Superman [pre-OWAW] vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Superman can only use feats prior to the year 2000.

CIS off.

Who wins and based on what feats?

carver9
What's Superman best combat speed? What's his best striking ft, punch? Whats his best durability ft? As of right now, Gladiator wins this.

carver9
4th panel...

Noticed that Gladiator have the ability to buffer people power level and add it to his own...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41686819/Doctor_Strange_016-014.jpg.html

Philosophía
Originally posted by carver9
What's Superman best combat speed? What's his best striking ft, punch? Whats his best durability ft? As of right now, Gladiator wins this. Based on which of Gladiator's feats does he win this?

4th panel...

Noticed that Gladiator have the ability to buffer people power level and add it to his own...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41686819/Doctor_Strange_016-014.jpg.html As usual, you don't understand scans.

His invulnerability is psionic - and it blocks/buffer Galactus' blast -- until he gets killed by the same blast, that is. He doesn't 'add' anything to his own power.

DarkSaint85
4th panel...

Lmao.

Buffer means barrier here. It means he can block his enemies attacks, which means he's invulnerable.

Well, up until he dies, lol.

Why must you take something and try and go OTT with it???

Edit: ninjad by Phil

Inedian
4th panel...

It has nothing to adding power to his own... in short, Gladiator gave it his all, went all out, the best Glads we have seen, but to no avail against Galactus.

Philosophía
This is off to a good start.

carver9
Originally posted by Inedian
It has nothing to adding power to his own... in short, Gladiator gave it his all, went all out, the best Glads we have seen, but to no avail against Galactus.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
I think this shows that Carver trolls, and pretty heavily.

Poster A:. *Says something*
Carver: I won't accept it!!
Poster B: says the exact same thing
Carver: thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I think this shows that Carver trolls, and pretty heavily.

Poster A:. *Says something*
Carver: I won't accept it!!
Poster B: says the exact same thing
Carver: thumb up

Lol... I didnt even disagree with anyones comment on that. I just chose him as the person I wanted to thumbs up. I know this comment will bring traffic, but, I dont mind admitting when I'm wrong.

DarkSaint85
Well yeah, because you have a lot of practice.

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

Philosophía
Lol... I didnt even disagree with anyones comment on that. I just chose him as the person I wanted to thumbs up. I know this comment will bring traffic, but, I dont mind admitting when I'm wrong. Your 'being wrong' doesn't stop there.

Be a man.
What's Superman best combat speed? What's his best striking ft, punch? Whats his best durability ft? As of right now, Gladiator wins this.

Let's go sugarpuff.

carver9
Name Supes combat speed showings, please.

Philosophía
Name Supes combat speed showings, please. You're the one who took the position that Gladiator takes this:
"What's Superman best combat speed? What's his best striking ft, punch? Whats his best durability ft? As of right now, Gladiator wins this."
So, please. Begin showing feats of:
- combat speed
- striking
- durability
and I will start surpassing them.

carver9
It doesnt work like that. Lol, I asked the question first and then you are going to answer a question with a question. That question is not just for Philo by the way, so if anyone else want to step in that would be great. COMBAT showings, please.

DarkSaint85
It doesnt work like that. Lol, I asked the question first and then you are going to answer a question with a question. That question is not just for Philo by the way, so if anyone else want to step in that would be great. COMBAT showings, please.

Erm....
I think you'll find OP asked the question first, lmao.

As it's the, well, OP.

You've answered who wins, but he asked based on what feats.

You can't answer a question with a question, after all, amirite?

Philosophía
It doesnt work like that. Lol, I asked the question first and then you are going to answer a question with a question. That question is not just for Philo so it anyone else want to step in that would be great. COMBAT showings, please. How could you ask the question first, when I literally made the thread and started it with a question?

Why are you so afraid and insecure? You never post evidence, and every time you're pushed you run back crying.

Come, carver. Make me give you an ounce of respect.

edit: now I'm the one getting ninjad.

carver9
Erm....
I think you'll find OP asked the question first, lmao.

As it's the, well, OP.

Thought you was going to add something. Oh well. Anyone else.

DarkSaint85
Thought you was going to add something. Oh well. Anyone else.

