Bolt's mouth and obliterated Reed with absolute ease, but spent the majority of the film flying around and shooting red pew-pews. Also, Black Bolt would never be so stupid as to scream like he did and kill himself. The guy has spent his entire life on focusing his powers and meditation to not utter even a breath.

I dislike how the Illuminati were so easily scrapped, but Wanda is easily on a different tier so I'll look the other way. I just hope Krasinski plays Reed in the upcoming film. I was pleasantly surprised by his appearance.

Chavez suddenly "harnessing her power" with the "eye of the tiger" was expected, but lame.

I had to explain to my daughter the preceding events of Wandavision since she hadn't seen it.

Did anyone else notice the Living Tribunal?

Overall, I enjoyed it but the fist film is superior, IMO.

7/10

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>