Yale Psychiatrist believes Trumps mental health is a world emergency.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
https://www.salon.com/2019/06/14/yale-psychiatrist-bandy-lee-trumps-mental-health-is-now-a-national-and-global-emergency/

Silent Master
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
^^attention-seeking behavior

Putinbot1
According to a Yale Psychiatric expert a world Emergency. But, you know, an educated expert... what does she know.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master

Somehow this is different though, and I look forward to the excuse provided.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
Somehow this is different though, and I look forward to the excuse provided. Dr. Bandy Lee convened experts to study the Mueller report. They conclude that Trump "can no longer see reality"

Surtur
So, how long do we have to live?

Putinbot1
So, how long do we have to live? I don't know let's look at who "Bandy" is and why this is newsworthy.

Dr. Bandy Lee, who is a professor of psychiatry at the Yale School of Medicine and editor of the bestselling book "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump" convened a panel comprised of leading mental health experts to evaluate Donald Trump based upon his behavior as detailed in the Mueller report.

Their definitive conclusion: Trump is mentally unfit, a threat to the United States and the world.

Silent Master
What is their success rate in accurately diagnosing patients without actually talking with them?

Surtur
So this is about profit, cool.

Putinbot1
So this is about profit, cool. Nah, it's about World Safety. The fact she is getting the message out pleases me greatly. But then she is the real deal.

Putinbot1
Their definitive conclusion: Trump is mentally unfit, a threat to the United States and the world, and as such should have his powers severely restricted. At the invitation of several Democratic members of Congress, Lee and other mental health professionals will present their findings about Donald Trump's mental health at what they hope will be a bipartisan congressional meeting in Washington next month.

Anyone know if this happened yet?

Surtur
And how many times has she personally examined Trump?

BrolyBlack

Putinbot1
And how many times has she personally examined Trump? it's based on her and other experts observations. Like Robs highlighting things. You know Science.

Their definitive conclusion: Trump is mentally unfit, a threat to the United States and the world, and as such should have his powers severely restricted. At the invitation of several Democratic members of Congress, Lee and other mental health professionals will present their findings about Donald Trump's mental health at what they hope will be a bipartisan congressional meeting in Washington next month.

Has this happened?

Putinbot1

Surtur
Originally posted by Putinbot1
it's based on her and other experts observations. Like Robs highlighting things. You know Science.

Has this happened?

Oh, so they didn't examine him.

Has she ever even been in the same room with Trump? Spoken with him on the phone? Anything?

Putinbot1
Oh, so they didn't examine him.

Has she ever even been in the same room with Trump? Spoken with him on the phone? Anything? His confusion over being a first responder at 9/11 seems to show a pattern of delusional behaviour.

Surtur
His confusion over being a first responder at 9/11 seems to show a pattern of delusional behaviour.

So that's a "no" and a "no".

dadudemon
I don't know let's look at who "Bandy" is and why this is newsworthy.

Dr. Bandy Lee, who is a professor of psychiatry at the Yale School of Medicine and editor of the bestselling book "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump" convened a panel comprised of leading mental health experts to evaluate Donald Trump based upon his behavior as detailed in the Mueller report.

Their definitive conclusion: Trump is mentally unfit, a threat to the United States and the world.

Oh, I see. It is more clear, now: she's got an agenda. An Anti-Trump agenda, to be exact.

I thought you had something legit. It's just more hysteria. She should get checked for delusional reality disorder and perhaps get her credentials called into question for using her position and credentials in a partisan political power struggle.

It's a dangerous game she is playing. And not a good one.

Robtard
Yeah, experts believe... That's why they need to examine him.

"Believe" is clearly stated in your title...

It's like Trumpers can't even stop to read the title and absorb the content before knee-jerking like usual to defend their great orange Emperor.

Anyhow, Trump will never allow himself to be examined by someone who he's not certain is under his control. Remember his doctor's letter during the campaign?