Based on which feats of Gladiator do you say he wins?

It's a simple question in the Original Post. You haven't answered it?

Philosophía
Thought you was going to add something. Oh well. Anyone else. One more try, before you get reported.

Again.

Will you ever back up your position, or do you continue to spam/troll every thread with the same meaningless, baseless posts?

This is your chance.

Superman of the 90s.

Surely Gladiator's combat speed, striking and durability surpass him?

You've been nipple twisting since yesterday, surely you're not a coward now when you actually have to prove something?

carver9
Based on which feats of Gladiator do you say he wins?

It's a simple question in the Original Post. You haven't answered it?

I posted questions. Answer my question and then we can continue.

DarkSaint85
But you never answered OP, why do you insist that he answers your questions first?

SquallX
Name Supes combat speed showings, please.

Moving when time was stopped. That was pure speed.

playa1258
Post Crisis?

h1a8
It doesnt work like that. Lol, I asked the question first and then you are going to answer a question with a question. That question is not just for Philo by the way, so if anyone else want to step in that would be great. COMBAT showings, please. Superman has a long conversation, walks around casually, loosens his tie, etc all in the fraction of a nanosecond.

The_Dog_of_War
Pre-OWAW Superman is stronger than people think.

He was able to push a space station that was 600 miles in diameter in Superman: The Earth Stealers.

That's slightly bigger than the dwarf planet, Ceres.

Not saying Superman wins; I just wanted to throw that out there.

xJLxKing

panthergod
Originally posted by The_Dog_of_War
Pre-OWAW Superman is stronger than people think.

He was able to push a space station that was 600 miles in diameter in Superman: The Earth Stealers.

That's slightly bigger than the dwarf planet, Ceres.

Not saying Superman wins; I just wanted to throw that out there.

Correction: He moved the Earth Moon system it it's entirety, single-handed.

carver9
Glads destroys.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

PATHETIC THANOSI LIES!!!

Stoic
Superman wins. Why is this even a discussion?

Adam Grimes
Because Carvatron has embarked on a very convoluted quest I'm not sure even he understands.

TheHulkster
Going by Gladiator's recent Galactus encounter, he appears more impressive. Gladiator is able to battle a significantly amped Galactus for a prolonged period before falling. Galactus was a multiversal threat at that point and since we can't compare it to Superman's encounter with regular Galactus per the rules, I will use the next best thing; Imperiex Prime.

Imperiex was only a universal threat at the time he was able to reduce Hunter Prey Doomsday to a skeleton with a single blast and HP DD is clearly shown to be superior to 90s Superman. The implication is that the same would have happened to OWAW Superman if not rescued by Darkseid.

carver9
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Going by Gladiator's recent Galactus encounter, he appears more impressive. Gladiator is able to battle a significantly amped Galactus for a prolonged period before falling. Galactus was a multiversal threat at that point and since we can't compare it to Superman's encounter with regular Galactus per the rules, I will use the next best thing; Imperiex Prime.

Imperiex was only a universal threat at the time he was able to reduce Hunter Prey Doomsday to a skeleton with a single blast and HP DD is clearly shown to be superior to 90s Superman. The implication is that the same would have happened to OWAW Superman if not rescued by Darkseid.

Darkseid outright admitted he had to save Supermans life.

DarkSaint85

Reality was warped at that point when everyone was fighting Galactus.

Just prior to sucker punching Galactus, Galactus had the figurative shits so bad, the universe was feeling the ramifications.

Stoic
Reality was warped at that point when everyone was fighting Galactus.

Just prior to sucker punching Galactus, Galactus had the figurative shits so bad, the universe was feeling the ramifications.

Was Galactus, or any of the characters that confronted him any weaker than normal due to reality being warped? If so, where was it written? I ask because I may have missed it. Gladiator seemed to have been given a decent push during that showing.

DarkSaint85
Scientific rules were being completely rewritten, is my point. Was even explicitly said.

So my point is, using it as a yardstick is problematic. Gladiator outdoes the photons of Galactus attack, great. Was the speed of light the same? I cannot say, and neither can you.

