Algebra was derived from Islam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MuslimForLife
Without Islam, the west wouldn't have mathematics in this age-

https://youtu.be/kzcHatLa-CU

SquallX

Putinbot1

Putinbot1
https://youtu.be/FLay7RD3kEw

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by MuslimForLife

that's like saying we'd never have achieved flight if it wasn't for 'murica. it would have been accomplished at a later date, by someone else, perhaps somewhere else entirely.

Putinbot1
Ibn Hawas was a super ****ing genius though. In many ways up there with Newton and Davinci. He was lucky to live when and where he did. This BBC series is fascinating.https://youtu.be/FLay7RD3kEw

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Ibn Hawas was a super ****ing genius though. In many ways up there with Newton and Davinci. He was lucky to live when and where he did. This BBC series is fascinating.https://youtu.be/FLay7RD3kEw Just read that back of course I mean Ibn al-Haytham, also called Al Misri. Forgive the brainfart ibn hawas was a legendary general.

Bashar Teg
Ibn Hawas was a super ****ing genius though. In many ways up there with Newton and Davinci. He was lucky to live when and where he did. This BBC series is fascinating.https://youtu.be/FLay7RD3kEw

I'm not trying to diminish bragging rights. just the general inventor's fallacy: that an invention would not eventually occur at the hands of another inventor, and the intellectual/technological/medical/etc progression of our species would be permanently stunted as a result.

TempAccount
While the Europeans were wallowing in shit, the Arabs were having their era of enlightenment under the Abbasid dynasty, yes.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I'm not trying to diminish bragging rights. just the general inventor's fallacy: that an invention would not eventually occur at the hands of another inventor, and the intellectual/technological/medical/etc progression of our species would be permanently stunted as a result. I know you're not, that period of Islam was fascinating and probably st the time Baghdad was the freest city history had ever seen.Originally posted by TempAccount
While the Europeans were wallowing in shit, the Arabs were having their era of enlightenment under the Abbasid dynasty, yes. Exactly, education and discovery at that point for Islam was seen as a muslims duty for the glorification of Allah. Shocking how the Ottamans stalled and in fact reversed all that.

riv6672
Hindu astronomer and mathematician Brahmagupta gave us zero in 628. No zero, no algebra.
Suck it muslims.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by riv6672
Hindu astronomer and mathematician Brahmagupta gave us zero in 628. No zero, no algebra.
Suck it muslims. This is where people don't understand what happened in the translation period. For the first time Indian 0 and Greek geometry were side by side in the same language and Al Misri was able to create Algebraic proofs through his genius. To paraphrase Newton, he saw further standing on the shoulder of giants.

TempAccount
Shocking how the Ottamans stalled and in fact reversed all that.

This is something only an inbred Saudi would say. Abbasid cultural enrichment period ended with the Mongol invasion of Baghdad. Ottomans had their own enrichment period.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by MuslimForLife

https://youtu.be/kzcHatLa-CU

Another lie from another muslim.

Without Islam people wouldn't be blowing themselves up-- and trying to kill as many innocent people as possible in doing so--for their nonexistent moon god Allah (and no, Isamic god and Christian one are not the same no matter how many times people try to claim they are;Christian one is actually real) thinking it will earn them 72 virgins in Heaven lol.

Without Islam, the Crusades never would've had to happen.

Islam is a plague on the world.

No doubt some Christian-hater is gonna come along now and say Christianity is too lol. Which is BS, of course.

TempAccount
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Another lie from another muslim.

Without Islam people wouldn't be blowing themselves up-- and trying to kill as many innocent people as possible in doing so--for their nonexistent moon god Allah (and no, Isamic god and Christian one are not the same no matter how many times people try to claim they are;Christian one is actually real) thinking it will earn them 72 virgins in Heaven lol.

Without Islam, the Crusades never would've had to happen.

Islam is a plague on the world.

No doubt some Christian-hater is gonna come along now and say Christianity is too lol. Which is BS, of course. You are by far the most ignorant and simple-minded person I've ever come across in my many years on the internet. That or you are the best damn troll ever; outdoing even me. Congrats. Now an hero.

eThneoLgrRnae
^No doubt that was an anti-Christian response considering who made it lol.