Putinbot1
So that's a "no" and a "no". Interestingly Captains of Ships can be made to have examinations if their behaviour is considered erratic by the ships Doctor. I'd call a Professor of Psychiatric Medicine at one of the best 6 Universities in the world a good choice for ships Doctor.

dadudemon

Putinbot1
Originally posted by dadudemon
This is not true. Many health services now offer medical care and diagnostic services over the internet.

It is also very easy for a mental health professional to diagnose mental disorders by just observing them. It might be easier to diagnose Trump since there is so much footage and audio of him. He's recorded and mic'd up almost all the time. Did not know this, but can see logic.

SquallX

Surtur
Oh, I see. It is more clear, now: she's got an agenda. An Anti-Trump agenda, to be exact.

I thought you had something legit. It's just more hysteria. She should get checked for delusional reality disorder and perhaps get her credentials called into question for using her position and credentials in a partisan political power struggle.

It's a dangerous game she is playing. And not a good one.

Bingo

Putinbot1

dadudemon

SquallX

Putinbot1
This is also something I did not know.

However, looking at the defamation criteria that I posted for AdamPoe, it fits the "major public figure" category and defamation is much harder to prove in this case. She's also making a genuine effort and will have legitimate medical findings to present on this. So it does not seem she can be sued for defamation because she can fall back on both of those reasons:

1. Legitimate findings and legitimate professional opinion.
2. It's about a major public figure. I honestly don't think it's illegal for a minute for a healthcare professional to offer an opinion in the public interest.

cdtm
https://www.salon.com/2019/06/14/yale-psychiatrist-bandy-lee-trumps-mental-health-is-now-a-national-and-global-emergency/

Ever work at Yale?

I contracted there in my early years. The very, very brilliant people tend to have some measure of being very, very neurotic.

It's actually kind of crazy, how tightly wound virtually every single person is there. All that pressure to perform has consequences on the psyche.

SquallX

Robtard
I honestly don't think it's illegal for a minute for a healthcare professional to offer an opinion in the public interest.

When Trump loses in 2020, Trumpers can self-sooth themselves it happened because this doctor said she believes Trump's mentally deranged a year+ prior.

Putinbot1

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
"Believe" is clearly stated in your title...

It's like Trumpers can't even stop to read the title and absorb the content before knee-jerking like usual to defend their great orange Emperor.

Anyhow, Trump will never allow himself to be examined by someone who he's not certain is under his control. Remember his doctor's letter during the campaign? Exactly it's Surts usual reading what he wants to read or is happier with stuff.

dadudemon

Putinbot1
You need to post this case.

But it may not work in Trump's case because he is a major public figure unlike that other guy. She's written a best selling book highlighting Trump is a loon, given his love of litigation, he either definately is a loon and knows it or, more likely at best Squall's case doesn't apply to a public figure or where a medical consensus from many experts, as here has been taken.

Surtur
She's written a best selling book highlighting Trump is a loon, given his love of litigation, he either definately is a loon and knows it or, more likely at best Squall's case doesn't apply to a public figure or where a medical consensus from many experts, as here has been taken.

On a scale of 1-10 how butthurt are you over Trump being president?

Putinbot1
On a scale of 1-10 how butthurt are you over Trump being president? No, no, no, that's not the right question. The right question is, why don't you want to listen to a group of highly decorated medical professionals with something important to say. This thread is not about me, it's about news, Science and Public interest. Don't let your Whirly derangement Syndrome blur how important this could be.

dadudemon
The right question is, why don't you want to listen to a group of highly decorated medical professionals with something important to say.

What are they, cakes?

Okay, I'll listen to you. But only if they are highly decorated with buttercream frosting.

Putinbot1
What are they, cakes?