Is energy stacking? If he is at 100GJ (as an example, just plucked an easy to use number), and Surfer is 10GJ, does absorbing him mean he's now 110GJ? Then when he has the shits, he's now....95GJ?

Impossible to say. I cannot say it for certain, you can't say it for certain. That's all I've ever said this entire time. Saying you, logically he MUST be super amped from feeding ignores that scientific laws - and hence, logic - were all gone.

Insane Titan
Glads loses badly

MrMind
superman with his eyes closed

h1a8
Glads destroys.

Originally posted by h1a8
Superman has a long conversation, walks around casually, loosens his tie, etc all in the fraction of a nanosecond.

Philosophía
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman has a long conversation, walks around casually, loosens his tie, etc all in the fraction of a nanosecond. Party pooper.

Ok..
https://imgur.com/a/W8zLDZW
https://imgur.com/a/1c8pTn8

vs

https://imgur.com/sMC5AbD

Fraction of a nanosecond vs nanoseconds.

So,
- combat speed Superman is superior
- striking
- durability

Anything else? Do we really have to do all the work?

carver9
laughing out loud

TheHulkster
In mathematics, infinitesimal means so small as to be unmeasurable. Unmeasurable > fraction of a nanosecond.

https://imgur.com/a/HUzKvhk

https://imgur.com/a/rtQAcTl

Yes, this is a Gladiator from 30 years in the future, but this is an in-continuity comic and he and current Reed do make reference to their past encounter. That verifies that it's the same Gladiator.

DarkSaint85
Is....Well, I mean if future versions are allowed.....

quanchi112
In mathematics, infinitesimal means so small as to be unmeasurable. Unmeasurable > fraction of a nanosecond.

https://imgur.com/a/HUzKvhk

https://imgur.com/a/rtQAcTl

Yes, this is a Gladiator from 30 years in the future, but this is an in-continuity comic and he and current Reed do make reference to their past encounter. That verifies that it's the same Gladiator. thumb up

Philosophía
Is....Well, I mean if future versions are allowed..... Saint, do you really think anybody reads the rules? I expect What Ifs to be posted soon, too, as desperation escalates. Nevermind what the actual feats mean, lol.

Come carver. Your tiny pencil should, at the very least, be capable of bringing the one feat you're so sure of - Galactus? If the blood isn't running through the brain, at least the waist? Or do you intend to run away for more pages?

Galan007
laughing out loud carver, if you aren't at least going to attempt to add anything relevant to the discussion, then stop posting.

You're just trolling at this point and I am tired of dealing with it.

TheHulkster
If we want to get technical, the scene with Clark Kent above does not involve combat.

TheHulkster
Scientific rules were being completely rewritten, is my point. Was even explicitly said.

So my point is, using it as a yardstick is problematic. Gladiator outdoes the photons of Galactus attack, great. Was the speed of light the same? I cannot say, and neither can you.

Is energy stacking? If he is at 100GJ (as an example, just plucked an easy to use number), and Surfer is 10GJ, does absorbing him mean he's now 110GJ? Then when he has the shits, he's now....95GJ?

Impossible to say. I cannot say it for certain, you can't say it for certain. That's all I've ever said this entire time. Saying you, logically he MUST be super amped from feeding ignores that scientific laws - and hence, logic - were all gone.

Quite a bit of reaching there.

DarkSaint85
Is it?

If so, point out which parts are incorrect.

TheHulkster
Every part where you attempt to claim ambiguity where there is none. The narration explains what is happening setting the default position. Stoic's question is legitimate.

DarkSaint85
Every part where you attempt to claim ambiguity where there is none. The narration explains what is happening setting the default position. Stoic's question is legitimate.

How is there no ambiguity?

The text clearly states science laws were being rewritten......

Default position was set , true. The setting was a universe where science was essentially gone.

Adam Grimes

TheHulkster
"Was light speed really light speed". Wow! So name all of the ambiguous things that happened. Was Galactus's eye blast really his eye blast? Was it really Galactus's face that was punched?

DarkSaint85
I didn't know Galactus' eyeblasts, like the speed of light, is a scientific law.

You may have a point about the punching though. Newton's laws of momentum were probably being violated thumb up good catch.

Edit: did you see my theory on the Heart Force?

