Is Disney Canon Vader > Legends Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YousufKhan1212
Title says it all.

Zenwolf
From what I've seen? No.

Darth Thor
Did Legends Vader ever redirect torpedo blasts?

Think Canon Vader is >

In terms of In Universe powerscaling against other characters hes certainly better. Just look at EU Vader vs TPM Maul comic.

Total Warrior
Legends Vader would have speedblitzed and oneshotted Kanan and Ezra

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Legends Vader would have speedblitzed and oneshotted Kanan and Ezra

Canon Vader was toying with them.

It was his plan for then to escape so he could track their ship back to the rebel fleet.

Total Warrior
Oh ok then

Underachiever59
I agree with Darth Thor here. Regarding the powerscaling in the respective universes, Canon Vader places much higher as far as Canon powerscaling than Legends Vader places by Legends powerscaling.

That being said, I'm pretty sure if we took all of the feats and scaling of Legends Vader and compared them to Canon Vader, Legends Vader comes out on top. This is because Legends feats and scaling were waaaaay more absurd than Canon. The high end feats on Legends fit better in DC or DBZ than in Star Wars, and as a result, Legends scaling pretty much always results in Legends characters being far greater than their respective Canon counterparts.

So, respective, in-universe powerscaling, Canon Vader>Legends Vader. Actual feats and conventional scaling, Legends Vader>Canon Vader.

The Merchant
In terms of feats canon Vader is better. Legends has better scaling though such as TFU games for example

YousufKhan1212

Sheev
I definitely feel like canon Vader is superior, but what do you guys think?

Eli Vanto
Canon definitely.

Zenwolf
Legends, better scaling and the like. Canon may have more "bigger feats" but I don't see why his Legends incarnation couldn't replicate them.

xPRIMEx
Canon for sure. He has all the best feats of legends Vader plus better accolades and without the low showings

StiltmanFTW
*waits for Galan to mention the Force-choking feat at insane distance while holding back*

Galan007
^ He did... But so have others.

Dunno. Probably side with canon Vader at this point.

Zentrex
In terms of rankings, Canon Vader's defenitely higher, in his continuity. If the two were to go in a head to head brawl though, I'm thinking Legends Vader would win.

In Legends, he was above average, but there were many force users more powerful than him.
In Canon, he's one of the most powerful sith to ever live, which is obvious when he easily overpowers every threat that he encounters, including ancient force users like Mommin and Rur.

But then again, in Legends, he was competing with people who could destroy planets and cause supernovas and create/move black holes. Surviving Legends Palpatine's force lightning in RotJ alone makes him more powerful than Canon Vader.

Sheev
Canon Vader is shrugging off planet crushing attacks with compromised armor these days lol.

Zentrex
Also: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t662517.html

Galan007
Good catch. thumb up

Merging.

StiltmanFTW
One thing Canon Vader has over his Legends counterpart is how the armor wasn't made to limit him...

And even if it was, he re-built it himself, pretty much from a scratch. So it really no longer should be the case.

Legends obviously have more material, but at the rate Disney Vader is getting crazy feats, he should catch up soon --- if he hasn't done so already.

Rebel95

Eli Vanto
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
One thing Canon Vader has over his Legends counterpart is how the armor wasn't made to limit him...

And even if it was, he re-built it himself, pretty much from a scratch. So it really no longer should be the case.

Legends obviously have more material, but at the rate Disney Vader is getting crazy feats, he should catch up soon --- if he hasn't done so already. That's a great point. In legends the suit definitely hindered Vader but in canon that doesn't seem to be the case. Canon Vader is implied to be more powerful then ever

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
That's a great point. In legends the suit definitely hindered Vader but in canon that doesn't seem to be the case. Canon Vader is implied to be more powerful then ever

But still we know he cant be much > than he was in ROTS. Given he was already damn powerful by then, and we know he never surpassed Palpatine.

So his potential was still heavily hindered in both Canon and Legends.

Eli Vanto
I mean is there any real evidence in canon that peak Vader was still inferior to Sidious? Because I imagine that the gap between them was much smaller then most would like to think

Galan007
I mean is there any real evidence in canon that peak Vader was still inferior to Sidious? The fact that he felt the need to team up with Luke in order to defeat Palpatine?

Darth Thor
I mean is there any real evidence in canon that peak Vader was still inferior to Sidious? Because I imagine that the gap between them was much smaller then most would like to think

Well certainly in Lucas canon he was below Palpatine, and both Vader and Palps were interested in Luke, because he still had far more potential.

As for Disney canon, as Uber as his feats have been, I just dont see Palpatine struggling against Ahsoka... Like at all.