Okay, I'll listen to you. But only if they are highly decorated with buttercream frosting. That's kinky bruv! laughing

Surtur
No, no, no, that's not the right question. The right question is, why don't you want to listen to a group of highly decorated medical professionals with something important to say. This thread is not about me, it's about news, Science and Public interest. Don't let your Whirly derangement Syndrome blur how important this could be.

Lol@ "this thread isn't about me".

Sure it is. Why play dumb?

dadudemon
That's kinky bruv! laughing

They probably taste like sweat and opiate metabolites, knowing the psychiatry's community's penchant for prescription pain meds.

dadudemon

Sure it is. Why play dumb?

That's where you're wrong. I posted a thread just about Whirly. Go there if you wish to discuss just Whirly's mental health issues.

Putinbot1

Sure it is. Why play dumb? Surt a Yale Profs opinion along with other MD's on the POTUS's mental health is surely thread worthy and I'm sorry you want to make it about me. Whirly derangement theory is a bad thing bruv!

Surtur
Surt a Yale Profs opinion along with other MD's on the POTUS's mental health is surely thread worthy and I'm sorry you want to make it about me. Whirly derangement theory is a bad thing bruv!

Lol. We all know it's about you.

Putinbot1
So Surt, you are choosing what news should be discussed then, is that what you are saying? Because I made the thread... The story is not noteworthy? Or worth discussing?

Robtard
On a scale of 1-10 how butthurt are you over Trump being president?

You're mimicking me again. As always, this is very flattering :0

ps It should be "0-10", if you're going to mimic me, go all the way, don't half-ass it

dadudemon

ps It should be "0-10", if you're going to mimic me, go all the way, don't half-ass it

I just checked. Only mentally handicap people use scales that go from 0-10. Normal people use scales that go from 1-10.

After assembling a panel of experts, we've decided to diagnose you:

You're retarded.

Surtur

^Triggered

dadudemon
I just checked. Only mentally handicap people use scales that go from 0-10. Normal people use scales that go from 1-10.

After assembling a panel of experts, we've decided to diagnose you:

You're retarded.

haermm

I laughed so hard at my own post. WHEEEWW!

Surtur
Rob can I laugh at DDM's post or will this set you into meltdown mode?

Robtard
Rob can I laugh at DDM's post or will this set you into meltdown mode? ^
https://media0.giphy.com/media/Gt4FaBEFngjL2/giphy.gif

Surtur
So indeed a meltdown. Tragic.

Putinbot1
So indeed a meltdown. Tragic. Where?

Robtard
Where?

Surt's projecting again. (aka just an average Tuesday)

Surtur
Where?

You, right here.

Putinbot1
Surt's projecting again. (aka just an average Tuesday) Yeah, he does that, it's cute. It's what kids do Rob.

jaden_2.0
Let's face it, you don't really have to be an expert to see how Trump's behaviour has changed over the years. Old interviews of him show him expressing his opinions far more effectively than he does now. So either his mental capacity has reduced for whatever reason or he's faking it now because he thinks using words with as few syllables as possible means he's connecting with his supporters i.e he thinks they're all dumb.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Let's face it, you don't really have to be an expert to see how Trump's behaviour has changed over the years. Old interviews of him show him expressing his opinions far more effectively than he does now. So either his mental capacity has reduced for whatever reason or he's faking it now because he thinks using words with as few syllables as possible means he's connecting with his supporters i.e he thinks they're all dumb. Perhaps both, he's mental and thinks his supporters are thick. It would fit the facts tbh.

Mindship
https://www.statnews.com/2018/06/28/goldwater-rule-broken-psychiatrists/

TLDR. Mental health professionals feel they have an ethical/social responsibility to comment on what they are witnessing with Trump, and that given the potentially disastrous consequences of staying silent, behavioral observation is sufficient for said commentary.

Further, my understanding is that the DSM-5 is generally geared more toward diagnoses based on observed behavior over inferred psychodynamics: another impetus for updating the Goldwater rule.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Mindship

TLDR. Mental health professionals feel they have an ethical/social responsibility to comment on what they are witnessing with Trump, and that given the potentially disastrous consequences of staying silent, behavioral observation is sufficient for said commentary.