Adam Grimes
How is there no ambiguity?

The text clearly states science laws were being rewritten......

Default position was set , true. The setting was a universe where science was essentially gone. Yeah, what was even the point in adding that bit if it's not going to be relevant to Strange and the gang?

It's like you guys would suddenly stop liking Gladiator (because I'm sure all of you are really big fans of the character...) if he didn't suddenly become abstract level.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, what was even the point in adding that bit if it's not going to be relevant to Strange and the gang?

It's like you guys would suddenly stop liking Gladiator (because I'm sure all of you are really big fans of the character...) if he didn't suddenly become abstract level.

It's collateral damage to show the power exerted. As has been shown so often in comics for dramatic effect. Fabric of reality being torn, etc. etc.

The narration states what Gladiator CAN do while showing him doing it. His capabilities as they happen. Stop reaching guys. If I made your argument against Superman performing identically in an identical situation, you all would go crazy on me.

quanchi112
It's collateral damage to show the power exerted. As has been shown so often in comics for dramatic effect. Fabric of reality being torn, etc. etc.

The narration states what Gladiator CAN do while showing him doing it. His capabilities as they happen. Stop reaching guys. If I made your argument against Superman performing identically in an identical situation, you all would go crazy on me. thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
carver, if you aren't at least going to attempt to add anything relevant to the discussion, then stop posting.

You're just trolling at this point and I am tired of dealing with it.

Understandable.

DarkSaint85

The narration states what Gladiator CAN do while showing him doing it. His capabilities as they happen. Stop reaching guys. If I made your argument against Superman performing identically in an identical situation, you all would go crazy on me.

It wasn't just fabric of reality being torn, though.

https://i.postimg.cc/mrps9Wm4/RCO006-w-1561567206.jpg

Science was being rewritten...and this was a full issue prior.

carver9
@Phil...

This is a question for ya. I thought Waverider had play in that showing? If not, can you provide the issue number.

carver9

Yep. It was simply stated how powerful Gladiator is, etc... even a hell lord (during the time reality was being messed up) couldnt do anything to Galactus. BB was only able to push him back. Some of the most powerful Mages in Marvel couldnt do anything. Gladiator was the only one capable of damaging him.

DarkSaint85
So here's my hypothesis. It may well be a theory, because it has stood up to every test I've subjected it to so far.

Gladiator vs Galactus (I know, I know).

Surfer outperformed Hell Lords. Black Bolt outperformed Surfer, and he tied ish with Gladiator in their performances against Galactus. I know, Black Bolt was amped, but I still stand by that Galactus wasn't at his peak with Gladiator. Put it this way - the Galactus both Bolt and Glads faced was amped to the same level, only Bolt's energies meant that Galactus was doubled over with diarrhoea when he faced Glads. So relative to each other, Glads' Galactus was weakened compared to Bolt's.

During this time, by the way, Galactus wasn't threatening the universe yet. Glads gets defeated, everyone jumps in, THEN the universe was on the brink.

In short: characters did well against Galactus based on their Effort, or Heart Force. Satannish cried like a bytch, Surfer tried a tiny bit, Bolt and Glads gave it their all, and the army were fired up by Glads' sacrifice.

Just like Strange intended.

IOW, it wasn't solely to do with their power levels, but the effort they put into it. Which ties back to science being warped.

Now remember. This is a discussion thread on a debate forum. Saying I'm wrong without giving reasons, or that I'm just a hater, or low balling, isn't debating or discussing.

But feel free to poke holes in my hypothesis.

It explains how BB was able to outperform Hell Lords, and Gladiator was able to outperform all of them, and how the army of heroes were able to amp Galactus to the point he was threatening the Universe.

Strange's entire plan was for them to be sacrificed:
https://i.postimg.cc/sDs8wWDg/RCO005-1563968078.jpg

Because he needed their efforts at max powah:
https://i.postimg.cc/QN0kZKJt/RCO017-1563968078.jpg

Glads gave his all (and hence, did the most damage):
https://i.postimg.cc/mgrnGG9x/RCO015-1563968078.jpg

But everyone else was also as important (IOW, their power levels didn't matter):
https://i.postimg.cc/66dgrcKP/RCO016-1563968078-1.jpg

Philosophía
@Phil...

