Gladiator vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

playa1258
Current versions of both.

Battle take place on an lifeless planet with streaming to Comicvine and CBR for $59.95.

carver9
Martian Manhunter gets blitzed to sleep.

Senor Cage
TP, ftw

carver9
Wont get a chance to use it.

BruceSkywalker
Glads stomps really easy here

MrMind
MMH

Senor Cage
Yeah, he could just go intangible, and that will be that.

carver9
He gets blitzed before going intangible

playa1258
It's not an auto win anyway.

DarkSaint85
No one can prove that Gladiator was FTL as we know it in his latest showing.

Philosophía
Originally posted by carver9
He gets blitzed before going intangible Martian Manhunter is at least as fast in terms of reaction time and combat speed as Gladiator.

He shitstomps here.

Come, coward.

Galan007
Oh yeah? Well Gladiator is at least capable of rattling J'onn's bones... Vigorously.

thumb up

-Pr-
Gladiator.

Philosophía
Carver, are you going to run away for the 534th time?

Same old troll tactic - say something, get trashed, ignore, say it again?

Originally posted by Galan007
Oh yeah? Well Gladiator is at least capable of rattling J'onn's bones... Vigorously.

thumb up *insert martian manhunter sex page, proving he doesn't have bones*

Bentley
Martian Manhunter is from DC, he likely wins the physical confrontation just by scaling shifty

Philosophía
*opens the door*

*looks under the bed*

Caaaaarver!

carver9
Wait, did you expect me to reply to that post? laughing out loud
Read your post, please.

Philosophía
Your position is that Gladiator is so much faster than Martian Manhunter that he blitzes him.

Prove it.

nortonek

carver9
Hes not going to answer.

DarkSaint85
I thought people debated here.

Carver made a statement.

Phildo asked for proof.

*silence*

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I thought people debated here.

Carver made a statement.

Phildo asked for proof.

*silence*

And I asked for proof in the other thread. Stop picking sides. Break that habit.

darthgoober
G chokes him out ala Supergirl stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
And I asked for proof in the other thread. Stop picking sides. Break that habit.

I'm not.

Can't answer a question with a question. In the other thread, Phildo asked for proof in his OP, and you just answered his q with a q

Stoic
Gladiator can just look at J'onn and mess up his entire game. HV Ftw.

Senor Cage
MM too versatile.

playa1258
Does MMH have any strength showings on par with Gladiator apart from power scaling?

Senor Cage
Originally posted by playa1258
Does MMH have any strength showings on par with Gladiator apart from power scaling?

His shared feat with DCnU Superman was pretty insane. Superman did most of the work, but still an impressive feat.

Inedian
Gladiator destroys him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by darthgoober
G chokes him out ala Supergirl stick out tongue
He isn't strong enough to do that.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
He isn't strong enough to do that.

Why not?

DarkSaint85
I'm not.

Can't answer a question with a question. In the other thread, Phildo asked for proof in his OP, and you just answered his q with a q

Hey Carv!

-Pr-
Grabbing someone by the throat is not the same as choking someone out. Supergirl, unless I missed another instance, never "choked out" Martian Manhunter.

And yes, I realise goober was kidding, but still. Can't have certain people trying to use that as ammunition.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Grabbing someone by the throat is not the same as choking someone out. Supergirl, unless I missed another instance, never "choked out" Martian Manhunter.

And yes, I realise goober was kidding, but still. Can't have certain people trying to use that as ammunition.

When you get into a certain tier and the tiering is around the same, I dont see why another character couldnt choke out the other.

confused

Gladiator have the edge in strength, so he should be able to do it.

abhilegend
Why not?
Why what?

Stoic
What stops Gladiator from burning his ass up?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
What stops Gladiator from burning his ass up?

Intangibility?

Stoic
Intangibility?

You'd think that he would've done that every time that he's had a matchbook thrown at him. Perhaps becoming intangible is outside of his character when in situations of this nature?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Stoic
You'd think that he would've done that every time that he's had a matchbook thrown at him. Perhaps becoming intangible is outside of his character when in situations of this nature?

Well he went intangible when SPB shot at him with heat vision.

So it is something he will do when fighting at his best.

-Pr-
When you get into a certain tier and the tiering is around the same, I dont see why another character couldnt choke out the other.

confused

Gladiator have the edge in strength, so he should be able to do it.

I never argued that it couldn't be done, just that using the Supergirl example would be poor debating.

Stoic
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well he went intangible when SPB shot at him with heat vision.

So it is something he will do when fighting at his best.

I don't doubt it, because if I were J'onn, Gladiator, and many if not all Superman clones would lose. I mean if you take into account his telepathy, intangibility, speed, and strength. CIS off would have a character like J'onn phasing, while making his opponent believe that he was 20 meters away, as he speed blitzed them with superhuman punching power. The thing here is that although J'onn can fight like this, he nearly never does, which is the number 1 reason that I'm leaning heavily towards Gladiator taking him out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.