Further, my understanding is that the DSM-5 is generally geared more toward diagnoses based on observed behavior over inferred psychodynamics: another impetus for updating the Goldwater rule. thumb up Exactly

Surtur

Further, my understanding is that the DSM-5 is generally geared more toward diagnoses based on observed behavior over inferred psychodynamics: another impetus for updating the Goldwater rule.

Yep we know they have great excuses for doing this.

Putinbot1
Yep we know they have great excuses for doing this. Erratic behaviour from the most powerful man on Earthn seems a good one.

Surtur
I get it, orange man bad, anything okay to stop orange man.

Putinbot1
I get it, orange man bad, anything okay to stop orange man. Clearly you don't get it, highly respected and lauded medical professional and expert. A leader in the field of psychiatric medicine and other psychiatric experts see Trumps behaviour as that of a mentally man which in their expert opinion he is.

Surtur
Clearly you don't get it, highly respected and lauded medical professional and expert. A leader in the field of psychiatric medicine and other psychiatric experts see Trumps behaviour as that of a mentally man which in their expert opinion he is.

I get it, orange man bad.

Putinbot1
Clearly you don't get it, highly respected and lauded medical professional and expert. A leader in the field of psychiatric medicine and other psychiatric experts see Trumps behaviour as that of a mentally man which in their expert opinion he is. not bad... mad according to psychiatric experts.

Surtur
No need to be upset kid, don't let Trump control you so completely.

Putinbot1
No need to be upset kid, don't let Trump control you so completely. Best you got kid? No counter experts? Of course not.

Surtur
Seems valid, there is no need to be upset.

Putinbot1
Seems valid, there is no need to be upset. best you got kid? No counter experts? Of course not.

Surtur
Seems valid, there is no need to be upset.

Putinbot1

Putinbot1

Putinbot1

samhain
I'm almost certain Trump is a few oranges short of a juice bar, (see what I did there?) but I'd be a lot more interested in this if the doctor/scientist involved wasn't such an obvious anti-Trumper who has written about him successfully in the past. She may just be plugging a new book. That being said I think world leaders should constantly and perhaps even continuously have their mental health/faculties monitored.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by samhain
I'm almost certain Trump is a few oranges short of a juice bar, (see what I did there?) but I'd be a lot more interested in this if the doctor/scientist involved wasn't such an obvious anti-Trumper who has written about him successfully in the past. She may just be plugging a new book. That being said I think world leaders should constantly and perhaps even continuously have their mental health/faculties monitored. she's not the only one Sam, we have literally thousands of healthcare professionals believing it.

cdtm
I'm almost certain Trump is a few oranges short of a juice bar, (see what I did there?) but I'd be a lot more interested in this if the doctor/scientist involved wasn't such an obvious anti-Trumper who has written about him successfully in the past. She may just be plugging a new book. That being said I think world leaders should constantly and perhaps even continuously have their mental health/faculties monitored.

Good idea.

Extend that to private sector industry and big business. Add in a law that any meetings like the Bilderberg Group must be open to the general public, to make sure they're not just all throwing poop at each other (Industry and trade secrets my ass. If THAT was the real reason, why is it ok to reveal those secrets to the very people with the deep pockets to becomes competitors? Answer that, Mr. World dominating illuminati fancy pants!)

dadudemon

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
Good idea.

Extend that to private sector industry and big business. Add in a law that any meetings like the Bilderberg Group must be open to the general public, to make sure they're not just all throwing poop at each other (Industry and trade secrets my ass. If THAT was the real reason, why is it ok to reveal those secrets to the very people with the deep pockets to becomes competitors? Answer that, Mr. World dominating illuminati fancy pants!)