TempAccount
^This kid has me on block since I triggered him too much in the GDF. Typical mindless conservative who can dish it but can't take it. Fragile ego much? No wonder you relate with Trump.

cdtm
Originally posted by TempAccount
This is something only an inbred Saudi would say. Abbasid cultural enrichment period ended with the Mongol invasion of Baghdad. Ottomans had their own enrichment period.

He isn't Russian?

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
He isn't Russian?
No, he took his time. eek!

NemeBro
^This kid has me on block since I triggered him too much in the GDF. Typical mindless conservative who can dish it but can't take it. Fragile ego much? No wonder you relate with Trump. Yeah it really is the lamest thing. Imagine making almost every post with so much vitriol towards other people but being too much of an emotionally fragile pussy to take any shit in return. He's a complete punk.

Putinbot1
This is something only an inbred Saudi would say. Abbasid cultural enrichment period ended with the Mongol invasion of Baghdad. Ottomans had their own enrichment period. The Ottomans did not value Science, whilst I take your point about the mongols sacking Baghdad and agree. The Ottomans led a serious period of confusion and isolationism. Agreed they contined some links to Austria, Hungary etc. Printing was the big problem, the Ottomans outlawed it till the 18th century. So yes they made some movement forward but stagnated the already stagnated Muslim world further.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by SquallX
Just to be safe, pretty sure the religion did not give us Algebra.

This.

More accurately: Islam (the dogma of religion) actually ended the rational inquiry and intellectual progress of Islam's golden age.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson explains it well... "Revelation replaced investigation..."

uCDzhgS925o

There's a moral to the story folks: religion sucks.

Surtur
The word "algebra" comes from Islam yes lol. From the title of a book written about math.

But no, islam didn't actually "invent" it.

riv6672
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This.

More accurately: Islam (the dogma of religion) actually ended the rational inquiry and intellectual progress of Islam's golden age.

uCDzhgS925o

There's a moral to the story folks: religion sucks.
Well, Islam (the one being discussed) does, at any rate.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
The word "algebra" comes from Islam yes lol. From the title of a book written about math.

But no, islam didn't actually "invent" it. actually true, however Algorithms on the other hand were far more credible as Al Misri's work. Although he is also called the father of Algebra for the reasons already outlined in this thread.

Lord Lucien
Saying something was invented "by Islam" is as retarded a use of language as saying the telescope was "invented by Christianity". A Muslim who speaks Arabic using an Arabic word in the title of his book that contains information on a thing he used/expanded on is no more "derived from Islam" than Archimedes screw was "derived from the Olympians". It was derived from some f*cking guy or a bunch of other guys who liked what that first guy was about. Credit them, not their f*cking religion.

What is it with religious freaks/nationalistic morons/outright xenophobes who need to frame every f*cking thing that has ever happened EVER, to a black-and-white divide between human groups. F*cking tribalistic simpletons.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This.

uCDzhgS925o

There's a moral to the story folks: religion sucks. It's really dependent who is in charge, if you have one who believes the best way to honour his god is through knowledge and pays money for new books to be translated in gold and others to apply the secrets found therein and gain uses for them it was probably a winner.

Surtur
actually true, however Algorithms on the other hand were far more credible as Al Misri's work. Although he is also called the father of Algebra for the reasons already outlined in this thread.

The guy didn't invent algebra lol. It predates that, it goes to ancient babylon.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Saying something was invented "by Islam" is as retarded a use of language as saying the telescope was "invented by Christianity". A Muslim who speaks Arabic using an Arabic word in the title of his book that contains information on a thing he used/expanded on is no more "derived from Islam" than Archimedes screw was "derived from the Olympians". It was derived from some f*cking guy or a bunch of other guys who liked what that first guy was about. Credit them, not their f*cking religion.

What is it with religious freaks/nationalistic morons/outright xenophobes who need to frame every f*cking thing that has ever happened EVER, to a black-and-white divide between human groups. F*cking tribalistic simpletons. This is very true, however the translation period allowed Al Misri to do this. It truly was the greatest age up until then. Probably, because none of us were there.

Putinbot1
The guy didn't invent algebra lol. It predates that, it goes to ancient babylon. No one said he did, Algorithms a stronger case exists for. Algebra itself, not in the form he created no. He needed two things, Greek geometry and the idea of 0 from India. He had both in the same language and this was the translation period beauty. For the first time books were in the same language, hilariously the Ottomans outlawed the printing press.