This is a question for ya. I thought Waverider had play in that showing? If not, can you provide the issue number. Waverider literally wasn't even created when the issue took place.

You're unbelievable.

Action Comics Weekly #642.

carver9
Thanks

DarkSaint85
How did Waverider even get involved ...

Philosophía
How did Waverider even get involved ... http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar28664_9.gif

It wasn't just fabric of reality being torn, though.

https://i.postimg.cc/mrps9Wm4/RCO006-w-1561567206.jpg

Science was being rewritten...and this was a full issue prior. https://i.imgur.com/07DsEmF.png
https://i.imgur.com/6Mw5XoJ.png

carver9
Alright, read the book. Amazing story, dont know why they dont make books like this anymore. Anyways, want to point out some things. Superman during the beginning of the book meets a Lantern and short story, he gains an amp from this Lantern...

Here they meet...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41725702/SmartSelect_20190729-172029_Chrome.jpg.html

Here Superman ADMITS he is more powerful...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41725701/SmartSelect_20190729-171746_Chrome.jpg.html

If anyone wants to read the book, here ya go...

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Action-Comics-1938/Issue-642?id=25914

Nice ft but it doesnt belong to Superman. Enjoy.

carver9
How did Waverider even get involved ...

Seen previous debates saying he was the reason. Never read the book. I did today though. smile

Senor Cage
Gladiator wins.

an ass whupping

Philosophía
Alright, read the book. Amazing story, dont know why they dont make books like this anymore. Anyways, want to point out some things. Superman during the beginning of the book meets a Lantern and short story, he gains an amp from this Lantern...

Here they meet...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41725702/SmartSelect_20190729-172029_Chrome.jpg.html

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41725701/SmartSelect_20190729-171746_Chrome.jpg.html

Are you purposely trying to get banned?

I'm asking seriously, here.

And you have the guts to post the whole issue....for everybody to see....?

carver9
I'm posting what I got from it. You are entitled to disagree.

Philosophía
I'm posting what I got from it. You are entitled to disagree. Originally posted by carver9

Here they meet...

1). That "lantern" he meets was Abin Surr. That meeting took place years earlier- before Hal even becomes a Green Lantern. Since Abin is his predecessor, as literally everybody in any comic book forum knows. Abin Sur didn't amp him in any way.

Your own page says "That was many years ago"

This is blatant - blatant trolling. You have the comic right in front of you -- what in the shit is this?

2). The second scan says that he has leftover green lantern energy inside his body from Hal -- that he quickly puts out. It has nothing to do with Abin Sur. It has nothing to do with an amp.

Seriously - and I do mean seriously - what is wrong with you?

carver9
Where in the scan I posted did it even mention Hal amping him? He said get back to helping Hal. It was never mentioned which Lantern amped him. I used the Lantern on the page I posted because we clearly see Superman flying off in green energy. Then we see him here with Green energy leaking from his body...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41725751/SmartSelect_20190729-173302_Chrome.jpg.html

carver9
If you're going to debate, DEBATE. Dont be an ass while doing it. You're literally one of the most irritating individuals on here to talk to. Get...out...of...your...feelings.

Adam Grimes
You're calling someone irritating after outright lying and not even reading your own scans properly? Lol

carver9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You're calling someone irritating after outright lying and not even reading your own scans properly? Lol

What part did I point out wrong?

Philosophía
Where in the scan I posted did it even mention Hal amping him. He said get back to helping Hal. It was never mentioned which Lantern amped him. I used the Lantern on the page I posted because we clearly see Superman flying off in green energy. Then we see him here with Green energy leaking from his body...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41725751/SmartSelect_20190729-173302_Chrome.jpg.html Superman never gained an amp from Abin Sur , as you pathetically and ignorantly claimed:
Superman during the beginning of the book meets a Lantern and short story, he gains an amp from this Lantern...

Here they meet...

^That "a lantern" he interacts with is Abin Sur who is the Green Lantern preceeding Hal Jordan and the meeting with Superman took place literally years before the other, unrelated scan you posted, that has nothing to do with an amp, and he had residual GL energy leftovers that he quickly dispatched after being exposed to Hal's energy.