Like he easily force stomped both Maul and Opress together. And Ahsoka at best is Mauls equal.

Galan007
Most I would ever argue is that Vader's TK might approach Palpatine's level. Aside from that, Palpatine is immensely superior across the board, and possesses a LOT more esoteric power/knowledge than Vader ever did.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
Most I would ever argue is that Vader's TK might approach Palpatine's level.

Thats what I would think too. But not instantly force owning Ahsoka is pretty inconsistent with even that idea when we consider Sidious could instantly force own both Maul and Opress together.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But still we know he cant be much > than he was in ROTS. Given he was already damn powerful by then, and we know he never surpassed Palpatine.

So his potential was still heavily hindered in both Canon and Legends.

You need to unlearn what you have learned.

Galan007
Thats what I would think too. But not instantly force owning Ahsoka is pretty inconsistent with even that idea when we consider Sidious could instantly force own both Maul and Opress together. That's true. But then again, you also have the same Ahsoka that fought Vader doing shit like this(momentary at it was):

https://i.imgur.com/2sVxlk3.jpg

So her Force abilities are still pretty up there. That might explain why Vader didn't just instantly TK ragdoll her. /shrug

Darth Thor
That's true. But then again, you also have the same Ahsoka that fought Vader doing shit like this(momentary at it was):

https://i.imgur.com/2sVxlk3.jpg

So her Force abilities are still pretty up there. That might explain why Vader didn't just instantly TK ragdoll her. /shrug

Meh not convinced given she stalemated Maul, and even if she is slightly better than Maul In that regard, Sidious owned Both Maul and Opress simultaneously.

Granted its possible Maul improved his TK over the years.

I think I will go with the small difference between Vader and Sidious making ALL the difference against lesser opponents. But even then there has to be that small difference between Vader and Palpatine even in TK.

Rebel95
Despite growing more powerful after his injuries, Vader still never reached his full potential and remained loyal to Sidious likely out of a desire for more power. That being said, there are several sources that state that Palpatine viewed Vader as a threat.

StiltmanFTW
Sidious himself never reached his full potential.

Not till TRoS, that is.

Rebel95

Rebel95

Galan007
Meh not convinced given she stalemated Maul, and even if she is slightly better than Maul In that regard, Sidious owned Both Maul and Opress simultaneously.

Granted its possible Maul improved his TK over the years.

I think I will go with the small difference between Vader and Sidious making ALL the difference against lesser opponents. But even then there has to be that small difference between Vader and Palpatine even in TK. I actually think it's very likely that Maul's powers did improve by Rebels, as he had clearly been delving into the more obscure aspects of the Force/dark side -- like when he used Dathomirian magics, for example. But that's neither here nor there.

Yeah, I agree that Palpatine's TK would be superior to Vader's, otherwise Vader would have just Force-choked him to assume supremacy or w/e. But I do think that Vader's TK was powerful enough to give Palpatine a damn good fight, IF we're *only* talking about TK. Factor in all of Palpatine's other abilities, however, and it would obviously be a stomp in his favor.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rebel95
That being said, there are several sources that state that Palpatine viewed Vader as a threat. Tbf, Palpatine also viewed Dooku+Asajj, and Maul+Savage as potential threats/rivals, despite having the power to easily slaughter them.

Eli Vanto

Darth Thor
I actually think it's very likely that Maul's powers did improve by Rebels, as he had clearly been delving into the more obscure aspects of the Force/dark side -- like when he used Dathomirian magics, for example. But that's neither here nor there.

Yeah, I agree that Palpatine's TK would be superior to Vader's, otherwise Vader would have just Force-choked him to assume supremacy or w/e. But I do think that Vader's TK was powerful enough to give Palpatine a damn good fight, IF we're *only* talking about TK. Factor in all of Palpatine's other abilities, however, and it would obviously be a stomp in his favor.

Yeah this all makes sense thumb up

Tbf, Palpatine also viewed Dooku+Asajj, and Maul+Savage as potential threats/rivals, despite having the power to easily slaughter them.

Yeah when he viewed Sith/Ex-Sith and their apprentices as threats, it was clearly more to do with Potential threat.

One aspect though where Vader > Palpatine was as a pilot. And that is quite an important ability in terms of being a threat. Especially from a pilot that Palpatine cant just easily Force Choke from his own ship.

xPRIMEx

Darth Thor
^ Wheres that from?

Galan007
I believe the excerpt is from The Essential Guide To Characters.

xPRIMEx

Galan007
Probably not, because Byss doesn't exist in canon... Not yet, at least. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.