Lord Lucien
It truly was the greatest age up until then. Probably, because none of us were there. Wut?

Surtur
lol.

Putinbot1
Wut? Exactly. Neil Gaiman does a dream story on Baghdad of that period, and wut is the correct answer.

Robtard
Thank you Mohammad.

Lord Lucien
Exactly. Neil Gaiman does a dream story on Baghdad of that period, and wut is the correct answer. No seriously: wut? I didn't read the whole thread, if you were referencing something else in it.

EDIT: What did he dream? Was it nice?

Putinbot1
No seriously: wut? I didn't read the whole thread, if you were referencing something else in it.

EDIT: What did he dream? Was it nice? The truth is wondrous as the translation may have been, we will never know really.

Putinbot1
No seriously: wut? I didn't read the whole thread, if you were referencing something else in it.

EDIT: What did he dream? Was it nice? He dreamt Baghdad was wondrous with magic carpets rather than your typical medieval shit hole, which for all it's achievements it was and so was the rest of the world up to about 150 years ago. Remember deodorant only became a thing in the 60's and people bathed once a week till about then too.

Lord Lucien
One of the most underappreciated things of the modern world is deodorant. Right behind McNuggets.

Putinbot1
One of the most underappreciated things of the modern world is deodorant. Right behind McNuggets. I was in Cuba 2 years ago and I couldn't get any for two days, I was using my girl friend of the time, rather be feminine than stinky.

Surtur
Muslims invented chicken nuggets back in 750 ad.

Putinbot1
Muslims invented chicken nuggets back in 750 ad. They did some pretty marvelous eye operations around then and of course the best book on anatomy for 400 years.

Surtur
Muslims invented sight. Thanks Muhammad! All that rape was worth it.

#SurtKnows

Lord Lucien
I was in Cuba 2 years ago and I couldn't get any for two days, I was using my girl friend of the time, rather be feminine than stinky. I hear ya. If I go more than a day without some delicious Chicken MackNuggets, I start smelling too.

Lucky I have a huge can of Axe Bodyspray in my gun holster at all times.

Surtur
Muslims probably inspired axe body spray. God damn them. God damn them all to hell.

Putinbot1
I hear ya. If I go more than a day without some delicious Chicken MackNuggets, I start smelling too.

Lucky I have a huge can of Axe Bodyspray in my gun holster at all times. Axe is the best whatever Rob and Bash say about it being for loudmouths. I wear Axe Peace as it was on offer.

eThneoLgrRnae
Muslims invented chicken nuggets back in 750 ad.

laughing laughing

eThneoLgrRnae
Muslims invented sight. Thanks Muhammad! All that rape was worth it.

#SurtKnows

They probably invented pedophilia as well lol. Such a "marvelous" invention. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Lucien
They probably invented pedophilia as well lol. Such a "marvelous" invention. roll eyes (sarcastic) The Spartans would like a word with you.

Putinbot1
The Spartans would like a word with you. laughing

Surtur
The Spartans were probably invented by Islam too.

Wonder Man
Give your gratitiude to your women in your own bed.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by cdtm
He isn't Russian?
Originally posted by riv6672
No, he took his time. eek!

koFWh25eIuw

CaveDude33211

What is it with religious freaks/nationalistic morons/outright xenophobes who need to frame every f*cking thing that has ever happened EVER, to a black-and-white divide between human groups. F*cking tribalistic simpletons.

He's just a retarded Islamic-parrot.

Of course the Muslims didn't invent Algebra - the Arabs did.

The Arabs got it from the Greeks.

The Greeks got it from the Egyptians.

The Egyptians got it from the Babylonians.

And the Babylonians got it from the Sumerians.

It all leads back to the Middle East - Semitic People invented the basis for most technologies - and Japhethitic People later innovated them.

eThneoLgrRnae
The Spartans would like a word with you.

Do any of them still even exist?

Robtard
Thank you Muhammad (pbuh) for maths.

Lord Lucien
Do any of them still even exist? Kiiiiiiiinda...?

MythLord
I knew it was evil.

Surtur
Muhammad needed a way to keep track of how many kids he raped.

eThneoLgrRnae
Muhammad needed a way to keep track of how many kids he raped.

laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.