You're an embarrassment to everybody who interacts with you.
Then we see him here with Green energy leaking from his body...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41725751/SmartSelect_20190729-173302_Chrome.jpg.html That is not Green Energy leaking from his body. That is Hal, with his dying breath, teleporting him from locations around the world.

What the actual f*ck?

https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t/41725809_RCO013_1469653612.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t/41725810_RCO014_1469653612.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t/41725811_RCO016_1469653612.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t/41725812_RCO018_1469653612.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t/41725813_RCO019_1469653612.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t/41725814_RCO021_1469653612.jpg https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t/41725815_RCO022_1469653612.jpg
https://s7d6.turboimg.net/t/41725826_RCO023_1469653612.jpg

You literally have the issue right in front of you, and you're cropping up panels and lying.

This is the most blatant trolling I've ever seen.

carver9
"I feel a surge of energy inside of me. Residue from the Green Lantern energy I was expose too, I'll bet. MORE POWER, THATS ALL I NEED. I'll just suppress it AND GET BACK TO HELP HAL IF I CAN".

Philosophía
"I feel a surge of energy inside of me. Residue from the Green Lantern energy I was expose too, I'll bet. MORE POWER, THATS ALL I NEED. I'll just suppress it AND GET BACK TO HELP HAL IF I CAN". That's residual Green Lantern power/energy left inside his body AFTER he has encountered Hal and overcame time suspension and years later after he has encountered Abin Sur, and which has NOTHING to do with him being powered up, which, amazingly, you couldn't understand. Do you understand what RESIDUE means? It's like when you go to the whore house in your corner, and the residual smell stays on you. You don't gain 6 extra inches by that smell. The cropped panel you posted had nothing to do with green lantern energy leaking out of Superman - which you also lied about, blatantly, trollingly.

If you think you can lie, troll, and then ignore what you just said, well...let's see smile

carver9
@Phil...

Cant quote you...Where did Hal give him this surge of energy (that he outright admits is more power)? I literally said he gave Superman that energy due to Superman flying off in green energy AND that being the only time he was truly exposed to that power. Do you have scans of another instance?

Your last point, I agree with you there. No argument against that.

Philosophía
@Phil...

Cant quote you...Where did Hal give him this surge of energy (that he outright admits is more power)? I literally said he gave Superman that energy due to Superman flying off in green energy AND that being the only time he was truly exposed to that power. Do you have scans of another instance?

Your last point, I agree with you there. No argument against that.

Holy shit.

And I do mean, in the literal sense, holy shit.

Let me take you through this.

1). Abin Surr is dying
2). He summons Clark Kent to be his replacement. He finds out he is not from Earth. He sends him back
Carverland: THIS IS WHERE SUPERMAN WAS AMPED!!
Superman during the beginning of the book meets a Lantern and short story, he gains an amp from this Lantern...

Here they meet...

3. Literally years pass

4). Hal Jordan is dying. He summons up multiple people to replace him.
5). He teleports multiple people using his GL power and surrounding them in GL energy.
Carver: THIS IS WHERE SUPERMAN IS LEAKING GL ENERGY!!
Where in the scan I posted did it even mention Hal amping him? He said get back to helping Hal. It was never mentioned which Lantern amped him. I used the Lantern on the page I posted because we clearly see Superman flying off in green energy. Then we see him here with Green energy leaking from his body...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41725751/SmartSelect_20190729-173302_Chrome.jpg.html
6). He stops time.
7). Clark is speeded up so he ignores the time-stop.
8). Hal gets better and resumes activities.
9). Clark gets home and says that there's some residual GL power present from his interaction with Hal, so he snuffs it out
CARVER:OMG, THAT MEANS HE IS AMPED, AS PROOF HERE'S HIM MEETING ABIN SUR AND LEAKING GL ENERGY!! BUT WHERE DID I SAY HAL AMPED HIM?

How many times, in your entire life, have you hit your head?

carver9
Seems like what I said is being ignore. Guess we are done here.

