Spiderman vs Spiderman (Tobey vs Tom)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
With both having Spidersense I think this has become a very interesting match.

MCU Spiderman vs the original Spiderman from Tobey Maguire.

Fight takes place in NY.

Who takes this and why?

KingD19
The Peter Tingle seems far more powerful. And by this point his agility and strength and durability feats give him more than a fair chance against Tobey.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by KingD19
The Peter Tingle seems far more powerful. And by this point his agility and strength and durability feats give him more than a fair chance against Tobey.

I only hope that "The Peter Tingle" is just the provisional name for it... Honestly, what the hell? I know the kid is going through puberty and having a lot of "tingles"; I know it's funny for the young audiences, but if the MCU is trully going to make Spiderman the new Iron Man they need to being being mature with it.

NotAllThatEvil
I would still probably give it to Tobey. His spidesenese seems more accurate and he doesn't run out of webbing

KingD19
I think by the next movie they'll use it once or twice, then he'll correct rhen that it's his spider-sense. Not a tingle.

TheVaultDweller
Holland Spidey has a good shot at this point. Extremely strong, very fast, very agile, but I still would rate that Tobey handles hard blunt force impacts a bit better (based on his Sandman fight). I think Holland's Spider-Sense is the most impressive though. It took a while to get going (probably because of the sensory overload he told Stark about, which took him a while to sort out), but it seems to provide far more info that Tobey or Garfield. They could react to individual things coming at them. Holland can outright fight blind for extended sequences using his.

wakkawakkawakka
I might not remember the full details but I still think Garfield's Spider Sense is the most impressive of the three considering it gave him 360 precog that allowed him to react to electricity...but for this thread that may be off tanget

I still think Tobey edges out due to being more consistent with his resistance to blunt force trauma and spacial awareness though Far from Home finally gave Holland's Spiderman the competency that was sorely lacking in his performances prior. The "Peter Tingle" can stay active unlike the single instance that Tobey's Spider Sense has. The agility Holland's shown seems better than Tobey's as well which would pose a challenge.

Darth Thor
Dunno about Tobey handling more hits. MCU Spider-Man took a smack down from Thanos.

Putinbot1
The Peter Tingle seems far more powerful. And by this point his agility and strength and durability feats give him more than a fair chance against Tobey. You'd hope by grade 12 the worst of puberty was past him.

steverules_2
I give it to Tobey, he also got hit by a train and shrugged it off in Spider-Man 2.1 and then went on to stop a train

Whilst Holland Spider-man was impressive in FFH he still wasn't as impressive as Tobey IMO

KingD19
He didn't get hit by a train. He used his webs to stop a runaway train and got crumpled into the frame when the structural integrity and him gave out. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

Holland got ran over by a bullet train and only needed a nap. That's a huuuuge difference.

There's also the difference in speed between an Amtrak and a bullet train.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, they were planning on having Tobey Spidey actually being hit by the train (in a deleted scene, Doc Ock pushes him in front of it), but they ended up cutting that. But that's likely where the idea came from for Far From Home.

Darth Thor

Holland got ran over by a bullet train and only needed a nap. That's a huuuuge difference.

And he took that without his Stark armour no less.

Psychotron
He didn't get hit by a train.

He did in the Spider-man 2.1 DVD.

SquallX

steverules_2
He didn't get hit by a train. He used his webs to stop a runaway train and got crumpled into the frame when the structural integrity and him gave out. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

There's also the difference in speed between an Amtrak and a bullet train.

In 2.1, which was the extended version, Tobey spider gets hit by a train

KingD19
Ate we using the extended version or the theatrical version? Because if that's the case then Holland should get every feat from all 3 of his deleted scenes and extended clips.

Also Iron-Spider doesnt seem to be super heavily armored or something. It just has the AI and the extra arms.

steverules_2
Ate we using the extended version or the theatrical version? Because if that's the case then Holland should get every feat from all 3 of his deleted scenes and extended clips.

Also Iron-Spider doesnt seem to be super heavily armored or something. It just has the AI and the extra arms.

Deleted scenes you can't use and if the extended clips are used in the actual film on the blu-ray or DVD then yeah. 2.1 was an extended uncut version of the film so it can be used.

h1a8
Tobey SS is better. It slows down time tremendously. Bullets and even the flapping wings of a fly move in super slow motion.
Also Toby's SS acts much earlier.

carthage
Tobey tanked being hit and kept going, MCU Peter got knocked out and limped noticeably after

Tobey has greater striking durability and strength, MCU Peter is faster and has a better spider sense

ShadowFyre
Those hits from sandman though...tobey has some insane durability

h1a8
Originally posted by carthage
Tobey tanked being hit and kept going, MCU Peter got knocked out and limped noticeably after

Tobey has greater striking durability and strength, MCU Peter is faster and has a better spider sense I already explained why Tobey has better SS. So you are wrong there.

KingD19
Yet Tobey got hit by Goblins razor bombs. While Holland was completely deprived of his senses and walked through a hallway of killer drones shooting thousands of rounds at him without a scratch.

steverules_2
Yet Tobey got hit by Goblins razor bombs. While Holland was completely deprived of his senses and walked through a hallway of killer drones shooting thousands of rounds at him without a scratch.

I thought that was when his spider sense fully kicked in? Or his Peter tingle if you will

KingD19
Originally posted by steverules_2
I thought that was when his spider sense fully kicked in? Or his Peter tingle if you will

Up until that point he only had a few seconds of tingle at random intervals. That scene was when he finally used it how it was meant to be used. And that single instance was more impressive than any time Tobey did it.

h1a8
Yet Tobey got hit by Goblins razor bombs. While Holland was completely deprived of his senses and walked through a hallway of killer drones shooting thousands of rounds at him without a scratch. Fiction has highs and lows. We use only the highs to avoid the lowball-highball troll tactic (using a character's highest feats against another characters lowest feats).

Evasive action was the primary reason Tom didn't get hit by bullets.

The fact that Toby's SS activates far before the attack happens and that it slows his perception of time up to 200 times slower makes it better. Plus it controls his body and guides him out of the way of danger without his knowledge or consent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.