Yeah, can't really disagree with samhain. If our Air Traffic Controllers and other people in industries require frequent psych-evaluations to be deemed fit for duty, why not the most powerful human on the planet? They have the power to cause far more death and destruction and the last...what...10 US Presidents HAVE caused a massive amount of death and destruction.

They should be held to even higher standards than ATCs.

cdtm
Yeah, can't really disagree with samhain. If our Air Traffic Controllers and other people in industries require frequent psych-evaluations to be deemed fit for duty, why not the most powerful human on the planet? They have the power to cause far more death and destruction and the last...what...10 US Presidents HAVE caused a massive amount of death and destruction.

They should be held to even higher standards than ATCs.

I really don't disagree, it's a good principle.

The real problem is keeping it from becoming yet another political weapon. Mental health professionals aren't exactly known for their spine, or their integrity (Just dumpster dive for all the various scandals, dirt, or cases where a professional said "Everything's A-OK" with a thumbs up, and suddenly their charge hangs themself or shoots up a concert)

What happens if a president is totally fine, but the health pro just doesn't like him? Get a second opinion? And what happens if there's industry wide bias, or one side is better at the pressure game then the other?

samhain

The real problem is keeping it from becoming yet another political weapon. Mental health professionals aren't exactly known for their spine, or their integrity (Just dumpster dive for all the various scandals, dirt, or cases where a professional said "Everything's A-OK" with a thumbs up, and suddenly their charge hangs themself or shoots up a concert)

What happens if a president is totally fine, but the health pro just doesn't like him? Get a second opinion? And what happens if there's industry wide bias, or one side is better at the pressure game then the other?

It's not hard to imagine it being used maliciously against a world leader if you've seen even one season of 24. How about thousands upon thousands of 1st year psych students blindly analyzing the profiles of all the worlds leaders? They would all be tested year in, year out by people who may not have the experience to offer a definitive diagnosis, but the sheer numbers of them could offer some good insights. They would also probably lack the experience/wisdom to be able to identify who the individual world leaders they are analyzing actually are which would mitigate the bias.

samhain
she's not the only one Sam, we have literally thousands of healthcare professionals believing it.

I can imagine. Even a layman can see that Trump, in all probability isn't fit/sound for duty.

dadudemon

The MMPI-2 seems to do just fine without being partisan. No reason at all to assume it would change just because the president takes it, right?

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/orders_notices/index.cfm/go/document.information/documentID/1025887

Mindship
I like how Doc Ramani explains the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dv8zJiggBs

A follow-up vid -- "The 4 Types of Narcissism" -- is also pretty good. IMO, Ramani is good at explaining things simply.

Putinbot1
I can imagine. Even a layman can see that Trump, in all probability isn't fit/sound for duty. thumb up Agreed Sam

dadudemon

A follow-up vid -- "The 4 Types of Narcissism" -- is also pretty good. IMO, Ramani is good at explaining things simply.

Thanks for this. I'll watch it at work when I get down time. Currently on a con call, waiting for people to do stuff. smile

Putinbot1

A follow-up vid -- "The 4 Types of Narcissism" -- is also pretty good. IMO, Ramani is good at explaining things simply. I'm scared to watch this... believe it or not some one... well, p-people, sometimes say I might be a narcissist... Don't see it myself I'm far too good looking for that shit, If I say so myself and I'm always right.

cdtm
The MMPI-2 seems to do just fine without being partisan. No reason at all to assume it would change just because the president takes it, right?

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/orders_notices/index.cfm/go/document.information/documentID/1025887

A good point. If something as partisan and inconsequential as the mental health status of an air traffic control... controller?... isn't something subject to partisanship, then surely the mental health of political opposition won't be. smile

Bubbly Fubbly
I've already clarified a point.

However, I think if Trump is suddenly seen as mentally ill, you have to admit a lot of people diagnosed as mentally ill are due to outside conditions. People usually try to check up on people they don't like and force them into treatments, it seems somehow. Think of all the Hollywood stars, it happens to them. Many of the most famous die.