Philosophía
You are definitely done here.

carver9
I never said that Superman was more powerful because he mentioned power leaking off of him. I said that he was more powerful because Superman states "more power is all I need". Its like you're intentionally ignoring what I'm saying.

Philosophía
I never said that Superman was more powerful because he mentioned power leaking off of him. I said that he was more powerful because Superman states "more power is all I need". Its like you're intentionally ignoring what I'm saying. Do you understand that the scene of Superman saying that he has residual GL power inside of him and snuffing it out takes place after he has already encountered Hal and plowed through time-stop? Do you understand that having residual Green Lantern energy from his interaction inside of him -- and Superman being more powerful are two distinct things? Do you understand that Superman doesn't get 'sunamped' by residual Green Lantern Energy?

Do you understand that lying, continuously, cropping scans, purposely misleading chronology, purposely not understanding time frames etc. are the most extreme, and blatant examples of purposeful trolling? Do you understand that, at this point, it's better to admit you're trolling -- than to say that's who you are?

carver9
Yep, you are not reading my posts. Thanks for the talk Philo.

Philosophía
Yep, you are not reading my posts. Thanks for the talk Philo. You lied about literally everything in this discussion - Abin Sur amping Superman, Superman leaking energy, Superman being powered up, the order the scenes take place in - to the point where you even tried to lie by cropping scans, conflating panels that take place years apart, and more.

As I've said, it's the most blatant example of trolling since I've been here.

Now, you're purposely failing/trolling to understand that, first of all, the residual GL energy is only after Superman already had plowed through time-stop and was sent back to Metropolis by Hal -- and also failing to understand that the residual GL energy has nothing to do with amping Superman in any way since it's a separate power source from his own power, and Superman never even used it and chose to snuff it out, compared to the rest who used the residual constructs:

https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t/41725874_RCO031_1469653612.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t/41725875_RCO032_1469653612.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t/41725876_RCO035_1469653612.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t/41725877_RCO037_1469653612.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t/41725878_RCO038_1469653612.jpg

The reason he ironically says "More power...that's all I need. I'll just supress it and get back to help Hal if I can" is because he doesn't need to use the residual GL power, so he ignores it. And the reason he says "get back to help Hal" is not because the following scene is the time-stop, it's because the scene BEFORE the residual power was present is Hal summoning him while he is near-death , so he thinks that Hal is still in problems.

How can you possibly read this so badly, when you even posted a link to the issue, that everybody can see?
You're a human disaster.

carver9
Lol... you hide behind bashing in your debates... using it as a cover up. This is your debating style. You try to belittle people to show some type of superiority over whomever you're going up against. It doesnt work. Well, to some it does but your style isnt covered up by me. You've still yet to address what I said because you're bashing out as a means of making your point look more clear when it isnt. It was good talking to you buddy. Continue being you.

carver9
You do this to everyone you debate against. You try to belittle them to make your points stand out more. Hide behind calling people dumb, idiots, where is your brain, etc... I've already posted threads of you doing this. I dont even know why you try it on me when you know it does nothing. You've taken this route for yrs now. Whenever you're ready to debate this topic like adults, I'm here.

MrMind
except you are an idiot, I believe not just Phil have told you so.

If you want people not to berate you, just stop posting and log off forever.

-Pr-
Lol... you hide behind bashing in your debates... using it as a cover up. This is your debating style. You try to belittle people to show some type of superiority over whomever you're going up against. It doesnt work. Well, to some it does but your style isnt covered up by me. You've still yet to address what I said because you're bashing out as a means of making your point look more clear when it isnt. It was good talking to you buddy. Continue being you.

You do this to everyone you debate against. You try to belittle them to make your points stand out more. Hide behind calling people dumb, idiots, where is your brain, etc... I've already posted threads of you doing this. I dont even know why you try it on me when you know it does nothing. You've taken this route for yrs now. Whenever you're ready to debate this topic like adults, I'm here.

You are right about one thing: Philo can be an awful, abrasive prick when he wants to be. And yes, that is bad. But, there is one thing you need to consider:

You flat out lied in this post:

Here they meet...

Like you've done in so many others. Philo is a lot of things, but he's far more honest about the comics he reads, so even if I didn't like him (but I do, he's yummy), I could respect him for that at least.

