Midsommar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eon Blue
Saw it the other night and absolutely loved it. Another masterpiece by Ari Aster, director of Hereditary.

Anyone else watch it?

Robtard
It's on my to-watch list, will likely check it out in the next week or so

Patient_Leech
I still need to see Hereditary.

So I'm going to try to get on these two soon.

Patient_Leech
Watched Hereditary today. It was excellent. thumb up thumb up

dynamix
hereditary was 2nd fav movie of last year!

Patient_Leech
I'm hoping to get around to watching this in the coming days/weeks..

Robtard
Watched this last night, was decent, but nowhere near as good as Hereditary. This lacked the suspense and constant unsettling feeling.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Robtard
Watched this last night, was decent, but nowhere near as good as Hereditary. This lacked the suspense and constant unsettling feeling.

Indeed. I actually hated this the first time I saw it, but I ended up watching it again with a more open mind, and I liked it a lot more upon my second viewing, I made the mistake of going into this expecting more Hereditary. While not as good as it's predecessor, It's still a unique story with amazing cinematography.

NemeBro
Hereditary is probably my second favorite horror film I've seen this year, if this is even half as good it should be worth a watch.

Robtard
The first is?

NemeBro
The first is? 1922, starring Thomas Jane on Netflix.

Robtard
It's that good? Nice.

I'll try and check it out this weekend.

NemeBro
It's that good? Nice.

I'll try and check it out this weekend. Like Hereditary there is a purveying ambiguity during the film's runtime concerning how much of what we are apparently seeing is real or the result of a damaged mind's warped perspective. Jane also kills his role, and while the circumstances surrounding his character's situation are unfathomably bleak and terrible he ultimately has only himself to blame. It's also a period piece which I like, and like Hereditary where at no point do things seem safe, in 1922 the atmosphere of suffering never leaves it.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, 1922 is good, too. thumb up

Eon Blue

Patient_Leech
So I finally watched this and it's great.

I think I actually found it more haunting than Hereditary because it seemed more real, no silly supernatural element that took me out of the story.

This director is... amazing.

Robtard
Aster is apparently going to take a short break from horror for his next film (maybe two).

Still, with him and Peele currently doing horror films proper service, we're in good hands.

Patient_Leech
Aster is apparently going to take a short break from horror for his next film (maybe two).

Cool. Yeah, I was actually thinking I'd like to see him do something besides horror.

Still, with him and Peele currently doing horror films proper service, we're in good hands.

Yeah, I just think Peele needs to bring in other writers. Us was beautifully done, but didn't really make sense.

Robtard
I enjoyed 'Us', but it's inferior to 'Get Out', lacked the wit and humor combined with horror of the first film.

carthage

Patient_Leech

joeburg
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
So I finally watched this and it's great.

I think I actually found it more haunting than Hereditary because it seemed more real, no silly supernatural element that took me out of the story.

This director is... amazing.

Same here, I actually found Midsommar scarier than Hereditary. Not in the jump scare supernatural events kind of way but more of the fact that this film seemed so realistic.

ScientificSubje
Originally posted by joeburg
Same here, I actually found Midsommar scarier than Hereditary. Not in the jump scare supernatural events kind of way but more of the fact that this film seemed so realistic. Truth is stranger than scyfy. At least according to Sir Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.