Bashar Teg
So basically you're having another psychotic episode, and resent the people in your life who try to help you?

Bubbly Fubbly
So basically you're having another psychotic episode, and resent the people in your life who try to help you? No, and my mom died in December, from 3 kinds of cancer (breast, bone, and eye.) My parents/aunt got me on medicine and I am stuck living with my dad (and little brother) and have to take it.

I'm actually very good, about perfect behavior, such a good reputation, play piano, etc. etc. etc., all growing up. I ran into intervention of others when I finally struggled in a class because the schools I went to before were much easier with busywork though (so not really easy.) This happened twice. I'm just teaching myself violin and German so I can go to Germany and experience good classical music.

I am not having any psychotic episodes (?) though when someone says that to you there's no convincing them otherwise.

TempAccount
I need to get out of here

ArtificialGlory

Surtur

TempAccount
If I thought that there was no possibility of me quitting this site 5 years from now, I'd kill myself now.

It's like your first high-school crush; no matter what you can't erase the intrusive thoughts from your mind.

Mindship
Thanks for this. I'll watch it at work when I get down time.Enjoy. She's easy on the ears.
I'm scared to watch this... believe it or not some one... well, p-people, sometimes say I might be a narcissist... Don't see it myself I'm far too good looking for that shit, If I say so myself and I'm always right. You sound fit to be president.

SquallX

Surtur
Originally posted by TempAccount
If I thought that there was no possibility of me quitting this site 5 years from now, I'd kill myself now.

It's like your first high-school crush; no matter what you can't erase the intrusive thoughts from your mind.

lol

dadudemon
I'm scared to watch this... believe it or not some one... well, p-people, sometimes say I might be a narcissist... Don't see it myself I'm far too good looking for that shit, If I say so myself and I'm always right.

legit lol'd.

dadudemon
A good point. If something as partisan and inconsequential as the mental health status of an air traffic control... controller?... isn't something subject to partisanship, then surely the mental health of political opposition won't be. smile

Man, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

But, yeah, the MMPI-2 has done well and I don't remember people bringing politics into it at all when they did the overhaul and upgrade from 1 to 2.

It's just accepted and ATCs come from all over the political spectrum. If it was a partisan test of mental-fitness, I would have seen many stinks raised over it.

They are working on an MMPI-3, obviously. If the president is required to take this test as often as an ATC, and we magically get an MMPI-3 that allows severe mental health and personality disorders through, yup...it's now a partisan test and its utility is in question.

I bet you Trump would fail the MMPI-2. As would many federal congressmen.

Eon Blue

dadudemon

I saw this vid already. I'm not good with names but I do recognize Dr. Ramani. She has a certain charisma about her and it is very enjoyable to listen to her talk about things. She is incredibly smart but has a knack for explaining obviously complicated things, simply, so you can quickly grasp the subjects.

Old Man Whirly!
Dr. Bandy Lee convened experts to study the Mueller report. They conclude that Trump "can no longer see reality" laughing out loud Bandy Lee was ahead of the game!

Lestov16
Originally posted by Lestov16
I'm pretty sure EVERY THREAD MADE IN THE PAST 2 MONTHS should just be assimilated into this one. That way it will be easier for me to watch you all EAT SHIT-COVERED CROW :tomcatbetagiljotiinichairjerryyeslaughing hystericalHappy Dancedance

-from this thread
https://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=670364&pagenumber=11#post17369273

Old Man Whirly!

Bashar Teg
amazing. the yale psychiatrists were right, and the deranged uneducated insurrectioists were wrong. it's surreal

Old Man Whirly!
amazing. the yale psychiatrists were right, and the deranged uneducated insurrectioists were wrong. it's surreal it truly is, somewhere Surt uses a story from the Blaze to try and attack the Yale psychiatrists credentials, all rubbish of course. Such stupid, stupid people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.