So yes, Phil's abrasiveness might get him banned one day because truthfully, a person can only get away with saying so much. The truth is, though, that it's likely to be long after you get banned for such rampant, dishonest, constant trolling.

And I swear, if I see you mention "new KMC rules" or "in character" one more time, I'll ban you out of principal for lying about something I said.

==

All of that said? Back on topic please, and try to use some civility, everyone.

TheHulkster

Badabing
Originally posted by -Pr-
You are right about one thing: Philo can be an awful, abrasive prick when he wants to be. And yes, that is bad. But, there is one thing you need to consider:

Like you've done in so many others. Philo is a lot of things, but he's far more honest about the comics he reads, so even if I didn't like him (but I do, he's yummy), I could respect him for that at least.

So yes, Phil's abrasiveness might get him banned one day because truthfully, a person can only get away with saying so much. The truth is, though, that it's likely to be long after you get banned for such rampant, dishonest, constant trolling.

And I swear, if I see you mention "new KMC rules" or "in character" one more time, I'll ban you out of principal for lying about something I said.

==

All of that said? Back on topic please, and try to use some civility, everyone. https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-19-2015/hukBPU.gif

The_Dog_of_War
Originally posted by panthergod
Correction: He moved the Earth Moon system it it's entirety, single-handed.

I was under the impression that the holding field eliminated the mass of the Earth and Moon.

abhilegend
Superman just hoped so.

Adam Grimes
Somebody post the Superman holding a black hole ft so we can go at it for 25 pages straight. Good ol' times.

DarkSaint85

TheHulkster
But that's precisely my point.

The narration states that scientific laws are being rewritten. You're the one ignoring this. YOU'RE the one who has to prove that his photons are still travelling at the speed of light etc etc... because, like you said, the default has been set.

We both know you can't prove it. Neither can I prove that the speed was different. But what I CAN prove, is that science and logic had gone out the window. Mindless Ones suddenly were all robots. Entire cities became mist. Weapons were turning into butterfly thingys.

And heralds were punching way above their weight.

The default setting with regard to the confrontation is what the narration describes. The things you refer to are peripherals. You have to prove that the peripherals override the default. The problem is that Galactus's power causes the peripheral reality warps and it is illogical to state that his power warps his own power.

Galactus is a multiversal force at this point and is more than capable of unleashing his power as he desires to. So what happens peripherally has nothing to do with what he does directly. Comprende?

Diesldude
Still trying to figure out how Gladiator's feat was impressive. Can someone state what was so impressive about it?

It seems like DR Strange had everyone take turns going against an amped galactus and they all still died.

DarkSaint85
The default setting with regard to the confrontation is what the narration describes. The things you refer to are peripherals. You have to prove that the peripherals override the default. The problem is that Galactus's power causes the peripheral reality warps and it is illogical to state that his power warps his own power.

Galactus is a multiversal force at this point and is more than capable of unleashing his power as he desires to. So what happens peripherally has nothing to do with what he does directly. Comprende?

Illogical?

Like in a world where logic and science no longer apply?

h1a8

Carver you pointed out one thing that happened years ago as it was the reason Superman overcame the time stop. I don't believe this was intentional (you just misunderstood) as you posted the comic for all to read. So in my opinion, you didn't lie.

Yes after the encounter with Hal Superman had some residual energy (like the others). But that in no way allowed Superman to withstand the time stop (the others were frozen). This residue energy allows a user to create constructs and do other GL things, not withstand a time stop. Hal can't withstand a time stop without exiting his body. Superman overcame the time stop due to his super speed (as the writer intented). GL energy does not amp Superman's powers (strength, speed, etc).

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-

==

All of that said? Back on topic please, and try to use some civility, everyone.

Savage.

carver9
And I still hold by my statement, even today. Superman was amped there

DarkSaint85
Yeah, he wasn't. Every time a non-Lantern was amped and using Hal's residual energy, they glowed green (for example, Nightwing).

Superman didn't glow green when getting out of the timestop. So, not amped.

h1a8
And I still hold by my statement, even today. Superman was amped there Were was it stated that he was amped? Special attributes must be proven.

Diesldude

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.